do any 360 games have the custom soundtrack feature?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

UT_Wrestler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 0

#1 UT_Wrestler
Member since 2004 • 16426 Posts
Remember the custom soundtrack on the original xbox? I remember getting really irritated with the fact that there were VERY few games that actually allowed you to do a custom soundtrack. You know, using music ripped from your cds instead of the game's music. Are there ANY 360 games that can do custom soundtrack?
Ps2stony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#2 Ps2stony
Member since 2006 • 1888 Posts
Most games rely on music to make the experience better... I can't imagine GoW2 with japenese pop music nor can I imagine any "kid" game with death metal.
UT_Wrestler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 UT_Wrestler
Most games rely on music to make the experience better... I can't imagine GoW2 with japenese pop music nor can I imagine any "kid" game with death metal.Ps2stony
That wasn't my question. Anyhow, in fighting games, racing games, etc, the soundtrack is inconsequential to setting the mood. I'm not talking about action adventure games or rpgs.
Natedogg_NJB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 Natedogg_NJB
Member since 2008 • 246 Posts
Remember the custom soundtrack on the original xbox? I remember getting really irritated with the fact that there were VERY few games that actually allowed you to do a custom soundtrack. You know, using music ripped from your cds instead of the game's music. Are there ANY 360 games that can do custom soundtrack?UT_Wrestler
All games should work.
UT_Wrestler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 UT_Wrestler
[QUOTE="UT_Wrestler"]Remember the custom soundtrack on the original xbox? I remember getting really irritated with the fact that there were VERY few games that actually allowed you to do a custom soundtrack. You know, using music ripped from your cds instead of the game's music. Are there ANY 360 games that can do custom soundtrack?Natedogg_NJB
All games should work.

How so?
Ps2stony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#6 Ps2stony
Member since 2006 • 1888 Posts
[QUOTE="Ps2stony"]Most games rely on music to make the experience better... I can't imagine GoW2 with japenese pop music nor can I imagine any "kid" game with death metal.UT_Wrestler
That wasn't my question. Anyhow, in fighting games, racing games, etc, the soundtrack is inconsequential to setting the mood. I'm not talking about action adventure games or rpgs.

Your question was custom soundtracks. My answer was no, they don't want your own music, they want their own music to set the mood. And with the in-game music thing, custom soundtracks is no longer considered a "feature".
CrimsonpugTwo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 CrimsonpugTwo
Member since 2004 • 2220 Posts

[QUOTE="Natedogg_NJB"][QUOTE="UT_Wrestler"]Remember the custom soundtrack on the original xbox? I remember getting really irritated with the fact that there were VERY few games that actually allowed you to do a custom soundtrack. You know, using music ripped from your cds instead of the game's music. Are there ANY 360 games that can do custom soundtrack?UT_Wrestler
All games should work.

How so?

Just start playing your game, hit the guide button, scroll to over to the music player tab, and start playing the music on your HD. I believe that you can do this with every 360 game, whether it says "custom soundtrack" on the packaging or not. It works in most every game I've tried.

Natedogg_NJB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Natedogg_NJB
Member since 2008 • 246 Posts

[QUOTE="Natedogg_NJB"][QUOTE="UT_Wrestler"]Remember the custom soundtrack on the original xbox? I remember getting really irritated with the fact that there were VERY few games that actually allowed you to do a custom soundtrack. You know, using music ripped from your cds instead of the game's music. Are there ANY 360 games that can do custom soundtrack?UT_Wrestler
All games should work.

How so?

Well you have to have songs at the harddrive.

Press the guide button.

go to media and go to select music.

But it work work on some games cut scenes

navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#9 navyguy21
Member since 2003 • 17427 Posts
Every game supports custom soundtracks. Just burn a cd to your 360, and either start playing it before you play the game, or like another poster said, while playing the game, press the guide button, go to media tab, go down to select music, choose hard drive, select your music. This works with every game because its a part of the Xbox 360 software, its not put in by developers like it was last gen. this is also why very very few PS3 games support this, because its up to the devs. You can also stream music from ANY mp3 player. to play music from that during the game, just plug your player into the 360 using the same usb cable you use for your computer, and repeat the steps above but choose your MP3 player. Works the same when streaming music from PC. Best thing about this feature is that it automatically cancels out the game music instead of just playing over it like on my PS3. Hope that helps!!
blainekyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 blainekyle
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
Some here seem to be under the impression that the music has to be on your harddrive. Not the case. If your Windows PC is connected to the same network as the Xbox (and you have media sharing set up in WMP) you can listen to your MP3/WMA collection straight from the computer.
YoungSinatra25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#11 YoungSinatra25
Member since 2009 • 4314 Posts
[QUOTE="UT_Wrestler"]Remember the custom soundtrack on the original xbox? I remember getting really irritated with the fact that there were VERY few games that actually allowed you to do a custom soundtrack. You know, using music ripped from your cds instead of the game's music. Are there ANY 360 games that can do custom soundtrack?Natedogg_NJB
All games should work.

Yup, as long as the music is downloaded to your hard drive it'll play during any game. I don't use it it kinda takes from the game since the music isn't lowered during scenes of dialogue...
l0ve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#12 l0ve
Member since 2005 • 3178 Posts
You can just hook up your ipod or whatever to you 360 via usb port >.> easy as that. and play it via the guide button.
XxWOND3RB3ADxX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 XxWOND3RB3ADxX
Member since 2008 • 1189 Posts

fight night round 4 does for your guys entrance its pretty cool

RedReckoning

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14 RedReckoning
Member since 2009 • 638 Posts
You can rip cds to your hardrive and listen to your music while you play...
neildneil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#15 neildneil
Member since 2007 • 594 Posts

you can plug in your ipod and play music through that while youre playing

XxWOND3RB3ADxX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 XxWOND3RB3ADxX
Member since 2008 • 1189 Posts

You can't use ur ipod because they had an update that came out and you couldn't use it

neildneil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#17 neildneil
Member since 2007 • 594 Posts

i'm using it right now. it's fine.

2pac_makaveli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#18 2pac_makaveli
Member since 2008 • 1681 Posts
every single game allows u to do this, hit the guid button during a game and select music source and pow u got music either burnt to ur hard drive or via mp3 player