Did BioShock ever scare you?

• 56 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f93995c29447
deactivated-5f93995c29447

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#1 deactivated-5f93995c29447
Member since 2005 • 2063 Posts
I screamed like a little girl two times in my first play. I never screamed in fear from a game before in a long time. I think I screamed at Doom when I was four years old, but that was it. I was never scared at any other game during that, until this.
TAneverdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 TAneverdie
Member since 2004 • 371 Posts
I never screamed, but i definetly jumped.
judas-savior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#4 judas-savior
Member since 2005 • 417 Posts
Demo was scary as I didn't know what to expect in the woprld and got all hardcore with the big daddy's but after that not scared just jumpy as I understood the world.. =)
ag1002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 ag1002
Member since 2004 • 13499 Posts
it was spooky, but I was never frightened... sometimes I'd open my eyes, but never my mouth, never jumped. its a creepy game though
bilaboing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 bilaboing
Member since 2003 • 129 Posts
There was one point in the game, at the medical pavilion where i went into a room that was spraying some sort of freezing stuff from the ceiling, and when it sprayed you couldnt see or move for about 3 seconds. And when you go over to the table and pick up one of the audio recordings, the freeze sprays and when you can move again you turn around and there is an enemy right in your face. Thats the only time I jumped.
master19148

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 master19148
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts
yea it is a creepy game but it wasnt enough to make me scream or jump if it was like condemned then i would of made me jump lol but the game is great
awax187187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 awax187187
Member since 2005 • 277 Posts

Oh yea i sh!t my pants. But i was so into the game didnt bother changing into new pair of pants.

Sireegio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 Sireegio
Member since 2005 • 105 Posts
the atmosphere kept my heart beating, but i jumped the highest when the lights in one room flickered on and off, and i went to loot a corpse and it JUMPED UP AND ATTACKED ME
master19148

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 master19148
yall just over reactin nothing scarey about that game 4real
niwom510

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 niwom510
Member since 2005 • 589 Posts
the lighting and the sudden music scared me most, no screams, but plenty of jumps. When you see a shadow of a splicer and then the lights turn off and you hear the sudden violin. Play the game with surround sound for a MUCH added effect.
blue_tape

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 blue_tape
Member since 2007 • 2868 Posts
The Limited Edition has frightened me beyond belief. A broken figurine and a 3 song soundtrack, wow-wee!
timmotool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 timmotool
Member since 2005 • 1761 Posts
I jumped a few times and let out a little yelp once. hehe, not even done with it yet!
kdt55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#14 kdt55
Member since 2004 • 2525 Posts
I have to sleep with a night light now, and my mommy has to stay with me until I go to sleep, and sometimes, I fear that a big daddy is in my closet....In all seriousness, no. I'm a grown ass man, and I can't get scared over video games or movies anymore. I wish I could, because being scared is fun when there is no real danger.
kkbeach93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 kkbeach93
Member since 2004 • 1089 Posts
I jumped once when i turned around and out of the blue there was a big daddy charging at me. Great stuff.
SWE_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 SWE_Dude
Member since 2004 • 107 Posts

its a creepy vibe over the whole game. haven't jumped yet, but i did scream at some bastards.. mostly out of anger though.

the room were i got the shotgun was quite creepy. lights turned off and slicers came running from all over.. well worth it though the shotgun rules :D

Kevondadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Kevondadon
Member since 2007 • 309 Posts
I only jumped to a game when I was playing Re2. This game I played at my cousin house. It was funny. But my girlfriend jump DURING THE DEMO. With the lady and the stroller.HAHA
MR_PUNISHER660

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 MR_PUNISHER660
Member since 2007 • 282 Posts
I jumped a ouple of times in the demo and every once in a while in the real game but i play it at night when noones up with all the lights on so that might be part of it.
MR_PUNISHER660

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 MR_PUNISHER660
Member since 2007 • 282 Posts
i meant lights off
gokuofheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 gokuofheaven
Member since 2004 • 3452 Posts

I have to sleep with a night light now, and my mommy has to stay with me until I go to sleep, and sometimes, I fear that a big daddy is in my closet....In all seriousness, no. I'm a grown ass man, and I can't get scared over video games or movies anymore. I wish I could, because being scared is fun when there is no real danger.kdt55

i'd like to hide in your closet one day with a gun, wonder if that'd work :)

Codename33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#21 Codename33
Member since 2005 • 2719 Posts

I've never jumped, but some parts were definitely creepy. Someone had already warned me of the splicer appearing behind you, so I wasn't afraid of that.

gokuofheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 gokuofheaven
Member since 2004 • 3452 Posts
It's more of a creepy feeling. It's a game so the worst that can happen is you start over.
BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#23 BioShockOwnz
Member since 2006 • 52901 Posts
I think the lonely underwater world and the sense of loss is the most horrific thing about the game. You have to search the game to really grasp onto the emotional side to the game that is quite scary. Like Ken Levine said, "would you fear anything if you had nothing to lose?" Rapture is a place of broken dreams and failed hope. They lost everything they had, and that is more scary to me than a bunch of demon looking monsters.
Zanarkun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Zanarkun
Member since 2007 • 37 Posts

nope i thought it was a pretty boring experience

kdt55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 kdt55

nope i thought it was a pretty boring experience

Zanarkun

Do you always rate boring games high?

degobah77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 degobah77
Member since 2006 • 1048 Posts
Yep, scared the hell out of me and still does.
Zanarkun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Zanarkun
Member since 2007 • 37 Posts

i gave it a 8.0 because of the graphics and the gameplay just didnt thought the story was anything speciel or that the game was scary in any way

Avatar image for EnigmaticBeauty
EnigmaticBeauty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 EnigmaticBeauty
Member since 2007 • 1297 Posts

It's a different kind of feeling, a feeling of despair as you explore this amazing city and learn about their lifes and what made them tick... It really is amazing, you can tell the developers put heart and soul into the game, something that is lacking in most games nowadays.

The feeling is amazing when your controller starts to vibrate and you hear the steps of Big Daddy coming, you kinda run off and hide... and I'm thankful to say, I haven't looked at any clues yet that makes it even more wonderful cause then you really start to feel lost and lonely... best game I've played on the 360. It really feels like a next gen title.

MarineXXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 MarineXXII
Member since 2007 • 1583 Posts
yea its spooky, but i never screamed, i may jumped once or twice
lantus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#30 lantus
Member since 2006 • 10591 Posts
Nah, I wasn't scared the whole time through, but I did jump two or three times for sure. I'd say the game was just creepy rather than just pure scares.
capthavic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#31 capthavic
Member since 2003 • 6478 Posts

There was one point in the game, at the medical pavilion where i went into a room that was spraying some sort of freezing stuff from the ceiling, and when it sprayed you couldnt see or move for about 3 seconds. And when you go over to the table and pick up one of the audio recordings, the freeze sprays and when you can move again you turn around and there is an enemy right in your face. Thats the only time I jumped.bilaboing

Yeah I only jumped a couple times at "Boo!' scares like thet one but thats it. I didn't speed run through the games but I didn't take the time to fully absorb the secenery either so that may be part of it.

Avatar image for Son_Of_Synyster
Son_Of_Synyster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Son_Of_Synyster
Member since 2006 • 81 Posts
I have to sleep with a night light now, and my mommy has to stay with me until I go to sleep, and sometimes, I fear that a big daddy is in my closet....In all seriousness, no. I'm a grown ass man, and I can't get scared over video games or movies anymore. I wish I could, because being scared is fun when there is no real danger.kdt55
What does being "Grown" have to do with it? I'm 21 and have been a huge Horror fan all my life and this game STILL creeps me out. My PARENTS still get scared watching movies. If you love being scared, you'll be scared. This game is the GOOD kind of fear. Not the "OMFG, A ZOMBIE!!" jump kind, but the psychological kind that constantly keeps you in a state of totally being creeped out. Besides that, Fear is processed subconsciously. We have zero control over it. You just have to "Let Go" to feel the rush and enjoy it :P
Brassard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Brassard
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts

There was one point in the game, at the medical pavilion where i went into a room that was spraying some sort of freezing stuff from the ceiling, and when it sprayed you couldnt see or move for about 3 seconds. And when you go over to the table and pick up one of the audio recordings, the freeze sprays and when you can move again you turn around and there is an enemy right in your face. Thats the only time I jumped.bilaboing

Yep, I yelled at this point too("Ahhh! Crap! Die by my wrench, goon, DIE!"), my girlfriend ran into the room to see what the yelling was about, and though I was a tool. Let's just say I ruined any chance of being considerd a "bad ass" for the remainder of this relationship. :)

Brassard.

scotty992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 scotty992
Member since 2005 • 2388 Posts
It is pretty scary.
neo_one

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 neo_one
Member since 2003 • 185 Posts
I thought the scariest part of the game was Cohen's* area...the art section of the game. The things you'd see there were off the wall. The purple lighting was really cool too
NAPK1NS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 NAPK1NS
Member since 2004 • 14870 Posts
I never jumped. What was there to even jump at?
StealthedRogue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 StealthedRogue
Member since 2006 • 1341 Posts

It sucks that I have been completely desensitized to this sort of game, I didnt jump once but I wish I had.

The last time I have been afraid during a game was when I was like 8 or 9 playing the original silent hill.

neo_one

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 neo_one
Member since 2003 • 185 Posts
Idk, sometimes when you think someone is dead, they spring to life. If you arent expecting that, then it could getcha.
kdt55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 kdt55

[QUOTE="kdt55"]I have to sleep with a night light now, and my mommy has to stay with me until I go to sleep, and sometimes, I fear that a big daddy is in my closet....In all seriousness, no. I'm a grown ass man, and I can't get scared over video games or movies anymore. I wish I could, because being scared is fun when there is no real danger.Son_Of_Synyster
What does being "Grown" have to do with it? I'm 21 and have been a huge Horror fan all my life and this game STILL creeps me out. My PARENTS still get scared watching movies. If you love being scared, you'll be scared. This game is the GOOD kind of fear. Not the "OMFG, A ZOMBIE!!" jump kind, but the psychological kind that constantly keeps you in a state of totally being creeped out. Besides that, Fear is processed subconsciously. We have zero control over it. You just have to "Let Go" to feel the rush and enjoy it :P

I think its because I've been watching horror movies since I was about 5 years old, so its hard to get scared when it comes to movies, and in this case, games. The last time I got a little spooked was in the 1st Resident Evil when you see your first zombie and he's munching on a corpse and he turns around slowly too look at you with blood running down his grill. I don't know, I just can't get the 'fear' like I could when I was a child. I'm more inclined to laugh then to cringe. Come to think of it, I did get a little freaked when I saw The Blair Witch Project, which many don't understand why...most people think that movie is a joke. Since then though, I can't think of anything that has made me 'scared'.

mattg90520

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 mattg90520
Member since 2006 • 3115 Posts
it creeped me out a lot. i felt a little apprehensive about what might be ahead, etc.
Avatar image for deactivated-5f93995c29447
deactivated-5f93995c29447

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#41 deactivated-5f93995c29447
Member since 2005 • 2063 Posts

That was one part that made me scream like a girl.

Dub_c6969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Dub_c6969
Member since 2004 • 6014 Posts
I jumped a few times.
catanzariti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 catanzariti
Member since 2007 • 489 Posts
i nver get scared..lol one point in the game i thought was freaky but not make u jump or scared lol
MVfalcons83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#44 MVfalcons83
Member since 2007 • 3515 Posts

same, and when u saw the shadow on the wall and when r going over to it all the sudden the lights turn off and then the shadow isnt there anymore

joey101010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 joey101010
Member since 2003 • 7521 Posts
Same here. I screamed too, and put down the game until morning. It was just too much.
zm91090

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 zm91090
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
I jumped a couple of times. Somethings jumped up or something that was just freaky.
Impulse1195

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#47 Impulse1195
Member since 2005 • 467 Posts
Kinda at first, I was like "Oh great, another creepy game to play in a dark room all by my lonesome." These creepy games are becoming too darn common! But surprisingly Bioshock hasn't really affected me in that way after learning the game, and having played it for the first few hours. Its definately moody, and atmospheric to give an uncomfortable feeling.. but I find I'm really just more focused on killing stuff, and hunting Big Daddy's. Its a very nice change of pace.
nhl06360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 nhl06360
Especially when the huge green guy comes bashing through the walls or when something comes through the windows.
nhl06360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 nhl06360
sry this was to the re2 post
SizeMatterzz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 SizeMatterzz
Member since 2007 • 1858 Posts
I thought the game was more funny than scary, at the end when all those little girls beat the crap out of him was so damn funny