Diablo 3 to Xbox 360 has a ring to it don't you think???

• 157 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

erickb1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 erickb1983
Member since 2010 • 315 Posts

Blizzard is hiring a Console designer for Diablo 3 and they said they are exploring all options. So from the sounds of it we will be seeing diablo 3 going to the console systems. I think it will be EPIC. What do you guys think about playing Diablo 3 on Xbox360???

Gen007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 Gen007
Member since 2006 • 11006 Posts

ive never played a diablo game but would love to see what all the rage is about.

rangegear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 rangegear
Member since 2008 • 3029 Posts

I would Love IT!

Lord_Nas3k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Lord_Nas3k
Member since 2006 • 1492 Posts

Eww. Diablo on a console?

Sorry, but no. I wouldn't touch it.

erickb1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 erickb1983

Lord_Nas3k

Why? I think it would be to good to be true to play this on live. It would be PVP hell.:D

KC_Hokie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 KC_Hokie
Member since 2006 • 16099 Posts
Would much rather have world of warcraft.
Avatar image for deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
Member since 2006 • 31700 Posts

Is there really any doubt that D3 will be on the consoles? Blizzard would be insane not to release it on the consoles.

F0urTwenty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 F0urTwenty
Member since 2010 • 1842 Posts

Lord_Nas3k
I agree i don't see it working to well either, Diablo is meant for the PC and should stay that way.
Da_lil_PimP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Da_lil_PimP
Member since 2006 • 4241 Posts

Is there really any doubt that D3 will be on the consoles? Blizzard would be insane not to release it on the consoles.

airshocker
The first Diablo was released on the PS1. It didn't do well. Diablo III will not come to consoles I can guarantee you that. The controls wouldn't work.
wiouds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 wiouds
Member since 2004 • 6233 Posts

If it like the first two then it would not matter if it was on the Xbox 360 since it just a beat many enemies and move on.

SaintBlaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 SaintBlaze
Member since 2007 • 7736 Posts

Never touched a Diablo game in my life but I guess if the next one heads to the 360, I'll give it a look.

erickb1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 erickb1983

[QUOTE="airshocker"]

Da_lil_PimP

The first Diablo was released on the PS1. It didn't do well. Diablo III will not come to consoles I can guarantee you that. The controls wouldn't work.

We should do a signature bet on that like if it does I gotta put this on my sig and u gotta put this on your sig. My sig needs a change its to much to look at lol.

Xbox360Gamer15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#13 Xbox360Gamer15
Member since 2009 • 3937 Posts

Blizzard is hiring a Console designer for Diablo 3 and they said they are exploring all options. So from the sounds of it we will be seeing diablo 3 going to the console systems. I think it will be EPIC. What do you guys think about playing Diablo 3 on Xbox360???

erickb1983
id love a diablo on the 360...the other diablos suck because their on the pc the 360 will fix their problems
Avatar image for deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
Member since 2006 • 31700 Posts

The first Diablo was released on the PS1. It didn't do well. Diablo III will not come to consoles I can guarantee you that. The controls wouldn't work.Da_lil_PimP

"The controls wouldn't work" is hardly an excuse for why a game wouldn't come to consoles. It's not even valid. The consoles would be smoother, allowing you to control your character with the sticks as opposed to clicking with a mouse. And then you have the plethora of buttons that can be used as hotbars, or even introduce a radial hotbar system much like Mass Effect does. I see no reason why the controls would be worse than the PC version. There's only room for improvement.

Secondly, this is 2010. Releasing D3 on the 360 and PS3 opens up an entirely new market. A market where people don't own gaming PCs. This is a no-brainer, Diablo 3 will come to consoles.

But we can always bet on it if you want. :)

F0urTwenty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 F0urTwenty
[QUOTE="erickb1983"]

Xbox360Gamer15
id love a diablo on the 360...the other diablos suck because their on the pc the 360 will fix their problems

God it's scary how much of a troll you are. Once again you add nothing to the thread like every other thread, If PC suck so much then get off yours and stop posting on GS.
erickb1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 erickb1983

[QUOTE="Xbox360Gamer15"][QUOTE="erickb1983"]

F0urTwenty

God it's scary how much of a troll you are. Once again you add nothing to the thread like every other thread, If PC suck so much then get off yours and stop posting on GS.

lol past history im guessing. He didn't say nothing bad he just don't like the PC versions thats ok. lol i read it again to funny I can like picture you like being pissed.

F0urTwenty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 F0urTwenty

[QUOTE="F0urTwenty"][QUOTE="Xbox360Gamer15"] id love a diablo on the 360...the other diablos suck because their on the pc the 360 will fix their problemserickb1983

lol past history im guessing. He didn't say nothing bad he just don't like the PC versions thats ok. lol i read it again to funny I can like picture you like being pissed.

If there were achievements for most useless posts on GS then xbox360gamer15 gamerscore would be in the billions.

edit: I'm sure he would love that considering he said games are completely worthless if they don't have achievements.

edit edit: And how is saying that the other diablo's suck because they are on the pc not saying anything bad? I'm sure he hasn't even played them because he is probably using a computer that has a celeron d processor on it.

erickb1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 erickb1983

[QUOTE="erickb1983"]

[QUOTE="F0urTwenty"]God it's scary how much of a troll you are. Once again you add nothing to the thread like every other thread, If PC suck so much then get off yours and stop posting on GS.F0urTwenty

If there were achievements for most useless posts on GS then xbox360gamer15 gamerscore would be in the billions.

edit: I'm sure he would love that considering he said games are completely worthless if they don't have achievements.

edit edit: And how is saying that the other diablo's suck because they are on the pc not saying anything bad? I'm sure he hasn't even played them because he is probably using a computer that has a celeron d processor on it.

That was my thought maybe he can't play them on the pc and would like them for the console. I don't think I will be able to play diablo 3 on my laptop.

erickb1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 erickb1983

ive never played a diablo game but would love to see what all the rage is about.

Gen007

I hope we get a chance to see it come on the 360.

firefox59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 firefox59
Member since 2005 • 4530 Posts

[QUOTE="Da_lil_PimP"]The first Diablo was released on the PS1. It didn't do well. Diablo III will not come to consoles I can guarantee you that. The controls wouldn't work.airshocker

"The controls wouldn't work" is hardly an excuse for why a game wouldn't come to consoles. It's not even valid. The consoles would be smoother, allowing you to control your character with the sticks as opposed to clicking with a mouse. And then you have the plethora of buttons that can be used as hotbars, or even introduce a radial hotbar system much like Mass Effect does. I see no reason why the controls would be worse than the PC version. There's only room for improvement.

Secondly, this is 2010. Releasing D3 on the 360 and PS3 opens up an entirely new market. A market where people don't own gaming PCs. This is a no-brainer, Diablo 3 will come to consoles.

It really doesn't matter how much sense it makes man. Its not going to happen. There are enough consoles owners that WILL buy it for the PC that it doesn't warrant even a port with new controls to consoles.
Boris_Lion_SLO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Boris_Lion_SLO
Member since 2009 • 131 Posts

I Would love to see it on console, would work prefectly. I like when i control movement of character and not just click to say "go here".

Strider_91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#22 Strider_91
Member since 2007 • 6570 Posts
Diablo is a title that would transition best to console i think.. I'd love it :oops:
Wakanoid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#23 Wakanoid
Member since 2009 • 4468 Posts
WOW. Have any of you actually played/bought Diablo 1/2 on PC? If you have and actually played it, and still think it's a good idea for Xbox 360... *Sigh* I'd have to say I completely disagree.
Evolution-X0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Evolution-X0
Member since 2008 • 1740 Posts
PC port for consoles? and its a Diablo game? eh eh eh...not happening, sorry guys.
jjivey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#25 jjivey
Member since 2010 • 1354 Posts

I think it would be great. Im excited about Diablo 3, but i no longer do any PC gaming since i sold off my gaming rig. So this will be just what i need.

Xbox360Gamer15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Xbox360Gamer15
[QUOTE="F0urTwenty"][QUOTE="Xbox360Gamer15"][QUOTE="erickb1983"]

pc games suck not the pc....but if they make diablo 3 for the 360....it will be the best diablo ever made....if not...it will be just another bad pc game
jjivey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 jjivey

[QUOTE="F0urTwenty"][QUOTE="Xbox360Gamer15"] id love a diablo on the 360...the other diablos suck because their on the pc the 360 will fix their problemsXbox360Gamer15

pc games suck not the pc....but if they make diablo 3 for the 360....it will be the best diablo ever made....if not...it will be just another bad pc game

i want to hear why you think pc games suck, please explain

SpArKs424

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 SpArKs424
Member since 2010 • 2203 Posts

This game is only a PC game consoles would ruin all the fun , i love my console but some games just dont belong this being one of them .

Xbox360Gamer15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Xbox360Gamer15

[QUOTE="Xbox360Gamer15"][QUOTE="F0urTwenty"]God it's scary how much of a troll you are. Once again you add nothing to the thread like every other thread, If PC suck so much then get off yours and stop posting on GS.jjivey

i dont get the controls...ive played a few pc games and the controls are hard since its hard to play and know what to press on the keyboard and the graphics of pc games suck....the only pc game i like even a little bit is battle dex...thats the only one i like....but its still inferior to the 360 all pc games are.
Da_lil_PimP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Da_lil_PimP

[QUOTE="Da_lil_PimP"]The first Diablo was released on the PS1. It didn't do well. Diablo III will not come to consoles I can guarantee you that. The controls wouldn't work.airshocker

I'm always up for a little bet. What do you want to wager?
EzekyleAbadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 EzekyleAbadon
Member since 2010 • 1391 Posts

I don't think it would work well being point & click and all. Then again, if they managed to make a viable control system I would consider buying the xbox version over the pc one

orb_03_2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 75

#32 orb_03_2006
Member since 2006 • 8494 Posts
Would much rather have world of warcraft. KC_Hokie
Exactly. That's the only PC port I'd be willing to play...
jjivey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 jjivey

[QUOTE="jjivey"]

[QUOTE="Xbox360Gamer15"] pc games suck not the pc....but if they make diablo 3 for the 360....it will be the best diablo ever made....if not...it will be just another bad pc gameXbox360Gamer15

i dont get the controls...ive played a few pc games and the controls are hard since its hard to play and know what to press on the keyboard and the graphics of pc games suck....the only pc game i like even a little bit is battle dex...thats the only one i like....but its still inferior to the 360 all pc games are.

I normally would not bother with what you say but i got to correct you.

How can you not get the controls? can you type? if W is up and S is down how hard is that to figure out. Also the controller has limited buttons to press compared to all the buttons on a keyboard. Its also a proven fact that a mouse and keyboard is superior to a controller.

Also how do the graphics on pc suck? do you have a dell from the early 90s? If you played on a real gaming pc you would see that the 360 and PS3 can easily be outclassed in terms of graphics and frame rate.

Also this Battle Dex, what is this? It doesn't compare to anything and looks low end and very simple, but maybe its what you like.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6erk3ecYOwfor those of you do not know Battle Dex, look at this.

Your flat opinion that all pc games are inferior is insane. Some of the greatest titles ever are on the PC. Also the same games that you say are better on the 360 are also on the PC and with the proper pc look better.

Watch this video of Crysis maxed out on a powerful gaming pc from a game made exactly 2 years ago.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lE2qYJlBAjU&NR=1(make sure you put it on 720p hd)

EvilSelf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#34 EvilSelf
Member since 2010 • 3619 Posts

Actually sounds pretty intriguing. I have been playing Sacred 2, which is a Diablo rip off and to be honest it controls pretty good. I am actually addicted to it right now and will definitely purchase Diablo 3 if it comes to the XBOX. This is because right now, i adont have the finances to buy a new/upgrade old PC. Just for the protocol, i have never played a Diablo game, but most of my friends have so have heard nothing but good things about it.

Da_lil_PimP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Da_lil_PimP

[QUOTE="Xbox360Gamer15"][QUOTE="jjivey"]

jjivey

How can you not get the controls? can you type? if W is up and S is down how hard is that to figure out. Also the controller has limited buttons to press compared to all the buttons on a keyboard. Its also a proven fact that a mouse and keyboard is superior to a controller.

Also how do the graphics on pc suck? do you have a dell from the early 90s? If you played on a real gaming pc you would see that the 360 and PS3 can easily be outclassed in terms of graphics and frame rate.

Also this Battle Dex, what is this? It doesn't compare to anything and looks low end and very simple, but maybe its what you like.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6erk3ecYOwfor those of you do not know Battle Dex, look at this.

Your flat opinion that all pc games are inferior is insane. Some of the greatest titles ever are on the PC. Also the same games that you say are better on the 360 are also on the PC and with the proper pc look better.

Watch this video of Crysis maxed out on a powerful gaming pc from a game made exactly 2 years ago.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lE2qYJlBAjU&NR=1(make sure you put it on 720p hd)

Don't bother with this kid. He thinks that mods are a bad thing :roll:
Xbox360Gamer15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Xbox360Gamer15
[QUOTE="jjivey"]

i shall correct you...the 360 controller is better then a mouse and key board....the 360 controller is best.... i just dont like pc that much...no need to argue
erickb1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 erickb1983

PC port for consoles? and its a Diablo game? eh eh eh...not happening, sorry guys.Evolution-X0

Why wouldn't a hack and slash game not be able to be ported to the 360? I'd take analog controls over a mouse any day of the week. Its not like they haven't done it already with Diablo, now not with great success but I think its very viable expectally with online gaming taking off this Gen. Blizzard has already stated out of all there games Diablo would be the game to go to consoles because there are games that have been trying to copy it for years.

jjivey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 jjivey

[QUOTE="jjivey"]

[QUOTE="Xbox360Gamer15"] i dont get the controls...ive played a few pc games and the controls are hard since its hard to play and know what to press on the keyboard and the graphics of pc games suck....the only pc game i like even a little bit is battle dex...thats the only one i like....but its still inferior to the 360 all pc games are.Xbox360Gamer15

i shall correct you...the 360 controller is better then a mouse and key board....the 360 controller is best.... i just dont like pc that much...no need to argue

Yea your right no need to argue, your a moron. Just cause you think its best doesn't make it true.

EzekyleAbadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 EzekyleAbadon
Member since 2010 • 1391 Posts

Another thread ruined by the most epic troll in the known galaxy

erickb1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 erickb1983

jjivey

Yea your right no need to argue, your a moron. Just cause you think its best doesn't make it true.

Doesn't make it false either. It really depends on what game really for example a RTS game with a mouse is better now a FPS game and a controller is better its all what you prefer really.

Kurezan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Kurezan
Member since 2008 • 1850 Posts

I'd love to see a console Diablo!

Xbox360Gamer15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Xbox360Gamer15
[QUOTE="erickb1983"]

[QUOTE="jjivey"]

i shall correct you...the 360 controller is better then a mouse and key board....the 360 controller is best.... i just dont like pc that much...no need to argueXbox360Gamer15

Doesn't make it false either. It really depends on what game really for example a RTS game with a mouse is better now a FPS game and a controller is better its all what you prefer really.

i thing ruse and halo wars are cool rts'
erickb1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 erickb1983

[QUOTE="erickb1983"]

[QUOTE="jjivey"]

Xbox360Gamer15

What do you think about Diablo for the Xbox360 and why do you think that? I am starting to understand what everyone is talking about lol.

Xbox360Gamer15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Xbox360Gamer15
[QUOTE="erickb1983"]

What do you think about Diablo for the Xbox360 and why do you think that? I am starting to understand what everyone is talking about lol.

every one is getting mad at me because im saying diablo 3 will be best on the 360
The-Longshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#45 The-Longshot
Member since 2006 • 1321 Posts

I would reserve it and buy day one if we could be assured the control scheme would work. How sweet would that be!? There would be a lot more people to play with to.

I mean lets face it pc games are awesome but the same problem exists today as it always has with pc games. The almost constant cost of upgrades to play the latest games. Thats why WoW did as well as it did, because it could be played on a basic/simple home PC. You didn't need a custom gaming rig to play it decently. Don't get me wrong rigs are awesome and mine lasted about 2-3 good years but if you were developing a game and were told "yea theres about 15-20% (hypothetical but roughly estimated number) of the gaming public that will be able to purchase and play this game effectively if you release it on pcs," OR "about 50-65% of the gaming public would be interested and willing to buy if you could effectively adapt it to consoles" - which development path would you choose?

Long live PCs. But I hope they release the best titles for it for consoles too if possible.

erickb1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 erickb1983

[QUOTE="erickb1983"]

[QUOTE="Xbox360Gamer15"] i thing ruse and halo wars are cool rts'Xbox360Gamer15

every one is getting mad at me because im saying diablo 3 will be best on the 360

Judging from what I read from other people about what you said I don't think it was that. I didn't read or see any of your other posts so I don't have a problem with you. You gotta follow the forum guidelines you can't say PC sucks because its not a system wars forum its a Xbox 360 forum. (Now that I think about the earlier post and peoples problems with it) You will get the thread locked because it will start a PC discussion of why it don't sux or does sux. For me I don't mind if people go off topic as long as it keeps some direction towards the subject or if the new subject has more interests. Also I do see the problem with this thread I made as its probably more for a system wars forum talk. Hey first time I posted a subject so trial and error i guess.

Xbox360Gamer15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Xbox360Gamer15
[QUOTE="erickb1983"]

Judging from what I read from other people about what you said I don't think it was that. I didn't read or see any of your other posts so I don't have a problem with you. You gotta follow the forum guidelines you can't say PC sucks because its not a system wars forum its a Xbox 360 forum. (Now that I think about the earlier post and peoples problems with it) You will get the thread locked because it will start a PC discussion of why it don't sux or does sux. For me I don't mind if people go off topic as long as it keeps some direction towards the subject or if the new subject has more interests. Also I do see the problem with this thread I made as its probably more for a system wars forum talk. Hey first time I posted a subject so trial and error i guess.

when people are on the xbox 360 forum saying the pc is better makes me mad...i cant help but argue
Wakanoid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Wakanoid
[QUOTE="erickb1983"]

[QUOTE="Xbox360Gamer15"] every one is getting mad at me because im saying diablo 3 will be best on the 360Xbox360Gamer15

when people are on the xbox 360 forum saying the pc is better makes me mad...i cant help but argue

First of all, there is probably going to be some kind of minor nudity in it so you can't play. Second of all, have you even played Diabo before? Third of all there is no way that a controller is better than a PC and mouse. Please, tell me how it is so much better? The keyboard and mouse offers much more variety and oppurtunity. Also, people can easily say the PC is better on THIS topic because it's about a PC game. Anyway, please back up your statements. I guarantee Halo Wars would've been a lot better on the PC.
Wakanoid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Wakanoid

I would reserve it and buy day one if we could be assured the control scheme would work. How sweet would that be!? There would be a lot more people to play with to.

I mean lets face it pc games are awesome but the same problem exists today as it always has with pc games. The almost constant cost of upgrades to play the latest games. Thats why WoW did as well as it did, because it could be played on a basic/simple home PC. You didn't need a custom gaming rig to play it decently. Don't get me wrong rigs are awesome and mine lasted about 2-3 good years but if you were developing a game and were told "yea theres about 15-20% (hypothetical but roughly estimated number) of the gaming public that will be able to purchase and play this game effectively if you release it on pcs," OR "about 50-65% of the gaming public would be interested and willing to buy if you could effectively adapt it to consoles" - which development path would you choose?

Long live PCs. But I hope they release the best titles for it for consoles too if possible.

The-Longshot
It's pointless. I guess it could work on Xbox 360, but let's just leave a legendary game like this where it belongs. If they really focus on the 360, then that means less time for the PC version. That would be it wouldn't be as good as it COULD be. With a game like this, we want it to be as good as possible. I have been extremely hyped for this game for years. I am a big fan of the previous Diablos. But, if they don't focus on the 360 version, then you're going to be left with a crappy version of Diablo 3. Kind of like with Team Fortress 2 and Valve. The PC version is much more superior to the Xbox 360 version, making the Xbox version pretty crappy. Even Left 4 Dead is better on the PC. You can't deny that.
jjivey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 jjivey

[QUOTE="The-Longshot"]

Wakanoid

It's pointless. I guess it could work on Xbox 360, but let's just leave a legendary game like this where it belongs. If they really focus on the 360, then that means less time for the PC version. That would be it wouldn't be as good as it COULD be. With a game like this, we want it to be as good as possible. I have been extremely hyped for this game for years. I am a big fan of the previous Diablos. But, if they don't focus on the 360 version, then you're going to be left with a crappy version of Diablo 3. Kind of like with Team Fortress 2 and Valve. The PC version is much more superior to the Xbox 360 version, making the Xbox version pretty crappy. Even Left 4 Dead is better on the PC. You can't deny that.

I totally agree with you. As you know Diablo 1 was also released for the PS1. I played that to death on both PC and PS1 and both played nearly the same or at least i thought they did. Even if it does get released on 360 it will be a lot like Dragon Age in how the pc version was superior to the fact that the controller ran out of buttons. Since the controller cannot handle the buttons required to have a bar of skills it will be limited to having only 2-4 skills out at a time.