DEVIL MAY CRY 4 is the best this year;

• 75 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

obsolete2k1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 obsolete2k1
Member since 2007 • 990 Posts
I would agree that it is the best DMC this year. :)
doomsoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#52 doomsoth
Member since 2003 • 10094 Posts
The demo was alright, but the controls were a little too stiff. Then again, I think the controls for Ninja Gaiden were way too loose. I'll most likely still be getting it, when it's cheap, because I'm really sick of all of the FPS. IMO, there are much better games to be looking foward to: GTA IV, World in Conflict (I hope that the game is as great as the PC version because my PC sucks), Command and Conquer 3: KW, Supreme Commander (same comment), RE5, Soul Calibur 4, Halo Wars, Fallout 3 (if it comes out this year), etc.
OfficialBed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 OfficialBed
Member since 2005 • 17668 Posts

i heard the demo was garbage

1nverted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#54 1nverted
Member since 2006 • 1654 Posts
I have always hated DMC, yet I am a huge fan of Ninja Gaiden. After playing the DMC 4 demo and realising I still hate the series, i've put it down to the fact that Dante is a really bad character. Ryu has appeal because he doesn't really say anything and just wants to get the job done, whereas DMC has this over the top "Cool kids" which you can perform boast tricks with whilst spewing hilariously campy tough guy 1 liners.
doomsoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#55 doomsoth
Member since 2003 • 10094 Posts

[QUOTE="thakang"]DMC4 IS GONNA ROCK! It's gonna own NG2, Gears2, AND all other games coming besides SSBB ;Dcheames748

you actually are 12 years old arent you.

DMC4 = for kids. mainly emo kids.

And let me guess, by your post, you're 13? I know quiet a lot of friends who enjoyed the series on the PS2 and they are beyond the level of a high school student who classifies people based on what they play.

XFilthX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 XFilthX
Member since 2006 • 498 Posts

I have always hated DMC, yet I am a huge fan of Ninja Gaiden. After playing the DMC 4 demo and realising I still hate the series, i've put it down to the fact that Dante is a really bad character. Ryu has appeal because he doesn't really say anything and just wants to get the job done, whereas DMC has this over the top "Cool kids" which you can perform boast tricks with whilst spewing hilariously campy tough guy 1 liners.1nverted

I see your point.

Dante does act like a Ninja Turtle with all his showoff-y-ness and cheezy lines.

But from what I saw, Nero doesn't do too many, but I still love the gameplay.

Y2J1zzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Y2J1zzle
Member since 2007 • 135 Posts
Is this game really that bad? I was planning on buying it :(...
Childeater10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#58 Childeater10
Member since 2006 • 3027 Posts

it is a real game for real g amers;you can do what you want in this game;in the first and second missions you can creat your own moves and learn how to fight and make your enemies headless;the graphic is the best and you may say(:whooooooooooaaaaa) in the first look;the menu shows you and mention you whole thing about the game in the begining;

the music is huge and amazing;

yes friends,it is the best game this year;

pourya_ahmadian

Your on crack, there are far better games coming out this year then DMC. That game is trash imo.

solo4321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#59 solo4321
Member since 2006 • 3338 Posts
i remmeber everyone being excitd when the said its coming to the 360 and now people are bashing the game
Ironre5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Ironre5
Member since 2008 • 1164 Posts

I have always hated DMC, yet I am a huge fan of Ninja Gaiden. After playing the DMC 4 demo and realising I still hate the series, i've put it down to the fact that Dante is a really bad character. Ryu has appeal because he doesn't really say anything and just wants to get the job done, whereas DMC has this over the top "Cool kids" which you can perform boast tricks with whilst spewing hilariously campy tough guy 1 liners.1nverted

neros worst 1 liner in this game is 'Slam Dunk'...it sounds so kiddish, immature and really really old, sounds like something someone would say in the 60's...plus he says it every 2 seconds.....ninja gaiden 2 pwns it by a long shot...as did nija giaden 1

Ironre5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Ironre5

i remmeber everyone being excitd when the said its coming to the 360 and now people are bashing the gamesolo4321

people were only excited cos the ps3 lost an exclusive...all the ps3 fanboys were braggin abt this game, so it was like a nail in the coffin to the ps3

CoreoVII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#62 CoreoVII
Member since 2007 • 1838 Posts

You guys probaly just don't like it because you suck at it..Sourdog123

so true, so true

Ironre5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Ironre5

[QUOTE="Sourdog123"]You guys probaly just don't like it because you suck at it..CoreoVII

so true, so true

well considering that ninja gaiden is way way tougher, and considering that i beat that game on every difficulty setting, and also considering that i beat dmc with relative ease, and also considering that i think dmc 3 sucks, i think its pretty obvoiuos that we dont hate dmc cos we suck at it...

KGB32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 KGB32
Member since 2007 • 4279 Posts

NOOB sauce._Bear

can i have some of that sawwwce :)

Ket87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#65 Ket87
Member since 2007 • 3840 Posts
[QUOTE="CoreoVII"]

[QUOTE="Sourdog123"]You guys probaly just don't like it because you suck at it..Ironre5

so true, so true

well considering that ninja gaiden is way way tougher, and considering that i beat that game on every difficulty setting, and also considering that i beat dmc with relative ease, and also considering that i think dmc 3 sucks, i think its pretty obvoiuos that we dont hate dmc cos we suck at it...

Read the GameSpot review for DMC3 they pretty much come out and say it was the best game in the hack 'n slash genre and one if not the most difficult. That was after Ninja Gaiden. And this is a fairly old review back when GSpot had credible writers left. And the reviews for DMC4 say that 4 ends up being harder than 3 other than the new Easy mode which was essentially non-existent in the original DMC3 due to a bad decision in porting the game, Easy was removed from the US release and fixed in the Special Edition.

CoreoVII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 CoreoVII
Member since 2007 • 1838 Posts
[QUOTE="Ironre5"][QUOTE="CoreoVII"]

[QUOTE="Sourdog123"]You guys probaly just don't like it because you suck at it..Ket87

so true, so true

Read the GameSpot review for DMC3 they pretty much come out and say it was the best game in the hack 'n slash genre and one if not the most difficult. That was after Ninja Gaiden. And this is a fairly old review back when GSpot had credible writers left. And the reviews for DMC4 say that 4 ends up being harder than 3 other than the new Easy mode which was essentially non-existent in the original DMC3 due to a bad decision in porting the game, Easy was removed from the US release and fixed in the Special Edition.

So true so true

Avatar image for deactivated-5ff2948e24bd0
deactivated-5ff2948e24bd0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 deactivated-5ff2948e24bd0
Member since 2006 • 44 Posts
This is like going into an empty room and saying "I am the best person in this room" ...
msdd9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#68 msdd9
Member since 2007 • 2957 Posts
Calling it "best game of the year" is pretty bold considering it's February.
Hell_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Hell_Dude
Member since 2005 • 1215 Posts
yeeeaaah...you know that this is the begining of the 2nd month of the year?
KodaksPoptarTs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 KodaksPoptarTs
Member since 2007 • 218 Posts
i played the demo and i thought it was good
vhayste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#71 vhayste
Member since 2006 • 315 Posts
The game is great, no doubt. But to say that its the best game for 2008 is just a bit exagerrated. Of course, we don't know what's in store for us this year.
cheames748

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 cheames748
Member since 2007 • 667 Posts
[QUOTE="cheames748"]

[QUOTE="thakang"]DMC4 IS GONNA ROCK! It's gonna own NG2, Gears2, AND all other games coming besides SSBB ;Ddoomsoth

And let me guess, by your post, you're 13? I know quiet a lot of friends who enjoyed the series on the PS2 and they are beyond the level of a high school student who classifies people based on what they play.

no im 16. but DMC reminds me of the sort of game that I might have enjoyed about 5/6 years ago. people say halo is unrealistic? look at this? its a tough guy with an emo fringe! what is the world coming to?

thakang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 thakang
Member since 2003 • 119 Posts

[QUOTE="thakang"]DMC4 IS GONNA ROCK! It's gonna own NG2, Gears2, AND all other games coming besides SSBB ;Dcheames748

No I'm not damn asswhipe. Was it the way I wrote it? Lol I write that way because I'm not from the US, I'm actually 18 you nerd

MFDABADKID

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 MFDABADKID
Member since 2007 • 1144 Posts
Pretty sad that you think this is the best game of the year.
cheames748

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 cheames748
Member since 2007 • 667 Posts
[QUOTE="cheames748"]

[QUOTE="thakang"]DMC4 IS GONNA ROCK! It's gonna own NG2, Gears2, AND all other games coming besides SSBB ;Dthakang

No I'm not damn asswhipe. Was it the way I wrote it? Lol I write that way because I'm not from the US, I'm actually 18 you nerd

I am insulted that you would think that I am American. But still, DMC4 won't be better than Gear2, or all other games.