Devil May Cry 4 Demo- What do you think?

• 130 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

wittbolds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 wittbolds
Member since 2007 • 503 Posts

If this is what Devil May Cry is for 50% of the game I will probably not purchase it.

Reviews said the levels are all very much the same....kinda boring imo. Hopefully more guns will make me like it better>_< Demo just wasn't enough for me....hope this is a very very small taste of what's to come

HellRazer360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 HellRazer360
Member since 2006 • 2693 Posts
mine is almost done so i cant say yet but it looks repetitive..the story looks good though
ukillwegrill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 ukillwegrill
Member since 2007 • 3528 Posts

I should not have played the Demo - Capcom you may have lost a customer

The demo was terrible, AI terrible, Fighting slow and repetitive, scenery looked flat and un-involving and the actual content of the demo was poor (swinging around with a demon hand whoa cool.........)

HellRazer360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 HellRazer360

I should not have played the Demo - Capcom you may have lost a customer

The demo was terrible, AI terrible, Fighting slow and repetitive, scenery looked flat and un-involving and the actual content of the demo was poor (swinging around with a demon hand whoa cool.........)

ukillwegrill
ya..the fighting does look weak
wittbolds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 wittbolds
Assassin's Creed was/is a better game.
HellRazer360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 HellRazer360
Assassin's Creed was/is a better game.wittbolds
im gonna say right here and now...i loved assassins creed....
wittbolds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 wittbolds

[QUOTE="wittbolds"]Assassin's Creed was/is a better game.HellRazer360

I agree mate. Wasn't trying to diss Assassin's. But DMC1,2,3, were pretty good games, 4 isn't looking like it's livin up to its hype. Assassin's Creed, despite being repetetive, was very good.

HellRazer360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 HellRazer360

[QUOTE="HellRazer360"][QUOTE="wittbolds"]Assassin's Creed was/is a better game.wittbolds

I agree mate. Wasn't trying to diss Assassin's. But DMC1,2,3, were pretty good games, 4 isn't looking like it's livin up to its hype. Assassin's Creed, despite being repetetive, was very good.

:?.oh dont worry i know you werent dissing it..i was agreeing with you that i like assassins creed
Amata19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 Amata19
Member since 2006 • 208 Posts

I haven't actually played the demo.... but from the sound of things I'm not missing out on much.

OfficialBed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 OfficialBed
Member since 2005 • 17668 Posts
i'm thinking i don't want to even download it haha
grunt1096

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 grunt1096
Member since 2007 • 120769 Posts
Very boring. I'm not going to buy this game now. Amazing 3 demos in a row now have out me off from buying the full game. Turning Point, DMC4 and Turok.
yentar480

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 yentar480
Member since 2007 • 5066 Posts
this is dissapointing to hear after how great of games DMC and DMC3 were.
shadow022

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 shadow022
Member since 2005 • 1927 Posts
The demo was just like the past other DMC games. Hopefully they will make a little better.
Amata19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Amata19
Yeah let's hope that if it's as bad as you guys say, the actual game will be better.
HellRazer360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 HellRazer360
Very boring. I'm not going to buy this game now. Amazing 3 demos in a row now have out me off from buying the full game. Turning Point, DMC4 and Turok. grunt1096
:lol::lol::lol:..dude same here...first i was hypin turok since they first annonced it...oh man the jungle and shooting dinosaurs..my kinda game....but after reading the review...:|ya they lost my purchase...second dmc4 its just button mashing repetitive combat...ai is sorta dumb to...IMO...and lastly turning point looked really cool...i was thinking..oh man this sounds cool the nazis won world war 2 and i get to use experimental german waepons..cool...but after the demo:(..once again another lost purchase...thank god for demos otherwise i would have wasted my money:D
DarkMagic27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 DarkMagic27
Member since 2005 • 2342 Posts
i liked it.....it was a bit easy, but im pretty sure they stuck it on easy difficulty,probably why the AI doesnt do anything and you can take out the boss so soon...its a good demo though, cant wait for the real game
Avatar image for dragonslayerssj
dragonslayerssj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 dragonslayerssj
Member since 2003 • 1974 Posts

[QUOTE="grunt1096"]Very boring. I'm not going to buy this game now. Amazing 3 demos in a row now have out me off from buying the full game. Turning Point, DMC4 and Turok. HellRazer360
:lol::lol::lol:..dude same here...first i was hypin turok since they first annonced it...oh man the jungle and shooting dinosaurs..my kinda game....but after reading the review...:|ya they lost my purchase...second dmc4 its just button mashing repetitive combat...ai is sorta dumb to...IMO...and lastly turning point looked really cool...i was thinking..oh man this sounds cool the nazis won world war 2 and i get to use experimental german waepons..cool...but after the demo:(..once again another lost purchase...thank god for demos otherwise i would have wasted my money:D

Dude you really shouldnt base your purchase off a review... rent it for yourself then decide. Anyway back on topic I have ne ver played the DMC games but I am going to DL the demo and see how it is. So far everyone here hates it...

Amata19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Amata19
Reviews are helpful.. whenever I've bought a game without reading the review first it's always ended badly. Lol.
Cuben360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Cuben360
Member since 2005 • 280 Posts
what the hell? The visuals look sharp, the controls rocks and the game is just like the other devil may cry's. I cant wait to get this game.
xxmatt125xx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 xxmatt125xx
Member since 2005 • 1899 Posts
You guys do know the demo is on easy also its at the start of the game when you only have 1 weapon. Also try button mashing on a devil may cry game when its on hard you will die within seconds.
Kobewars87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Kobewars87
Member since 2007 • 321 Posts
i enjoyed the first two games but near the end of two sorta realized how much had not changed, other thant he story and the scenery. When three came out i rented it and after about 2 hrs of playing decided that it really wasn't worth it. They all seem exactly the same. I have never believed 4 would be any diffrent or would be this great success.
chex81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 61

#22 chex81
Member since 2004 • 3661 Posts

wow....im shocked...i would have thought everyone would love this game.

i havent played it yet, but was damn excited to...ill download it tonight.

Avatar image for portuguesebrand
portuguesebrand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 portuguesebrand
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
already pre-order this game at play.com! im not going to download the demo! every preview has been great and japanese FAMITSU REVIEW WAS 9/9/9/8 -35/40! this game is to be played in HARD MODE !and im sure is going to rock solid like the others DEVIL'S GAMES!
Fhiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 65

#24 Fhiz
Member since 2004 • 7718 Posts
The demo is great, everyone here is crazy. Flat visuals? HA. are you serious? are you playing on a tv from the 50s?
Chack1598

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Chack1598
Member since 2004 • 1351 Posts

what the hell? The visuals look sharp, the controls rocks and the game is just like the other devil may cry's. I cant wait to get this game.Cuben360

exactly what i thought

CoreoVII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#26 CoreoVII
Member since 2007 • 1838 Posts

You guys do know the demo is on easy also its at the start of the game when you only have 1 weapon. Also try button mashing on a devil may cry game when its on hard you will die within seconds.xxmatt125xx

Ah......took the words right out of my mouth. As a fan of the DMC series i know if the sequel will be a drag, and this demo proves thet DMc is headed in the right direction by a mile. It was an awesome demo for a demo anywayz. I dont need to justify why DMC 4 is amazing. if you where turned off by the demo something is wrong with you.

Plus...its a demo.

agentluap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 agentluap
Member since 2005 • 2254 Posts

I downloaded it and played it and can not wait for the full game. I think it looks great (considering it ment to be at 50%). But I hope the full game's more difficult as it seems really easy considering what DMC 3 was like.

But anyway this is the forth installment of my favourite game series and by coming to the 360 has saved me £350 as this game was the only reason I wanted a PS3.

fiercedeity901

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 fiercedeity901
Member since 2005 • 6291 Posts
the game is absolutely AMAZING...everything a DMC game should be, nero is tight as hell and can't wait to play as dante...TC and everyone else on here is probably a first time DMC player, yea i wouldn't expect u guys to like it...u have to play all of them i love the game and nothing was wrong with it...except i woulda liked more dialog from nero, used to dante talking all the time, cause dante is a talker...but badass talker the way things seem...this may be even greater than DMC1 & 3 combined 10/10 for the demo, great taste of what's to come
jmartin1016

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 jmartin1016
Member since 2003 • 1363 Posts
Tonight baby. I will have my Devil May Cry!!!
CoreoVII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 CoreoVII
to the 3 messages above-------------------You guys are so right
highvolts12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 highvolts12
Member since 2003 • 460 Posts
It's a great game, I think it's just that people who only have owned the xbox brand aren't used to this kind of game. It will be awesome the demo was really fun.
FREEKENERD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 FREEKENERD
Member since 2005 • 32 Posts
i was going to trade Assassin's Creed for it, but not now. Guess i'll have to wait for GTA IV.
portuguesebrand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 portuguesebrand
i enjoyed the first two games but near the end of two sorta realized how much had not changed, other thant he story and the scenery. When three came out i rented it and after about 2 hrs of playing decided that it really wasn't worth it. They all seem exactly the same. I have never believed 4 would be any diffrent or would be this great success.Kobewars87
THERE IS NOTHING TO CHANGE ON THE DEVIL MY CRY IP ! THE DEVIL MY CRY SERIES HAVE ALWAYS BEEN ABOUT GOOD BOSS FIGHTS! MASTER THE MOVES AND MASTER ALL DIFFICULTIES !AND AN APPEAL STORY! just like NINJA GAIDEN OR GOD OF WAR !! to truly enjoy this games all you need is those ingredients above!
portuguesebrand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 portuguesebrand
AND CAPCOM im waiting for the next ONIMUSHA game too! and give a word to FROM SOFTWARE to bring the NEW OTOGI! its about time !!im FULL OF SHOOTERS!
newfg311

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#35 newfg311
Member since 2003 • 816 Posts

i was going to trade Assassin's Creed for it, but not now. Guess i'll have to wait for GTA IV.FREEKENERD

I love how everyone says the gameplay is repetative in the demo (which I haven't got the chance to play yet), but then say they love Assassin's Creed which is THE MOST repetative game on the market...

venomdeo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#36 venomdeo
Member since 2003 • 615 Posts
I liked it so say what you want I'll probably rent not buy tho.
cosmicwave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#37 cosmicwave
Member since 2005 • 1237 Posts
one word "Awesome". it's a must buy for me. :)
DJTOMMY812

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 DJTOMMY812
Member since 2003 • 2003 Posts
its obvious most of the negative comments have never really played a single DMC before this one
Avatar image for deactivated-5b20ffab69a6e
deactivated-5b20ffab69a6e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 78

#39 deactivated-5b20ffab69a6e
Member since 2006 • 1311 Posts
So far the game looks pretty good, it's looks more better then the previous DMC games. Definitely getting this game.
swade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 swade
Member since 2003 • 1515 Posts

its obvious most of the negative comments have never really played a single DMC before this oneDJTOMMY812

I have negative comments because I have played other DMC games.... It's the exact same change things up.... GTA and MGS are doing it. This is becoming a boring franchise... Gamespot will give this a 7.0/10

Nuttly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Nuttly
Member since 2008 • 52 Posts
I will diffently purchase Devil May Cry 4 after playing the demo, I love it.
scotty992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#42 scotty992
Member since 2005 • 2388 Posts
Looks a bit boring for my liking.
wittbolds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 wittbolds

I've played all four..loved 1.2.3...not really feeling this devil arm crap

the gameis probably better full version, i'm going to give it another whirl and hope it spikes some interest. I on't like this crazy weather transition **** either....at one point ur in a nice fall landscape....next u open a door and ur in a blizzard? wtf? how about no scott

CoreoVII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 CoreoVII

I've played all four..loved 1.2.3...not really feeling this devil arm crap

the gameis probably better full version, i'm going to give it another whirl and hope it spikes some interest. I on't like this crazy weather transition **** either....at one point ur in a nice fall landscape....next u open a door and ur in a blizzard? wtf? how about no scott

wittbolds

I just realized that, You open the door and bam blizzard time lol but that of course is just because its a demo so no worries.

Ket87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Ket87
Member since 2007 • 3840 Posts

If this is what Devil May Cry is for 50% of the game I will probably not purchase it.

Reviews said the levels are all very much the same....kinda boring imo. Hopefully more guns will make me like it better>_< Demo just wasn't enough for me....hope this is a very very small taste of what's to come

wittbolds

Unless you have never played a Devil May Cry game what the hell did you expect?

RHCP87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 RHCP87
Member since 2007 • 1952 Posts
My only complaint was Capcom's signature **** up camera angles, everything else was good.
CoreoVII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 CoreoVII
The camera is fine to me, i just wish their was a harder difficulty for the demo lol
Talldude80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#48 Talldude80
Member since 2003 • 6321 Posts

i haven't played ANY of the DMC games, but i'm tempted to rent 1-3 for my ps2, then rent 4. But I have a question for you guys:

would the first 3 on my old ps2 just be anoying to play now that i have a 360? or is it worth it to understand the story before 4 comes out?

p.s. hey guys, from my experiences I'd say dont buy or not buy a game based off of a demo. sometimes a demo is great, but the full finished game is really shallow. A prime example is "heavenly sword" for the ps3. Usually a rental is a much better gauge of a game's replay value. after 5 days of a full game, you'll know if it's worth buying. 10 days+ on a partial game demo is not even close (most the time).

CoreoVII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 CoreoVII

i haven't played ANY of the DMC games, but i'm tempted to rent 1-3 for my ps2, then rent 4. But I have a question for you guys:

would the first 3 on my old ps2 just be anoying to play now that i have a 360? or is it worth it to understand the story before 4 comes out?

p.s. hey guys, from my experiences I'd say dont buy or not buy a game based off of a demo. sometimes a demo is great, but the full finished game is really shallow. A prime example is "heavenly sword" for the ps3. Usually a rental is a much better gauge of a game's replay value. after 5 days of a full game, you'll know if it's worth buying. 10 days+ on a partial game demo is not even close (most the time).

Talldude80

Tough one, ive played all of them and read all the novels between each game so theirs definitly tons ground already covered in the DMC world, but you should be alright with playin the 4th right off the bat. the time line goes like this. DMC 3,DMC novel 1, DMC1,DMC4,DMC novel 2,DMC2.

sainraja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 sainraja
Member since 2006 • 1956 Posts
The demo is on easy because they don't want to put off people by the difficulty.