DEMO disappointment.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

gamermanps2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 gamermanps2
Member since 2006 • 1220 Posts

BIONIC COMMANDO.

I don't know about you but I was getting quite hyped for the currently unstoppable CAPCOM's reinvention on the arcade classic so when I saw the words: "Get the demo." on Spotlight I jumped for joy. Jump jump.
So I go straight to the marketplace to download it. 'Multiplayer Demo?' I didn't even know it had multiplayer. Oh well it should still give a good idea of what the main attraction (the campaign) is like.

SHOCKING! Instead of the impressive free world action I had hoped for, I get put (after a long wait) into a 4 on 4 match in a small and poorly designed and rendered map as some sort of glowing character. The swinging was fun but the online combat was lame and the overall visuals were sub-par especially for Capcom. It seemed more like a really dodgy mod based on the engine of the awesome looking game we've seen in the previews.

It's probably too much to hope that they also release a single player demo. I just hope this disappointing demo doesn't put everyone off what could turn out to be a great single player experience.

DSandPSP_owner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 DSandPSP_owner
Member since 2005 • 259 Posts
i'm sorry your ego couldn't fit into the game but i had so much fun with that demo...i'm going to go preorder the game now...classic deathmatch action...gonna be playing that for years
lge777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 lge777
Member since 2003 • 2507 Posts

i'm sorry your ego couldn't fit into the game but i had so much fun with that demo...i'm going to go preorder the game now...classic deathmatch action...gonna be playing that for yearsDSandPSP_owner

WOW that was dirty.I glad that you had fun becuase i had nothing but problems so i deleted it and downloaded it again and after finnaly getting into a game, i thought the Demo was real bad,but then again it was just a DEMO the finished game for release could be 1000x better.

DSandPSP_owner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 DSandPSP_owner

it was terrible anyone wo buys that game is stupid

Supertramp20
people don't like what they don't understand...it took a while to get used to but it's great
c-train30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 c-train30
Member since 2005 • 40 Posts

Stupid? Have you played the single player at all? Just because the multiplayer demo is getting mixed reviews, doesn't mean the single player game will suffer as well. The game looks to be well built based on the game footage, but we won't know until we try it for ourselves. I am looking for a single player experience (not a multiplayer one), so I guess there is still hope in my case huh? For the record, you are entitled to your opinion, but to call potential buyers "stupid" based on a somewhat sub-par demo is well...stupid...

gamermanps2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 gamermanps2

Mixed reaction here.

Ego? ....Okay.

All I was saying is that the multiplayer clearly isn't the main attraction of the game, you could even say it's tacked on. So why release a multiplayer demo. The campaign looks really good and I would have loved a demo of that.

DSandPSP_owner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 DSandPSP_owner

Mixed reaction here.

Ego? ....Okay.

All I was saying is that the multiplayer clearly isn't the main attraction of the game, you could even say it's tacked on. So why release a multiplayer demo. The campaign looks really good and I would have loved a demo of that.

gamermanps2
i only say ego because fans always put themselves above the game...as if the developer owes something to each person...it is the job of the audience to appreciate the work...not the other way around....it takes time to understand the gameplay mechanics....i had so much fun...never got bored with that one map
eagles_band

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 eagles_band
Member since 2008 • 2969 Posts

LOL his ego is too big to enjoy the game? LOL It has nothing to do with ego, the game sucks, plain and simple.

Icemare13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#11 Icemare13
Member since 2008 • 43 Posts

I don't know why are you getting so upsep people, I liked the multiplayer experience even despite the connection problems.

Joss09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Joss09
Member since 2009 • 263 Posts

LOL his ego is too big to enjoy the game? LOL It has nothing to do with ego, the game sucks, plain and simple.

eagles_band

Ice it's because people like this who I've quoted have a reason to post.

Stryfe777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#13 Stryfe777
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

I was overjoyed also when I saw a demo of a game I've been waiting 20 years for...luckily there was no sharp objects handy and the fact I have a lot more to live for than BC coming out May 19th. Multi player looked solid, still a buy for me...

Avatar image for jamesallenyz431
jamesallenyz431

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#14 jamesallenyz431
Member since 2005 • 190 Posts

it was terrible anyone wo buys that game is stupid

Supertramp20
ur prolly gonna get a warning, i said something bad about this game and they deleted my post and i got a messege saying they took away points(wtf points on a forum?) someone running this forum gets butt hurt really easy
sensfanVone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15 sensfanVone
Member since 2006 • 1714 Posts

I didn't really like the multiplayer, kind of reminded me of Warhawk minus vehicles with the ability to use a grappling hook.

Garygok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#16 Garygok
Member since 2007 • 967 Posts
Yea multiplayer demos are useless to me. Most of the time I buy a game for the single player part of it. Because of this I was not convinced to buy it. I think I played one match then turned it off.
gamermanps2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 gamermanps2

[QUOTE="eagles_band"]

Joss09

Ice it's because people like this who I've quoted have a reason to post.

Lol, It's people like this that made me post the topic in the first place. I really think the campaign will be awesome but I think a lot of people will be put right off the game by this unpolished multiplayer demo.

Leejjohno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#18 Leejjohno
Member since 2005 • 13897 Posts

Well... according to my fair standards it was shockingly terrible, which is better than mostly bad but....

chip1289

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 chip1289
Member since 2005 • 270 Posts

i like you hated the demo. i wasnt looking forward to this game anyway so it stays on the skip pile

chex81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 61

#20 chex81
Member since 2004 • 3661 Posts

im content with the demo and super excited about the single player. buying day 1

gr8scott

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 gr8scott
Member since 2003 • 1008 Posts
The demo was ok. It took a while before I was able to get a match though. Still, I am buying Bionic Commando for the single player experience. The multiplayer is an addon. Multiplayer or no multiplayer, I was getting it for single player anyways. The original Bionic Commando on NES was superb and BC: Rearmed was incredible.
x2926014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#22 x2926014
Member since 2006 • 1372 Posts

Multiplayer sucked but i would buy this for single player!

vashkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 135

User Lists: 25

#23 vashkey
Member since 2005 • 33781 Posts
Free world? It's a demo for the multiplayer. You shouldn't judge the entire game off of a multiplayer demo. I'm certain the campaign will be entirely different. I thought the multiplayer demo was alright. I just didn't like how you couldnt party up, but I'm sure it'll be a different case in the full game.
vashkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 135

User Lists: 25

#24 vashkey
Member since 2005 • 33781 Posts

it is the job of the audience to appreciate the work...DSandPSP_owner
Not really. Nothing past paying for the product, anyway.

xxRJxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 xxRJxx
Member since 2006 • 107 Posts

for a little while i enjoyed spiderman...ing all over the place and sniping. then i got board