Def Jam Complainers........ Please Read

This topic is locked from further discussion.

CJMcDursty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 CJMcDursty
Member since 2005 • 506 Posts
i thought that the next generation of gaming was supposed to be about innovation, and creativity, as well as incredible graphics??  and it seems like this new edition of the Def Jam serious has gone to the limits to try and bring a true next gen experience. Even though the control scheme might be different at first, the idea of the DJ Control is so incredibly cool.  No other game has ever tried to pull of anything like that.  The graphics, IMO, are some of the best seen so far in the current batch of next gen game.   So if this is the case, why is everyone **** about this demo?????  For one, ITS A DEMO!!!!  everyone knows that demos arent finished product, so why does everyone think that this is how the final version is going to play??  and i will admit, i really loved FFNY and the Blazin moves, but come on people, this is the NEXT GENERATION in gaming!!!  Gamers scream that they want realistic games and graphics, but start complaining when you can't JUMP ROPE WITH AN OPPONENT IN THE DEF JAM GAMES ANYMORE????  Seriously, if you want all that in your games, stick with the regular Xbox.  And I also admit that EA is an evil empire, but i applaude them for putting out a fresh, new product, with intresting new ideas.   This is just my opinion, but all you bashers out there should wait before jumping to conclusions just because a demo wasn't up to your standards.  You might miss out on something great.
bjl1029

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 bjl1029
Member since 2006 • 410 Posts

Sounds like somebody got into their parents medacine cabinet

Avatar image for ColoradoKindBud
ColoradoKindBud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 ColoradoKindBud
Member since 2005 • 23882 Posts
I'm not bashing the game, (I've always adored the series), I just don't like the new play mechanics.  So I won't be picking this one up.  Doesn't mean it will be a bad game or anything, just means that I don't like the direction they've taken it in.  So sue me.
CJMcDursty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 CJMcDursty
im not getting on to anyone who is bashing it, i just want to know basically why people say they want next gen, but then all they do is complain.
MADVLAD123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#5 MADVLAD123
Member since 2005 • 6053 Posts
maybe they just don't like the game....not everyone needs to have the same opinion as you.
ryanjtravis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 ryanjtravis
Member since 2004 • 2095 Posts
I just finished playing the demo, and I thought it was pretty cool... I'm not a big "fighter" fan so I won't buy it, but I thought it was definitely innovative and I really liked the art direction in it. Good stuff.
Angarah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Angarah
Member since 2006 • 1281 Posts
Can I import rock? That is the deciding factor, I don't like all this poser gangsta stuff..
Avatar image for deactivated-5f20133fe9201
deactivated-5f20133fe9201

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#8 deactivated-5f20133fe9201
Member since 2006 • 1120 Posts
why the hell would u waste all that time typing like a page of stuff. i mean why do u want everyone to like the game, the game sucks big time, and it may be just a demo but the full version will still have a crap fighing system and werid jumping buildings
AlexRA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 AlexRA
Member since 2006 • 2004 Posts
im not getting on to anyone who is bashing it, i just want to know basically why people say they want next gen, but then all they do is complain.CJMcDursty
because the controls arnt all that
MrPostman4Chi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 MrPostman4Chi
Member since 2006 • 1219 Posts
[QUOTE="CJMcDursty"]im not getting on to anyone who is bashing it, i just want to know basically why people say they want next gen, but then all they do is complain.AlexRA
because the controls arnt all that

Yea i thought the same thing at first but i played it more and got used to everything and know how to do all the moves,the gameply is kinda slow but you get use to that too.So im gonna buy it.
HottAsFire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 HottAsFire
Member since 2004 • 766 Posts
i quite liked DJ FFNY  but this game is really really.... how shall i put this.... GAY The fighting is incredibly slow paced and all you get is a 3 minute beat down TI time, just blow up one of the gas pumps then throw him in the fire repeatedly, when u throw him in hold L and spin the recor a few times and everything blows up.

If u ask me its a good idea but poorly executed.  Graphics are nice, woopdeedoo.  The buildings jump, the gas pump REPEATEDLY blows up, the car wash hits u anytime u go near it, and the pissed off shop keep sprays u wit a hose.   Theres NO camera control, NO cool moves that we havent seen yet.  This game sucks more nuts then jenna jameson, the only difference is that people like it when she does it
MrPostman4Chi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 MrPostman4Chi
Member since 2006 • 1219 Posts
i quite liked DJ FFNY  but this game is really really.... how shall i put this.... GAY The fighting is incredibly slow paced and all you get is a 3 minute beat down TI time, just blow up one of the gas pumps then throw him in the fire repeatedly, when u throw him in hold L and spin the recor a few times and everything blows up.

If u ask me its a good idea but poorly executed.  Graphics are nice, woopdeedoo.  The buildings jump, the gas pump REPEATEDLY blows up, the car wash hits u anytime u go near it, and the pissed off shop keep sprays u wit a hose.   Theres NO camera control, NO cool moves that we havent seen yet.  This game sucks more nuts then jenna jameson, the only difference is that people like it when she does itHottAsFire
PERVERT
Avatar image for littlestreakier
littlestreakier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 littlestreakier
Member since 2004 • 2950 Posts
i haven't played it yet, i'll dl the demo sometime tomorrow.  i'm very glad EA tried to make it innovative with the DJ controls.  i always give game developers props for trying something new, weather is a hit or miss.  i'm just glad it won't be the exact same game with prettier graphics
TheAbstrakt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 TheAbstrakt
Member since 2006 • 1736 Posts
i loved Vendetta and FFNY(two of my favorite fighting games ever), but i dont like how the new guy is making this game turn out... the make your own soundtrack thing is cool but im not feeling the whole attack with the music thing. the graphics are pretty good though, they do a great job in making the characters look like their real life counterparts.
Army_Veteran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#15 Army_Veteran
Member since 2006 • 1201 Posts
It is a rental in my opionoin, not a purchase.
LuigiLogik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 LuigiLogik
Member since 2005 • 1320 Posts
I haven't tried it out yet but i did watch some video of it and i really hated the part were they would just stomp the ground and even if the other guys 20 ft away he falls to the ground like he got hit with a sledge hammer... seems like it would be frustrating... from what people are saying i probably wont like it... i'll go see if the downloads finished...
defkickjam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 defkickjam
Member since 2006 • 293 Posts
Yo guy almost every game that came on the xbox live market place for demo is jsut like the real prodouct when it comes out.So i dont no y u say its jsut a demo not finished cause u no thats how the game is going to be , slow paced, not fun to control and that turn table move anit the thing compared to special moves y got to do on DefJam Fisht for NY.
LuigiLogik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 LuigiLogik
Member since 2005 • 1320 Posts
Thats got to be the worst demo since Eragon.. and they pulled that ish off the marketplace.. it actually put me off the game..its a shame too.. the game has some original ideas too bad they aren't executed very well
CJMcDursty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 CJMcDursty

hey defkickjam, could you type all that again, i couldn't read your one whole sentence with half the words misspelled

el-cid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 el-cid
Member since 2005 • 531 Posts
I played the last two games a lot 4 on 4 was awsome!!! But this game is gayyyyyyy But ima grab a copy nevertheless.... I have a need for fightinggame. All I have is sf2 and i Hate doa I Hate doa I Hate doa I Hate doa I Hate doa I Hate doa I Hate doa I Hate doa I Hate doa I Hate doa I Hate doa I Hate doa I Hate doa I Hate doa I Hate doa I Hate doa I Hate doa I Hate doa I Hate doa I Hate doa I Hate doa I Hate doa I Hate doa I Hate doa I Hate doa I Hate doa I Hate doa I Hate doa I Hate doa I Hate doa I Hate doa I Hate doa I Hate doa I Hate doa I Hate doa I Hate doa I Hate doa I Hate doa I Hate doa I Hate doa I Hate doa I Hate doa I Hate doa I Hate doa I Hate doa I Hate doa I Hate doa I Hate doa I Hate doa I Hate doa I Hate doa I Hate doa I Hate doa I Hate doa I Hate doa I
jmartinez1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 jmartinez1983
Member since 2006 • 3949 Posts
i thought that the next generation of gaming was supposed to be about innovation, and creativity, as well as incredible graphics?? and it seems like this new edition of the Def Jam serious has gone to the limits to try and bring a true next gen experience. Even though the control scheme might be different at first, the idea of the DJ Control is so incredibly cool. No other game has ever tried to pull of anything like that. The graphics, IMO, are some of the best seen so far in the current batch of next gen game. So if this is the case, why is everyone **** about this demo????? For one, ITS A DEMO!!!! everyone knows that demos arent finished product, so why does everyone think that this is how the final version is going to play?? and i will admit, i really loved FFNY and the Blazin moves, but come on people, this is the NEXT GENERATION in gaming!!! Gamers scream that they want realistic games and graphics, but start complaining when you can't JUMP ROPE WITH AN OPPONENT IN THE DEF JAM GAMES ANYMORE???? Seriously, if you want all that in your games, stick with the regular Xbox. And I also admit that EA is an evil empire, but i applaude them for putting out a fresh, new product, with intresting new ideas. This is just my opinion, but all you bashers out there should wait before jumping to conclusions just because a demo wasn't up to your standards. You might miss out on something great. CJMcDursty
Breathe and settle down, spaz.
danneswegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 danneswegman
Member since 2005 • 12937 Posts
yes, i like new ways of gameplay.. but this is just ... too far fetched..
redrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#24 redrabbit
Member since 2005 • 136 Posts
I think that all of the Def Jam games have been good, people always judge the demos it's the whole point. When software companies release 'Beta' software it is there for people to judge and say what needs to be improved. Give them a break it is their opinion and that is yours, this is mine, get over it...