Dark Fantasy Co-op action game "Warhammer: Vermintide 2" releasing July 11/GamePass!

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

Wow I was not expecting it so soon, this summer is crazy.....Initially released in March for PC, the sequel to the awesome Warhammer Vermintide is confirmed for July 11 release, X-Enhanced(without HDR unfortunately, it seems).

The first melee-focused action game was one the best Co-op titles I played in years and I thought it distinguished itself well from all the other co-op stuff that is out there. The dark fantasy setting and the emphasis on melee weapons was cool. They are doubling down on these aspects in the sequel it seems, as the game was praised for its hard hitting combat and gorgeous visuals.....an excerpt from the IGN review(8):

"Warhammer Vermintide 2 is a beautifully dark game, and I’m in love with its hard-hitting, meaty melee weapons. It’s a gorgeous game with tons of fun play styles and customization options to uncover, even if most of the loot you earn for your efforts is a letdown. But thankfully you don’t need to pay much attention to it to simply enjoy the hack-n-slash, Left 4 Dead-inspired co-op fun of bashing hordes of rats and zombies to a pulp."

Edit: Further juicy details revealed by Eurogamer, it's apparently launching on Gamepass as well which is excellent news for this kind of online game:

"

Warhammer: Vermintide 2 will launch for Xbox One on 11th July, developer Fatshark has announced, with an Xbox Insider open beta available from today.

Vermintide 2 will also be an Xbox Game Pass game, so if you pay the £8 monthly sub, or regional equivalent, you'll be able to play the game from 11th July for free.

But what about PlayStation 4? "Yes, the PS4 version is coming," a Fatshark spokesperson told me this morning. "We don't have a date for it yet, but will communicate that soon. We don't expect it to be too far away, but we want to do one system at a time to be able to maintain the highest quality of the releases."

Vermintide 2 will be enhanced for Xbox One X and will support native 4K.

The Xbox One version will not support cross-platform multiplayer with PC, because the PC game uses Steam multiplayer lobbies and they aren't compatible. Fatshark said this on Twitter.

There will be Mixer integration on Xbox One whereby viewers can participate by voting on things, but I'm not sure exactly what."

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018-06-21-warhammer-vermintide-2-gets-imminent-xbox-one-release-date-and-open-beta

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#2  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44564 Posts

From what I played of first game, a solid experience, the XB1X update for original game was decent too, so excited to see what they'll pull of developing this for the X versus a patch post-release.

First game's combat is pretty solid. I keep thinking about it whenever I play Sea of Thieves wishing the sword play could be as responsive on that.

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Alucard_Prime

@lamprey263: Yeah I would love that if the combat gameplay in SOT was similar to this

BigBadBully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4  Edited By BigBadBully
Member since 2006 • 2367 Posts

Just purchased the game, great price point for the game at $30. The amount of classes and weapons/loot is pretty deep. Combat and melee is so satisfying along with each classes special ablities and ranged secondary weapoms.

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Alucard_Prime

@BigBadBully: yeah such a great game, I'm enjoying it more than the first....the extra class variants are great additions and encourage experimentation.