Concerned About my New 360 Slim :(

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ctg23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 ctg23
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
having finally jumped on board and got a 360 S 4 GB. now ive had it 2 days and im a bit worried about the noises its making. its making that sound most cd players/ games consoles make when it struggles reading the cd information. i have 3 titles at the minute, deadspace 2, gears of war 2, kinect adventures. now deadspace and kinect seem to work fine with no problems play wise, but gears really struggles to initially load up. i have to eject the game about 5+ times before it reads it properly and plays, and even then sometimes throughout play the message pops up saying error cannot read disc, please eject and clean. also throughout the whole time im playing gears its making that clicking noise. it also makes these noises whilst playing deadspace, but so far hasnt had any actual problems playing/ reading the disc. kinect game has been fine, but what i have noticed regarding loading gears is that if i play another game for say 10mins then eject and put gears in to play, it will oftern load first time. but still with clicking. should i be worried about my console, or my game???
JopaGeri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 JopaGeri
Member since 2004 • 538 Posts

If your games are in good condition then I would say bring the console back and get a new one if the problems persist then it might be your games.

I just got a 250GB slim and I tried to play GTA IV, the disc is scratched and did not work on my old xbox and sure enough it didn't work on my new one either.

sizzlingdviper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 sizzlingdviper
Member since 2004 • 1818 Posts

Definately check your game disc surfaces,too many scratches and you will get the problems you are talking about.But if they're fine,then I'd take your 360 back to shop you bought it from.

ctg23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 ctg23
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
everything is brand new, only arrived a few days ago and started using it yesterday. gears cd looks in mint condition (which it should be) .played deadspace again for a few hours with no problem and no sounds so still a little confuddled on what to do. will probably ring amazon tomorrow and see where i stand to return the xbox.
k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#5 k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts
defective disc maybe try that because you said 2/3 work flawless but the gears is causing the issue, return the gears 2 get gears 3
Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#6 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts
I don't know about you but the slim runs so much hotter than the older models lol. Which I find weird since it has a fan right next to the vent on top. That's my only concern.
mrsniper83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 114

#7 mrsniper83
Member since 2009 • 1552 Posts
I had the same problem, I sent it in for repairs and now it works fine.
ZamboniGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 ZamboniGamer
Member since 2011 • 530 Posts

I also had issues with my slim I bought last week. I purchased the Gears system and was not impressed. First off, the darn psu was louder than my Resident Evil system. I realize there are fans in the psu, but couldn't justify having a system where the power supply is louder than the system. Also, the actual system had a slight humming noise, which I believe is normal but never heard with my old elite. So with that said I returned the Gears system and am back to my trusty Resident Evil system. It feels like I have read more negative than positive comments/reviews about the slim.

JopaGeri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 JopaGeri
Member since 2004 • 538 Posts

I also had issues with my slim I bought last week. I purchased the Gears system and was not impressed. First off, the darn psu was louder than my Resident Evil system. I realize there are fans in the psu, but couldn't justify having a system where the power supply is louder than the system. Also, the actual system had a slight humming noise, which I believe is normal but never heard with my old elite. So with that said I returned the Gears system and am back to my trusty Resident Evil system. It feels like I have read more negative than positive comments/reviews about the slim.

ZamboniGamer

I have read more negative than positive comments about every xbox model lol

ZamboniGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 ZamboniGamer
Member since 2011 • 530 Posts

[QUOTE="ZamboniGamer"]

JopaGeri

I have read more negative than positive comments about every xbox model lol

:D. It felt like a step backwards with the slim.

skooks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 skooks
Member since 2006 • 1411 Posts

I had the exact same problem with my first slim and in the end it stopped reading discs altogether. It's not the discs, it's the system. Sounds like you need to get it fixed.

ZombieKiller7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 ZombieKiller7
Member since 2011 • 6463 Posts
- 360 hardware is known to be crappy - Make sure you get a hard drive, so you can install games and avoid using the DVD, prolongs the life of the system - Keep sides and back clear on your 360, don't crowd it - Don't put it on carpet - Lay it flat, don't move it or it will scratch up the disk
tommiesten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 tommiesten
Member since 2011 • 34 Posts

i had the same problem with my first xbox, are you standing it up? even though you can do this, dont! it seems to scratch the disks, also never put it on carpet or take anything that may be weighing it down off the xbox such as large amount of games