CoD World at War: Why Do Some People Say It Itsn't Worth Buying?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

hobo154ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 hobo154ever
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

I am thinking about buying CoD World at War. I played the Beta and it seemed great, but some people say that Treyarch made another horrible game. Can someone tell me what are the bad game features that made people say that it is not a good game?

Avatar image for deactivated-57af49c27f4e8
deactivated-57af49c27f4e8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#2 deactivated-57af49c27f4e8
Member since 2005 • 14149 Posts
it owns. all the people who say it's bad are clueless. it's the best ww2 game i've played.
chaoz-king

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 chaoz-king
Member since 2005 • 5956 Posts
It's not bad. Because its just a reskined version of CoD4. It's just not fresh. I have played CoD4 for so long it got old, same with WW2 put that together and you have one really bland game. I'll just wait for six. By then I am sure I'll want another cod.
vendettared468

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 vendettared468
Member since 2006 • 4437 Posts
The only thing that i didn't like about it was the dogs. Other than that it was pretty good. But like the guy above me said, it isn't unique enough for me to buy it.
dylanmcc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 dylanmcc
Member since 2008 • 2512 Posts
It's not bad. Because its just a reskined version of CoD4. It's just not fresh. I have played CoD4 for so long it got old, same with WW2 put that together and you have one really bland game. I'll just wait for six. By then I am sure I'll want another cod.chaoz-king
So for someone that hasn't played Cod4 would Cod5 be really good?
Avatar image for AnotherMulligan
AnotherMulligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 AnotherMulligan
Member since 2008 • 237 Posts
i've got to be honest, i played cod4 to my 6th prestige, and i like World at War better multiplayer wise. single player really depends on preference, but as for multiplayer, it's more balanced with weapons and classes. there no longer are super weapons like the M16 or AK that can kill everything in an instant, the perks are more balanced so if you get read of stopping power for slight of hand, your power reduction is noticible. if you didn't like cod4, don't bother getting it, but honestly i think it's superior.
Avatar image for AnotherMulligan
AnotherMulligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 AnotherMulligan
Member since 2008 • 237 Posts
[QUOTE="AnotherMulligan"]i've got to be honest, i played cod4 to my 6th prestige, and i like World at War better multiplayer wise. single player really depends on preference, but as for multiplayer, it's more balanced with weapons and classes. there no longer are super weapons like the M16 or AK that can kill everything in an instant, the perks are more balanced so if you get read of stopping power for slight of hand, your power reduction is noticible. if you didn't like cod4, don't bother getting it, but honestly i think it's superior.Vuurk
This is nice to hear as I'm planning on getting CoD 5 for xmas and am looking forward to it!

it takes a bit of time to get used to the new stuff, but man, is it fun. don't give up on it too quickly!
MaddenBowler10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

User Lists: 1

#9 MaddenBowler10
Member since 2005 • 8999 Posts
the game is so awesome, i dont care that they are using the COD4 engine and it's not really their "engine" but really it doesn't matter, it's a great game, the campaign is awesome and there's the unlockable zombie mode. u can play up to 4 players coop too on the campaign on Xbox live. the multiplayer is good too and there's alot more enjoyable guns to use in my opinion.
Th3-UnS33n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Th3-UnS33n
Member since 2008 • 391 Posts
COD4 guns were very balanced in my opinion. The M16 took skill to use, and the AK wasn't anything special.
deesterdee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 deesterdee
Member since 2008 • 96 Posts
It's not bad. Because its just a reskined version of CoD4. It's just not fresh. I have played CoD4 for so long it got old, same with WW2 put that together and you have one really bland game. I'll just wait for six. By then I am sure I'll want another cod.chaoz-king
it is not a reskined version it has co op and that alone makes it worth the price there are many small things they did but the coop is what really pushes it out front buy the game you will not regret it
nate_c-12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 nate_c-12
Member since 2008 • 3072 Posts
Is their a split screen co-op option for CoD 5? That is one thing that drove me crazy about CoD4, how they didn't have that option.Vuurk
yes but its only 2 player split screen, but there is 4 player co op.
armyman455

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#14 armyman455
Member since 2008 • 914 Posts
(keep in mind ive only played a very little of it because ive only played it at my friends house and i played on the beta buuuuut) i think its the best WWII game ive played to date and ive played like almost all of the ones that where worth anything (and allot that werent worth anything) but the reason people complain is because WWII has just been overused and they shoulda have stuck with modern or future but either way i still enjoyed it from a shooter standpoint and its worth a go round
armyman455

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#15 armyman455
Member since 2008 • 914 Posts
[QUOTE="Vuurk"][QUOTE="AnotherMulligan"]i've got to be honest, i played cod4 to my 6th prestige, and i like World at War better multiplayer wise. single player really depends on preference, but as for multiplayer, it's more balanced with weapons and classes. there no longer are super weapons like the M16 or AK that can kill everything in an instant, the perks are more balanced so if you get read of stopping power for slight of hand, your power reduction is noticible. if you didn't like cod4, don't bother getting it, but honestly i think it's superior.AnotherMulligan
This is nice to hear as I'm planning on getting CoD 5 for xmas and am looking forward to it!

it takes a bit of time to get used to the new stuff, but man, is it fun. don't give up on it too quickly!

i totally agreed now imagine if these mechanics only in a non WWII setting that would be the perfect game for me
Avatar image for deactivated-5b31d3729c1fa
deactivated-5b31d3729c1fa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#17 deactivated-5b31d3729c1fa
Member since 2007 • 11536 Posts
i love it!
k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#18 k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts
i wouldnt say its bad game to me like cod4 cod5 dont have that fast paste feeling to it most people enjoyed
OfficialBed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 OfficialBed
Member since 2005 • 17668 Posts

I am thinking about buying CoD World at War. I played the Beta and it seemed great, but some people say that Treyarch made another horrible game. Can someone tell me what are the bad game features that made people say that it is not a good game?

hobo154ever

they said that because it's their opinion....some people like it, others don't

Jimi_13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#20 Jimi_13
Member since 2004 • 56 Posts
I don't think it's worth buying because the buildings don't blow up and stuff, otherwise it's descent, but not worth the 70 bucks after tax, I mean that's like time and a half, So In Conclusion, It would be worth 30 bucks
Blacklight2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#21 Blacklight2
Member since 2007 • 1212 Posts
Call of Duty: World at War is by far the best WWII shooter i've played and i've played alot, it's multiplayer is still great, the only thing i don't like about it is the weapons suck until about level 25.
delta4062

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 delta4062
Member since 2007 • 895 Posts
I don't think it's worth buying because the buildings don't blow up and stuff, otherwise it's descent, but not worth the 70 bucks after tax, I mean that's like time and a half, So In Conclusion, It would be worth 30 bucksJimi_13
this is call of duty not mercenaries