• 84 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

LinkoRob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 LinkoRob
Member since 2008 • 62 Posts

Not so much cocky, but is anyone else tired of "elite" gamers, people who put others down while playing a video game as a form of escapism and a place to chill? isn't that why we game in the first place, to get away from bullies like these?

Legendaryscmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Legendaryscmt
Member since 2005 • 12532 Posts
Depends. However, it's worth it when you're putting down that little kid in Halo 3 who won't shut up when his mic is on echo.
Avatar image for deactivated-5de2fb6a3a711
deactivated-5de2fb6a3a711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#3 deactivated-5de2fb6a3a711
Member since 2004 • 13995 Posts
it only makes it more satisfying when you kick their ass. that's why you never give it up and never let down. in all seriousness, I think the fact that you're not actually playing in person makes this behavior easier to do seeing that you might have to travel hundreds of thousands of miles just to sack an annoying player in their face.
LinkoRob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 LinkoRob
Member since 2008 • 62 Posts

i know exactly what you're both saying

Louis-D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Louis-D
Member since 2006 • 1867 Posts

Yeah, that's annoying. It's one of the downsides to playing online.

I also hate it when people make excuses every time they get killed.

Avatar image for Morning_Revival
Morning_Revival

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Morning_Revival
Member since 2008 • 3475 Posts
Eh, I dont really care what people think about the games I play and Im always in parties while playing online even if we're in the same room so I dont have to hear the other people.
Heat_Guy_D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Heat_Guy_D
Member since 2005 • 5534 Posts

Louis-D
Lol yeah, just today some guy on L4D was saying how his gun wouldn't fire. I do not care for these fools who trash talk, that's why I mute and bad feedback.
Zach68486

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#8 Zach68486
Member since 2008 • 884 Posts
I can't stand that either. People who make fun or complain at people. Just have fun and play the game.
TheCaveRat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#9 TheCaveRat
Member since 2006 • 3672 Posts
Cocky gamers are the worst. They make the game not fun for everyone else. Me and mny friend usually try to annoy them back by yelling things at them which pisses them off most the time, which is funny to me. But when they are your own teammates, thats the worst. Thats when I don't even try to win. Games are meant to be played to have fun, not to win every single game. Go play MLG with that attitude.
Avatar image for Morning_Revival
Morning_Revival

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Morning_Revival
Member since 2008 • 3475 Posts
Cocky gamers are the worst. They make the game not fun for everyone else. Me and mny friend usually try to annoy them back by yelling things at them which pisses them off most the time, which is funny to me.TheCaveRat
Youre as bad as cocky gamers if you cant just mute them and instead yell moronic insults at them.
Louis-D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Louis-D
Member since 2006 • 1867 Posts
[QUOTE="Louis-D"]

Swannzie

Lol yeah, just today some guy on L4D was saying how his gun wouldn't fire. I do not care for these fools who trash talk, that's why I mute and bad feedback.

Tell me about it. I have a friend who literally never admits he's been killed. There's just an excuses every time

"Awww, I accidentally sat on the remote which changed channel"

"This game is so laggy, my gun just froze"

"I wasn't even holding the controller"

penpusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12 penpusher
Member since 2004 • 3573 Posts

I think every fun loving person on this forum knows exactly what your talking about

I personally try and ignore them mosta the time, and if they get really over the top i just mute them but there are some who you just have to tell to shut up and see how they like taking crap, like the ones who try and take command ofthe team instead of working with them ordering everyone about or deliberatly blocking your shots cause they dont like you or sumin, those people need to be told where to shove it but mosta the time just muting them is the best solution

or give them crap, then mute them immidiatly to deprive them of the ability to repspond

DoMiNiC147

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#13 DoMiNiC147
Member since 2008 • 984 Posts
I hate it my step-brothers like that. He'll get 1 kill over me and rub it in my face for hours.
Darkslayer16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Darkslayer16
Member since 2006 • 3619 Posts
Cocky gamers are the worst. They make the game not fun for everyone else. Me and mny friend usually try to annoy them back by yelling things at them which pisses them off most the time, which is funny to me. But when they are your own teammates, thats the worst. Thats when I don't even try to win. Games are meant to be played to have fun, not to win every single game. Go play MLG with that attitude.TheCaveRat

People like you are why online sucks most the time..
EnderSR388

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15 EnderSR388
Member since 2004 • 6552 Posts

I think the fact that you're not actually playing in person makes this behavior easier to do seeing that you might have to travel hundreds of thousands of miles just to sack an annoying player in their face.bulletsword

This is something that I picked up off Gamespot a long time ago and it visually describes what you just said. (it's been edited, but you get the general idea)

GIDT

d-high29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 d-high29
Member since 2008 • 332 Posts
Eh, I dont really care what people think about the games I play and Im always in parties while playing online even if we're in the same room so I dont have to hear the other people.Morning_Revival
ya im usually always in parties so i dont hear them
brandontwb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 brandontwb
Member since 2008 • 4325 Posts
Yes, I'm tired of those cocky people who all have that same type of attitude in their voice and criticize everyone and are loud and whatever. People get too confident online and only make jokes about other people to look better, most of us just hate them. Act nice and make a good community people!
i-rock-socks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 i-rock-socks
Member since 2007 • 3826 Posts

if im playin cod4 and i go 34/4 on TDM and we lose cause my teams 2nd place is 8/20

i have a right to be pissed

Jdon2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Jdon2008
Member since 2008 • 465 Posts

if im playin cod4 and i go 34/4 on TDM and we lose cause my teams 2nd place is 8/20

i-rock-socks

not really its just a game, and even know they did bad they are there for fun as well. My cousin is not very good at COD 4, and we lose often but i could care less.

SexyPorkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 SexyPorkins
Member since 2007 • 1222 Posts
Depends. However, it's worth it when you're putting down that little kid in Halo 3 who won't shut up when his mic is on echo.Legendaryscmt
I agree. And when I hear a mic echo or breathing a piece of me dies...
lavatruck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 lavatruck
Member since 2003 • 367 Posts
The one thing I hate the most is people saying the word "scrub"
Was there a memo sent out to every xbox live user to say "scrub" that I didnt get?
DukeEdwardI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 DukeEdwardI
Member since 2005 • 498 Posts

it's even worse when they come into forums and say crap like "i beat this game in 4 hours and i wasn't even trying." then when somebody else comes along and says that it took them 6 hours, the elite bastard will say cheap shot this guy later in the thread with something like "6 hours? wow you suck."

but it's more annoying online, yes.

i-rock-socks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 i-rock-socks
[QUOTE="i-rock-socks"]

Jdon2008

not really its just a game, and even know they did bad they are there for fun as well. My cousin is not very good at COD 4, and we lose often but i could care less.

well thats easy for you to say as someone on the "noob" side

and dont give me that 'its just a game" crap

i bet 4 outta ever 5 of you people that say its just a game are the same people that are screamin and start yellin whenever their fav or most hated sports teams loses/wins or w/e.

people have been known to riot in the streets if their teams win or lose, and THEIR NOT EVEN PLAYING.

i got a solution, if you only care about the fun factor, change ur privacy options to mute all, problem solved.

and you dont care if you win or lose? well i obviously do, you think i care if you dont care? why did you even say that?

"YOU LOST US THE GAME"

"i dont care"

"oh, its fine then"

Jdon2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Jdon2008
Member since 2008 • 465 Posts
[QUOTE="Jdon2008"][QUOTE="i-rock-socks"]

i-rock-socks

i bet 4 outta ever 5 of you people that say its just a game are the same people that are screamin and start yellin whenever their fav or most hated sports teams loses/wins or w/e.

people have been known to riot in the streets if their teams win or lose, and THEIR NOT EVEN PLAYING.

i got a solution, if you only care about the fun factor, change ur privacy options to mute all, problem solved.

and you dont care if you win or lose? well i obviously do, you think i care if you dont care? why did you even say that?

"YOU LOST US THE GAME"

"i dont care"

"oh, its fine then"

yeah your right dude sorry. People that have fun with games but are not very good should stop playing them, so they dont lose the game for you.

craigalan23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 craigalan23
Member since 2006 • 15879 Posts
I don't play video games to escape bullies.. I play them for fun. I'm slightly cocky on TF2 but just my abilities i've never been mean to anyone. I've played the game so much that it's never very hard for me to beat people and i just say "well this is rather easy." Though obviously there's good players that are a challenge or beat me i don't think i'm the best player ever.
i-rock-socks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 i-rock-socks
[QUOTE="i-rock-socks"][QUOTE="Jdon2008"]

Jdon2008

"YOU LOST US THE GAME"

"i dont care"

"oh, its fine then"

yeah your right dude sorry. People that have fun with games but are not very good should stop playing them, so they dont lose the game for you.

EXACTLY

edit: oh and just incase you were being sarcastic

"you know what ur right, why dont we just take ranking and scores and throw it out the window, we dont want anyone to feel bad for doing poorly, and why stop there. lets give the boot to the grade system in schools, those damn cocky parents always yellin at their kids for gettin straight F's. and this whole salary thing is ridiculous, making 45k a year and then i get home to my cocky wife who just starts yellin and screamin about how i dont make enuff. we should revert to a barter system so that people that dont care that their only making 45K dont get hasseled by the cocky credit card companies and the cocky IRS"

naruto7777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 naruto7777
Member since 2007 • 8059 Posts
just mute the no lifers
i-rock-socks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 i-rock-socks

its pretty easy to say its just a game when ur in last place every time

i agree its just a game, but some people care if they win or lose.

some poeple care who gets voted off american idel, some people care what happens to the stock maket. you may think "its just a tv show" or "its just money"

but its what they care about.

you hate cocky gamers, i hate people who suck, we both just gotta learn to deal.

by the why im not saying this cause i explode at people who suck, im just informing you why people do, oh sure i get pissed, but i rarely play with my mic on.

J_McSpank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 J_McSpank
Member since 2008 • 26 Posts

i admit im a very aggressive gamer but i dont brag or put others down

the worst i do is growl when i die/lose and i try not too do it into the mic!

Cocky gamers are usually just trying too win your praise/respect

iam2green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 iam2green
Member since 2007 • 13991 Posts
i don't care about losing, I'm horrible. i do agree, people need to relax when playing i hate hearing some 12 year old talking crap about how good they are and swearing their ars off.
R7_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 R7_3
Member since 2006 • 1565 Posts
i don't like when i'm being called a noob by my own teammate on Halo 3 when i'm the one with the most kills, and he's the one with the least. People like that should get their accounts erased
Tikicobra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#32 Tikicobra
Member since 2009 • 2058 Posts
My idea of a cocky gamer is the kind who goes on forums and says he's selling his game because it's too easy, or that he beat Fable II 100% in an hour without even trying.
Zach68486

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#33 Zach68486
Member since 2008 • 884 Posts
Wow, people get really heated over this crap. I agree with the so-called "noob" side...as most of these "omg 1337" guys would call us. Yes, we're noobs because we like to have fun and enjoy our games, and we don't get upset because someone 'loses' the game for us. It's a videogame, guys. It's for fun. Ranking and scores may earn you new things or just bragging rights in games, but does it help you in real life? No, so shut up about it. If you think you're hardcore, go MLG. Other then that? Shut the hell up and let people play the game the way that it's meant to be played, FOR FUN. I HATE it when people complain about "OMG mi team sux"...big whoop? Leave the game, or shut the hell up.
podliver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 podliver
Member since 2007 • 1765 Posts
That's why I avoid buying games that depend solely on online multiplayer. Every once in awhile I'll play online, but for the most part it's more "fun" to play by myself.
ROBBYBEAR1985

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#35 ROBBYBEAR1985
Member since 2008 • 564 Posts

From on of my Far Cry online games back in the day "Oh yeah Mutha F*****, I'm kiilling your ......." the silence comes in after a blew that piece of craps head off. idiot didn't kill me once in the whole 20 minute game and I never talk crap. He also said a bunch or racist crapagainstblacks and he sounded white. I hate gamers like that.

That being said I would GTAIV is the worst for this type ofbehavior.

xfactor19990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#36 xfactor19990
Member since 2004 • 10917 Posts

Louis-D
exCTLY! haha
LordGamer0001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#37 LordGamer0001
Member since 2004 • 8752 Posts
cocky gamers dont get on my nerves too much. i usually am a better gamer so i make them quiet pretty quickly. but once incident i was in a room where a man in his mid thirties who also happened to be in the marines was trash talking other kids. and i dont mean he was cocky, it was just vulgar things that shouldnt be said. that was the saddest gaming night of my life. im all for the competitive jawwing, but not the pointless cursing.
ROBBYBEAR1985

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#38 ROBBYBEAR1985
Member since 2008 • 564 Posts

When is the fad of being an A-hole and calling people "Noobs" going to pass anyway?

By the way this is just one more reason more attractive girls don't game.

angryfodder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#40 angryfodder
Member since 2007 • 20490 Posts

I play with a clan, we play alot of FPS games and we are used to talking on the mic. Giving out information to enemy positions as we see them, working as a group etc

This mentality kinda sticks with you and I do it when I am playing outside of clan games. It doesn't go down well though. I get told to STFU all the time, told that "its just a game" etc etc

Its not like i have a go at people that suck - if anything I am trying to help them.

They never see it like that though.

wavey_gravey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#41 wavey_gravey
Member since 2007 • 11155 Posts
I can't stand that either. People who make fun or complain at people. Just have fun and play the game.Zach68486
Same here!
wavey_gravey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 wavey_gravey
[QUOTE="i-rock-socks"][QUOTE="Jdon2008"][QUOTE="i-rock-socks"]

"YOU LOST US THE GAME"

"i dont care"

"oh, its fine then"

I sense a lot of anger here! I would have a break for a while!
wavey_gravey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 wavey_gravey
[QUOTE="angryfodder"]

I play with a clan, we play alot of FPS games and we are used to talking on the mic. Giving out information to enemy positions as we see them, working as a group etc

This mentality kinda sticks with you and I do it when I am playing outside of clan games. It doesn't go down well though. I get told to STFU all the time, told that "its just a game" etc etc

Its not like i have a go at people that suck - if anything I am trying to help them.

They never see it like that though.

I wouldn't mind that - in fact I would appreciate the help! :)
ShadowsRunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 ShadowsRunner
Member since 2006 • 742 Posts
the mute button will always be your best friend in these situation. lol. it works wonder against those cocky gamers
spendinbig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 spendinbig
Member since 2004 • 698 Posts
Meh, they are just upset because they have little dinks.
donmega1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 donmega1
Member since 2003 • 1456 Posts
why are these anonymous idiots getting you down? its trash talk. and it seems to be working. ( assuming that he still manages to blow your ass away) let me tell you what to do...get a sniper rifle. find a good place to hide. and hunt that fool down!
Maqda7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#49 Maqda7
Member since 2008 • 3299 Posts
If that gamer is on the other team, I try to pwn him. But if that gamer is on my team I try to work with him. But I truely can't stand if a cocky gamer belittles me because I get 2 or 3 kills fewer than him, I just mute him and avoid.