class action may be needed.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

akuma303x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 akuma303x
Member since 2004 • 3703 Posts

I have come to know fustration beyond any point with this RROD. I live in Denver Colorado and am wondering if there is any other gamers out there who would be intrested in a class action lawsuit. I only say this because my 360 broke the 17th. THey said it would take up to 2 weeks just to get a repair box. They know the system is defective and yet they have done the minimal to correct the problem. I am asking for MS to leave the fixit solution behind and to just issue CERTIFICATES that would allow EARL ADOPTERS OF THE SYSTEM to get a new one in a timely fashion as we pay for a YEAR OF LIVE AND CANT EVEN PLAY ON THAT WHILE OUR SYSTEMS ARE GETTING FIXED. So I believe we payed for the system with the idea it would have at least a five year life span. The defect rate is high enough that they should of recalled the system. Now they excpect us to not get our Money's worth on live whle the system is in for repairs. WE only need so many people to do this. so in layman's terms,

I am asking for certificates for early adopters of the system to replace their crappy one's with new one's we can feel more confident about. second is an extension on our live accounts for any period of time the system needed to be fixed. I am serious and hope there is enough poeple fed up out there who wants to do it.

akuma303x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 akuma303x
anyone?
riskers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 riskers
Member since 2004 • 340 Posts

You could not sue MSoft because of a faulty system. You could only sue if the item was defected prior to the sale of said item. It sucks, but they extended the service warrenty contracts of early adopters of the system. They also give you a month of live free to compensate, I think...could be wrong.

Like Metallica said..."It's sad but true." :(

striker131

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 striker131
Member since 2006 • 339 Posts
I am sure they knew that this problem would develop soon after launch and they did nothing to stop it becuase they were in a rush to be the first nex gen console. Why else would they fix them for free or give us a 3 year extended warrenty? This is what we have come to expect from M$. The 360 is the best console I have ever owned beacuse of all the great games and xbox live, but this issue is giving the 360 a bad name.
PiNwOrM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#5 PiNwOrM
Member since 2005 • 2030 Posts

1. You have no case

2. Microsoft is being generous and fixing the RROD problems you may have for free, at the cost of 1.1billion dollars to them, that they did not have to spend.

It sucks, too bad. You can't sue.

oxrs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 oxrs
Member since 2003 • 314 Posts
Here's an idea: You should just let it go. No matter how many people you find to join you, which wont be many, you will never win. You don't have a case. They actually go above and beyond most industry standards to make sure that their customers have working products. The video gaming market has to be the only market where people are so impatient en masse that they complain when a company actually turns around and says "Yes, apparently we didn't do as good a job as we tried to do - we'll extend the warrenty and fix it for you for free over an even longer time AND we'll pay for the shipping for you.". That kind of action doesn't happen that often in this world, especially in such a low end price range market.
I have heard of many cases where Microsoft DOES extend your Live subscription if they are asked to. I'm sure there are many cases when that hasn't happened as well but you just need to call again and get a different person - it all comes down to the personal decision of the operater on that count.
A final word of advice - If you seriously try to go through with this, which probably won't happen because you won't find a lawyer who would take this case and expect to win, then you will most definately lose. If you lose, you will be responsible for court costs, at least in part if it's class action. Just drop it.
BNB2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 BNB2000
Member since 2007 • 117 Posts
I wish companies could be shut down for making extremely crappy products. Microsoft would have been long gone and nobody was forced to use this piece of loud garbage. Recall M$ instead of giving a worthless 3 year rrod warranty!
riskers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 riskers
Member since 2004 • 340 Posts

I am sure they knew that this problem would develop soon after launch and they did nothing to stop it becuase they were in a rush to be the first nex gen console. Why else would they fix them for free or give us a 3 year extended warrenty? This is what we have come to expect from M$. The 360 is the best console I have ever owned beacuse of all the great games and xbox live, but this issue is giving the 360 a bad name.striker131

No, you could file a class action if Microsoft INTENTIONALLY built problematic hardware.

Pinman_DS9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Pinman_DS9
Member since 2005 • 468 Posts
Go look for your frivolous lawsuits somewhere else, you litigious troll. Hey, moderators, lock this post!
SILENCEuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 SILENCEuk
Member since 2003 • 360 Posts

also i havee a first batch 360 and its only just started to ware out and its my disk drive not the RROD problem thast starting up contrey to popular belife its only a small percentage of 360's thatare RROD'ing

Likefire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11 Likefire
Member since 2003 • 276 Posts
Sorry dont enough to go on
jdbthexboxgamr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#12 jdbthexboxgamr
Member since 2006 • 2307 Posts
MS is fixing all consoles that have the RROD for free and even paying shipping and you still want to sue them?,LOL,good luck with that......
Avatar image for problemsolver10
problemsolver10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 problemsolver10
Member since 2005 • 830 Posts
I dont think Microsoft is purposely building faulty equipment, I feel alot of the RROD is due to people playing it for long periods of time (like 10+ hours) or move the system around or not having it ventalated properly, etc..
holhardy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 holhardy
Member since 2003 • 775 Posts
Find evidence that they aremaking and selling 360 they know will fail, and you have a chance. A problem is not evidence, Find a memo or somethingSaying to the point "Yes 360s fail but we dont give a dam" is better.
Hermitkermit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#15 Hermitkermit
Member since 2005 • 1880 Posts
Bill Gates: Lawsuit? *Looks at stack of cash* Bring It!!!!
darkelf505

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#17 darkelf505
Member since 2006 • 342 Posts
Why do you think MS has taken the actions that they have. By extending the warranty, fixing the problem for out of warranty models, etc, they have protected themselves.
destinhpark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#18 destinhpark
Member since 2006 • 4831 Posts
Yeah man, this definitely isn't going to work. What is your case exactly?
dgbiker1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#19 dgbiker1
Member since 2003 • 2139 Posts

1. You have no case

2. Microsoft is being generous and fixing the RROD problems you may have for free, at the cost of 1.1billion dollars to them, that they did not have to spend.

PiNwOrM

#2 is pretty naive, you can't build a crap product and expect to be out of the woods by just extending the warranty. Look at Ford/Firestone when tires were blowing up on Explorers. They went one step further and recalled the cars and they still got sued. You can get sued for knowingly selling faulty hardware or for negligence (I strongly believe MS didn't properly test the 360 to rush the release).

Unfortunately, whether or not the OP has a case, MS has enough money to bury him so it's unlikely to actually go anywhere.

thexel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 thexel
Member since 2006 • 480 Posts
Sadly, it would be a losing battle.
Eggsandwich06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Eggsandwich06
Member since 2006 • 535 Posts

you do make a good point about live thought. i think that we should be reimbursed for the time that we cant use live when it is being fixed.

thexel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 thexel
Member since 2006 • 480 Posts

Dont know about you.

But my 360 was gone for 2 weeks.
And i got a free month of live in the box when they sent it back.

akuma303x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 akuma303x
Go look for your frivolous lawsuits somewhere else, you litigious troll. Hey, moderators, lock this post!Pinman_DS9
funny I am a troll because I waited for so long for halo3 and 8 days before it comes out my 360 died on me. MY TAG IS WYLDSTILE 360. Look it up. I also have Underworld x and Sikwitit187 for accounts. I payed for 3. Are they gonna compensate 3 accounts worth? no. I am just a hurt fan who is upset. My passion is for the 360, but mine broke before the #1 game in MS history was released. You need to grow up.
akuma303x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 akuma303x
Sadly, it would be a losing battle.thexel
couldnt afford to win anyway.
Flavour666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#25 Flavour666
Member since 2003 • 345 Posts
Call them and make sure they get how disappointed you are, but they will ask you (and I wonder as well) what you need THREE gold accounts on one console for? It doesn't make ANY sense whatsoever. And yes, you will get one month of Live free + if it happens again that your console breaks, you can get a free game (out of a lame choice of 4 or 5) or a free controller, or play'n'charge kit etc. To the guy with the tires: it's quite a difference if human lives are at stake. We're talking about a game-console here. Grow up.
jameeler91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 jameeler91
Member since 2006 • 1312 Posts

I wish companies could be shut down for making extremely crappy products. Microsoft would have been long gone and nobody was forced to use this piece of loud garbage. Recall M$ instead of giving a worthless 3 year rrod warranty!BNB2000

fanboy much?

Miguel16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Miguel16
Member since 2004 • 6065 Posts

MS just needs to fix this crappy piece of hardware sitting before me. This case wouldnt get anywhere but nonetheless, MS needs to fix this garbage. A recall would have been wayyyy to costly for them so they are taking the cheaper route. There's no excuse, they Fd up. When my ps3 which has far more hardware in it can run for a full day folding with some sessions for gaming in between and still be running smooth, theres something wrong.

One thing i do agree with tho, is that they should reimburse us the time away from our consoles if its ssignificant. Last time i sent it in they had it for 2 flippen months. Gimme 2 months of live back for that.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#28 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts
Sucks for you TC,Im still on my first 360 and I've had it for 9 months,maybe you should take care of your consoles better?.Also dont get me started on the issues the PS2 had which sony did nothing about except make newer ones which meant you had to buy a whole new console.
Zauster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Zauster
Member since 2003 • 158 Posts
how would you plan on going through with that without a well thought out plan? the one stated isnt really all that beneficial to anyone. also it does not help your case when you have bad grammar and spelling. just a heads up on that
djgamon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 djgamon
Member since 2004 • 871 Posts
My xbox 360 had the rrod andI received a new one from MS.
Slaide69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Slaide69
Member since 2003 • 192 Posts

As someone else has said "You have no case"

The entire world knows of the problems MS is having with the infamous RROD, and they have addressed and are taking the necessary steps to fix it. Now just because you have to wait 2 weeks and are upset take a step back and think of some of the people who have to wait a month (I have heard of people waiting a month). I'm sorry but your idea for class action is not justified. I have played the waiting game myself and believe me getting upset doesnt make 2 weeks come any faster. The certificate idea SHOULD be used though for people who have sent back 4 systems in under 2 months I blame this impart to shipping and shipping temperatures causing defects thats just my thought though.

bozo9182

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#32 bozo9182
Member since 2007 • 62 Posts
Yea theres no way you can sue MS for a broken or faulty console. It's like sueing Mcdonald's for getting fat, and winning. It can't happen. Sorry
Radiozo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Radiozo
Member since 2006 • 2413 Posts
You have no case. Got my 360 at launch and it still works fine. If every single one of the 360's died during the first year you might have had a case but they dont. Not even close. 70-80% hasnt failed yet.
RabbidDawg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#34 RabbidDawg
Member since 2006 • 960 Posts

I have come to know fustration beyond any point with this RROD. I live in Denver Colorado and am wondering if there is any other gamers out there who would be intrested in a class action lawsuit. I only say this because my 360 broke the 17th. THey said it would take up to 2 weeks just to get a repair box. They know the system is defective and yet they have done the minimal to correct the problem. I am asking for MS to leave the fixit solution behind and to just issue CERTIFICATES that would allow EARL ADOPTERS OF THE SYSTEM to get a new one in a timely fashion as we pay for a YEAR OF LIVE AND CANT EVEN PLAY ON THAT WHILE OUR SYSTEMS ARE GETTING FIXED. So I believe we payed for the system with the idea it would have at least a five year life span. The defect rate is high enough that they should of recalled the system. Now they excpect us to not get our Money's worth on live whle the system is in for repairs. WE only need so many people to do this. so in layman's terms,

I am asking for certificates for early adopters of the system to replace their crappy one's with new one's we can feel more confident about. second is an extension on our live accounts for any period of time the system needed to be fixed. I am serious and hope there is enough poeple fed up out there who wants to do it.

akuma303x

Seriously I feel your pain man. After 9 premiums failing and a now freezing and glitching Elite all I know is Frustration from M$. Every one will say its user error blah blah blah, but the numbers keep rising for defective consoles. Funny how defective consoles are still being put out so long aftre launch yet its user error still LMAO. Sooner or later a lawsuit or the government it self will stop M$ its just a matter of when.

The people saying that Lawsuits would fail are idiots. This would be the perfect time to start a lawsuit. Its a known fact the 360 fails A LOT! Xbots cant handle that known FACT, honestly post this in sytem wars, and see what the responses are. Dont expect any respect from anyone inthe 360 forums, they bleed green, and Gates is there slave master. Honestly go with a PS3 or a Wii or both, the 360 is not worth the headache, dont get hooked on the 360's games like a lot of have and keep putting up with defects and finding it exceptable. Its not exceptable PERIOD.

mrnivek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#35 mrnivek
Member since 2005 • 85 Posts

PiNwOrM

Generous? Ha! They were just trying to generate a little good PR and maybe people would think the problem is fixed. Which it never was and never will they will just recycle the same crappy consoles to people with problems. I will be sending my 2nd xbox in for a replacement soon. Anyway people have sued for worst reasons in the past, why not this?

Avatar image for MJ0LNIR_SPARTAN
MJ0LNIR_SPARTAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 MJ0LNIR_SPARTAN
Member since 2007 • 409 Posts

Are you stupid? Filing a class action lawsuit against Microsoft. Have fun with that. The only thing you will get is a counter-lawsuit for trying to ruin their public image. It wouldn't matter if they built a bomb into the 360, you can't win.

teebeenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 teebeenz
Member since 2006 • 4362 Posts
You could create a whole law firm to fight MS and youd get no-where, the only way to avoid being ripped off by MS is not to buy MS products, something most should have learned by now.
moneyjism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 moneyjism
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts

Seriously I feel your pain man. After 9 premiums failing and a now freezing and glitching Elite all I know is Frustration from M$. Every one will say its user error blah blah blah, but the numbers keep rising for defective consoles. Funny how defective consoles are still being put out so long aftre launch yet its user error still LMAO. Sooner or later a lawsuit or the government it self will stop M$ its just a matter of when.

The people saying that Lawsuits would fail are idiots. This would be the perfect time to start a lawsuit. Its a known fact the 360 fails A LOT! Xbots cant handle that known FACT, honestly post this in sytem wars, and see what the responses are. Dont expect any respect from anyone inthe 360 forums, they bleed green, and Gates is there slave master. Honestly go with a PS3 or a Wii or both, the 360 is not worth the headache, dont get hooked on the 360's games like a lot of have and keep putting up with defects and finding it exceptable. Its not exceptable PERIOD.

I hear ya those people in the xbox forums are whores to M$, you vent your frustration and they freak, let them have their problems they will continue to formany more years to come and through whatever console M$ puts out next. I am done! this is not user error, I bought my console on boxing day last year and it just went this week. I hit GOW hard in Jan-Feb., moved to my girlfriends only played it on weekends whileI was there until I got GH2 in Sept. I have never played it more than 6 hrs. a day, I even kept the cats out of my room so their hair would not get in it. After reading about people replacing their 3rd, 4th and 5th already this is it, it is my first consoleupgrade since PS2 I thought I was buying a good product. I wish I could sell it but nobody now is going to buy this piece of junk.

kostas360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 kostas360
Member since 2007 • 67 Posts

1. You have no case

PiNwOrM

he can sue, and u r a total fool if u think ms is being generous. THEY R OBLIGED TO FIX IT!!!

EnderSR388

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 EnderSR388
Member since 2004 • 6552 Posts
No. And stop complaining. I sent mine in and it took 22 days round trip. I somehow managed to find something else to do in the meantime. MS even gave me a month of XBL free, since I didn't get to use it for the time it was being repaired.
BikerPunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#41 BikerPunk
Member since 2005 • 966 Posts

also i havee a first batch 360 and its only just started to ware out and its my disk drive not the RROD problem thast starting up contrey to popular belife its only a small percentage of 360's thatare RROD'ing

99adgil

Thats the truth. Seriosuly, if everyone that had a working one came on here to say so, no one would ever head the broken RROD complainers ever again. you'd be flooded out.

dipper145

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 dipper145
Member since 2007 • 1425 Posts
uhh... it only took 9 business days total for the whole process completed for me.