Changing your Gamertag WITHOUT paying

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for worldcupiran201
worldcupiran201

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 worldcupiran201
Member since 2006 • 56 Posts

Does anybody know any other way to change your gamertag without paying the rip-off 800 microsoft points price?

Avatar image for HilbillyRokstar
HilbillyRokstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 HilbillyRokstar
Member since 2007 • 3236 Posts
There is no other way than to pay the $10, sorry
ch2423

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 ch2423
Member since 2004 • 1978 Posts
Well, there is a way but it might be tricky. You'd have to have enough people report your gamertag as offensive, then Microsoft makes you change it. That may also include a few days suspension but if you really want to save the points, it's the only other way.
Avatar image for HilbillyRokstar
HilbillyRokstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 HilbillyRokstar
Member since 2007 • 3236 Posts
Well, there is a way but it might be tricky. You'd have to have enough people report your gamertag as offensive, then Microsoft makes you change it. That may also include a few days suspension but if you really want to save the points, it's the only other way. ch2423
...................Enteresting, I never would have thought of that...hmmmmm
bdhoff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 bdhoff
Member since 2003 • 4104 Posts

Well, there is a way but it might be tricky. You'd have to have enough people report your gamertag as offensive, then Microsoft makes you change it. That may also include a few days suspension but if you really want to save the points, it's the only other way. ch2423
Or it may include a full ban. I wouldn't recommend this.

Pay the money or create a brand new gamertag.

emotional28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 emotional28
Member since 2007 • 39 Posts

How to change your Gamertag using the same Eadd?

Twin-Blade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Twin-Blade
Member since 2005 • 6806 Posts

How to change your Gamertag using the same Eadd?

emotional28

Have people report your Gamertag for copyright infringements? Say it's advertising EA and.... D-sized bras?

Edit: I read that wrong. I thought you were asking how to change a Gamertag with the name Eadd.

Eternal-Entity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 172

#8 Eternal-Entity
Member since 2008 • 1371 Posts

I do not think the reporting thing works very well. I have over a hundred people who reported me for just killing them with a laggy connection in Gears of War saying I hack. I did not get suspended, banned, and I did not get a name change either.

chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#9 chaoscougar1
Member since 2005 • 37603 Posts

I do not think the reporting thing works very well. I have over a hundred people who reported me for just killing them with a laggy connection in Gears of War saying I hack. I did not get suspended, banned, and I did not get a name change either.

Eternal-Entity
no, over 100 people said they would report you. only 2 did, or they didnt report you, they just gave you bad rep, theres a little bit of a difference
Eternal-Entity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Eternal-Entity

[QUOTE="Eternal-Entity"]

chaoscougar1

no, over 100 people said they would report you. only 2 did, or they didnt report you, they just gave you bad rep, theres a little bit of a difference

Maybe. But one thing I know is that almost everyone I tried to play with said they were going to report me by the end of the match, and I played Gears of War like a maniac. Pretty much 10 hours a day at least when it came out.

sharkbiscuit79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 sharkbiscuit79
Member since 2009 • 1142 Posts

you will have to cough up, the reason they do this is down to the rep system, if you play like an idiot it gives other players the option of avoiding you. so to reduce the amount of people playing aggressively ect ect and then just changing your gamertag so people will still play with you microsoft charge the down side to this is if you just fancy a change of name you still get charged. although i hate being ripped off the only people to blame here is the hordes of numbties who go online just to annoy everyone else.

Tree06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Tree06
Member since 2006 • 3552 Posts

[QUOTE="chaoscougar1"][QUOTE="Eternal-Entity"]

Eternal-Entity

Maybe. But one thing I know is that almost everyone I tried to play with said they were going to report me by the end of the match, and I played Gears of War like a maniac. Pretty much 10 hours a day at least when it came out.

Such a great game back then. I went through this a while ago because my account was hacked. Microsoft told me that they would send me an email with instructions on how they I could change my gamertag back. I never received this email so I just changed it to something else. I don't know if the offensive route works anymore.
Avatar image for deactivated-5c23908d36a7f
deactivated-5c23908d36a7f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 deactivated-5c23908d36a7f
Member since 2009 • 859 Posts

No reporting the gamertag does not work!!

On SentUAMessage (UK) they said that it does not work they will just ban you and make you change your gamertag by making you pay the 800 MS Points.

vegan_cannibal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14 vegan_cannibal
Member since 2005 • 244 Posts

This might sound dumb, but I simply got a new gamertag and informed all my friends. And then began the long quest of getting all my achievements all over again. Gave me a reason to play old games like Bioshock, Mass Effect and Orange Box all over again which I otherwise wouldn't have.

PS. Wouldnt do it again though. It was one time too many.

LittleEnid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 LittleEnid
Member since 2009 • 552 Posts

Eternal-Entity

Not that it matters, but if they reported you for hacking but didn't report your gamertag as being offensive, this wouldn't really prove anything.

If you want to be cheap TC, just wait for your gold account to expire and make a new gamertag. You'll lose all your achievement points, but they're kind of worthless anyway. This is my second Gamertag, there's no way I'd pay to keep an account with 4000 points on it, but if you have a lot you may just want to buck up and pay the $10.

The reporting thing probably won't work anymore because people try it so often. Once a month I get a chain letter asking to be reported because they want to change the name. I'm sure moderators actually LOOK at the name now to see if it actually is against their TOS before putting it into effect.

Zemus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#16 Zemus
Member since 2003 • 9304 Posts

Pay the 10 bucks.

Eighter that or pay for a new gold Sub which is pointless as im sure you want to keep your achevements

There is a reason why its not free people. You shouldn't have to think to hard as to why that is

2pac_makaveli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 2pac_makaveli
Member since 2008 • 1681 Posts
they charge money for it becuz if they didnt ppl would change their name like every week and it would be too confusing, its only 10 bucks
Avatar image for DamianAlexander
DamianAlexander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 DamianAlexander
Member since 2008 • 3762 Posts

The free way would be to make a fresh Gamertag. You would lose all of your Achievements, ranks, leaderboard stats, friends list, etc... If not it will cost you $10 or 800 Microsoft points to purchase a name change.

XxFireHawkXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 XxFireHawkXx
Member since 2009 • 512 Posts

At least we CAN change our Gamertags... PS3 owners have to create a completely new account, no free name changing, or even paying for it. So be thankful lol! But 800 points for a name change is a rip off.

Eternal-Entity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Eternal-Entity

[QUOTE="Eternal-Entity"]

LittleEnid

Not that it matters, but if they reported you for hacking but didn't report your gamertag as being offensive, this wouldn't really prove anything.

If you want to be cheap TC, just wait for your gold account to expire and make a new gamertag. You'll lose all your achievement points, but they're kind of worthless anyway. This is my second Gamertag, there's no way I'd pay to keep an account with 4000 points on it, but if you have a lot you may just want to buck up and pay the $10.

The reporting thing probably won't work anymore because people try it so often. Once a month I get a chain letter asking to be reported because they want to change the name. I'm sure moderators actually LOOK at the name now to see if it actually is against their TOS before putting it into effect.

Ohh. I guess that might be it. But back then, people reported me for having my gamertag name as "LuciferAsMaster" =P Said my name represented the devil or something.

-DirtySanchez-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#21 -DirtySanchez-
Member since 2003 • 32760 Posts
tell a bunch of people to report your name as offensive your forced to change your name and at no charge i sadly got reported for ( Soiled Sanchez ) and had to change it, yet i see ppl with names like nutonurmomslips but my name was offensive....
mkurts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 mkurts
Member since 2003 • 367 Posts

Well its hard because Microsoft randomly chooses whether or not a name is offensive after many complaints - so perhaps you should just pay the money.

McSquigee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 McSquigee
Member since 2009 • 82 Posts

you will have to cough up, the reason they do this is down to the rep system, if you play like an idiot it gives other players the option of avoiding you. so to reduce the amount of people playing aggressively ect ect and then just changing your gamertag so people will still play with you microsoft charge the down side to this is if you just fancy a change of name you still get charged. although i hate being ripped off the only people to blame here is the hordes of numbties who go online just to annoy everyone else.

sharkbiscuit79

No, it's because it's another reason for Microsoft to milk more money out of you. Their mentality is: why give it for free when they can make you pay? (proof: avatar clothing for $)

Eternal-Entity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Eternal-Entity

[QUOTE="sharkbiscuit79"]

McSquigee

No, it's because it's another reason for Microsoft to milk more money out of you. Their mentality is: why give it for free when they can make you pay? (proof: avatar clothing for $)

Agreed, but I still stick with Microsoft because they offer the best services around (at least for me), even if it does cost me (which makes me unhappy).