Can't a Gal be entertained for just one day?

• 54 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

MadameMoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#1 MadameMoo
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

Believe it or not I am obsessed with my video games!!

However, there just hasn't been a game so far that has kept me occupied for a decent amount of time, except for Oblivion of course.

All the games I have gotten for my 360, I've beaten in less than 10 hours. To make matters worse, when I search the site and check out all the reviews, and all your players comments...it seems hopeless to find a good game.

I'm easily amused, but NOT when it comes to video games. It better be challenging, and keep me guessing. It's a shame that all the games being made overlap with another game in some way, and have no real substance.

Anyhoo...enough with my lady chatter...any game suggestions? And if you are going to suggestion, BACK IT UP WITH WHY!

Thanks.

imakillaholic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 imakillaholic
Member since 2006 • 1422 Posts
Well, since Oblivion keeps you occupied have you got Shivering Isles yet? To me you seem to like RPGs, so try out some different Rpgs. There are a few out there. But, what types of games do you like?
gm0n3y

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 gm0n3y
Member since 2004 • 323 Posts

What kinda games are you into?

menduco76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4 menduco76
Member since 2006 • 650 Posts

I know how you feel.  Im very picky with games as well.  The only games that have gotten be really addicted are Oblivion, Gears of War, and Viva Pinata (yes...Viva Pinata).  Gears of War is a great game, some people really hate its flaws, but as great as any game can be, they all have their flaws.  Personally, GeOW's flaws dont really bother me so much, and I have a blast playing it in co op as well as Versus Player Matches.  It is more innovative than people give it credit.  But then again, im sure youve played it and gotten bored of it by now.  The other game i would reccomend is Viva Pinata.  If you give it a chance, its very addicting, thanks to its surprisingly deep gameplay.  Its just light hearted fun.  Not meant to be taken seriously, but those pinatas are pretty darn cute I have to say haha.  I wouldnt pay full price for it though, since its just something to pass the time for a while untill the really good games come out.  But its nevertheless a surprisingly good game. 

Im waiting for Forza 2 and Bioshock.  Once those come out, i should be happy again (hopfully).

Nemacyst1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Nemacyst1
Member since 2007 • 134 Posts

Well if your already deep into Oblivion, the only way up is Shivering Isles. I'm sure you thought of that but I have it and I can truly say that my time in Cyrodiil is over. For now. This expansion is...Perfect. Everything you love about Oblivion, subtract some of the things you didn't like and go freakin' mental...literally. Other than that I'm still mastering all my materia in FFVII...whew...

Dart_Mcloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#6 Dart_Mcloud
Member since 2004 • 2040 Posts

From the sounds of it, you're an RPG gamer. Too bad MS doesn't uphold a reputation of having a mulitude of RPG's however, they're planning on turning it around this gen. There's good things to looks forward to like Mass Effect and Blue Dragon (to name a few), but that option involves waiting a while, which I don't think you're pretty fond of. After playing Oblivion, everything will fall a little short sadly.

My suggestion is playing online untill something worthwhile comes out, but if you don't have Live; I don't know what else to say. There's not very many long and epic games out right now but they'll come in the near future. 

MadameMoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 MadameMoo

Yeah, I am working my way to Shivering Isles, but I like to have at least 2 games to switch between.

I love RPG's, because you can get a deep story line, however, I love my FPS's. I admit it's quite enticing blowing things and people to bits.

I guess my overall issue is that there isn't enough variety, and that games are way too easy to pass.

Perfect Dark Zero is the best example of the huge let down. It was suppose to be so amazing...well I passed the damn thing in 4 hours.

Nonetheless, I have nearly every video game console known to man, besides the Wii and PS3...and that's only because there is a lot of overlap with the games; none that are really exclusive to either console.

I don't have Gears of War yet...and I'm a little hesitant to get it, simply because of the mixed reviews.

Hmm...

shinian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#8 shinian
Member since 2005 • 6871 Posts
One question: Do you consider "beating" a game after going through it on easy difficulty lvl? If not- get Lost Planet it will take you a great amount of time.
Chuman231

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Chuman231
Member since 2006 • 1007 Posts

Yeah, I am working my way to Shivering Isles, but I like to have at least 2 games to switch between.

I love RPG's, because you can get a deep story line, however, I love my FPS's. I admit it's quite enticing blowing things and people to bits.

I guess my overall issue is that there isn't enough variety, and that games are way too easy to pass.

Perfect Dark Zero is the best example of the huge let down. It was suppose to be so amazing...well I passed the damn thing in 4 hours.

Nonetheless, I have nearly every video game console known to man, besides the Wii and PS3...and that's only because there is a lot of overlap with the games; none that are really exclusive to either console.

I don't have Gears of War yet...and I'm a little hesitant to get it, simply because of the mixed reviews.

Hmm...

MadameMoo
u might want to check out Armored Core 4, it can be challenging and the online multiplayer is fun
Gokuja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Gokuja
Member since 2005 • 3767 Posts

well many games today aren't that long, and the only reason to keep playing is online.  i have the same problem as you sometime, i just can't play the same game after awhile, only one that has kept me occupied for a long time is GRAW 1 & 2. 

i dont think any of us here can really give you a game that you will like, you'll just have to watch videos, read reviews and see for yourself. 

MadameMoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 MadameMoo

Typically when I start a game I think may be challenging I play it on the middle level whichever that be. If it isn't that challenging, I will switch to hard.

Some games I have, I've done all 3 difficulty levels. I've even tried setting my own achievements and what not.

I actually think the next step for me is totally spending a lot of time on live.

So yeah...you will probably hear/see me there. Haha.

Everon22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#12 Everon22
Member since 2003 • 389 Posts

Are you interested in online multiplayer at all? I've found that it can extend thier enjoyment greatly once I finish the singleplayer story.

If you're looking for longer than 8-10 hour games, your best bet is looking for open world games to mess around with. Saints Row, The Godfather, and Crackdown game are some alright games if you have some imagination, grenades, and a really big gun. I've ordered them in terms of length of time played, with crackdown being the least. I was suprised at how much I like the 360 version of godfather -- its isn't great, but it had me entertained for a while.

Then again maybe your missing games that you've overlooked entirely -- perhaps you thought they were too kiddie. Viva Pinata -- a kind of crossbreed between pokemon and Animal Crossing. Its a little deceptive, because the way the game is presented to the player seems like its suited for a very young audience. The game is suprisingly complicated -- certain animals can only be attracted to a garden with a variety of specific conditions, as well as the fact that specific animals don't like each other and you have to find ways of keeping them from fighting. My gf seemed to get a kick out of the game when she started naming the animals after people -- maybe having a personal investment helps?

My friend bought lego star wars II -- he's a complete nut, so no suprise there. The game isn't very hard, but has a lot of replability if you enjoy looking for hidden items or costume sets.

Gokuja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Gokuja
Member since 2005 • 3767 Posts
[QUOTE="MadameMoo"]

I love RPG's, because you can get a deep story line, however, I love my FPS's. I admit it's quite enticing blowing things and people to bits.

Hmm...

Chuman231

u might want to check out Armored Core 4, it can be challenging and the online multiplayer is fun

i just played the demo to AC4, and it is fun, and the explosions are huge but im not to great at it.

and Gears is a good game, i dont think it deserved anything higher than a 9.2 due to the glitches in multiplayer and short story...but its a very good game overall and i cant wait for the new update to come out.  its definitely not for everyone, but there are quite a few girls who play it so you might want to rent it and see. 

slipslayer_666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#14 slipslayer_666
Member since 2005 • 2360 Posts

I actually think the next step for me is totally spending a lot of time on live.

MadameMoo

Thats probably the best thing you can do, if i didnt  have a gold membership and Gears didnt have a multiplayer that game would be collecting dust as we speak. The problem with some online gaming is not having someone to cover your back, most games people play for themselves or for there stats, and forget about the rest of the team unless they get something out of it. So if you get sick of jerks online my GT's in my sig add me and i'll show ya how fun online can be.

Another thing you can do is grab dead rising that should keep you occupied a lot longer than 10 hours with all of its achievements especially when yo uunlock infinity mode.

marckour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 marckour
Member since 2003 • 138 Posts

Well, it really depends on how much of a completionist/perfectionist you are.

If you are such a person, Guitar hero II on expert is plenty challenging. Plus, it's face-meltingly fun. Of course, your interest in this will only go as far as your interest in the music, and your interest in replaying in harder difficulties.

Another one is Forza motorsport 2 for the gearhead in you. With a heck of a lot of cars and the large degree of customization, it will suck up months at a time. Course these aren't really out yet...

Castlevania's supposed to be fun...

It also seems like you prefer offline play. Online play can extend the life of games.

Viva Pinata? It is an acquired taste, but it gets a "The Sims" feel to it. And it takes a long time to get some of the more exotic pinata.

So yeah, I'd suggest waiting and looking ahead.

pkharkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 pkharkin
Member since 2007 • 65 Posts

Vegas baby, Vegas...

How good/bored are you with Tetris?  Are you into sports (Madden/MLB 2K7)?  Do you like fighting games (DOA4)?  Try a new genre out.  You'd be suprised at what you actually love to play but were originally opposed to.

darksusperia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 darksusperia
Member since 2004 • 6945 Posts
get graw 2 if u havent already, the actual single player story is piss easy but try and do the co op campaign's by urself..freaking hard....... thats what Im currently doing while my net is down, and I have the same problem blowing through a game way to quickly. If you really want a challenge get live, and also try that.
menduco76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 menduco76
Member since 2006 • 650 Posts

Typically when I start a game I think may be challenging I play it on the middle level whichever that be. If it isn't that challenging, I will switch to hard.

Some games I have, I've done all 3 difficulty levels. I've even tried setting my own achievements and what not.

MadameMoo

Gears of War is a great game to play on live.  Most people that complain about the multiplayer complain about two things 1. the lack of game types,  and the lack of respawn.  The lack of game types isnt THAT bad, and there will be a new one released soon for free.  As far as the lack of respawn, I have no idea why this is a problem.  You seriously only wait at most 2 minutes after dying before being able to play again.  The fact that you cant respawn adds an element to the game that no other online game has had before.  If you die, there are consequences, to you and your team.  So you find yourself being careful, planning ahead, doing whatever you can to get the upper hand.  I never liked Halo 2 online because it was way to easy to take a chance and go kamikazi on someone and die only to respawn.  I hate that actually.  When i kill someone online, I want it to be a bummer for him/her hahaha. 

I can see that you are a very serious gamer, even moreso than me.  So I dont know how GOWs length will sit with you.  You will probably get through it pretty quickly.  On the upside, you can play it again co op over xbox live, which is actually the best feature the game has to offer even though no one mentions it.  I would suggest trying to pick up a used copy in case you dont like it.  There are quite a few people who think the game isnt that great, but there are many people like me who think its one of the best games I ever played (not THE best, but possibly up there on the list).  Theres no way of knowing in which group youll fall into unless you try it. 

NeonNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 115

#19 NeonNinja
Member since 2005 • 17318 Posts

I read some of your comments and at first, I was trying to figure out what games you had... then you said you didn't have Gears of War.  That's like a sin in my book.

What mixed reviews are you talking about?  The game has an average score of 94, that's wicked rad last I checked.  But you probably want to hear my reasoning and not just the score... fine, whatever.

I'll give it to you succintly:  I've beaten Gears of War six times.  Six.  I still play the game.  I'm not talking about multiplayer online here, I mean the campaign mode.  You seem like you're a really skilled gamer based on how you've been talking about games, so Gears may be brief for you.  But it took me well over a dozen hours on my first try to complete the game on Casual... and I thought it was pretty hard.  I then started Hardcore alone and completed that alone as well.  During this time, I also had three different co-op partners all at various parts of the game.  I beat it with all of them.  I then beat Gears of War on Insane by myself.  I'm currently on my seventh, eighth and ninth playthroughs with various people.  Once again, this isn't online, I mean the campaign mode alone here.

Everything about Gears of War blends together so well.  The graphics, the sound, the gameplay, it all feels so rugged, so tight, so well-thought out and well-designed, that they all come together to make Gears one of the greatest shooters this side of Halo.

Besides, you know a game is amazing when your grandfather is watching you play the game and he comments on how well-designed the game is.  He was talking about the cover, in case you were wondering.  And the art style rocks too.

If you don't play Gears of War then I really think you're missing out on a great gaming experience.  But don't take my word for it, just look at all the Game of the Year awards it won... as in a lot.

axes03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#20 axes03
Member since 2005 • 4454 Posts
most of the modern games are based around the online multiplayer components, so yeah. other than masseffect, i dont see any up comming games that'll meet ur taste.
Shniper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Shniper
Member since 2007 • 88 Posts

Earth Defense Force 2017.

Oh, and will you marry me? The only game I could get my girlfriend to play was Viva Pinata. And all she liked doing was naming the stupid animals. 

Roland1225

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Roland1225
Member since 2005 • 446 Posts
^damn you beat me to her....
kryloc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 kryloc
Member since 2003 • 2283 Posts

You love FPS and you love to blow people to bits and peices....I think the answer is very simple here.  Give in to all the great reviews and buy Gears of War.  Single Player isn't that long, but could always play on the hardest difficulty though. 

Like others have said, to be good at gears, you need to actually think and work as a team.  Or just be crazy stealthy like me :)....if only I could aim.

Also, Epic is about to release another patch to hopefully fix a few of it's online flaws and add a fourth match type. 

gamerking178

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#24 gamerking178
Member since 2005 • 669 Posts

Earth Defense Force 2017.

Oh, and will you marry me? The only game I could get my girlfriend to play was Viva Pinata. And all she liked doing was naming the stupid animals. 

Shniper

Lol @ naming the animals

leezeebub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 leezeebub
Member since 2005 • 4112 Posts
have you tried enchanted arms. it has a long/interesting story, plenty of customisation for who you want in your team. a great battle system which could be compared to chess. fanal fantasy syle gameplay
Serial_Killa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#26 Serial_Killa
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts
Definitely get Gears of War A.S.A.P.....you wont regret it although it is not overly long but it sure is fun.Sounds like you need to start playing on XBL......once you start you won't go back.GOW is great online and I also enjoy PGR3 online as well.Once you get a few good friends on XBL......then the fun will start.
anandram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 anandram
Member since 2007 • 1537 Posts

condemned is quite good...short as hell but you'll get a semi 'quick one' out of it :D It'll keep you guessing some too. its real cheap now so try it out.

Oh--- and GET ONLINE ALREADY!! :p Im 100% certain this thread wouldnt have existed if you only had LIVE :P

DirrtyNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 DirrtyNinja
Member since 2006 • 994 Posts
GH 2
kryloc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 kryloc
Member since 2003 • 2283 Posts

have you tried enchanted arms. it has a long/interesting story, plenty of customisation for who you want in your team. a great battle system which could be compared to chess. fanal fantasy syle gameplayleezeebub

You forgot to mention the horrendous dialogue.  Also, I'd much rather have a metrosexual lead character, than an idiot ;) 

Avatar image for dragonslayerssj
dragonslayerssj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 dragonslayerssj
Member since 2003 • 1974 Posts
well since you like both FPS and RPGs then get Huxley when it comes out... its a MMOFPSRPG. imagine 100 vs 100 battles or you and a few others vs 100 enemies all on a huge battlefield. Or your could try ShadowRun which looks like a ton of fun... they arent out yet but hey its an idea.
camian69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 camian69
Member since 2006 • 583 Posts

Xbox Live................you've just got to do it!

Find yourself some great friends online and have a blast. ;)

mpattni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 mpattni
Member since 2005 • 578 Posts

wow if this was a guy, there would be three posts, two bumps and one telling him figure things out himslef

lge777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 lge777
Member since 2003 • 2507 Posts
If you have XBL then get GRAW2 the single player is short but the XBL play is endless
PSYCO109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#34 PSYCO109
Member since 2006 • 789 Posts
I don't think you could have fully beat oblivion in 10 hours.
Avatar image for deactivated-57af49c27f4e8
deactivated-57af49c27f4e8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#35 deactivated-57af49c27f4e8
Member since 2005 • 14149 Posts
hmm... not to bring any arguments into here, but it sort of sounds like you should get a Wii. anyways, Two Worlds and Mass Effect are coming, you will probably like those.
YoniKunda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 YoniKunda
Member since 2004 • 47 Posts
You need more consoles. The new gen is still only young.
sammysalsa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 sammysalsa
Member since 2004 • 1832 Posts

beat PDZ in four hours? WOW

you should try setting the games on a decent difficulty level i played PDZ on perfect agent and i still havnt beaten the second last level, i probably spent at least 10 hours on it ( co-op ) LOL

Sounds like you shood play your FPS's on harder difficultys and maybe get Live if you don't already have it, im haven a blast with gears 

kintzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 kintzer
Member since 2003 • 806 Posts

wow if this was a guy, there would be three posts, two bumps and one telling him figure things out himslef

mpattni

:lol: Man that's so true.  Anyway, try playing Ninja Gaiden Black on hard.  I know its last gen, but it is still a great game.  If you have not played it, you may also want to look at KOTOR.  Again, it's last gen, but is still awesome if you like RPGs. 

jak360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 jak360
Member since 2005 • 97 Posts

I would suggest to play graw 2, its awesome even though the single player is a bit short,but live is just fun

feryl06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 feryl06
Member since 2006 • 4955 Posts

mpattni
Yea, that's so true. Nerds, go figure.
Arthas045

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Arthas045
Member since 2005 • 5800 Posts
I am thinking maybe a game like Enchanted Arms or Viva Pinta. Both are excellent games and have a pretty lengthy story to them... Also Viva Pinta is kind of open ended just like Oblivion, but in a complete different way. Hope this helps some!
feryl06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 feryl06
Member since 2006 • 4955 Posts
this will sound really bad, esp. here, but if you are really really into RPGs, why not get a PS2? There are tons and tons of RPGs for that system and you can play happily for hours and hours on! :)
ninjaxams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 ninjaxams
Member since 2004 • 7500 Posts
COD2 FTW!!!
V4LENT1NE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 V4LENT1NE
Member since 2006 • 12901 Posts

COD2 FTW!!!
ninjaxams

Agreed.

Avatar image for MoreCowbell6924
MoreCowbell6924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#45 MoreCowbell6924
Member since 2005 • 586 Posts
Gears of War is an easy choice, because its challenging in the singleplayer, and if you have Xbox Live there is even more gameplay to go around.
shotputking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 shotputking
Member since 2006 • 558 Posts
yeah, definitely get gears of war.  the mixed reviews just seem to be coming from people who either think it's cool to dislike gears of war, because everyone else likes it, or it's from people who have played it A LOT, to the point where the couple of glitches have driven them nuts.  especially if you like playing on live, gears is the only way to go.  i'm not a huge shooter fan, but i've been playing it like crazy since december.
nickdastick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#47 nickdastick
Member since 2004 • 5286 Posts
Guitar Hero 2 comes out today and it's a MUST HAVE!!! I would also suggest Gears of War online for a challenge. I have a lot of buddies that are really good and I play ranked a lot so I run into a lot of skilled players which is fun because it makes it a challenge. Online multiplayer is the best thing you can get with games on the 360. That's where the real challenges lie. Oh, if you are all about the single player though get Rainbow Six Vegas and play it on Realistic... It's a challenge and a half!
Levrar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Levrar
Member since 2004 • 1286 Posts
Rainbow Six: Vegas, and I'm surprised it hasn't got more nominations here. The single player it fairly short, but is very challenging and required strategies to win, and you can use voice commands. It is the most popular game on Xbox Live and has a way better community than Gears of War (no offense to people who play Gears). You can spend hours playing just to earn that little extra camo, most of the maps are fun and it's not hard to get into a game that you like. If you pickup RB6 send me a friend request and we can play, or if there there is a fair amount of people online I can setup a match with a bunch of friends.
MadameMoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 MadameMoo

Ok ok....I have Gears of War.

I bought it yesterday. I am impressed thus far.

And...I am going to use my free month of Live and check it out. Yes I am sure all my problems would be solved if I had it, however, jealous boyfried = tons of missed gaming opportunities believe it or not. Apparently I suck because I'd rather play video games then cuddle. I thought that was a good thing?? Oh well.

Any hoo...I shall be on live, and thanks to you all for all your input. Don't forget to keep me posted about new finds and what not. Hopefully I want demolish you too easily when I see you on Live.

Haha.

Â