cancelling Fable 2 preorder at GameStop question

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for ReverseCycology
ReverseCycology

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 ReverseCycology
Member since 2006 • 9717 Posts

So I preordered Fable 2 from GameStop, got the Pub Games and redeemed it. I was wondering even if I redeemed the Pub Games, can I still cancel my preorder with no problems?

I'm planning on buying than more than one game, and Circuit City always got those $10 dollar gift card when you buy a game and I was going to use that gift card for Fable 2.

Thanks.

choffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 choffy
Member since 2005 • 1881 Posts

Of course you can. That's what I did with the Call of Duty: World at War preorder.

I'm in the beta now and loving it

ReverseCycology

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 ReverseCycology

Of course you can. That's what I did with the Call of Duty: World at War preorder.

I'm in the beta now and loving it

choffy

Sounds good thanks.

redmagic123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 redmagic123
Member since 2003 • 566 Posts
yeah you can cancel it but you won't get your money back, why do you think they made you put down $10 rather then $5 it usually is? cause the pub games cost $10 so if you did decide to cancel you still technically paid for it, so again don't expect your money back
Bulova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Bulova
Member since 2003 • 1237 Posts

yeah you can cancel it but you won't get your money back, why do you think they made you put down $10 rather then $5 it usually is? cause the pub games cost $10 so if you did decide to cancel you still technically paid for it, so again don't expect your money backredmagic123

I only had to put down $5 on my fable pre-order.

And you won't get cash back, you will get gamestop store credit.

redmagic123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 redmagic123

[QUOTE="redmagic123"]yeah you can cancel it but you won't get your money back, why do you think they made you put down $10 rather then $5 it usually is? cause the pub games cost $10 so if you did decide to cancel you still technically paid for it, so again don't expect your money backBulova

must of had a stupid gamestop then, they are clearly suppose to have $10 to pre-order the game cause of the pub games

Fredrick2003x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Fredrick2003x
Member since 2005 • 2056 Posts

Most Gamestops ARE stupid...

Just don't shop there anymore :)

choffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 choffy
Member since 2005 • 1881 Posts
[QUOTE="Bulova"]

[QUOTE="redmagic123"]yeah you can cancel it but you won't get your money back, why do you think they made you put down $10 rather then $5 it usually is? cause the pub games cost $10 so if you did decide to cancel you still technically paid for it, so again don't expect your money backredmagic123

must of had a stupid gamestop then, they are clearly suppose to have $10 to pre-order the game cause of the pub games

No. Wrong. Only $5

Does that mean that my GameStop is stupid because I gave $5 for Banjo-Kazzoie: Nuts and Bolts, yet I'm going to get the original Banjo-Kazooie on XBLA, which costs $15?

It's five dollars to preorder a game no matter what

ReverseCycology

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 ReverseCycology

if you paid cash will you get cash or just store credit regardless?

redmagic123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 redmagic123
[QUOTE="redmagic123"][QUOTE="Bulova"]

[QUOTE="redmagic123"]yeah you can cancel it but you won't get your money back, why do you think they made you put down $10 rather then $5 it usually is? cause the pub games cost $10 so if you did decide to cancel you still technically paid for it, so again don't expect your money backchoffy

No. Wrong. Only $5

Does that mean that my GameStop is stupid because I gave $5 for Banjo-Kazzoie: Nuts and Bolts, yet I'm going to get the original Banjo-Kazooie on XBLA, which costs $15?

It's five dollars to preorder a game no matter what

read my original post that say "$5 usually cost" meaning I know its only $5 to pre-order a game but for Fable 2 since they give you the pub games card before the game comes out which is a $10 value, it cost $10 instead of the usually $5

As for Banjo its not like you have that code yet, as far as you know you might not get it till the day before launch so again the fact you get the $10 pub games the day you pre-order it rather then a date to be named later is why it costs $10 or at least it did for me. How bout you ReverseCycolog how much did you put down for pre-order.

btw did choffy did you put a pre-order on Fable 2? If so how much did you pay? And yes Gamestop (yours or any other) would be stupid to let someone pre-order Fable 2 for $5 knowing they could cancel anytime and get the pub games for cheaper, that would be losing money which = stupid

ReverseCycolog you will get money back, I have pulled pre-purchases many times at many gamestops and I always get money back just did it last week actually.

ReverseCycology

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 ReverseCycology

I put down $10 bucks, plus the Pub Game code card thing they gave me has a $10 price on it.

redmagic123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 redmagic123

I put down $10 bucks, plus the Pub Game code card thing they gave me has a $10 price on it.

ReverseCycology

Now did you have to put $10 down or was $5 and option? If you did have to put $10 down that is exactly what I am trying to say, Fable 2 is a mandatory $10 pre-order cause of the "free" pub games.

ReverseCycology

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 ReverseCycology
[QUOTE="ReverseCycology"]

redmagic123

Now did you have to put $10 down or was $5 and option? If you did have to put $10 down that is exactly what I am trying to say, Fable 2 is a mandatory $10 pre-order cause of the "free" pub games.

I don't think I had a choice, the guy said it was $10 to preorder Fable 2 and to get the Pub Games at the GameStop I went to.

Axelnomad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Axelnomad
Member since 2007 • 872 Posts
I had to put down $10, but his reasoning for it is because I had the last preorder, and I didnt get pub games :(
redmagic123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 redmagic123
[QUOTE="redmagic123"][QUOTE="ReverseCycology"]

ReverseCycology

I don't think I had a choice, the guy said it was $10 to preorder Fable 2 and to get the Pub Games at the GameStop I went to.

yeah pretty same thing with though I asked why $10 instead of $5 and they explained the reasoning to me of the pub games which makes perfect sense to me

no pub games axelnomad? I would go get my money back and go some where else, I believe even best buy gives out the pub games with a $10 pre-order as well

ReverseCycology

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 ReverseCycology

Thanks for the info guys, it was too late to call GS to ask and get answers right away.

I will go to GS tomorrow or so and cancel my preorder and get my cash back.

I'm planning to get two games, and Circuit City usually have those $10 gift cards, and I'll use that for Fable 2.

Cheers.

Bulova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Bulova
Member since 2003 • 1237 Posts

Well with everyone arguing, maybe the reality is that some stores were asking $5, and some were asking $10. I was only asked for $5, and I got the pub games code as well.

Even if you paid cash, I'm pretty sure you still only get store credit.