Canadians are getting screwed

• 97 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Lawnboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#1 Lawnboi
Member since 2005 • 2650 Posts
Why do we pay 10$ more for games when the currency is just about at par with the USA? 70$(the ammount games cost up north) is 69.4 american dollars... WTF this is stupid I don't wanna pay for games just because I live in Canada and they think they can make us think the currency is what it was in 2000.
Altair-of-Acre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 Altair-of-Acre
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
One word, eBay.
DreadStein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 DreadStein
Member since 2007 • 79 Posts

Why do we pay 10$ more for games when the currency is just about at par with the USA? 70$(the ammount games cost up north) is 69.4 american dollars... WTF this is stupid I don't wanna pay for games just because I live in Canada and they think they can make us think the currency is what it was in 2000.Lawnboi

Stop whining you guys get free Healthcare, we have a crappy system that screws us over and in the end only helps the rich.

linktheworld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 linktheworld
Member since 2006 • 679 Posts

[QUOTE="Lawnboi"]Why do we pay 10$ more for games when the currency is just about at par with the USA? 70$(the ammount games cost up north) is 69.4 american dollars... WTF this is stupid I don't wanna pay for games just because I live in Canada and they think they can make us think the currency is what it was in 2000.DreadStein

Stop whining you guys get free Healthcare, we have a crappy system that screws us over and in the end only helps the rich.

what he said

So everytime they go to the doctor, even if they break their leg or get sick, they dont pay 1 cent for the visit, treatment, or drugs?

m_axe9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 m_axe9
Member since 2008 • 223 Posts

[QUOTE="Lawnboi"]Why do we pay 10$ more for games when the currency is just about at par with the USA? 70$(the ammount games cost up north) is 69.4 american dollars... WTF this is stupid I don't wanna pay for games just because I live in Canada and they think they can make us think the currency is what it was in 2000.DreadStein

ya !!
mackreki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 mackreki
Member since 2004 • 113 Posts

And yet people in Toronto could end up waiting a few months to go see a doctor , for something that they should be seen right away for . I will certainly take the u.s. system over their extremely flawed health care .

Oh and i would certainly rather have a top notch doctor here look at me , over the marginal doctors they have there .

vids

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 vids
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts

I like how this turned from a videogame forum to one complaining about nations healthcare systems.

However on another point, France has the best healthcare as it is also free, and in most circumstances doctors get sent directly to your home.

Aaron89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Aaron89
Member since 2003 • 3377 Posts

We do pay the same, at least I think so.

I did a quick search on BestBuy.com and the .ca counterpart for MGS4 - and we both pay $59.99 + taxes (which is where we get screwed).

SexyPorkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 SexyPorkins
Member since 2007 • 1222 Posts

Blame Canada!

mackreki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 mackreki

I like how this turned from a videogame forum to one complaining about nations healthcare systems.

However on another point, France has the best healthcare as it is also free, and in most circumstances doctors get sent directly to your home.

vids

Reading comprehension is a good thing . There was no complaining . I just absolutely hate when people talk about a subject like they have a clue , but then what they say shows otherwise .

ModernTimes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 ModernTimes
Member since 2007 • 1029 Posts
For starters their healthcare is not free. Secondly, they should not be charged 10$ more for games. I suggest Ebay among other methods.
cosmostein77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 102

#13 cosmostein77
Member since 2004 • 7043 Posts

And yet people in Toronto could end up waiting a few months to go see a doctor , for something that they should be seen right away for . I will certainly take the u.s. system over their extremely flawed health care .

Oh and i would certainly rather have a top notch doctor here look at me , over the marginal doctors they have there .

mackreki

While I am not the biggest fan of our socialized medicine in Canada, I am not sure who started that rumor about wait times for a doctor but that is not the case in the least.

I had migraines that I had enough of on a Monday, booked an appointment with my GP for the Wednesday at 5:30PM. He booked me a CT Scan which was the Friday at 7:10PM and an appointment with a Neurologist the next Thursday at 3:00PM which would have been sooner had it not been for the transit time of the CT scan results from hospital to GP to Neurologist.

Although I will admit my firm supplies me with top notch healthcare insurance as I do a lot of work in the States, and the one time that I needed it I was very impressed at how I was bumped nearly to the front of the line in a crowded hospital waiting room and taken care of in less then an hour.

I would take the United States high end healthcare over ours, but on average I would take the Canadian system.

Avatar image for torontomapleafs
torontomapleafs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15 torontomapleafs
Member since 2006 • 2019 Posts

mackreki

Stop making excuses just because your jealous that we get free health care. My Grandpa had cancer and he was on the operating table within one month of being diagnosed. The American Government just wants you guys to believe free health care is bad so they dont have to fund it.

Anyways on to the topic, i'm not sure why we have to pay $10 more but frankly i don't care.

DreadStein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 DreadStein

mackreki

It's not flawed because that isn't true. The old republicans started that rumor. Watch Sicko, I don't care if you like Moore or not he shows the truth. Even Cube has better healthcare then we do, only morons would think otherwise.

Avatar image for FuriousFragnito
FuriousFragnito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#17 FuriousFragnito
Member since 2006 • 52 Posts
70 dollars for a game? Where are you shopping? Games are 60 dollars everywhere for new releases in Canada. We get screwed on everything else though, especially cars. Cars are so over priced here, its ridiculous.
mackreki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 mackreki
[QUOTE="mackreki"]

cosmostein77

While I am not the biggest fan of our socialized medicine in Canada, I am not sure who started that rumor about wait times for a doctor but that is not the case in the least.

I had migraines that I had enough of on a Monday, booked an appointment with my GP for the Wednesday at 5:30PM. He booked me a CT Scan which was the Friday at 7:10PM and an appointment with a Neurologist the next Thursday at 3:00PM which would have been sooner had it not been for the transit time of the CT scan results from hospital to GP to Neurologist.

As for top notch...I guess you guys don't look at the World Health Organization rankings often...

Rumor ? I am a born Canadian just like yourself . There are areas in the country where wait times are not a problem , but that is far from the case in the majority of places there .

Oh the WHO... Lol . Please just stop it . Canada isn't even comparable to the u.s. in terms of health care . The only place Canada wins out is in the lower income bracket . If you are poor in the u.s. then you would be better off in Canada . Canada also has a lot of approved medicines , particularly in cancer related fields , which is another bonus for Canada .

That doesn't even come close to negating all the advantages the u.s. has . If you read the news daily , you will always read about someone going to the u.s. for treatment . That ranges from medical care all the way down to substance abuse treatment facilities . I have yet to read about a rich person going to Canada for treatment . I am sure it is possible , but it isn't a common occurance . That says enough on it's own .

Also the u.s. has 3 hospitals ranked in the top 5 worldwide .

FuriousFragnito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 FuriousFragnito
Moore is a liar though. He twists things and tries to make them suit his dumb stories. Canadians wait a lot longer for health care. The US system has its pros and cons, just like every other system.
mackreki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 mackreki
I might as well say i am done in this thread before it goes any further . I have no need to argue with self imposed know-it-all children .
spunk6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 spunk6
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

Seven years ago, the World Health Organization made the first major effort to rank the health systems of 191 nations. France and Italy took the top two spots; the United States was a dismal 37th.

More recently, the highly regarded Commonwealth Fund has pioneered in comparing the United States with other advanced nations through surveys of patients and doctors and analysis of other data. Its latest report, issued in May 2007, ranked the United States last or next-to-last compared with five other nations — Australia, Canada, Germany, New Zealand and the United Kingdom — on most measures of performance, including quality of care and access to it.

Other comparative studies also put the United States in a relatively bad light.

FuriousFragnito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 FuriousFragnito
[QUOTE="cosmostein77"][QUOTE="mackreki"]

mackreki

As for top notch...I guess you guys don't look at the World Health Organization rankings often...

Rumor ? I am a born Canadian just like yourself . There are areas in the country where wait times are not a problem , but that is far from the case in the majority of places there .

Oh the WHO... Lol . Please just stop it . Canada isn't even comparable to the u.s. in terms of health care . The only place Canada wins out is in the lower income bracket . If you are poor in the u.s. then you would be better off in Canada . Canada also has a lot of approved medicines , particularly in cancer related fields , which is another bonus for Canada .

That doesn't even come close to negating all the advantages the u.s. has . If you read the news daily , you will always read about someone going to the u.s. for treatment . That ranges from medical care all the way down to substance abuse treatment facilities . I have yet to read about a rich person going to Canada for treatment . I am sure it is possible , but it isn't a common occurance . That says enough on it's own .

Also the u.s. has 3 hospitals ranked in the top 5 worldwide .

That is because the US system favours rich people. In Canada, everyone is equal. So rich people, who can afford to just pay for proceedures can go down south to skip the wait process.

spunk6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 spunk6

1 more thing.

American health system is about making money

Canadian health system is about helping the sick

DreadStein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 DreadStein

Seven years ago, the World Health Organization made the first major effort to rank the health systems of 191 nations. France and Italy took the top two spots; the United States was a dismal 37th.

More recently, the highly regarded Commonwealth Fund has pioneered in comparing the United States with other advanced nations through surveys of patients and doctors and analysis of other data. Its latest report, issued in May 2007, ranked the United States last or next-to-last compared with five other nations — Australia, Canada, Germany, New Zealand and the United Kingdom — on most measures of performance, including quality of care and access to it.

Other comparative studies also put the United States in a relatively bad light.

spunk6

All true, Porto Rico is ranked higher then us.

DreadStein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 DreadStein

I might as well say i am done in this thread before it goes any further . I have no need to argue with self imposed know-it-all children .mackreki

Mackreki, your one of those people that doesn't like to be wrong, so you go to insult others as a way to unleash your anger. But here you are wrong, so deal with it like a man not a baby.

DreadStein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 DreadStein
[QUOTE="DreadStein"]

[QUOTE="mackreki"]I might as well say i am done in this thread before it goes any further . I have no need to argue with self imposed know-it-all children .mackreki

Mackreki, your one of those people that doesn't like to be wrong, so you go to insult others as a way to unleash your anger. But here you are wrong, so deal with it like a man not a baby.

I just had to come back because you are hilarious . Someone who says Porto Rico (lol!) has better health care than the u.s. should probably shoot himself in the head now .

And i certainly haven't been proven wrong . I am sure mommy is calling you for lunch so go run along before she gets all huffy and puffy .

See what did I say, you result to insulting people. That's sad. You need to get your emotions in check, you feel threatened so you attack the people that tell you something different, in this case the something different is the truth.

2pac_makaveli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 2pac_makaveli
Member since 2008 • 1681 Posts
becuz ur canadian come out with some of ur own games and sell them to america for 70$
mackreki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 mackreki
[QUOTE="mackreki"][QUOTE="DreadStein"]

[QUOTE="mackreki"]I might as well say i am done in this thread before it goes any further . I have no need to argue with self imposed know-it-all children .DreadStein

I just had to come back because you are hilarious . Someone who says Porto Rico (lol!) has better health care than the u.s. should probably shoot himself in the head now .

And i certainly haven't been proven wrong . I am sure mommy is calling you for lunch so go run along before she gets all huffy and puffy .

See what did I say, you result to insulting people. That's sad. You need to get your emotions in check, you feel threatened so you attack the people that tell you something different, in this case the something different is the truth.

Wow attacking people . No i am calling it like i see it . I have no need to feel threatened , as i have used facts , while everything you have said has been an opinion .

And really , am i supposed to listen to a kid who thinks Puerto Rico is Porto Rico ?

Avatar image for bigtimegamer413
bigtimegamer413

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#32 bigtimegamer413
Member since 2007 • 873 Posts

Why do we pay 10$ more for games when the currency is just about at par with the USA? 70$(the ammount games cost up north) is 69.4 american dollars... WTF this is stupid I don't wanna pay for games just because I live in Canada and they think they can make us think the currency is what it was in 2000.Lawnboi
Dude, I live in Canada. Where in the hell do you buy your games?!? I pay no more than $50.00 for new games. You're getting horribly ripped off.

And BTW, our healthcare isn't flawed. Its all these immigrants that are coming to our country and filling up our waiting rooms. That's why it takes so damn long for a doctor in Toronto. The more you get out of the bigger cities and come to a smaller city or town, its easy to get a doctor whenever.

The_Hippie_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 The_Hippie_God
Member since 2008 • 122 Posts
[QUOTE="DreadStein"][QUOTE="mackreki"][QUOTE="DreadStein"]

[QUOTE="mackreki"]I might as well say i am done in this thread before it goes any further . I have no need to argue with self imposed know-it-all children .mackreki

Wow attacking people . No i am calling it like i see it . I have no need to feel threatened , as i have used facts , while everything you have said has been an opinion .

And really , am i supposed to listen to a kid who thinks Puerto Rico is Porto Rico ?

Mack shut up...

He owned you to a new level

spunk6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 spunk6
lol you are actually such an idiot. You are saying facts and ours are opinion?? WHO World Health Report, Google search it you moron and you can see all the countries with better health care than the US and Costa Rica is 36 US is 37.

DreadStein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 DreadStein
[QUOTE="DreadStein"][QUOTE="mackreki"][QUOTE="DreadStein"]

So i misspelled, no ones perfect. And i'm not wrong your attacking me again, calling me a kid because of a mistake. You have not used facts, you've used things you've heard, I'm using things I've seen. I've had loved ones die because the healthcare companies didn't see thier illness as "fatal" enough. I speak the truth for I have seen it. I hope that it never happens to you, because it'll pull you out of your safe world where the american healthcare system works. When it actualy doesn't.

mackreki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 mackreki

[QUOTE="Lawnboi"]Why do we pay 10$ more for games when the currency is just about at par with the USA? 70$(the ammount games cost up north) is 69.4 american dollars... WTF this is stupid I don't wanna pay for games just because I live in Canada and they think they can make us think the currency is what it was in 2000.bigtimegamer413

Dude, I live in Canada. Where in the hell do you buy your games?!? I pay no more than $50.00 for new games. You're getting horribly ripped off.

And BTW, our healthcare isn't flawed. Its all these immigrants that are coming to our country and filling up our waiting rooms. That's why it takes so damn long for a doctor in Toronto. The more you get out of the bigger cities and come to a smaller city or town, its easy to get a doctor whenever.

Wow wow wow . Someone who actually knows what he is talking about . I applaud you .

It is still flawed though . Toronto alone makes up a huge % of population in Canada . There is no excuse for how horrendous the health care is in that city , and many other larger cities around the country .

We can do a quick comparison of Toronto and Boston Ma . Massachusetts also has free health care for everyone in a low income bracket . Boston also has some of the best medical facilities world wide , and a ton of renowned specialty institutes . There is no wait what so ever to see a doctor here .

2pac_makaveli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 2pac_makaveli
Member since 2008 • 1681 Posts
are u guys really fighting about health care systems? really?
bigtimegamer413

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 bigtimegamer413
[QUOTE="bigtimegamer413"]

[QUOTE="Lawnboi"]Why do we pay 10$ more for games when the currency is just about at par with the USA? 70$(the ammount games cost up north) is 69.4 american dollars... WTF this is stupid I don't wanna pay for games just because I live in Canada and they think they can make us think the currency is what it was in 2000.mackreki

Wow wow wow . Someone who actually knows what he is talking about . I applaud you .

It is still flawed though . Toronto alone makes up a huge % of population in Canada . There is no excuse for how horrendous the health care is in that city , and many other larger cities around the country .

We can do a quick comparison of Toronto and Boston Ma . Massachusetts also has free health care for everyone in a low income bracket . Boston also has some of the best medical facilities world wide , and a ton of renowned specialty institutes . There is no wait what so ever to see a doctor here .

I agree. Toronto's healthcare is horrendous. I don't care though, I live in a small city of a pop. of about 120,000. Hospitals are actually quite quiet around here.
SexyPorkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 SexyPorkins

[QUOTE="Lawnboi"]Why do we pay 10$ more for games when the currency is just about at par with the USA? 70$(the ammount games cost up north) is 69.4 american dollars... WTF this is stupid I don't wanna pay for games just because I live in Canada and they think they can make us think the currency is what it was in 2000.bigtimegamer413

Wait, wait, wait....Canada has immigrants? Seriously?

Sorry...it was just to good to pass up. :)

bigtimegamer413

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 bigtimegamer413
[QUOTE="bigtimegamer413"]

[QUOTE="Lawnboi"]Why do we pay 10$ more for games when the currency is just about at par with the USA? 70$(the ammount games cost up north) is 69.4 american dollars... WTF this is stupid I don't wanna pay for games just because I live in Canada and they think they can make us think the currency is what it was in 2000.SexyPorkins

Yeah, way too damn many. I know it sounds terrible, but I think the government should close it's doors and start shipping 'em back to wherever they came from... :P
Not2Nys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Not2Nys
Member since 2008 • 153 Posts
we pay more for our games because we get PAID more...
linktheworld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 linktheworld
[QUOTE="SexyPorkins"][QUOTE="bigtimegamer413"]

Yeah, way too damn many. I know it sounds terrible, but I think the government should close it's doors and start shipping 'em back to wherever they came from... :P

Where do they come from? Because I know Mexicans are not sneaking into the US just so they can go up to Canada!

mackreki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 mackreki
[QUOTE="bigtimegamer413"][QUOTE="SexyPorkins"][QUOTE="bigtimegamer413"]

[QUOTE="Lawnboi"]Why do we pay 10$ more for games when the currency is just about at par with the USA? 70$(the ammount games cost up north) is 69.4 american dollars... WTF this is stupid I don't wanna pay for games just because I live in Canada and they think they can make us think the currency is what it was in 2000.linktheworld

Where do they come from? Because I know Mexicans are not sneaking into the US just so they can go up to Canada!

The mexicans aren't the problem in Toronto. It is the asians and middle eastern immigrants .

linktheworld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 linktheworld
I thought Canadians were more friendly than that...dont you embrace every type of nationality?
mackreki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 mackreki

I thought Canadians were more friendly than that...dont you embrace every type of nationality?linktheworld

Of course . They aren't a problem in the sense that Canadians want them out of the country , well most anyway , but they have become an economic drain on the health care system . I don't think it is much of a problem outside of Toronto , and maybe a few other large cities . Mainly Toronto though .

larlarbd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 larlarbd
Member since 2006 • 120 Posts
Yo , I agree bro , two months ago it was 1CAD=1.10USD , so we practically should pay less , also ontario & some other province it's GST+PST almost 15% that adds to the cost , finally top developers in the world with high profile titles ( EA HQ , UBISOFT ) are based in Canada , so yeah it should be 45CAD$ flat rate for x360 & ps3 games .
Avatar image for deactivated-57af49c27f4e8
deactivated-57af49c27f4e8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#48 deactivated-57af49c27f4e8
Member since 2005 • 14149 Posts
i think i would almost rather live in canada and pay 10 dollars more for games. if mccain is elected, that is.
SexyPorkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 SexyPorkins

i think i would almost rather live in canada and pay 10 dollars more for games. if mccain is elected, that is.paullywog

It's better than putting the Anti-Christ in office (Obama).

elvis12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#50 elvis12345
Member since 2006 • 175 Posts

mackreki

Actually, Canada has some of the best doctors in the world. The same training as the U.S. In fact, many doctors from Canada go to work in the U.S.