Can you please tell me just one thing about MW3...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

6yadayada9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 6yadayada9
Member since 2011 • 89 Posts
Did they fix the awful respawning from MW2 in TDM? I mainly play TDM, don't care much about the other modes. MW2 was atrocious and fundamentally broken as far as respawning goes. I could never go forty steps without being shot from behind. I'm on the fence about picking up MW3, but if the respawning is still as bad as MW2 I'm gonna avoid it. Just from what I've seen in youtube vids though it looks a bit better. So... what say you? Cheers.
elpooz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 elpooz
Member since 2005 • 5883 Posts

Did they fix the awful respawning from MW2 in TDM? I mainly play TDM, don't care much about the other modes. MW2 was atrocious and fundamentally broken as far as respawning goes. I could never go forty steps without being shot from behind. I'm on the fence about picking up MW3, but if the respawning is still as bad as MW2 I'm gonna avoid it. Just from what I've seen in youtube vids though it looks a bit better. So... what say you? Cheers.6yadayada9

The spawn system in MW3 is worse, and probably the most annoying thing about the game. I could make a 5 minute montage of people spawning 2 feet from me after I had just killed them in TDM, Domination, Kill Confirmed and Team Defender. And there have been plenty of times where I've spawned with people right in front of me.

hotplayer220

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#3 hotplayer220
Member since 2004 • 1818 Posts
Its pretty crappy, but the best way to negate it really is just to slow yourself down, as the most common thing to do is sprint out and run away, thus getting mowed down by a corner camper. Slow is the way to go.
Gen007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 Gen007
Member since 2006 • 11006 Posts

Yeah i played a game of domination where people where putting claymores inside of me while i was still materializing. Hopefully this gives you just a small idea of how awful spawns are in MW3. It cant be helped really to with the maps being so small. So many things that they did with this game that ill never understand.

KSEfAN420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 KSEfAN420
Member since 2007 • 216 Posts

Slow is the way to go.hotplayer220

thats what she said..... but mw3 is no different from mw2.... spawning still sucks.. and the only thing that really changed was the way killstreaks work... if you bought the game good job on spending 60 bucks on an expantion pack lol...

MathMattS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

#6 MathMattS
Member since 2009 • 4012 Posts

Well, the multiplayer is basically a copy of the multiplayer in MW, MW2, WAW, and BO.

The best part of Modern Warfare 3 is the campaign, IMO. If you played and beat the campaigns of MW and MW2, this game is definitely worth at least a rental. It offers an explosive campaign that finishes out the story well.

Otherwise, if you're not interested in campaigns and just interested in multiplayer, I would look to Battlefield 3.

3dfd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#7 3dfd
Member since 2008 • 767 Posts

Well, the multiplayer is basically a copy of the multiplayer in MW, MW2, WAW, and BO.

The best part of Modern Warfare 3 is the campaign, IMO. If you played and beat the campaigns of MW and MW2, this game is definitely worth at least a rental. It offers an explosive campaign that finishes out the story well.

Otherwise, if you're not interested in campaigns and just interested in multiplayer, I would look to Battlefield 3.

MathMattS

Disagree!!! MP in Black Ops is way better than any of those others. TO ANYONE ABOUT TO GET MW3 WHO DOESNT ALREADY HAVE BLACK OPS GET BLACK OPS

Avatar image for HilbillyRokstar
HilbillyRokstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 HilbillyRokstar
Member since 2007 • 3236 Posts

[QUOTE="MathMattS"]

3dfd

Disagree!!! MP in Black Ops is way better than any of those others. TO ANYONE ABOUT TO GET MW3 WHO DOESNT ALREADY HAVE BLACK OPS GET BLACK OPS

Stop yelling.
SavageKantus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 SavageKantus
Member since 2011 • 84 Posts
[QUOTE="6yadayada9"]Did they fix the awful respawning from MW2 in TDM? I mainly play TDM, don't care much about the other modes. MW2 was atrocious and fundamentally broken as far as respawning goes. I could never go forty steps without being shot from behind. I'm on the fence about picking up MW3, but if the respawning is still as bad as MW2 I'm gonna avoid it. Just from what I've seen in youtube vids though it looks a bit better. So... what say you? Cheers.

It's not as bad as before. It's definitely better by a lot by my experience.
MathMattS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 MathMattS

[QUOTE="MathMattS"]

3dfd

I have both BO and MW3 and IMO, in both games the campaign is the best part. BO's multiplayer was a copy of MW1, MW2, and WAW.

To me, the campaign in COD games is the only thing that really changes substantially.

nightshadow137

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 nightshadow137
Member since 2011 • 75 Posts

[QUOTE="6yadayada9"]Did they fix the awful respawning from MW2 in TDM? I mainly play TDM, don't care much about the other modes. MW2 was atrocious and fundamentally broken as far as respawning goes. I could never go forty steps without being shot from behind. I'm on the fence about picking up MW3, but if the respawning is still as bad as MW2 I'm gonna avoid it. Just from what I've seen in youtube vids though it looks a bit better. So... what say you? Cheers.elpooz

The spawn system in MW3 is worse, and probably the most annoying thing about the game. I could make a 5 minute montage of people spawning 2 feet from me after I had just killed them in TDM, Domination, Kill Confirmed and Team Defender. And there have been plenty of times where I've spawned with people right in front of me.

that would be funny
6yadayada9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 6yadayada9
Well I broke... bought it. It's the marketing man, you can't get away from the game. Anyway, I've found that the respawning is MUCH MUCH improved from MW2 in TDM. In fact this game is actually balanced... I'm somewhat surprised to be honest. To me it's the best recent COD game so far (COD4 would win easily but the grenade spam is terrible). But Jesus this game really does feel like a MW2, just patched, balanced and fixed up. It's kinda ridiculous really. I'm definitely not buying another COD this gen, enough is enough.
wilko1971

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 wilko1971
Member since 2007 • 299 Posts

I really wouldn't bother with MW3 if you play TDM, I'm trading my copy in at the weekend. It's so broken it's unplayable

MathMattS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 MathMattS

I really wouldn't bother with MW3 if you play TDM, I'm trading my copy in at the weekend. It's so broken it's unplayable

wilko1971

Before you trade it in, if you're interested, play the campaign. It's about 5 and a half hours and it does a really nice job of concluding the Modern Warfare story with Soap and Price, the war with Russia, etc.

ASunGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 ASunGod
Member since 2011 • 48 Posts
Re-spawning isn't that bad. If you're looking for it to be good, you're not going to be happy. It's alright, there are just some weird respawn points.
Avatar image for scouttrooperbob
scouttrooperbob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#16 scouttrooperbob
Member since 2008 • 2439 Posts

Thats why i like search. Everything is a massive improvment from mw2 except quickscoping (way to easy) and spawning. They mad the MP more like MW1 witch is an automatic win. I hated black ops because the hit detection was jacked up.

z50macdaddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17 z50macdaddy
Member since 2010 • 498 Posts

its a CoD game. That it, thats all that is needed to be said

6yadayada9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 6yadayada9
I'm enjoying this game... but really, it feels like a patched up MW2! It feels like the game MW2 could have been had they patched up things like the spawning, nerfed explosives, not make Scavenger resupply claymores/nubetoobs etc and taken out or nerfed the BS perks. I like it... but damn I still feel kinda ripped off considering how similar it is. It really does feel like a copy/paste but just fixed up and more balanced (but I'm very grateful it's not broken anymore). Honestly the graphics even look a bit worse than MW2 - at least on the PS3 (that's the one I own). Also, is it just me or have they increased the aim assist significantly? I find it so easy to aim in this game. So far my KDR is over 2 on TDM and I'm only like level 30.
Avatar image for slantedandencha
slantedandencha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 slantedandencha
Member since 2005 • 367 Posts

the spawns felt broken when i was rushing a lot. slowed my pace and now they feel fine. this game is not for the rushers, that much i can tell you.

Jurassic85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Jurassic85
Member since 2010 • 2191 Posts
I back up what everyone has said, the spawns are terrible. Black Ops was my first CoD and it is extremely frustrating to learn new weapons and mechanics (in the MW series), when I am getting spawn killed all the time. It isn't even people who are spawn-trapping. Its just that the maps are fairly small so people are always right near me when I spawn, can't blame them.
wilko1971

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 wilko1971
Member since 2007 • 299 Posts

I finished the campaign - a little short but enjoyable, and I will probably but MW4 when it comes out to see where the story goes. Then if it is as bad as this one I will trade it in after the first weekend

Avatar image for HilbillyRokstar
HilbillyRokstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 HilbillyRokstar
Member since 2007 • 3236 Posts

I finished the campaign - a little short but enjoyable, and I will probably but MW4 when it comes out to see where the story goes. Then if it is as bad as this one I will trade it in after the first weekend

wilko1971
One word, RENT.