Can you explain?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for UmbrellaIncsSpy
UmbrellaIncsSpy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 UmbrellaIncsSpy
Member since 2011 • 37 Posts

So I have an Xbox 360, I bought it at lest 2 years ago. It's working pretty good but its got some glitches in it (as you would exspect a 2 year old and + system to be). What I want to know is would it be worth replacing for the new xbox. What's the difference? What are some things you get on it rather then the older one. Is it a good buy? You be the judge. ;D

DJ_Magneto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 DJ_Magneto
Member since 2008 • 4675 Posts
When you say glitches, what kind of problems are you having? Because if you're able to play games, why not just hold out to see if it actually crashes on you. Then decide on whether or not you want a new system.
UmbrellaIncsSpy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 UmbrellaIncsSpy

When you say glitches, what kind of problems are you having? Because if you're able to play games, why not just hold out to see if it actually crashes on you. Then decide on whether or not you want a new system.DJ_Magneto

It's hard to explain but basicly it plays the game but its very loud. It kind of sounds like its eatting the game. I have a feeling that it's nearing the end of its life. But yeah I know what you mean. I suppose I should wait. But I'd still like to learn the difference. :p

howerlh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 howerlh
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

The CD-ROM sound? if so add a hard disk...

Enid_Green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Enid_Green
Member since 2010 • 1261 Posts

So I have an Xbox 360, I bought it at lest 2 years ago. It's working pretty good but its got some glitches in it (as you would exspect a 2 year old and + system to be). What I want to know is would it be worth replacing for the new xbox. What's the difference? What are some things you get on it rather then the older one. Is it a good buy? You be the judge. ;D

UmbrellaIncsSpy

Absolutely no difference other than looks and wireless. Just hang onto your system until it dies.

UmbrellaIncsSpy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 UmbrellaIncsSpy

howerlh

I'm not quite sure what you mean. Can you explain?

UmbrellaIncsSpy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 UmbrellaIncsSpy

[QUOTE="UmbrellaIncsSpy"]

Enid_Green

Absolutely no difference other than looks and wireless. Just hang onto your system until it dies.

Heh. I guess it's not worth selling the other one. But just one question. What about the Kinect. Is it pointless?

DJ_Magneto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 DJ_Magneto
Member since 2008 • 4675 Posts

[QUOTE="howerlh"]

UmbrellaIncsSpy

What he's trying to explain to you is that the loud noise you hear from your Xbox when you play is the disc spinning. To do away with that, you can install your games on an Xbox Hard Drive or Hard Disk Drive as he tried to put it. When you install your game the data is loaded from your Hard Drive rather than from the spinning game disc. This leads to faster load times and a quieter and possibly cooler (temperature) Xbox. A note for this...If you do have a Hard Drive and you install the game, you will need the game in the disc drive, as confirmation that you do in fact own the game. This prevents people from buying or renting one game and installing it on as many consoles as they can. You still have to own the game despite installing it.
LustForSoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 LustForSoul
Member since 2011 • 6404 Posts
Install your games on the Hard Drive. Would be a waste of money to buy a new one just for that reason... I know mine makes a lot of sound even when installed sometimes, but once I'm into the game I barely notice anything.
UmbrellaIncsSpy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 UmbrellaIncsSpy

[QUOTE="UmbrellaIncsSpy"]

[QUOTE="howerlh"]

DJ_Magneto

What he's trying to explain to you is that the loud noise you hear from your Xbox when you play is the disc spinning. To do away with that, you can install your games on an Xbox Hard Drive or Hard Disk Drive as he tried to put it. When you install your game the data is loaded from your Hard Drive rather than from the spinning game disc. This leads to faster load times and a quieter and possibly cooler (temperature) Xbox. A note for this...If you do have a Hard Drive and you install the game, you will need the game in the disc drive, as confirmation that you do in fact own the game. This prevents people from buying or renting one game and installing it on as many consoles as they can. You still have to own the game despite installing it.

Ha. You know I always wondered how they knew you owned the game. I've installed games to my hard drive before I just never knew that it had so many benefits and I was always curious how they knew you had the game. Thanks for the tip.

UmbrellaIncsSpy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 UmbrellaIncsSpy

Install your games on the Hard Drive. Would be a waste of money to buy a new one just for that reason... I know mine makes a lot of sound even when installed sometimes, but once I'm into the game I barely notice anything. LustForSoul

Yeah I figure its a waste of money but its not the only things thats wrong with it. The CD Drive Tray doesn't open some of the time. You know small glitches here and there. But yeah like I said maybe not the best time to get a new system but just think for the future.