Can you delete XBOX account without deleting MS Account.

Mickeyminime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

User Lists: 0

#1 Mickeyminime
Member since 2008 • 1581 Posts

Does anyone know if its possible to delete an xbox account without deleting your microsoft email account?.

I have two email addresses, one used to be my main while the other used to be my backup. For the past year, its now the other way round. However, i found out today that my former backup email address also has an xbox account connected to it. I've not been able to find away to delete or change the email address from that account.

Is it even possible to delete it or change the email address because so far, i've not seen anything that allows me to do so.

Sergio_Pires

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2 Sergio_Pires
Member since 2022 • 39 Posts

@Mickeyminime:

It is possible because I did it (sort of). Essentially, you just need to change your email address for your XBL account which will leave you with an account that you want and use and another that you don't want and you do whatever.

I don't recall all of the details (sorry about that) but I did run into an issue where the other account had something tied to it. Eventually, I played a game of musical chairs with the accounts and got it to be the way I want it.

Mickeyminime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

User Lists: 0

#3 Mickeyminime
Member since 2008 • 1581 Posts

@sergio_pires: Thats ok, it seems like MS make it near impossible or just difficult to do something that should be simple. On PS, it's simple, you just go in to the setting either on the console or internet and simply change the email. I can even do it on steam, Xbox however is more chaotic. I can't find anything on the console that allows me to change it.

All i wanted to do is either delete my unused xbox account so i can put my used xbox account on what used to be my backup email address. God forbid why MS linked everything together. I understand why they did it, but when it comes to changing stuff, its a nightmare.