Can you change the e-mail attached to your parental controls without...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

gamermanps2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 gamermanps2
Member since 2006 • 1220 Posts

I set it back in october to my Moms email address but then in about february something happened to the address. I don't know what (might have been hacked, might have fallen out of the internet) but it's no longerrecognized. It's no big deal because all the setting were 'allow' but it's one of those things that you know is going to come up eventually and it bugs me. So I was wondering, is there any way to change the email address attached to my parental controls without being able to log into the old one.

I've been told to go to pass.net but thats no use and Idefinitelydon't want to start a new live account. Any ideas?

gamermanps2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 gamermanps2
Bump
djrobst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 djrobst
Member since 2007 • 2404 Posts
its probs been deteleted due to her not using it they only last so long before getting wiped if u never log in
gamermanps2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 gamermanps2

That's a possibility I guess, it was a hotmail address.

So what happens if your parental controls are set with that address?

Also is there any reason to use you parental controls email if you've made them all 'allow' (e.g. you don't need it to buy subscription or anything right?)

gamermanps2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 gamermanps2
You see I've never had to buy any subscription because I've only had live about 8 months.
gamermanps2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 gamermanps2
Sorry I have to triple post to bump.
-eddy-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 -eddy-
Member since 2006 • 11443 Posts
I take it you have a "child-account"? The parental settings should stop bothering you by the time your GT's "age" reaches 18. I don't mean you have to use it for 18 years, but the D.O.B age you set reaches it. Then you can promote it to a proper account.
It probably won't cause any problems anyways. Expect that "Child-accounts suck"..
How old are you?
izzy_stradlin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 izzy_stradlin
Member since 2006 • 55 Posts
I think i have a solution, if the old email adress is still controling your options, but the email address no longer works, its a simple fix, remake the same email account. But im pretty sure if the email address isnt working because it hasnt been used, you can go to like windowslive and re-activate the account
Spontaneouss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Spontaneouss
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
go on the xbox live website (http://www.xbox.com/en-us/live/ ) and sign in. click on your portrait at the top to go to your account page on the right where it says manage profile, click it where it says gamer profile on the right at the top of the list click on family settings. sign in as the parent or whoever it was who said ok to the child haveing the account and change the settings there to comply to the adult using the account