Can we get banned from Xbox Live if we have lots of bad player reviews?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

orrytur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 orrytur
Member since 2004 • 1682 Posts
Hi, I was just wondering, what happends if we get lots of bad reviews? Do we get banned?? THANKS!
Conveant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 Conveant
Member since 2008 • 539 Posts

I believe you asked a similar question last night, which I also answered and included this as part of that answer.
If you didn't see my answer then the answer is no. File complaints are the only way a person will be banned (Excluding a figure such as "Marcus" appearing in online matches to monitor rules haven't been broken). Player reviews only damage your chance of getting in matches with people who have marked you as negative.

orrytur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 orrytur
how can we use the complaints?
Conveant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 Conveant
Member since 2008 • 539 Posts
how can we use the complaints?orrytur

When you visit a persons gamecard you will see the options on the bottom of the card showing "Submit Player Review" and "File Complaint".

If you click on the "File Complaint" option you will be asked if your reason to submit this complaint complies with Xbox 360 Termsn and conditions. If you abuse this system then you will be liable to be suspended off Xbox Live for being more trouble than those you complained about.

After accepting your complaint is valid (If it is) then choose the correct column what your complaint will file under (Random complaints will still let you be liable to be suspended for general abuse of the system) and ensure you choose the correct sub-column.

Once more abusing the system in ways such as submiting a complaint when the person you are targiting has done nothing wrong, or you choose a random complaint because you haven't tried to think what their offence may be under.
orrytur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 orrytur
[QUOTE="orrytur"]how can we use the complaints?Conveant

When you visit a persons gamecard you will see the options on the bottom of the card showing "Submit Player Review" and "File Complaint".

If you click on the "File Complaint" option you will be asked if your reason to submit this complaint complies with Xbox 360 Termsn and conditions. If you abuse this system then you will be liable to be suspended off Xbox Live for being more trouble than those you complained about.

After accepting your complaint is valid (If it is) then choose the correct column what your complaint will file under (Random complaints will still let you be liable to be suspended for general abuse of the system) and ensure you choose the correct sub-column.

Once more abusing the system in ways such as submiting a complaint when the person you are targiting has done nothing wrong, or you choose a random complaint because you haven't tried to think what their offence may be under.

OK thanks and another question, what if a player file compalints me just for fun and for no reson? will I get banned just because of these players?
blackmagic037

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 blackmagic037
Member since 2006 • 1426 Posts
If you get enough of them from different people yes. Kinda stupid huh? But I'm also told that before you are banned *not suspended* there is someone that checks up on you and sees if you play nice with others.
TheGun112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 TheGun112
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

If you get enough of them from different people yes. Kinda stupid huh? But I'm also told that before you are banned *not suspended* there is someone that checks up on you and sees if you play nice with others.blackmagic037

That's pretty scary man. I think i'll be nice on XBL from now on :D

blackmagic037

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 blackmagic037
Member since 2006 • 1426 Posts
I know right lol. Oh well though.
Avatar image for Shadowalker1191
Shadowalker1191

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Shadowalker1191
Member since 2007 • 98 Posts
In short review, Reviews Good or Bad = No Bad Complaint, Enough = Possible Ban.
orrytur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 orrytur
In short review, Reviews Good or Bad = No Bad Complaint, Enough = Possible Ban.Shadowalker1191
How can I see if I have complaints or not?
shaunchgo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 shaunchgo
Member since 2006 • 4605 Posts
If you have a lot of complaints, it would be nice to see those people get baned or suspended. Who wants to play with a bunch of idiots?
orrytur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 orrytur
If you have a lot of complaints, it would be nice to see those people get baned or suspended. Who wants to play with a bunch of idiots?shaunchgo
I don't want to play with idiots neither, but when you enter the game, you never know and when you quit they give you bad stuff.
Covenant117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 Covenant117
Member since 2008 • 76 Posts
I'm not sure, but I seriously doubt it cuz once I got alot of bad reviews cuz I wouldn't start the match in gears of war.:| But nothing happened. Also like after a year of playing countless other matches and games, my rating never went back up...The whole player-review system doesn't seem to work too well. I think its only so you won't get matched up with that person when you play online.
thegame458

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#14 thegame458
Member since 2006 • 1326 Posts
IDK how much complaints I have but 78% of the people avoided me because when I play video games, I like talking bad about the other team because it gives me a better competitive edge.
Avatar image for Simulator_Shock
Simulator_Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -4

#15 Simulator_Shock
Member since 2006 • 1699 Posts
I don't know too much about how the whole "bad rep" thing works, but I've only filed a complaint on one person and it was some dumbass french kid I was playing with who suddenly started to bad mouth me for no reason. I will admit I cursed him out too but then I filed a complaint against him and never saw him ever again. Im willing to bet he got banned not too long from that, probably because he did the same thing to other people. This was like 4 years ago tho on the first Xbox....
dukebd699

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#16 dukebd699
Member since 2006 • 12054 Posts

I believe you asked a similar question last night, which I also answered and included this as part of that answer.
If you didn't see my answer then the answer is no. File complaints are the only way a person will be banned (Excluding a figure such as "Marcus" appearing in online matches to monitor rules haven't been broken). Player reviews only damage your chance of getting in matches with people who have marked you as negative.

Conveant
What he said is 100% correct.
chadurwalla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#17 chadurwalla
Member since 2005 • 117 Posts
You can also get banned for modding your 360 to play "backup" ;) games, if they catch you that is.
gutswing1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#18 gutswing1995
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
Hello erm.guys..pls respond to this..i know it may not be relevant but..will we get banned from xbox live if we are using a modded xbox 360?
yungog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 yungog
Member since 2008 • 731 Posts
Hello erm.guys..pls respond to this..i know it may not be relevant but..will we get banned from xbox live if we are using a modded xbox 360?gutswing1995
yes you can,if you connect to live and microsoft find out your playing a copied game they will permanently ban your console from connecting to live and maybe your gamertag
greatballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 greatballs
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts
i dont bad mouth poeple but 35% of people still avoid me. some people use the complaints and say your unsportsmen like if you kick there ass to badly.
mrgab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

User Lists: 1

#21 mrgab
Member since 2005 • 23329 Posts
Wonder how many complaints does it take - I know for a fact this one guy used hate speech in a private message to me and another, he at least got 7 complaints for that and he's still gaming. And did not effect his 5 star's at all.
raylewisnfl52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 raylewisnfl52
Member since 2005 • 7146 Posts
no you cant cause xbox magizen did a study and had people report them and they actually did do bad stuff and got there rating to 20% positive and they didnt get a suspension or anything.
BR_Ninja1102

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#23 BR_Ninja1102
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

microsoft really doesn't care. its just if you get more than 100 or 1000 complaints then you have a problem

speedo81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 speedo81
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
I was also wondering if somebody moded their gamertag like on call of duty modern warefare 2. There are people with xbox360 buttons on there gamertag
mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

User Lists: 1

#25 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts

nope that doesnt even work ,,

as i avoided some one and still ended up in a match with them later on ,

it just makes it less likely ,

to you being put with that person ,,

thats all it does

for example if i prefered you , id probably get in a match with you more easier then if i avoided you -have to be playing the same game obviously but thats how it works ,

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#26 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts

if i had to guess i would say a person has to get a good amount of complaints between a certain timeframe and from different gamertags to get banned.