Can I get some opinions on my game?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

tanaka_k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#1 tanaka_k
Member since 2006 • 246 Posts

Hey guys I'm an indie designer for XBLIG. If possible could some of you look at this vid and tell me if the game looks good?

http://www.youtube.com/user/gameDesignerAlpha

If Im not allow to post links to my own game forum mods feel free to delete my post (never saw anything saying I couldnt do this and it is an xbox 360 game so this seems like the right section).

Xeros606

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Xeros606
Member since 2007 • 11126 Posts

To be honest it looks like one big, confusing, cluster**** but it also looks way better than anything I have ever programmed in my life.

Chickan_117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#3 Chickan_117
Member since 2009 • 16327 Posts

Awwww, I thought we would be able to play it.

As posted above it looks very confusing. It wasn't until about half way thru that I actualy figured out what was going on. You're the ship in the middle firing ... hang on no I'm still confused. Are the orange/blue things bullets or the jet? and what's with the solid line thing?

Also is this being developed for X360? If not you should probably post it in the generic games thread or a blog and not here

http://au.gamespot.com/pages/forums/show_topics.php?board_id=314159266&tag=general-forums%3Btitle%3B3

Elian2530

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Elian2530
Member since 2009 • 3658 Posts
Same as others. I'm confused. But I'm happy that you're looking into game designing. Keep it up bro.
tanaka_k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 tanaka_k

Well you can change the direction of bullets after they leave your gun... if that makes any sense. So with the press of a button the bullets will go foward or back. Depending the mod you equip you may control bullets in different ways. You should be able to play it in a few weeks, the trial will be free :) I'm just trying to get some first impressions. I guess the feedback in not all that bad, but more, wtf is going on? Dont worry it will have a tutorial.

tanaka_k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 tanaka_k

"Also is this being developed for X360? If not you should probably post it in the generic games thread or a blog and not here"

Yes, for XBLIG. The indie game service on xbox360. Its not a retail title, but yes it will be on the xbox 360. Havent had the thread locked yet so guess I'm ok, but I'll try to do it the right way next time, just post on my own profile I guess.

Snipes_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 Snipes_2
Member since 2009 • 17126 Posts

Looks interesting, why do the bullets and stuff change colors though. I think that's what made it confusing. I was like "Woah, Psychedelic" :P

adamlovesu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 adamlovesu
Member since 2010 • 829 Posts

do you have some keys so we can try out the title?

tanaka_k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 tanaka_k

do you have some keys so we can try out the title?

adamlovesu

No promo codes, yet. Need to get the game through peer review which should take another 2-3 weeks. But I guess it would be a good idea to give out some codes to get the word out on the game. I really need to work on the promo side, because very few people even know my game exists. The trial mode will give you the first 5 levels and it will only be 80MSP; so you wont break the bank on my game :D I could see giving away 10-20 codes to try to get the word out, or that could have no impact. I really have no clue (this is the first game I've even worked on to completion, I'm a total newbie when it comes to the promo side of things).

tanaka_k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 tanaka_k

Sorry:

Trial = free 5 levels.

Full = 80MSP, 25 levels.

Wakanoid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Wakanoid
Member since 2009 • 4468 Posts
I don't get what's going on...
Metedea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Metedea
Member since 2009 • 311 Posts

It looks kinda clusterf***ish but fun.

wwervin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#13 wwervin
Member since 2003 • 10274 Posts
It's very strange looking.. If I buy a game I wanna feel a level of control between the buttons I'm pressing and what's happening on the screen and I feel like you wouldn't really get that in this game since it's too confusing to tell what's going on. I would change up some of the colors and things like that.
dorkvoid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 dorkvoid
Member since 2010 • 90 Posts

OMG, I'm having a seizure.

tanaka_k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 tanaka_k

It's very strange looking.. If I buy a game I wanna feel a level of control between the buttons I'm pressing and what's happening on the screen and I feel like you wouldn't really get that in this game since it's too confusing to tell what's going on. I would change up some of the colors and things like that.wwervin

I can understand that. You know what... I should probably show some more vids that show the equipment system... The thing is you can equip your ship with different mods/weapons/ammo. So not all weapons are as confusing as that. Dual sabers are very easy to use for example, you just spin in the direction you want to hit, and you can spam ammo without using mods if you wish. The trial will be free, so you are saying based on that vid you would still not even try a free trial (that will have a tutorial)?

stealthedhawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16 stealthedhawk
Member since 2010 • 157 Posts
youtube so slow today =/
tanaka_k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 tanaka_k

youtube so slow today =/stealthedhawk

Yeah, noticed that too :(

Just wanted to say the game does run at 60FPS on the xbox 360. There is only slight slow down during some heavy pixel effects at times, but its a much smoother game then the videos make it out to be.

Snipes_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Snipes_2
Member since 2009 • 17126 Posts

[QUOTE="wwervin"]It's very strange looking.. If I buy a game I wanna feel a level of control between the buttons I'm pressing and what's happening on the screen and I feel like you wouldn't really get that in this game since it's too confusing to tell what's going on. I would change up some of the colors and things like that.tanaka_k

I can understand that. You know what... I should probably show some more vids that show the equipment system... The thing is you can equip your ship with different mods/weapons/ammo. So not all weapons are as confusing as that. Dual sabers are very easy to use for example, you just spin in the direction you want to hit, and you can spam ammo without using mods if you wish. The trial will be free, so you are saying based on that vid you would still not even try a free trial (that will have a tutorial)?

I would definitely try out the trial. I've played almost every Demo on Xbox Live. Can't say I've played every Indie Games Demo though.
xxxchopsakexxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 xxxchopsakexxx
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

Hey guys I'm an indie designer for XBLIG. If possible could some of you look at this vid and tell me if the game looks good?

tanaka_k

It looks like it has potential, but right now it's a bit confusing and hard to tell what's going on. Maybe make it less chaotic?

TrapMuzik92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 TrapMuzik92
Member since 2009 • 3424 Posts
TBH I'd have a seizure playing that game
TrapMuzik92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 TrapMuzik92
Member since 2009 • 3424 Posts
Better then anything ive done tho
wwervin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#22 wwervin
Member since 2003 • 10274 Posts

[QUOTE="wwervin"]It's very strange looking.. If I buy a game I wanna feel a level of control between the buttons I'm pressing and what's happening on the screen and I feel like you wouldn't really get that in this game since it's too confusing to tell what's going on. I would change up some of the colors and things like that.tanaka_k

I didn't say I wouldn't try it out if it was free I just said based on what I saw it was a bit confusing.
tanaka_k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 tanaka_k

[QUOTE="tanaka_k"]

[QUOTE="wwervin"]It's very strange looking.. If I buy a game I wanna feel a level of control between the buttons I'm pressing and what's happening on the screen and I feel like you wouldn't really get that in this game since it's too confusing to tell what's going on. I would change up some of the colors and things like that.wwervin

I didn't say I wouldn't try it out if it was free I just said based on what I saw it was a bit confusing.

Ok, I get what you are saying there. I guess thats what the trial mode is for! The first level is a tutorial that you can replay and it just has bullets. I also made sure that the first couple levels are a bit easier, so people have a change to get a handle on the controls.