• 52 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

MrMe1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 MrMe1000
Member since 2007 • 2215 Posts

Don'y you guys just love it? Laying prone looking down a long alley and instant killing everything that steps foot in. Camping is the best!

narog84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#2 narog84
Member since 2006 • 1126 Posts

usually campers don't get the highestscore

DranzarTypeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 DranzarTypeF
Member since 2009 • 2623 Posts

This thread can turn out either two ways...doesn't look that good right now.

MrMe1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 MrMe1000
Member since 2007 • 2215 Posts

Say that to the nuke.

67gt500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#5 67gt500
Member since 2003 • 4627 Posts
Camping's better than running around like a spastic, amphetamine-fuelled Chimpanzee I suppose...
Avatar image for kimi_da_iceman2
kimi_da_iceman2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#6 kimi_da_iceman2
Member since 2006 • 1298 Posts

Don't feed the troll.

Wakanoid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 Wakanoid
Member since 2009 • 4468 Posts

Don't feed the troll.

kimi_da_iceman2
But hes starving..
x8VXU6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#8 x8VXU6
Member since 2008 • 3411 Posts

I move around and gun ppl down, play with me u will get hurt

JU5T1N-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 JU5T1N-
Member since 2010 • 135 Posts

If you suck so bad that you can't figure out where he's sitting after he kills you 2 or 3 times then I feel sorry for you.

There's nothing wrong with campers, its a better stradegy than running around aimlessly so that they're easier for you kill.

SaltyMeatballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#10 SaltyMeatballs
Member since 2009 • 25165 Posts
I suppose lightweight + tactical knife = the real way to play!!!!!!!!!!!!?
MasterSpaceman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 MasterSpaceman
Member since 2009 • 260 Posts

Firstly, campings not bad. Snipers camp.
That's why it's so satisfying to No-Scope somebody.. because it's either pure luck or pure skill. Usually the first one.
If you run around as a sniper, you're going to die. Time and time again.

Also, I saw someone say "If you can't figure out where he is after he kills you 2-3 times, it's your fault."
Truth.
If he's camping in area where there is a flank, find it and kill him. Make him scream at his TV because you stopped him just before he got his AC130.
If there isn't a flank and it's a dead end, don't run down it.
Or, alternatively, spam.
Grenades or Semtex, Preferably.
Or do the smart thing and throw a flashbang in there first.

On top of that there are countless other ways to kill a camper.
Predator missiles for example.
All you gotta do is go elsewhere and camp your or hold your ground.. Get 5 kills. Simple. Or 4 and lucky as hell with a Care Package.

Shotguns are another method, preferably Akimbo shotguns.. Because you can fire them both off and drop him before he's got a chance to unload on you.

If you keep running into a campers line of fire without considering what to do and actually using the tools the game has put at your disposal.. Then it is your own fault.

I don't camp too hard.. but if I find a nice spot where the enemies are pouring in a tiny corridor time and time again, I might just hold my ground for a little and mow em down. Then someone comes up behind me and if I'm not quick enough, I die.
Campers don't last very long these days.

Lostboy1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#12 Lostboy1224
Member since 2007 • 3425 Posts
The better teams I have played against have not "camped" but more like locked down a part of the map. Its hard to get around or through a location when you have 4 guys shooting at you. I can usually handle the lone wolf, but 3-4 guys is tricky.
nate_c-12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 nate_c-12
Member since 2008 • 3072 Posts
[QUOTE="kimi_da_iceman2"]

Don't feed the troll.

Wakanoid
But hes starving..

Then let him go hungry.
salxis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 salxis
Member since 2009 • 4280 Posts
UAV, Heartbeat, Kill Cam, Flash Bang, Grenade, Tube, Flank, camp it yourself there are so many ways to counter it it's not even funny.
wikkiwild1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 wikkiwild1
Member since 2005 • 188 Posts

The only time I see camping as a problem if the entire team is doing it. Or both teams. The team that camps usually looses the match as your locations are easy to find.

Wakanoid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Wakanoid
Member since 2009 • 4468 Posts
[QUOTE="Wakanoid"][QUOTE="kimi_da_iceman2"]

Don't feed the troll.

nate_c-12
But hes starving..

Then let him go hungry.

Hes also thirsty... Also @ master spaceman, the worst is when you have 3 people in a room camping each corner, so if you go into the room You can only take out 1, and actually if you know where a guy is your still proably gonna get shot down before you can kill him because theres 3 guys = 3x the firepower, and maybe a random guy running around.
craigalan23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 craigalan23
Member since 2006 • 15879 Posts

narog84
Wrong they almost always do. All they have to do is camp long enough to get their killstreaks and after that it's easy to get the highest score. I do a bit of both and I'm not ashamed of it. It just matters what map I'm on, which part of the map they spawned me at, or what I'm using. Whenever I play Ground War the camping team almost always wins. I watched multiple people run to A in domination and they all got slaughtered. The people that were camping over there got Predator missiles which gave them their harriers and etc.
Avatar image for deactivated-5e9357e99ffb8
deactivated-5e9357e99ffb8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#18 deactivated-5e9357e99ffb8
Member since 2007 • 1255 Posts
[QUOTE="narog84"]

craigalan23
Wrong they almost always do. All they have to do is camp long enough to get their killstreaks and after that it's easy to get the highest score. I do a bit of both and I'm not ashamed of it. It just matters what map I'm on, which part of the map they spawned me at, or what I'm using. Whenever I play Ground War the camping team almost always wins. I watched multiple people run to A in domination and they all got slaughtered. The people that were camping over there got Predator missiles which gave them their harriers and etc.

Domination is a bit different than Deathmatch. I let people get caught in firefights around the map while i go after ABC, camping in domination is smart because you want to protect your position. But camping in deathmatch just wont work as well. Me and my friends play deathmatch all the time, and one of us always camps(Not me). i tend to run a gun everything. Sure i wont have the 13-0 score my friend got, but ill have 25+ kills to help my team win. I'd prefer to contribute well to the final score.
tomrocks666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 tomrocks666
Member since 2005 • 3569 Posts

camping sucks, i never camp for too long, if i find somewhere that gets me a few kills ill stay there to get like my first killstreak reward and then move on because im bound to get killed there now they know im there. i hate people that camp with a sniper more than people who camp with an assault rifle becuase snipers just ruin the fun as you cant get to them or theyll kill you. its bullcrap. camping doesnt really work for me anyway, i prefer to run around, get some kills, hold my ground then move on.

BostonDieNasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 BostonDieNasty
Member since 2008 • 742 Posts

narog84
campers dont get the high score but they get the best kdr which is all that really matters.. ide rather go 10-1 then 40-34 any day
SaltyMeatballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 SaltyMeatballs
Member since 2009 • 25165 Posts

[QUOTE="craigalan23"][QUOTE="narog84"]

Hobbsey07

Domination is a bit different than Deathmatch. I let people get caught in firefights around the map while i go after ABC, camping in domination is smart because you want to protect your position. But camping in deathmatch just wont work as well. Me and my friends play deathmatch all the time, and one of us always camps(Not me). i tend to run a gun everything. Sure i wont have the 13-0 score my friend got, but ill have 25+ kills to help my team win. I'd prefer to contribute well to the final score.

Even when you don't camp people will complain about you camping. In Search and Destroy people do this a lot, but really, when you have to defend 2 bombs and have one life there is not much you can do.

If you move from cover to cover, then kill someone, people will call you a camper. You can't escape it just because they suck.

Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#22 Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts
Yay for trolls looking for attention.
Overlord93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Overlord93
Member since 2007 • 12602 Posts

camping is all you can do in this game, if you dont want to get ass raped by the spawns...and IW put the HBS in to make the job even easier

sLiPz1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 sLiPz1984
Member since 2003 • 227 Posts
Two words for a room full of campers. DANGER CLOSE!
TheMightyHoov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 TheMightyHoov
Member since 2009 • 2459 Posts

Camping doesnt work in the long run.You dont actually get anybetter.

But go ahead, campers dont live long around me anyway.

Campers=Easy kills

MaChaorules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#26 MaChaorules
Member since 2005 • 4951 Posts
camping isn't that great of a tactic but patrolling an area and play more defensive works well. People assume that you're camping though because you killed them twice in relatively the same area. I don't hate people who camp though because i do it on certain maps and basically everyone does it, they just don't realize it.
firefox59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 firefox59
Member since 2005 • 4530 Posts
[QUOTE="Wakanoid"][QUOTE="kimi_da_iceman2"]

Don't feed the troll.

But hes starving..

Best reply I've seen in awhile.
MadVybz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 MadVybz
Member since 2009 • 2797 Posts

It's rather obvious that anyone who complains about camping only plays Team Deathmatch and Free-For-All.

Just to clear things up, MW2 has more than 2 game modes.

jekyll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 145

#29 jekyll
Member since 2002 • 9140 Posts

Who cares about campers? It's the killstreak/nuke boosters who ruin the game, and today has seen them in full force. I played several hours and at least half my matches had boosters, some more than one set. I'll take campers any day over two little babies who abuse tactical insert so they can go tell the girl they sit next to in algebra class how cool they are because they got a nuke in MW2.

MadVybz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 MadVybz
Member since 2009 • 2797 Posts

Who cares about campers? It's the killstreak/nuke boosters who ruin the game, and today has seen them in full force. I played several hours and at least half my matches had boosters, some more than one set. I'll take campers any day over two little babies who abuse tactical insert so they can go tell the girl they sit next to in algebra class how cool they are because they got a nuke in MW2.

jekyll

Same.

Especially in free-for-all. A mode where it's supposed to be EVERY MAN FOR HIMSELF.

I really don't know what IW was thinking when they allowed party chat and invites in FFA.

jekyll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 145

#31 jekyll
Member since 2002 • 9140 Posts

[QUOTE="jekyll"]

MadVybz

Same.

Especially in free-for-all. A mode where it's supposed to be EVERY MAN FOR HIMSELF.

I really don't know what IW was thinking when they allowed party chat and invites in FFA.

And then I have to deal with two fallouts:

1. When I hunt them mercilessly,somethen have the nerve to tell me to "leave us alone, we're boosting."
  2. WhenI call out to everyone's attention that boosters are present, there are people who actually tell me to stop whining and it's "just a game", which it is, butI don't think anyone buys a game at the store and says, "boy, I hopethe onlinegame is ruined by incessant, non-stop cheating!"
James161324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 James161324
Member since 2009 • 8315 Posts

camping is why i have played s/d lately

Ghost_702

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Ghost_702
Member since 2006 • 7405 Posts
I actually do like campers. Especially since I play mostly search and destroy. I know where my teammates are dying and know the camper's exact location, along with where he will most likely be the next round. Normally easy kills.
yentar480

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 yentar480
Member since 2007 • 5066 Posts
That's why there are noob tubes and rocket propelled grenades.
PhailBob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 PhailBob
Member since 2009 • 48 Posts

Campers get flamed like crazy :P so no.

doughb0y

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 doughb0y
Member since 2009 • 57 Posts

Well i can't say i don't camp cause sometimes i do but i dont realy get annoyed by people camping because if i notice it i will come back and hunt them down ( basicly wish they had moved ) :D

All depends the mood though... Sometimes i camp. Sometimes i run around carelessly. Sometimes im just trying new setups and KD/R doesnt matter as long as i get the defenite result im looking for.

But when im in the zone camp or no camp my KD/R is good.

guitardude1243

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#37 guitardude1243
Member since 2008 • 647 Posts

Doesn't matter so much to me, game-types like Headquarters and Domination would require some camping if you asked me.

firefox59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 firefox59
Member since 2005 • 4530 Posts

Campers get flamed like crazy :P so no.

PhailBob
Yeah but campers live off of flaming, its their energy source.
ExpiredGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 ExpiredGhost
Member since 2010 • 528 Posts
I camp but I tend to move around to different camping spots.
Overlord93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Overlord93
Member since 2007 • 12602 Posts

I camp but I tend to move around to different camping spots. ExpiredGhost

I call that being a gypsy, camp on down...suck the neighbourhood dry, then when the villagers get rowdy, you move on to another location :P

Samslayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#41 Samslayer
Member since 2005 • 1852 Posts

I think there is a big difference between holding a strategic area of the map and camping. Derail for instance, if I'm in a group we always try to gain the center building, and cover the entrances. We will get accused of camping from time to time with this tactic, but it isn't cutting corners in just a highly protected area.

I personally think that "camping" tactics usually leads to higher K/D ratios and in most cases wins. However, camping is extremely boring. That is why I've been using the run and knife tactics for the last week or two. It is really hurting my KD ratio, but it is so much fun!

GaMeR_Willz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 GaMeR_Willz
Member since 2008 • 1050 Posts

I am more of a run and gun person, but after I heard about advantages of camping (getting more kills) I feel more likely to camp more.

OfficialBed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 OfficialBed
Member since 2005 • 17668 Posts

Campers are lame. They are too afraid to get into a gun fight so they hide in the corner scared.

n33d2skate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 n33d2skate
Member since 2009 • 5069 Posts
Camping is for people who are too afraid to actually face the opponet head on, so they hide.
n33d2skate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 n33d2skate
Member since 2009 • 5069 Posts
The only people that should camp are snipers since snipers don't usually go right into the action
chaoz-king

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 chaoz-king
Member since 2005 • 5956 Posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKURfkJbczc

Don't know if someone post this yet but here...

xAcCeSs_DeNiEd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 xAcCeSs_DeNiEd
Member since 2009 • 43 Posts

find the campers hide behind them send them a message "behind you" then give them some of their medicine.

chelseaman99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#48 chelseaman99
Member since 2009 • 229 Posts

Sniping isn't camping. I love camp sniping. Take a kill, move on, plant your other claymore too protect your ass, take a kill, swap to secondary weapon.

obsessionman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 obsessionman
Member since 2009 • 73 Posts

Flaming marshmallows in the Campers tents... or maybe a frag

superapo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#50 superapo
Member since 2009 • 1714 Posts

camping on some maps is a good strategy especially on terminal in the cockpit of the plane