Call Of Duty 4 VS HALO 3

• 136 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

stones42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 stones42
Member since 2007 • 31 Posts

Halo will probably sell more but both games will be great. I am also really intrigued for COD4's multiplayer.

Does anyone know how the COD4 BETA will be distributed?

BreakingPoint8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#52 BreakingPoint8
Member since 2007 • 3347 Posts
I'll be buying both the day they come out. Unlike some of you, I can enjoy more then one game at a time. Even if it cuts into my Mass Effect playing time.
-Shrubs-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 -Shrubs-
Member since 2007 • 329 Posts

I'll definitely be getting COD4 as soon as it's out. Not sure about Halo though. I'm sure plenty of my friends will be getting it though, so I'll just try it out and see what I think.

acidic_dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#54 acidic_dude
Member since 2003 • 1713 Posts
This is such a hard decision Im getting both games.
noobkiller205

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 noobkiller205
Member since 2007 • 236 Posts
Yeh Im defiently buying halo 3 only because this is the first time call of duty is doing a modern warfare game and the halo series has never let me down.
BobZany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#56 BobZany
Member since 2004 • 1407 Posts

I've had Halo 3 pre-ordered for awhile now. I might just rent COD 4 to see how it is, and how much it's changed fundamentally from the WW2 based games. And how it differs from other modern combat based shooters. I liked the first two, though the second was the one game that put me firmly into the "done with WW2 games" category.

The thing is, they're changing to another sub-genre I'm getting equally tired of.

bknigga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 bknigga
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts

Halo will probably sell more but both games will be great. I am also really intrigued for COD4's multiplayer.

Does anyone know how the COD4 BETA will be distributed?

stones42

After playing both betas, COD4 wins hands down, unfourtainitly I dont think there is enough COD fans to break halo 3. I have been looking forward to halo 3 since halo 2 ended, and Im not even looking forward to it anymore. Im going to get it, because everyone is going to get it. And because I made 3 of my playstationfanboys buy a 360 over the ps3 because of halo 3. But COD4 in my eyes is the winner. I will play halo 3 because all my friends will and we'll have a clan in do matches in that kind of thing. But once they've got to bed or w.e... Thats what im loooking forward to; putting in that COD4.
ronnie_m17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 ronnie_m17
Member since 2006 • 4014 Posts
i like halo more
Shade-Blade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Shade-Blade
Member since 2007 • 4930 Posts
I think Im looking forward to the singleplayer of Halo 3 more because I know whats going on. With CoD4 its different, which is good, but I dont know whats going on. CoD4's multiplayer will be better too me cause Ive always loved CoD multi over Halo cause I never really played Halo 2 online and I always played CoD3
The_Rayzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 The_Rayzor
Member since 2003 • 467 Posts
It's a tie for me, one game is a futuristic shooter and another is a modern day shooter, very different in my opinion, but i'll be playing both.
shaneras

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#61 shaneras
Member since 2003 • 1346 Posts

Neither... MASS EFFECT

stygiansanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 stygiansanity
Member since 2005 • 3183 Posts
I'll be picking up Halo 3 because it will live up to the hype
ChunkyCornPoop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 ChunkyCornPoop
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

Sry but Halo happens to b the number 1 overtaed game in the world. dont get me wrong its a great game but is by know means the best their is. Call of Duty 4 is amzing. It has soo many cool features on line just blew me away. it even has that kill cam wit is alsome to kill those nigaz camping. I hate everyone who honestly thinks its the best game theirs is. Halo one was alsome. Halo 2 was above average. Whos to say halo 3 isnt just an average game. i just cant stand people acting like its the best game when it is not but maby in the top 10 games of all time. Call of Duty has the best online features and ect ive ever seen. if u have a PS3 and r buying COD4 my PSN is Mattyb55

Halo is overrated

-MlKE-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#64 -MlKE-
Member since 2007 • 1796 Posts
Call Of Duty 4 will be awesome and I'll be buying it but nothing can match the pure kickassness of Halo 3.
Iron_Re4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 Iron_Re4
Member since 2007 • 275 Posts

im probly going to get cod 4 because ill keep on getting owned on halo multithe_jester_guy

ha..thats why im buying both. i was originally going to buy only Halo 3 and UT3 for my multiplayer games,i really didnt understand the hype for COD 4, but after watching the vids, and the customization and last stand perks, i have decided to get it, i still dont understand the graphics hype, its alright imo...oh and the fact that only a few shots can kill an enemy is great....

Iron_Re4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 Iron_Re4
Member since 2007 • 275 Posts

Sry but Halo happens to b the number 1 overtaed game in the world. dont get me wrong its a great game but is by know means the best their is. Call of Duty 4 is amzing. It has soo many cool features on line just blew me away. it even has that kill cam wit is alsome to kill those nigaz camping. I hate everyone who honestly thinks its the best game theirs is. Halo one was alsome. Halo 2 was above average. Whos to say halo 3 isnt just an average game. i just cant stand people acting like its the best game when it is not but maby in the top 10 games of all time. Call of Duty has the best online features and ect ive ever seen. if u have a PS3 and r buying COD4 my PSN is Mattyb55

Halo is overrated

ChunkyCornPoop

ofcourse its overrated to you..you own a PS3....

henri1960

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 henri1960
Member since 2005 • 2755 Posts
COD4
xAngelxDustx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 xAngelxDustx
Member since 2007 • 392 Posts
way too many vs. topics...
jzen_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#70 jzen_
Member since 2003 • 711 Posts
plays slightly different, but the settings are in no way similar... i guess its down to your preference: space marine vs real life marine, heheh
paradigm68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 paradigm68
Member since 2003 • 5588 Posts
halo 3
berzeker187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 berzeker187
Member since 2004 • 826 Posts
I dont know if i want to buy halo 3 cause the game looks and plays the same way as halo2 but with just some new weapons added and im a huge fan of CoD series so im not sure what to get hmm.
BkLiveWire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 BkLiveWire
Member since 2007 • 78 Posts
it has to be halo 3
YourLastDay86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 YourLastDay86
Member since 2004 • 1073 Posts
If CoD4 is anything close to what MP beta is then it'll been amazing. Halo 3 is just going to be one of those games that will be a top seller/high rated because the hype around it is absolutely insane, not to mention the legions of fanboy followers. Not that is won't be a decent game it just will never be a must buy for me.
darthzew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#75 darthzew
Member since 2005 • 1213 Posts
Halo 3 FTW!!!
Da_Icon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 Da_Icon
Member since 2004 • 201 Posts

Lisen to what im goin to SAY, SEPTEMBER 25 I'm goin to play HALO 3 ALL the WAY! is a BadAss game on line and i wouldn't have another game better than this one. BUT on NOBEMBER 25 (I'm Marking my CALENDAR) Say bye bye to HALO 3, I'm goin to play CALL OF DUTY 4 Every F*cking day no matter what, with all the weapons and Perks that this game has and created your CLAN for online battle, This game is A must have. HALO 3 OR CALL OF DUTY 4 forget it is a joke! OFCOURCE CALL OF DUTY 4. MULTIPLAYER BETA is AWESOME... ALL THE WAY!!!!

Roushrsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 Roushrsh
Member since 2005 • 3351 Posts
This is a toughy, Id say get Halo 3 since its the 360s signature title but thats just me.
Mr_Burps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 Mr_Burps
Member since 2007 • 971 Posts
Halo 3 for me.
Vextroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 Vextroid
Member since 2006 • 464 Posts

Ill be getting CoD4 over Halo3.

Love the CoD series, Halo not so much...

Axel87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 Axel87
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts
I'm sure Halo will definitely have thousands more players than CoD 4. But hey, they both differ in gamer audiences really. Even in the alternate and sad universe in which halo 3 would be a crappy game, it would sell just because of its name. For the people who enjoy shooters with a more realistic feel to it CoD4 will probably appeal the most. Come on :P we know which game is going to sell more. You just gotta think about what kind of game you want before deciding...me? hell I've got them both preordered :lol:
Avatar image for AtomicBaconBits
AtomicBaconBits

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#81 AtomicBaconBits
Member since 2006 • 8855 Posts
The CoD4 Beta wasn't all that interesting...just a faster frame rate.Didn't introduce anything revolutionary like Halo 3's film and file sharing.HALO 3 FTW!!!!
ModernTimes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 ModernTimes
Member since 2007 • 1029 Posts
I will get both however, I think H3 will end up the better game.
valttu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 valttu
Member since 2007 • 1420 Posts
I'm a fan of both Halo and COD, I'LL BUY THEM BOTH!!! Yiiihaaaaaaaa!!!:P
MichaeltheCM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#84 MichaeltheCM
Member since 2005 • 22765 Posts
hmmm both of the games will be pretty darn good :)
prodigy1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 prodigy1990
honeslty i hate comparing them because they are diffrent gfame styles, but the idea of comparing a cod to halo in any rate sickens me. honestly. halo has way more back story, and is far more revolutionairy with saved films and forge then cod "perks" any day. honestly people, there are two sets of people for 360, the halo people, and the halo haters that jus pick what ever game looks second best at the time and hype it up just so they can get dissipointed later. stop call cod 4 revolutionary, its a standerd modern warfare shooter with a couple little features like shooting thriugh wall " counter strike style", perks "a more advanced idea of extras not attached to rank from cod 3", and coustem classes," half of modern shooters ever made". stop comparing good games to the beast that is halo. only gears and bioshock have ever challengd halo because they were unique.
andrewkozis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#86 andrewkozis
Member since 2005 • 3336 Posts
they will both be good but nothing beats Halo3
crucifine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#88 crucifine
Member since 2003 • 4726 Posts
I'm getting both, because they're both looking really good at this point. But don't downplay COD4. I'm in the beta, and I played it for 4 hours last night. It is up there with Halo 2 and Counterstrike in terms of addictiveness.
redX5112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#89 redX5112
Member since 2005 • 4295 Posts
Call of Duty 4 will be better IMO, Halo 3 looks like more Halo 2 but more pretty
xXmeatwad225Xx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 xXmeatwad225Xx
Member since 2006 • 1553 Posts
coming from a person that has the COD4 beta and had the Halo3 beta i like them both a hole lot. It's hard to say which will be better. Obviously COD4 is a great game but also obviously Halo3 will win over all because i mean come on who doesn't like a good game of Halo. IMO they will both be great games it all depends on what you want from your FPS.
sync91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 sync91

I would buy both:D

But i think that the games are both superb...

Crey93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 Crey93
Member since 2007 • 375 Posts
Im in the beta of cod4 and it pwns! going to buy halo 3 to tho
TwiztidJoker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 TwiztidJoker
Member since 2004 • 836 Posts
Tried the CoD4 Beta and I am not really looking forward to it. For single player and multiplayer I am thinking Halo will be better; the addition of making maps and videos is just that much more appealing.
184him

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 184him
Member since 2006 • 419 Posts

i played thehalo 3 beta pretty much all day every day while it was available, and i thought it was brilliant.However shortly after it ended, i purchased call of duty 3. After comleteing it and playing the multiplayer for ages, i think that it is better than what i have played of halo 3, so now i'm going to buy call of duty 4 instead of halo 3 when it comes out. Which one does anyone else think is (or will be better)? i personally believe that more people will say halo 3 because of all the hype surrounding the seriespjohnwil

Why not both

david60639

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 david60639
Member since 2005 • 6951 Posts
Getting both, when I get bored of one I'll pop in the other!:D:D:D
guitarfreak846

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 guitarfreak846
Member since 2004 • 66 Posts

Call of Duty 4 all the way! i don't even like Halo!X360Gurl

You shouldn't be allowed to speak and own a 360.....

lol yah COD4 Multiplayer is gonna own(judging by what I've played of the Beta), put Halo 3 is gonna have something amazing in every mode...so my voe is Halo 3. But hey, COD4 will be amazing as well.

xCFSxGAMBIT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 xCFSxGAMBIT
I've been a halo fan ever since it came out and will have to say the game multiplayer gameplay for cod 4 is far better than halo 3's yes the features of halo 3 are better but wen it comes down 2 multplayer gamplay cod4 wins no doubt about it
HappyAppe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 HappyAppe
Member since 2003 • 1543 Posts

i played thehalo 3 beta pretty much all day every day while it was available, and i thought it was brilliant.However shortly after it ended, i purchased call of duty 3. After comleteing it and playing the multiplayer for ages, i think that it is better than what i have played of halo 3, so now i'm going to buy call of duty 4 instead of halo 3 when it comes out. Which one does anyone else think is (or will be better)? i personally believe that more people will say halo 3 because of all the hype surrounding the seriespjohnwil

Haven't played Call of Duty 4 year, but from the gameplay videos it looks amazing. I'll be switching between that and Halo 3.

Brewhawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 Brewhawk
Member since 2002 • 523 Posts
Halo 3 for sure!
munts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 munts
I have palyed COD3 multiplayer for ages, now am playing COD4 beta multiplayer i feel it is brilliant much much better then halo 3..... I havent bought Halo 3 and have bit doubts that should i buy it or not.