Call of Duty 4 being a great game is Over-Rated

• 52 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

StrangeMeeting

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#1 StrangeMeeting
Member since 2005 • 554 Posts
Call of Duty 4 is Call of Duty 2 with a few improvements. The campaign has it's great "moments" like part two had, with the same arcade linear gun fights. The online is to be honest, is not as good as COD2's when COD2 came out. COD4 has some serious balance issues with the whole class system. People who play a lot just destroy the casual gamers, and they are rewarded with their kills with those UAV's, helicopters, etc., making the fight even more off balanced.The COD2 mapswhere better designed as well. Everymap on COD4 feels the same.I like COD4 but you have to admit it's overrated.
III-Rob-III

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 III-Rob-III
Member since 2007 • 827 Posts
Ugh..you wouldnt know a great game if it slapped you in the face.
NOD_Grindking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 NOD_Grindking
Member since 2004 • 2778 Posts
hands FM a flame shield.....your gonna need this.....BRACE FOR IT!!!
StrangeMeeting

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 StrangeMeeting

All I'm saying is the the people who did not play COD2 are going to get more out of the game than those that did.

mohammad93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 mohammad93
Member since 2007 • 2090 Posts

Call of Duty 4 is Call of Duty 2 with a few improvements. The campaign has it's great "moments" like part two had, with the same arcade linear gun fights. The online is to be honest, is not as good as COD2's when COD2 came out. COD4 has some serious balance issues with there whole class system. People who play a lot just destroy the casual gamers, and they are rewarded with there kills with those UAV's, helicopters, etc., making the fight even more off balance. I like COD4 but you have to admit it's overrated. StrangeMeeting

What are you on?

III-Rob-III

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 III-Rob-III

To be fair not every game is going to please everyone.

But I have to dissagree with you, COD4 Is easily the best shooter on the 360 right now imo

Unbalanced? I can see where your coming from on that, with some of the perks you have at higher levels gives an unfair advantage, i.e- double tap(faster shooting) Slight of hand(faster reloading)Overkill - Two primary weapons.

But..to get these they must sacrifice Juggernaut(more health) orStopping power(more bullet damage) I think IW has done a great job on ths game.

MasterSandman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 MasterSandman
Member since 2007 • 176 Posts

Ugh..you wouldnt know a great game if it slapped you in the face.III-Rob-III

Agree, I think the game is great

StrangeMeeting

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 StrangeMeeting
Why can't anyone give a mature intelligent response instead of "What are u on?", or "You wouldn't know a good game if it slapped you in the face". Did I ever say COD4 was a bad game? NO. It just doesn't derserve the 95 percent average it has on gamerankings. It deserves more like a 91.
III-Rob-III

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 III-Rob-III

Why can't anyone give a mature intelligent response instead of "What are u on?", or "You wouldn't know a good game if it slapped you in the face". Did I ever say COD4 was a bad game? NO. It just doesn't derserve the 95 percent average it has on gamerankings. It deserves more like a 91.StrangeMeeting

Im sorry for my first response, I kinda just threw it out there without thinking :P

Ironfungus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Ironfungus
Member since 2007 • 1123 Posts

Call of Duty 4 is Call of Duty 2 with a few improvements. The campaign has it's great "moments" like part two had, with the same arcade linear gun fights. The online is to be honest, is not as good as COD2's when COD2 came out. COD4 has some serious balance issues with the whole class system. People who play a lot just destroy the casual gamers, and they are rewarded with their kills with those UAV's, helicopters, etc., making the fight even more off balanced.The COD2 mapswhere better designed as well. Everymap on COD4 feels the same.I like COD4 but you have to admit it's overrated. StrangeMeeting

Sounds like "StrangeMeeting" just sucks ass at first person shooters so he's trying to take it out on the year's best shooter.

mohammad93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 mohammad93
Member since 2007 • 2090 Posts

Why can't anyone give a mature intelligent response instead of "What are u on?", or "You wouldn't know a good game if it slapped you in the face". Did I ever say COD4 was a bad game? NO. It just doesn't derserve the 95 percent average it has on gamerankings. It deserves more like a 91.StrangeMeeting

sorry about that, lol I am just playing around, but I don't really think it is over rated, I think halo is over rated, cod4 had an interesting story, and an innovative multiplayer, but thats my opinion, what makes you think it is over-rated exacty? BTW you have the right to speak what you think, I too hate the reply I left about Whaty are you on?, I didn't mean it, but honestly I don't think its overrated.

StrangeMeeting

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 StrangeMeeting

[QUOTE="StrangeMeeting"]Call of Duty 4 is Call of Duty 2 with a few improvements. The campaign has it's great "moments" like part two had, with the same arcade linear gun fights. The online is to be honest, is not as good as COD2's when COD2 came out. COD4 has some serious balance issues with the whole class system. People who play a lot just destroy the casual gamers, and they are rewarded with their kills with those UAV's, helicopters, etc., making the fight even more off balanced.The COD2 mapswhere better designed as well. Everymap on COD4 feels the same.I like COD4 but you have to admit it's overrated. Ironfungus

Sounds like "StrangeMeeting" just sucks ass at first person shooters so he's trying to take it out on the year's best shooter.

The years best shooter is either Half Life 2: Episode 2 or Portal.

Bballer101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Bballer101
Member since 2007 • 194 Posts

Well considering the fact that in Call of Duty 4 it doesnt take an hour to kill someone...*cough halo cough* it does make it one of the better shooters out right now

Stevie_Q

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#14 Stevie_Q
Member since 2006 • 2011 Posts

No, I do not *have* to admit it's overrated. And I won't because it isn't. And yeah, people who play a lot will beat other players. That's because they have more experience. You know how to get around this? Play more, get better.

StrangeMeeting

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 StrangeMeeting

[QUOTE="StrangeMeeting"]Why can't anyone give a mature intelligent response instead of "What are u on?", or "You wouldn't know a good game if it slapped you in the face". Did I ever say COD4 was a bad game? NO. It just doesn't derserve the 95 percent average it has on gamerankings. It deserves more like a 91.mohammad93

sorry about that, lol I am just playing around, but I don't really think it is over rated, I think halo is over rated, cod4 had an interesting story, and an innovative multiplayer, but thats my opinion, what makes you think it is over-rated exacty? BTW you have the right to speak what you think, I too hate the reply I left about Whaty are you on?, I didn't mean it, but honestly I don't think its overrated.

I suppose you would have had to play COD2 to know what I am talking about. It's just very similiar in all design to that game. If you have not played COD2 I can't blame anyone from loving COD4, but for anyone who played COD2 to death won't find an intirely new fresh experience.

StrangeMeeting

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 StrangeMeeting

No, I do not *have* to admit it's overrated. And I won't because it isn't. And yeah, people who play a lot will beat other players. That's because they have more experience. You know how to get around this? Play more, get better.

Stevie_Q

I'm not talking about experiece buddy. Hello! I'm talking about balance. There is no even playing ground in COD4. Just to bring up an example when you play Halo 3, every one starts off the same. Anyone can use the weapons on the map. Obviously there are going to be better more"experienced" players who kick butt, but at least the playing field is level. The balance in COD4 is all over the place.

PS360Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#17 PS360Fanboy
Member since 2007 • 2096 Posts
Get's the flame shield out....
GuitarsOfWarr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#18 GuitarsOfWarr
Member since 2007 • 880 Posts

I've never been a fan of the series, since the original so this game never really entered my radar. Especially since I heard is was pretty much the same as CoD2 with better graphics and a few upgrsades.So yeah...I must have a serious problem or something.

*ducks*

gp19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 gp19
Member since 2005 • 4252 Posts
I feel sad for people like you, you don't enjoy games cause they're all overrated and there's always room for improvement.
DZBricktop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 DZBricktop
Member since 2007 • 2914 Posts
Well, i for one put hundreds of hours into CoD2, and i still think CoD4 is a better game. The class system means nothing on Oldcore game mode where everyone has the chance to get and use the same weapons and nobody has any perks. The maps are very well designed to take advantage of being able to move freely around the board while still offering you cover. And the weapons are 10 times better. Everyone has thier own opinions about games, but i for one dont think CoD4 is overrated at all.
StrangeMeeting

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 StrangeMeeting

I feel sad for people like you, you don't enjoy games cause they're all overrated and there's always room for improvement.gp19

I'm so sorry I care about innovation in video games.

TarnishedSoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 TarnishedSoul
Member since 2002 • 12151 Posts
It's not overrated and it's way better than cod2. Also I have no problems with balance I still destroy people even if they have the better weapons.
Avatar image for foolwestcoast33
foolwestcoast33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#23 foolwestcoast33
Member since 2004 • 197 Posts

All I'm saying is the the people who did not play COD2 are going to get more out of the game than those that did.

StrangeMeeting

the combat controls are similar to cod2 but theres completely different story guns secondary stuff like uavs, helicopters etc. and how you say the class system is outbalanced is completely wrong I'm at 17 and find it easy to whoop on 35 year olds that stay at home all day and play and level up sure they have a couple bettter guns but its not that much of a difference you're just bitter it wasn't a completely new experience its COD its gonna feel like previous ones thats what makes it good

wittbolds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 wittbolds
Member since 2007 • 503 Posts
COD4 is essentially a proper adapatation of Counter Strike, one of, if not the best FPS shooter ever made arguably. Personally, I think it's a fantastic game and is better than I expected it to be, I never even liked COD1,2,3 really.
Golex04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Golex04
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts
007 Goldeneye bi@ches!!!!! Ill Pwn You with my Klobb.
silentlord833

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#26 silentlord833
Member since 2007 • 1336 Posts

Personally I really like CoD4, I am one of those who think it's the best FPS on the 360 to date mostly for the multiplayer. I enjoyed Halo 3, but the hype leading up to Halo was WAY to much, and IMO that game did not live up to it, on the multiplayer aspect at least.

As far as balance in the game, well, I do agree with your post to a certain extent, I am not a five to eight hour a day gamer, probably not even leet. But I do fairly well in the multiplayer of CoD4.

that said......

*Okay, everyone ready your flame-shields*

Perhaps one day they will put in a new variant, with diaper changing tables, until then I shall gladly shoot you seven times in a row, in the eye, and help you find that rage that lies in all.

DarkRider23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 DarkRider23
Member since 2004 • 1753 Posts
I agree. Call of Duty 2 completely blows CoD4 away. Both in single player and multiplayer.
UnchainedPsYcO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 UnchainedPsYcO
Member since 2007 • 325 Posts
This guy needs to learn to figure out what game is good and what game is bad!
StrangeMeeting

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 StrangeMeeting
[QUOTE="StrangeMeeting"]

foolwestcoast33

the combat controls are similar to cod2 but theres completely different story guns secondary stuff like uavs, helicopters etc. and how you say the class system is outbalanced is completely wrong I'm at 17 and find it easy to whoop on 35 year olds that stay at home all day and play and level up sure they have a couple bettter guns but its not that much of a difference you're just bitter it wasn't a completely new experience its COD its gonna feel like previous ones thats what makes it good

Mario Bros - Super Mario Bros - Supar Mario Bros 3 - Super Mario World - Super Mario 64 - Super Mario Galaxy

Look at the games above. All part of the same series yet all are each very much there own unique experience. If you say a series must always play the same, you obviously aren't looking hardenough. Don't be mad at me cuz Call of Duty is looking more like a Madden every year.

UnchainedPsYcO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 UnchainedPsYcO
I agree. Call of Duty 2 completely blows CoD4 away. Both in single player and multiplayer.DarkRider23
DarkRider have u even played the game.
-Halftime-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#31 -Halftime-
Member since 2007 • 10004 Posts

It's the best shooter on the 360 IMO.

I still like Halo 3's online better though.

UnchainedPsYcO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 UnchainedPsYcO
[QUOTE="foolwestcoast33"][QUOTE="StrangeMeeting"]

StrangeMeeting

Go play with your stupid wii and lets see which game is more dumb

Mario Bros - Super Mario Bros - Supar Mario Bros 3 - Super Mario World - Super Mario 64 - Super Mario Galaxy

Look at the games above. All part of the same series yet all are each very much there own unique experience. If you say a series must always play the same, you obviously aren't looking enough. Don't be mad at me cuz Call of Duty is looking more like a Madden every year.

StrangeMeeting

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 StrangeMeeting
Call of Duty 4 obviously today is the game to play over Call of Duty 2, but for it's time when it came out Call of Duty 2 was definitely better. A lot of people in here haven't even played COD2, well this thread is not for you.
UnchainedPsYcO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 UnchainedPsYcO
Get's the flame shield out....PS360Fanboy
I am doing the same thing LOL
UnchainedPsYcO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 UnchainedPsYcO
Call of Duty 4 obviously today is the game to play over Call of Duty 2, but for it's time when it came out Call of Duty 2 was definitely better. A lot of people in here haven't even played COD2, well this thread is not for you.StrangeMeeting
LOL(BTW I AM LAUGHING AT U) dude I hope u can find a player that is willing to play COD2 I have not seen a single soul that was on COD2
StrangeMeeting

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 StrangeMeeting

[QUOTE="StrangeMeeting"]Call of Duty 4 obviously today is the game to play over Call of Duty 2, but for it's time when it came out Call of Duty 2 was definitely better. A lot of people in here haven't even played COD2, well this thread is not for you.UnchainedPsYcO
LOL(BTW I AM LAUGHING AT U) dude I hope u can find a player that is willing to play COD2 I have not seen a single soul that was on COD2

Why don't you learn how to read. When I wrote "for it's time" I did it for a reason. Of course I'm not going to play COD2 right now. I'm done with that game.

Gama_Forever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Gama_Forever
Member since 2004 • 2645 Posts

um........yeah....the m16 is the best rifle in the game no question and you get that at what rank....oh right....1...and if you want to create a class you can put deeper impact and stopping power at what? level 4..and even more if you like it a lot, you can get the red dot on it at what? 25-50 kills...right...unbalanced...I think the higher ranks are the ones with more trouble. They're the ones using guns like the G3 just trying to rank up so don't even give me that. And if you want the tricked out guns your opponents are using, KILL THEM, TAKE THEIR WEAPON, AND KILL THEM WITH IT. And if you're ranked high enough, you can get a challenge doing it. So, what else is there to complain about? Terrible graphics? Um, yeah, no....Lag? Compared with halo, cleanest game ever. Sound? Best voice acting I've heard. So, best shooter on the 360? Um...yeah...halo what?

StrangeMeeting

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 StrangeMeeting

007 Goldeneye bi@ches!!!!! Ill Pwn You with my Klobb.Golex04

Goldeneye, Half Life 2, and Halo 2 (for the multiplayer and fantastic matchmaking) are the most innovative fps' in recent memory.

UnchainedPsYcO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 UnchainedPsYcO

[QUOTE="Golex04"]007 Goldeneye bi@ches!!!!! Ill Pwn You with my Klobb.StrangeMeeting

Goldeneye, Half Life 2, and Halo 2 (for the multiplayer and fantastic matchmaking) are the most innovative fps' in recent memory.

how u suppose to own us if it does not have online support.

DarkRider23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 DarkRider23
Member since 2004 • 1753 Posts

[QUOTE="DarkRider23"]I agree. Call of Duty 2 completely blows CoD4 away. Both in single player and multiplayer.UnchainedPsYcO
DarkRider have u even played the game.

I've played both. Check out my gamertag JesusBread. CoD2's multiplayer is better than CoD4's. Not only is it really balanced, but the maps overall are 100x better.

Dub_c6969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Dub_c6969
Member since 2004 • 6014 Posts
I agree with that.
RaptorVenom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 RaptorVenom
Member since 2006 • 561 Posts
[QUOTE="mohammad93"]

[QUOTE="StrangeMeeting"]Why can't anyone give a mature intelligent response instead of "What are u on?", or "You wouldn't know a good game if it slapped you in the face". Did I ever say COD4 was a bad game? NO. It just doesn't derserve the 95 percent average it has on gamerankings. It deserves more like a 91.StrangeMeeting

I suppose you would have had to play COD2 to know what I am talking about. It's just very similiar in all design to that game. If you have not played COD2 I can't blame anyone from loving COD4, but for anyone who played COD2 to death won't find an intirely new fresh experience.

It's that similarity to COD2 that is what makes it great. I loved COD3 as well & it didn't get as much attention as it deserved cuz it wasn't as much as COD2 as everyone had hoped. They stuck with a winner & improved on it, rather than destroying the wonderful child they had created.

linkinSOXecho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 linkinSOXecho
Member since 2007 • 594 Posts
its great. just wish the story was longer
RaptorVenom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 RaptorVenom
Member since 2006 • 561 Posts
[QUOTE="foolwestcoast33"][QUOTE="StrangeMeeting"]

StrangeMeeting

Look at the games above. All part of the same series yet all are each very much there own unique experience. If you say a series must always play the same, you obviously aren't looking hardenough. Don't be mad at me cuz Call of Duty is looking more like a Madden every year.

Yeah, Mario's greatness died with the Nintendo64, they have continually embarrassed him ever since.

nyc05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 nyc05
Member since 2005 • 10190 Posts

I think it's a very good game, though I'm not enjoying it as much as most others seem to be. I really do like it, but it's not exactly my kind of shooter.

That being said, it is very good, I just prefer a different kind of shooter.

ninjaxams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#46 ninjaxams
Member since 2004 • 7500 Posts
COD4 IS the best FPS I have ever played. From doom to goldeneye, duke to halo, wolfenstien to HL, COD4 >>>>>>>>>>everything. All I have to say is the your wrong in soooo many ways.
remmitanceman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 remmitanceman
Member since 2006 • 175 Posts

gamerankings? Last time i checked, this is gamespot. You know, the site you are posting on which also happened to give COD4 a 9. Since you think it deserves a 91 and it got a 9, then it wouldnt be overrated, right? As for COD2 being better, I dont think I could agree. COD2 was a good game and it came with the launch of the 360. Because of this, you should expect COD2 to be much more popular when it launched than when COD4 launched. COD2 had no real competition, COD4 is sharing time with the orange box and Halo3. COD2 was also apart of the overkilled WW2 genre whereas COD4 is apart of the significantly underdone modern combat genre. It is probably the best modern combat shooter ever to hit a console, COD2 was just another WW2 shooter.

perfection1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#48 perfection1000
Member since 2006 • 1205 Posts
Call of Duty 4 is Call of Duty 2 with a few improvements. The campaign has it's great "moments" like part two had, with the same arcade linear gun fights. The online is to be honest, is not as good as COD2's when COD2 came out. COD4 has some serious balance issues with the whole class system. People who play a lot just destroy the casual gamers, and they are rewarded with their kills with those UAV's, helicopters, etc., making the fight even more off balanced.The COD2 mapswhere better designed as well. Everymap on COD4 feels the same.I like COD4 but you have to admit it's overrated. StrangeMeeting
Isn't that what Halo 3 to Halo 2, Half life Episode 2 to the Original Half life 2, Crysis to Far Cry, Metriod 3 is to Metroid 2. So your argument is very invalid. It is extremely different than COD 2 because of itsmodern environment and (PERKS, Character Classes)
eskimoman150

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 eskimoman150
Member since 2007 • 68 Posts
[QUOTE="Ironfungus"]

[QUOTE="StrangeMeeting"]Call of Duty 4 is Call of Duty 2 with a few improvements. The campaign has it's great "moments" like part two had, with the same arcade linear gun fights. The online is to be honest, is not as good as COD2's when COD2 came out. COD4 has some serious balance issues with the whole class system. People who play a lot just destroy the casual gamers, and they are rewarded with their kills with those UAV's, helicopters, etc., making the fight even more off balanced.The COD2 mapswhere better designed as well. Everymap on COD4 feels the same.I like COD4 but you have to admit it's overrated. StrangeMeeting

The years best shooter is either Half Life 2: Episode 2 or Portal.

I wouldn't really consider Portal a shooter.

maclehot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 maclehot
Member since 2003 • 136 Posts
I played the call of duty series even loved COD2 so much got 1000 game points and COD4 is better it was more immersive and a great cinematic experience with some of the best gamplay.