Boycott Bungie!!! (Very Mad Costumer Thread)

• 122 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

1234597link

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 1234597link
Member since 2006 • 110 Posts

Quit Whining and Buy a new one there is nothing you can do to get a new one for free you idiot

FarmerJohn55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#52 FarmerJohn55
Member since 2007 • 104 Posts

Sounds to me like you should be pissed at Microsoft for making systems that scratch disks on a regular basis. When I got my first box is scratched Oblivion and GRAW. I called 1-800-MYXBOX and caused a huge stink, they sent me both disks they wrecked and a free! **** but FREE!) game. Bungie cant do anything about it, HATE MICROSOFT!SPARTAN_D7

I know lol, I just like alliteration "Boycott Bungie" :)

FarmerJohn55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 FarmerJohn55

Quit Whining and Buy a new one there is nothing you can do to get a new one for free you idiot

1234597link

if you read the post above you I can prove you wrong without having to argue my case :P

Mariofreak1216

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#54 Mariofreak1216
Member since 2004 • 1034 Posts
[QUOTE="FarmerJohn55"][QUOTE="Mariofreak1216"]

[QUOTE="FarmerJohn55"]I would like to state that I am amazed at the amount of hate on this site, and Mariofreak is a spoil sport possible Communist FarmerJohn55

............alright, you proved that you are a spoil sport, I'm just kidding about the Communist thing, I mean seriously, it's a gaming forum, I don't understand your hostilities toward everything, I caught you trying to tell someone to lock thier form when they were asking a ligitimate question about endwar

Communist? If I were a communist I would be ALL for you getting your disc for free.

You my friend are the Communist.

God dude, nice way to prove you're a spoil sport, I was just kidding about you being a communist. I don't understand all your hostilities, this is a gaming forum, stop taking it all so seriously, not to mention I caught you telling someone to lock a thread about a ligitimate question about endwar.

He asked if someone could sell him a beta key, that's against gamespot rules and I told him to lock it so he wouldn't get suspended.

I was LOOKING OUT for him.

Mcderby4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 Mcderby4
Member since 2008 • 481 Posts
I don't see why you are angry, just get a new copy of the game. Simple as that.
bazanger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#56 bazanger
Member since 2004 • 2838 Posts
i'm sorry to hear that you broke your disc, but in all honesty i can't see why you're upset. if i went to play a game, found out the disc was damaged and i needed to get a new one, i'd be very happy to find out i only had to pay $20 instead of $60, that's a GREAT deal. also you purchasing the maps for halo 3 is irrelevant, those are add ons and have nothing to do with the disc or the discs condition.
FarmerJohn55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 FarmerJohn55
[QUOTE="FarmerJohn55"][QUOTE="FarmerJohn55"][QUOTE="Mariofreak1216"]

[QUOTE="FarmerJohn55"]I would like to state that I am amazed at the amount of hate on this site, and Mariofreak is a spoil sport possible Communist Mariofreak1216

............alright, you proved that you are a spoil sport, I'm just kidding about the Communist thing, I mean seriously, it's a gaming forum, I don't understand your hostilities toward everything, I caught you trying to tell someone to lock thier form when they were asking a ligitimate question about endwar

Communist? If I were a communist I would be ALL for you getting your disc for free.

You my friend are the Communist.

God dude, nice way to prove you're a spoil sport, I was just kidding about you being a communist. I don't understand all your hostilities, this is a gaming forum, stop taking it all so seriously, not to mention I caught you telling someone to lock a thread about a ligitimate question about endwar.

He asked if someone could sell him a beta key, that's against gamespot rules and I told him to lock it so he wouldn't get suspended.

I was LOOKING OUT for him.

he was asking where he could sign up for the beta not if he could buy a key, your not looking out for him, your not looking at everything he says, you act on instinct.

Mariofreak1216

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 Mariofreak1216
Member since 2004 • 1034 Posts
It's still against the rules to ask for a beta key.
FarmerJohn55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 FarmerJohn55

It's still against the rules to ask for a beta key.Mariofreak1216

Listen to what I say, he was asking where he could sign up to be a part of the beta, not for the key, how to sign up to participate in the beta, then someone kindly explained that you have the be a member of something or other to be in it, and he accepted that.

Palantas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#60 Palantas
Member since 2002 • 15329 Posts

When you purchase a game, you're paying for intellectual property. The cost of the disc, manual, and box are negligible in the $60 you dish out. So even if you break a disc, you've still paid for rights to the game. A company should charge you only a modest fee to replace a disc. Whether $20 is modest or not is up to you.

In any case, you shouldn't have to buy a whole new game, as some people suggest:

Buy a new one.

1234597link

That's unreasonable. Moving on...

I dont think that even if you get a million people to agree with you, that you will get a free disk. Sorry, i think you should, but i dont think bungie cares.

DrummerDude1010

I agree. I think, FarmerJohn, that if you had written this thread as more of an amusing rant than a call to political action, you might have encountered less hostility.

[QUOTE="decepticondevil"]

Riiiight because the $480,000,000 in sales wasn't enough to cover the manhours to throw a few maps together.

a55a55inx

do you honestly think that all of that money goes to the bungie emplyees?...if you didn't know, the employees get payed by the hour, not by the amount of sales...

It's irrelevant how much cash reserve Bungie might have, or how much their employees get paid. Bungie has a right to charge as much for map packs as the market will allow, just as you have a right not to purchase them if you think it's a rip-off.

On a final note...those are some long quote blocks, FarmerJohn and Mariofreak. I'm not sure whether to congratulate you guys or not.

FarmerJohn55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 FarmerJohn55

When you purchase a game, you're paying for intellectual property. The cost of the disc, manual, and box are negligible in the $60 you dish out. So even if you break a disc, you've still paid for rights to the game. A company should charge you only a modest fee to replace a disc. Whether $20 is modest or not is up to you.

In any case, you shouldn't have to buy a whole new game, as some people suggest:

[QUOTE="1234597link"]

Buy a new one.

Palantas

I dont think that even if you get a million people to agree with you, that you will get a free disk. Sorry, i think you should, but i dont think bungie cares.

DrummerDude1010

I agree. I think, FarmerJohn, that if you had written this thread as more of an amusing rant than a call to political action, you might have encountered less hostility.

Riiiight because the $480,000,000 in sales wasn't enough to cover the manhours to throw a few maps together.

a55a55inx

do you honestly think that all of that money goes to the bungie emplyees?...if you didn't know, the employees get payed by the hour, not by the amount of sales...

It's irrelevant how much cash reserve Bungie might have, or how much their employees get paid. Bungie has a right to charge as much for map packs as the market will allow, just as you have a right not to purchase them if you think it's a rip-off.

On a final note...those are some long quote blocks, FarmerJohn and Mariofreak. I'm not sure whether to congratulate you guys or not.

As much as I diagree with most of what you say, I want to give you a high five, and on a more interesting rant, can you like write one for me, because I hate what you stand for, but the way you say it....sir, write a news paper colum

FarmerJohn55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 FarmerJohn55

[QUOTE="1234597link"]

Buy a new one.

Palantas

DrummerDude1010

a55a55inx

As much as I diagree with most of what you say, I want to give you a high five, and on a more interesting rant, can you like write one for me, because I hate what you stand for, but the way you say it....sir, write a news paper colum

Acurev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#63 Acurev
Member since 2003 • 6484 Posts

The TC actually got mad at "MarioFreak" because they had differing opinions. Just because he doesnt agree with you doesnt mean you need to get defensive. Before anyone could say anything it turned into a debate over who was "more mature" or "more intelligent" or "who was right"

You come to these discussion boards to have discussions. The definition of discussion is "an act or instance of discussing; consideration or examination by argument, comment, etc., esp. to explore solutions; informal debate."

So why get mad when someone tries to carry on the second part of the discussion?

IMO theres needs to be a stricked TOS that bans first time offenders who dont seem to understand how one of these discussions work.

And just to make this post not Off-topic.

I think the $20 thing makes some sense to stop people from getting a cheap copy of the game. However if you can prove your disk is actually bad then it should mean you recieve a free copy. Maybe pay for shiping or something. When I say prove, perhaps you could actually send in the broken disk itself to get replaced.

I know theres been a few instances where I had purchased a PC game on multiple disks and gotten two of the same cds with another missing.

lolnades

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#64 lolnades
Member since 2008 • 576 Posts
[QUOTE="Mariofreak1216"]

You broke the disc.

They're giving you a great deal by paying one third the price of a game for a new copy.

And your complaining, thinking you can get a movement going.

This is really why I feel the majority of the 360 community has a maturity level of a 10 year old.

FarmerJohn55

First off, I really couldn't care less about what you say, second of all, I keep my disks in thier cases or in my xbox, the disks are cheap, along with most of the 360's hardware, third, as I said before, I know that it's only $20, but it's the priciple of the thing, and Finally, your saying I have the maturity of a 10 years old and your name is mariofreak, so I don't know how you can talk, not to mention that I asked nicely not to be a dick about this.

my my someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed today your sayins he's being a dick when your acting like a child and ranting on the internet when you could probably be paying 20 dollars for a new disk and play halo

FarmerJohn55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 FarmerJohn55

The TC actually got mad at "MarioFreak" because they had differing opinions. Just because he doesnt agree with you doesnt mean you need to get defensive. Before anyone could say anything it turned into a debate over who was "more mature" or "more intelligent" or "who was right"

You come to these discussion boards to have discussions. The definition of discussion is "an act or instance of discussing; consideration or examination by argument, comment, etc., esp. to explore solutions; informal debate."

So why get mad when someone tries to carry on the second part of the discussion?

IMO theres needs to be a stricked TOS that bans first time offenders who dont seem to understand how one of these discussions work.

Acurev

32, o sorry, i was guessing at what point this forum turned into one long hate speach on me, i guessed some time around the 32nd post, but, can you guys help me out?

Acurev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 Acurev
[QUOTE="Acurev"]

FarmerJohn55

32, o sorry, i was guessing at what point this forum turned into one long hate speach on me, i guessed some time around the 32nd post, but, can you guys help me out?

your best bet is to just spend the $20 on it. Or if you can find it from someone you know for cheaper. I know theres a few locally owned used CD stores near that might sell the game for a little over $20. Maybe wait til you can find it at that price. Regardless I think your going to have to pay it. It is unfortunate, I do agree.

FarmerJohn55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 FarmerJohn55
[QUOTE="FarmerJohn55"][QUOTE="Acurev"]

Acurev

your best bet is to just spend the $20 on it. Or if you can find it from someone you know for cheaper. I know theres a few locally owned used CD stores near that might sell the game for a little over $20. Maybe wait til you can find it at that price. Regardless I think your going to have to pay it. It is unfortunate, I do agree.

my logical side says that, but my it's more fun to rant about this :)

Acurev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Acurev
[QUOTE="Acurev"][QUOTE="FarmerJohn55"][QUOTE="Acurev"]

FarmerJohn55

my logical side says that, but my it's more fun to rant about this :)

I understand, again the point of these discussion boards. And maybe someone can come up with a better solution. If you havent already looked try Amazon.com. If you purchase the game used from a seller there may be someone whos priced the game very low to be competitive with other sellers. I know Ive sold $40-50 games for around $20 just to get them to sell faster. Its worth a shot.

Matt-4542

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Matt-4542
Member since 2008 • 8002 Posts
Who cares, youre not missing out on anything.
chaoz-king

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 chaoz-king
Member since 2005 • 5956 Posts
I am being serious. They will not give you a free disk. Once you buy it and the warranty goes out, form then on its your problem. Boycott Bungie.. Dude they are paying for over half the disk coast. Phh your pathetic.
supercool4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 supercool4
Member since 2007 • 50 Posts

I'm cool with the maps, I just dont appreciate the fact that Halo 3 didnt support 720p HD. Elann2008

not to mention the lack of widescreen support on splitscreen mode

Acurev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 Acurev

[QUOTE="Elann2008"]I'm cool with the maps, I just dont appreciate the fact that Halo 3 didnt support 720p HD. supercool4

not to mention the lack of widescreen support on splitscreen mode

not to steal the topic but I was thinking of getting this game mainly for the split screen coop for me and a friend. Does not having widescreen in that mode really kill it or is the splitscreen coop still pretty fun?

captainduncan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 captainduncan
Member since 2005 • 1168 Posts
What's to complain about? $20 is a perfectly reasonable price to replace a disc thatyou, by some means or another, broke. If replacement was free, every moron who jacked up their discs from misuse could get a new copy without so much as a slap on the wrists.
alexmurray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#74 alexmurray
Member since 2005 • 2665 Posts

$60-$20 = $40 in savings, and you complain because you bought their map pack

*violin playing in the background*

FB3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 FB3
Member since 2008 • 403 Posts
I'd rather go eBay over Amazon. Amazon hasn't shipped anything at all I've ordered from them since 2006 (including Amazon Marketplace stuff) and I got tired of dealing with them. (I ordered a new laptop for a relative in September--supposed to arrive for Christmas, and they pushed it back until December. Finally, they were told that we needed the thing now and they just brushed it off. Canceled, went to Bestbuy.com, got their laptop 3 days after I ordered.) eBay is always a good option, just watch the feedback ratings.
chamin6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 chamin6
Member since 2008 • 29 Posts
I'm sorry but it's impossible for me to get mad at Bungie, they brought me Marathon and Halo. To me there like a girlfriend you disagree and fight sometimes but you usually make up. To bad alot of you haven't even had a girlfriend, ha. That was mean and I'm sorry, please forgive me.
Stevie_Q

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#77 Stevie_Q
Member since 2006 • 2011 Posts

Alraight, let's be honest here.

As much as you would like to believe it, the evil disk fairy didn't steal into your house and snap your disk sometime last night. Truth is, somebody, maybe you or your sister or your mom, stepped on it or moved your Xbox while the disk was inside. Whoever it was, it certainly wasn't Bungie, so get this through your head: Bungie is being EXTREMELY generous by offering to pay for 2/3 of a new disk, so if you even had two brain cells to rub together you would accept their offer.

Agent_Kaliaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#78 Agent_Kaliaver
Member since 2004 • 4722 Posts
[QUOTE="Mariofreak1216"]

You broke the disc.

They're giving you a great deal by paying one third the price of a game for a new copy.

This is really why I feel the majority of the 360 community has a maturity level of a 10 year old.

FarmerJohn55

First off, I really couldn't care less about what you say, second of all, I keep my disks in thier cases or in my xbox, the disks are cheap, along with most of the 360's hardware, third, as I said before, I know that it's only $20, but it's the priciple of the thing, and Finally, your saying I have the maturity of a 10 years old and your name is mariofreak, so I don't know how you can talk, not to mention that I asked nicely not to be a dick about this.

I agree with the person who called you 10 because of the fact that you said something about his name being Mariofreak. Thats like saying someone is a 7 year old and is annoying as hell who you would like to kill because his name is Halofreak. Your response was a very childish respone based on the fact that Mario is amazing no matter how old you are. If you would have said that and his name was Poke'monfreak i would understand, but Mario is beyond an age limit.

Tom_delonge555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#79 Tom_delonge555
Member since 2005 • 414 Posts
Jesus Christ man, as much as you want a new disk for free you and everybody here knows that you're not getting one. So, either buy a new disk for 20 bucks (which is no sacrifice) or give up playing Halo 3. That's it man, sorry.
Palantas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 Palantas

FarmerJohn55

Thank you, I think. I'm afraid I don't write for the paper; I'm professionally employed elsewhere. However, I do write a blog here on GameSpot, that at least five people read with any regularity. :)

Before anyone could say anything it turned into a debate over who was "more mature" or "more intelligent" or "who was right"

Acurev

Underlines mine. I agree. I've said this before on the forum: People need to look up "ad hominem attack." I get into arguments with some regularity on here, but I strictly limit it to a battle of ideas. Peoples' motives, their social lives, their age, so on and so on are irrelevant to the vast majority of debates, here or anywhere.

I think the $20 thing makes some sense to stop people from getting a cheap copy of the game. However if you can prove your disk is actually bad then it should mean you recieve a free copy. Maybe pay for shiping or something. When I say prove, perhaps you could actually send in the broken disk itself to get replaced.

Acurev

Agree completely.

Pittfan666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#81 Pittfan666
Member since 2003 • 8638 Posts
You never said how the disc didn't work. Is it scratched or cracked or something? Or does it look fine physically? Anyway I don't see what all the fuss is about considering your warranty on the disc is up and obviously you have to pay to get a new one. It's like that with everything you buy sorry. Time to grow up. :)
SirCokerThe9th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 SirCokerThe9th
Member since 2008 • 682 Posts

[QUOTE="Elann2008"]I'm cool with the maps, I just dont appreciate the fact that Halo 3 didnt support 720p HD. FarmerJohn55

....................Did you even read what I said? I'm trying to get a movment to get a free disk! Help a man out, seriously!

Just buy a new disc...why did you break it in the first place.
venasque

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 venasque
Member since 2005 • 373 Posts

It's irrelevant how much cash reserve Bungie might have, or how much their employees get paid. Bungie has a right to charge as much for map packs as the market will allow, just as you have a right not to purchase them if you think it's a rip-off.Palantas

Bungie doesn't actually have any say in the pricing of Marketplace material. That is decided by Microsoft. They've mentioned this a in their Weekly Updates. Just wanted to set that piece of information straight.

Palantas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 Palantas

[QUOTE="Palantas"]It's irrelevant how much cash reserve Bungie might have, or how much their employees get paid. Bungie has a right to charge as much for map packs as the market will allow, just as you have a right not to purchase them if you think it's a rip-off.venasque

Bungie doesn't actually have any say in the pricing of Marketplace material. That is decided by Microsoft. They've mentioned this a in their Weekly Updates. Just wanted to set that piece of information straight.

I did not know that. Replace "Bungie" with "Microsoft" up there.

gustavog117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 gustavog117
Member since 2006 • 831 Posts
[QUOTE="FarmerJohn55"][QUOTE="Mariofreak1216"]

You broke the disc.

Mariofreak1216

I'm sorry, but I have to respond.

Clearly you did care about what I had to say because you took time out to write this well thought out hate toward me. Also, I don't see how the principle of the thing allows you to get past what everyone else usually does when their discs break. And finally, your maturity level shows even more when you say that I am somehow less mature for having a Nintendo character in my name. I fail to see your point.

TC=OWNED

Ghost_702

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 Ghost_702
Member since 2006 • 7405 Posts
So what you're telling me is that you bought Halo 3 for $20, broke it, called up bungie and demanded a new copy (who in no fault of their own had anything to do with your disc breaking)? Do you know where i'm going with this? YOU broke the disc, not them. If you opened the case and the disc was found to be broken before you ever touched it, that would be grounds for a replacement, not breaking it youreslf and demanding a new copy.
KoRn_Eddy_88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 KoRn_Eddy_88
Member since 2005 • 1619 Posts

[QUOTE="a55a55inx"]well...it is passed the 90 day warranty(i assume)... so obviously you're going to have to pay a fee. Paying for the map packs are a whole different story, you're paying the employees for working extra hours making maps outside of the game you purchased. They could have left us with nothing left to look forward to if they wanted to.a55a55inx

reality check, they get commission...or an amount that is derived from a certain percentage of the sales...

thecobraholder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 thecobraholder
Member since 2007 • 602 Posts
[QUOTE="Mariofreak1216"]

You broke the disc.

FarmerJohn55

hopefully they change thei policy so u'd have to pay the full 60 dollars. there's no "principle" here... in fact i think they shouldn't have given u the option, if u mess it up, its ur fault. i hope you get screwd over by them. bad luck :)

capthavic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#89 capthavic
Member since 2003 • 6478 Posts

So basically you broke your disc (after warranty I assume) and your mad because they won't give you a new copy for free?

Sounds to me like you're being a cheapskate. They don't have to offer you any deal, let alone a free copy. And thinking that you can pressure them into it with this thread is just juvenile.

Just hand over the $20 and stop being such a whiny ****

the_d_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 the_d_boy
Member since 2005 • 144 Posts

Alright, first of all let me say that I like Bungie, I like Halo 3, I bought both of the map packs, and that is why I am pissed. My Halo 3 disk broke and after a 30 minute phone conversation with some lady who I swear was a stereotypical Indian outsourced costumer support agent, they said that I have to pay $20 for a new disk! Alright sure, that is their policy, but comeon, I already spent $20 on it for the maps. I'm hopping that maybe if Bungie sees this, or someone tells them, maybe I can get it for free! So please, don't just post annoying things, I'm serious about this.FarmerJohn55

So I'm going to assume your warranty is up on your disc, if so, you have no grounds to get a 'Free' disc off Bungie or anyone else. The disc is broke either due to an error of yourself, or somebody or something else.

You cannot expect them to give you a disc for noting, If this were company policy they wouldn't turn a profit, no doubt.

Suck it up, buy a new disc and quit whining.

a55a55inx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#92 a55a55inx
Member since 2004 • 4188 Posts
[QUOTE="a55a55inx"][QUOTE="decepticondevil"]

[QUOTE="a55a55inx"]well...it is passed the 90 day warranty(i assume)... so obviously you're going to have to pay a fee. Paying for the map packs are a whole different story, you're paying the employees for working extra hours making maps outside of the game you purchased. They could have left us with nothing left to look forward to if they wanted to.KoRn_Eddy_88

reality check, they get commission...or an amount that is derived from a certain percentage of the sales...

the point that I was trying to make is that the skilled individuals that do the actual work aren't as rich as some people assume. Just because MS throws this big sales number out there, people automatically assume that each person at Bungie made millions of dollars.

Quintinius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 Quintinius
Member since 2006 • 1050 Posts
This would be an issue with Microsoft, not Bungie. Bungie are a good group of develepors so leave them alone. It's MS you're after.
XxSTILL_BORNxX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 XxSTILL_BORNxX
Member since 2007 • 5749 Posts
In This World.............Nothing Is Free.
diablobasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#95 diablobasher
Member since 2004 • 5088 Posts
[QUOTE="Mariofreak1216"]

You broke the disc.

FarmerJohn55

This is precisely why you won't get some magical 'movement' going.

The guy has a valid point, the disc broke while in your care. This does not happen if you take care of them, your word of simply keeping them in the cases doesnt mean you take care of them.

Your language and articulation is not going to help you here either, you show active hostility to people who are obviously not in agreement with you, which makes you look bad, which instantly debunks any big 'movement' you might spark because people are not going to respect you.

Secondly, $20 is a pretty fair deal, they could have told you to buy another copy of the game, which they are within their right to do.

I will never understand why people constantly complain of broken discs, they aren't that hard to care for. I've owned disc based media since the Playstation and not one has ever broken. And the only ones likely to break are CoD2, Gears of War and my Braveheart Special Edition Disc 1 because they have cracks on the inner circle.

The only plausable argument you might have would be if the game was still under it's 90 day warranty, in which case it's hardly going to be revolutionary because they are required by law to honour a replacement.

Also you spelled 'customer' wrong in the headline, the word costumer makes the thread title sound like you got sued for cosplaying.

chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 chaoscougar1
Member since 2005 • 37603 Posts

wow the intelligence of the person who started this is through the roof, he complains about him breaking his own disc and then wanting another one for free, then when people dont agree with him he gets annoyed. Now call me crazy, but i dont know many companies that will give you something for free, if u break it in the first place.

Mr. Intelligent: Umm honda i kinda drove my car into a pole, can i have a new car please?
Honda: why dont u just repair it using your insurance, it should be about $2000
Mr Intelligent: Ima write about this on a forum and get people to boycott your cheating company, getting people to pay for their damages thats just dumb

diablobasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 diablobasher
[QUOTE="KoRn_Eddy_88"][QUOTE="a55a55inx"][QUOTE="decepticondevil"]

[QUOTE="a55a55inx"]well...it is passed the 90 day warranty(i assume)... so obviously you're going to have to pay a fee. Paying for the map packs are a whole different story, you're paying the employees for working extra hours making maps outside of the game you purchased. They could have left us with nothing left to look forward to if they wanted to.a55a55inx

the point that I was trying to make is that the skilled individuals that do the actual work aren't as rich as some people assume. Just because MS throws this big sales number out there, people automatically assume that each person at Bungie made millions of dollars.

Yeah seriously people need to wise up on this one.

The only people who might get some kind of commision would be the series creators, and anyone credited for a large portion of the art direction/story writing.

Animators, coders, and most artists simply get paid a normal hourly wage just like everyone else. Then maybe a bonus if the game meets a sales target.

They don't instantly get rich because a game makes lots of money.

KoRn_Eddy_88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 KoRn_Eddy_88
Member since 2005 • 1619 Posts
[QUOTE="KoRn_Eddy_88"][QUOTE="a55a55inx"][QUOTE="decepticondevil"]

majority of them make a pretty high 6 figure salery and then they get their bonus which is a mid to high 5 figure then their compensation

diablobasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 diablobasher

majority of them make a pretty high 6 figure salery and then they get their bonus which is a mid to high 5 figure then their compensationKoRn_Eddy_88

Maybe at Bungie, but not game devs in general.

It's rare to see a game developer get a salary over 5 figures, and bonuses are in the lower 4 figure. Some smaller dev's even less than that.

PMG_HART

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 PMG_HART
Member since 2008 • 407 Posts
TC i'm sorry but you are an idiot. How can you show such hate to the few people in the thread who just don't see why you can't shell out $20 for a new copy. I DO NOT think you should get a copy of the game for free because something somewhere down the line had to happen to the game WHILE IN YOUR HANDS to break it. Wether it was an accidental knock the 360 over while playing it, or maybe you stepped on the game case and cracked it. Whatever the problem may be i still do not feel that you should get it for free. By them charging you $20 that is still an awesome deal because people who sell the game used probably are charging at least $30-$35 for it because of how many people still play it(myself not included, im stuck on Battlefield Bad Company). Stop griping and complaining about your movements and what not and go run to your mommy and tell her that you broke your game(probably out of anger or something) and that microsoft said that it would be $20 to replace it and ask for your allowance early. kthxbye