ProtossX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ProtossX
Member since 2005 • 2880 Posts

I just bought it at walmart, brought it home, plugged it, updated xbox live, then downloaded AW with the code.

it said it has 730 gig of free space

1 terabyte is 1024 gigs

there is no way AW plus xbox OS and update i using around 300 gigs of data or other xbox would have no space at all, the game advanced warfare was around 40-50 gigs so that means microsoft os was using around 250 gigs which is physically impossible as other xbox ones would have no space at all if this was true

anyyway when im playing AW the xbox itself starts being very loud an noisy an its louder than the tv with the game going

when the game is and im dashboard u can hear it exploding an no game sound is going off and i touched it an it was red hot

I am so unhappy right now, i had previously had the original xbox and had a faulty disc drive and had to get it repaired twice till they sent me a new one

my 360 also had a red ring of deah 2 years after having it an i had to GO out an buy another one!

I HAVE HAD AN ISSUE every single time with a microsoft console EVERY single thing they have made has broken or been huge issues loud and bad for me

this is not a 1 time occurence for me and im also mad about them charging for xbox live to play online games but thats a whole nother matter

every sony product ive had has never broken i still have my first psp and ps1-3

every nintendo product also no issues never loud very good disc trays an everything

i really wanted to play AW on xbox and halo collection but im done i think im returning this for a ps4 if they let me at the walmart otherwise i just wont buy anything unless i know FOR a fact it wont be very loud and has the amount of space advertised on it

feel very tricked by review sites like gamespot and ign who said this console was fine and that they tested it

an were evening showing it off on there sites

next time actually play the console and make sure it has 1 terabyte of data and doesnt make a crapton of noise all over ur room before you spin it off on consumers who have tons of issues wiht it after ut old us it was fine

Evdne971

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Evdne971
Member since 2012 • 341 Posts

I guess it's what you get for buying a crap game like AW

Hah kidding sorry that happened to you.

Maybe you shouldn't buy from Walmart...

chaplainDMK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 chaplainDMK
Member since 2008 • 7004 Posts

@ProtossX said:

I just bought it at walmart, brought it home, plugged it, updated xbox live, then downloaded AW with the code.

it said it has 730 gig of free space

1 terabyte is 1024 gigs

there is no way AW plus xbox OS and update i using around 300 gigs of data or other xbox would have no space at all, the game advanced warfare was around 40-50 gigs so that means microsoft os was using around 250 gigs which is physically impossible as other xbox ones would have no space at all if this was true

anyyway when im playing AW the xbox itself starts being very loud an noisy an its louder than the tv with the game going

when the game is and im dashboard u can hear it exploding an no game sound is going off and i touched it an it was red hot

I am so unhappy right now, i had previously had the original xbox and had a faulty disc drive and had to get it repaired twice till they sent me a new one

my 360 also had a red ring of deah 2 years after having it an i had to GO out an buy another one!

I HAVE HAD AN ISSUE every single time with a microsoft console EVERY single thing they have made has broken or been huge issues loud and bad for me

this is not a 1 time occurence for me and im also mad about them charging for xbox live to play online games but thats a whole nother matter

every sony product ive had has never broken i still have my first psp and ps1-3

every nintendo product also no issues never loud very good disc trays an everything

i really wanted to play AW on xbox and halo collection but im done i think im returning this for a ps4 if they let me at the walmart otherwise i just wont buy anything unless i know FOR a fact it wont be very loud and has the amount of space advertised on it

feel very tricked by review sites like gamespot and ign who said this console was fine and that they tested it

an were evening showing it off on there sites

next time actually play the console and make sure it has 1 terabyte of data and doesnt make a crapton of noise all over ur room before you spin it off on consumers who have tons of issues wiht it after ut old us it was fine

Technically 1TB is 1024 gigabytes, but HDD companies are cunts, and they assume one 1TB is 1000 gigabytes, 1 gigabyte is 1000 megabytes, 1 megabyte is 1000 kilobytes and 1 kilobyte is 1000 byte. But your computer works in increments of 1024, so HDD that are advertised as 1TB are actually about 900 gigabytes. Also the OS takes up some space, and finally MS probably reserves a portion for updates and smooth operation.

ProtossX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 ProtossX
@chaplain

Technically 1TB is 1024 gigabytes, but HDD companies are cunts, and they assume one 1TB is 1000 gigabytes, 1 gigabyte is 1000 megabytes, 1 megabyte is 1000 kilobytes and 1 kilobyte is 1000 byte. But your computer works in increments of 1024, so HDD that are advertised as 1TB are actually about 900 gigabytes. Also the OS takes up some space, and finally MS probably reserves a portion for updates and smooth operation.

yes 900 gigs I could def believe

and don't get me wrong i woulda just accepted it as fine

i just can't game with something as loud as a lawnmower going off in the background its just way too much noise :(

I know i bought it walmart and walmart sucks plus it was up front so god knows what they did to it

but they have a good return policy so im going in about hour to return it

here are my options

replace it try a different call of duty xbone

or buy playstation 4 with call of duty instead?

or try to get like 350 dollar model with call of duty (might be less loud?)

anyway what do u guys think i should do

plus i have to buy xbox live to play it so thats gonna be another 50 dollars for a year

BusterFriendly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5 BusterFriendly
Member since 2014 • 242 Posts

By SI units, using 1000 for a kilo is correct but it does cause a lot of confusion like this because the programmers use the fudged units. There's also formatting overhead.

As far as getting hot, are you a blocking a vent with something. Mine doesn't even get warm to the touch.

MikeHockbourns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 MikeHockbourns
Member since 2014 • 754 Posts

Well the gigs are ALWAYS less than advertised. and I don't know why its loud that shouldn't be the case. they are supposed to be quiet. mine is pretty quiet, try listening to the power supply...a friend of mines has a loud power supply and mistook it for the console.

ProtossX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By ProtossX

well i got a traded it in for a new one now it makes no noise and is very cold while playing games

i think walmart gave me a crappy one before

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

My Xbox One is whisper quiet, in fact I do believe it's more quiet than my PS4 both at idle and when running a game. Also it shouldn't surprise you the GB they advertise ain't exactly what you get - if it bugs you that much ring MS and ask them about it.

RumbleRuses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#9 RumbleRuses
Member since 2014 • 65 Posts

My 500GB Xbone has 355GB of space because 145 goes to the OS it seems.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#10 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

@BattleSpectre said:

My Xbox One is whisper quiet, in fact I do believe it's more quiet than my PS4 both at idle and when running a game. Also it shouldn't surprise you the GB they advertise ain't exactly what you get - if it bugs you that much ring MS and ask them about it.

my XB1 is also very quiet and I think he should have bought his XB1 from best buy or somewhere similar.

Megavideogamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#11 Megavideogamer
Member since 2004 • 6554 Posts

So there is only 730GB HDD space available to the user. I'm surprised the OS and system software takes up that much of the HDD. So technically the HDD is 1 TB but not all of it is useable. The regular Xbox One give you about 387GB out of 500GB. While Sony PS4 gives you 407GB.

I had hoped that 887GB or so would have been available after the OS and System files were taken into account. Windows 8.1 cannot be that large? Maybe after a years whole of updates. It adds up.

The Call of Duty Advanced Warfare special edition is the largest pack in HDD so good on Microsoft for offering that to consumers. That had to since you cannot upgrade the HDD yourself.

Avatar image for mynamesdenvrmax
mynamesdenvrmax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#12  Edited By mynamesdenvrmax
Member since 2004 • 2228 Posts

The hard drive space is probably correct and would happen with PS4 too. The noise of the console...most are nearly silent. When my room is quiet I can only hear the hard drive churning away not the fans. With that said, I bought a Titanfall bundle for a second console and when it got warm I heard a very weird buzzing. It sounded like a wire was being rubbed by the fan. I simply returned it to Best Buy and got a new one that is fine. Sounds like you have a strange and likely rare problem. I think this goes without saying: You aren't blocking the console's fans with a cable box or some dumb shit like that right? It sounds like a stupid question but you'd be surprised how many people I find who stack components blocking all vents and wonder why they get poor performance. The Xbox One needs to be sitting horizontally, not vertically and don't put another electronic on top or below it.

I think people hear 1080p and every fanboy claiming the PS4 is the best. The OS is pretty bad, the Xbox One is getting better by the month. Microsoft is hungry, they are doing all they can to catch up and consumers are winning. If you started on Xbox 360 and liked it I think the PS4 would be a bad idea. Sony is great at not delivering, Driveclub sucks and PSN is often crappy. PSN is no longer free so you'll have to buy PSN too if you buy a PS4.

Edit: Just read you got a new one and its fixed lol. I've never heard of anyone else having that issue and btw, did you get to keep the other COD code? I got lucky and they let me keep an extra Titanfall code, I sold it for close to $50 making the hassle easier to deal with.

@ProtossX said:
@chaplain

yes 900 gigs I could def believe

and don't get me wrong i woulda just accepted it as fine

i just can't game with something as loud as a lawnmower going off in the background its just way too much noise :(

I know i bought it walmart and walmart sucks plus it was up front so god knows what they did to it

but they have a good return policy so im going in about hour to return it

here are my options

replace it try a different call of duty xbone

or buy playstation 4 with call of duty instead?

or try to get like 350 dollar model with call of duty (might be less loud?)

anyway what do u guys think i should do

plus i have to buy xbox live to play it so thats gonna be another 50 dollars for a year