Bored. Yawn. ODST.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

pr3dator951

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 pr3dator951
Member since 2005 • 200 Posts

Ok so i got ODST on launch day, beat the game that same day. Now im kind of bored. Sure i can go back and find the other audiofiles, but thats about it :-/ Firefight is fun, but to a certain point, gets old after playing it for hours. I love the style of this game, I just wish campaign was longer so i could enjoy it more. Multiplayer is the same as Halo 3, bringing nothing new to the table. Yet that is keeping me more occupied than ODST. Anyone else feel the same way? bored??

cthecoffee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 cthecoffee
Member since 2003 • 1432 Posts

i knew i would feel the same way you were right now a few months ago, thats why i didnt even bother buying it

MissMorphine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 MissMorphine
Member since 2008 • 1156 Posts

ive never been a halo fan. but i found the previous games enjoyable. but a 4hr campaign. come on. thats y im not getting MW2 im tired of games with short campaigns. and well im not really into the whole MP wagon. due to my really lame connection. so 60 bucks for a game that will last 3 hrs. no thenx.

trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 trugs26
Member since 2004 • 7539 Posts

Do you think it warranted a cheaper price? And should be seen in the light of an expansion? Or is it truly its own game?

pr3dator951

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 pr3dator951

i knew i would feel the same way you were right now a few months ago, thats why i didnt even bother buying it

cthecoffee

good call on your part :P i dont regret buying it, just wish their was more :( it was a bargain for me, i didn't have Halo 3, but now i have multiplayer so im happy, but thats keeping me entertained more than the game i really was looking forward too :-/

taj7575

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#6 taj7575
Member since 2008 • 12084 Posts

ive never been a halo fan. but i found the previous games enjoyable. but a 4hr campaign. come on. thats y im not getting MW2 im tired of games with short campaigns. and well im not really into the whole MP wagon. due to my really lame connection. so 60 bucks for a game that will last 3 hrs. no thenx.

MissMorphine

I agree. Im sick of game devs coming out with crappy single players. SP is what makes the game great. So what if ODST has nice MP? It's basically the same as 3, and next thing you know, you'll be bored of the game in less than a month. The same thing happened to me with WaW. 4 hour SP, and the same, recycled, MP from 4 that entertained me for a few months. How is that supposed to interest me?

geedotherodian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 90

#7 geedotherodian
Member since 2008 • 697 Posts

MissMorphine

thats a little extreme from what i've heard the game is around seven hours long on heroic (and since Jeff Gerstmann can't lie it's true) although i agree it is too short especially for 60$ bundled with a multiplayer that has already been released.

pr3dator951

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 pr3dator951

Do you think it warranted a cheaper price? And should be seen in the light of an expansion? Or is it truly its own game?

trugs26

before actually playing the game i would have said "whatever i'll pay the $60 its gonna be a decent size game" after playing it, it definately should have been cheaper, added as an expansion to Halo 3 off of marketplace. and if it was off of Halo 3 then we would have been most likely guaranteed Firefight to have matchmaking. is it worth $60? no.

rangegear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 rangegear
Member since 2008 • 3029 Posts

So sell it? whatever.

pr3dator951

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 pr3dator951

So sell it? whatever.

rangegear

um no...it has Halo 3 multiplayer, I dont own Halo 3 so i want the multiplayer atleast, plus i like firefight, but won't be over obsessing over it.

stopthemeiosis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 stopthemeiosis
Member since 2009 • 38 Posts

O Multiplayer is the same as Halo 3, bringing nothing new to the table. Yet that is keeping me more occupied than ODST.

pr3dator951
Clearly why i didn't buy it. I only buy games for the multiplayer and I can have the same multiplayer on Halo 3 as i can get on ODST.
x360owna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 x360owna
Member since 2009 • 419 Posts
I love it. I have trouble deciding what to play. I could do campaign, Matchmaking, Forge, and Firefight. I;ve tried everyone so far minus forge.
crazywayne287

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 crazywayne287
Member since 2006 • 950 Posts

trugs26

In my honest opinion this game should have been a $20 dollar expansion, and it should have included matchmaking. That would be a good price for what you actually get.

Honestly, When I compare this game to what I have purchased recently... such as wet, civilization revolution, batman arkham asylum... it just does not compare to those games. Like I said, this is MY OPNION.

I do enjoy the game, and it is fun, but that does not mean it should be $60. Shoot, shadow complex was 20 bucks and it was far superior to this.

stopthemeiosis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 stopthemeiosis
^^^^^^^^^^^^ Yeah but they're in it to make a quick buck, so it would never be below 59.99. And wet looks AMAZING, how is it?
Ov3rk1LL4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Ov3rk1LL4
Member since 2009 • 26 Posts

I'll admit it should of been atleast 40-50$ max, but I still found it enjoyable. Considering I never bought the new maps for halo it was actually a decent deal for me, and while the campiagn is pretty short (took me 8 hours on legendary) I thought it was extremely well done considering its length.

crazywayne287

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 crazywayne287
Member since 2006 • 950 Posts

^^^^^^^^^^^^ Yeah but they're in it to make a quick buck, so it would never be below 59.99. And wet looks AMAZING, how is it?stopthemeiosis

I thought it was great. Honestly I am really enjoying everything that is not a FPS or Racing game at this point, just because it is something different. I loved the style, soundtrack, and over gameplay. the parts that were "hard" to get past were more frustrating than fun though. There is also a decent amount of stuff to go back and do for replay. I'm gonna play it over on a harder difficulty one of these days.

dukerav

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 dukerav
Member since 2003 • 2029 Posts
There needs to be an Official "Lets complain about ODST" thread, this is getting crazy.
stopthemeiosis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 stopthemeiosis

[QUOTE="stopthemeiosis"]^^^^^^^^^^^^ Yeah but they're in it to make a quick buck, so it would never be below 59.99. And wet looks AMAZING, how is it?crazywayne287

I thought it was great. Honestly I am really enjoying everything that is not a FPS or Racing game at this point, just because it is something different. I loved the style, soundtrack, and over gameplay. the parts that were "hard" to get past were more frustrating than fun though. There is also a decent amount of stuff to go back and do for replay. I'm gonna play it over on a harder difficulty one of these days.

Nice man. I played the demo. Definitely looks like a game to pick up.
PyroRick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 PyroRick
Member since 2009 • 56 Posts

i think i got a pretty good deal, when i bought the game i got a 20$ giftcard so it was technically 40$, and the campaignWAS short but new and fun, i liked 4 playercoop, firefight is awesome with 4 peopleand i didnt have the DLC and the game gives it to you for free. So i think it was a good deal for me.