Borderlands worth it?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

aero4444

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 aero4444
Member since 2005 • 2047 Posts

hey guys, im not big of a fun of RPGs. i can buy borderlands for the xbox 360 brand new sealed for 40 bucks, is it worth it or no? i mean the game itself , is it fun? i dont have too many ppl on live who i see playing this with me, so please let me know, should i buy it or not.. i mean do u regret buying the game yourself?

TheReptile502

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 TheReptile502
Member since 2008 • 142 Posts

Do I regret buying it? No. Is it worth it? Yes, so much that I bought my step-son a copy so he could join in on the fun.

chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#3 chaoscougar1
Member since 2005 • 37603 Posts
most of my friends list is playing it, and i can honestly say i have not put this much time in such a short space of time, into one game in a while
narog84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#4 narog84
Member since 2006 • 1126 Posts

is a shooter with some really interesting gameplay features but if you want rpg i don't think this is the game for you .

i played single and at first i say WTF this suck then at level 10 is get fun for me explosive revolver rulz

vp22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 vp22
Member since 2008 • 1443 Posts
its a really great game
chasingmaynard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 chasingmaynard
Member since 2005 • 3416 Posts

hey guys, im not big of a fun of RPGs.aero4444

What did you mean to type? You aren't a big fan of RPGs? Well, Borderlands is a "smartened up" FPS blended with a "dumbed down" RPG. I have 3 characters going for single player, and another character for splitscreen.

I make $20 an hour, and I bought it full price, so that means it took a measily 3 hours of work for me to pay for it. I have played the game for over 40 hours of pure fun. You can do the math to figure if it was worth it or not.

Large_Soda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#7 Large_Soda
Member since 2003 • 8658 Posts

I'll preface my post by saying I really don't care for traditional RPGs, like Final Fantasy, or Blue Dragon, but I have enjoyed games like Diablo, Titan Quest and To Human. That being said, I love Borderlands and if you are staying away from it because it incorporates "RPG" into its sales pitch, just disregard that, it's not that kind of game. I would however recommend you rent it first, because the loot collecting aspect of the game may not be your cup of tea.

Avatar image for DamianAlexander
DamianAlexander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 DamianAlexander
Member since 2008 • 3762 Posts

The RPG elements of the game are the icing on top. Leveling up simply makes you stronger by giving you more abilities, health, and better special abilities. Over all its a FPS and at that its an amazing one. You won't go 5 minutes without killing a ton of enemies, getting a ton of loot, and finding yourself wanting more. The game only gets better when you play with others online because more enemies spawn, stronger enemies spawn more often, and better loot drops. This is the best game I've played all year and I strongly recommend it. I just beat it this morning around 5 O'clock in the morning and only got 4 hours of sleep but it was one of the funnest nights online. You won't regret picking this up.

P.S. It has huge replay value. All of the classes are different, fun, and addicting to level up so that you can use your special abilities.

JS0123456789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 JS0123456789
Member since 2007 • 927 Posts

It definitely worth it, it's a lot of fun. It's a great game and has a lot of replay value. The rpg elements are pretty accessible.

deadpool757

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 deadpool757
Member since 2009 • 166 Posts
yeah get it its a very innovative rpg fps. hahaha actually its like the only RPG FPS. so yeah get it.
qbell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 qbell
Member since 2006 • 1035 Posts
a friend of mine was in the same boat as you. he thought he might not like it because he didnt care for rpgs even mass effect! but after a few hours he said its in his top 5 360 games.
OfficialBed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 OfficialBed
Member since 2005 • 17668 Posts

hey guys, im not big of a fun of RPGs. i can buy borderlands for the xbox 360 brand new sealed for 40 bucks, is it worth it or no? i mean the game itself , is it fun? i dont have too many ppl on live who i see playing this with me, so please let me know, should i buy it or not.. i mean do u regret buying the game yourself?

aero4444

Sure buy it. Why can't you ake your own decisions? There are always going to be people that like the game and dislike the game. Do your own research and find out if it looks like something you will enjoy. You can also rent it and see for yourself.

kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13 kitty  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 115429 Posts
It's definitely worth the purchase, it's a really fun game.
jad206

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 jad206
Member since 2009 • 1821 Posts
Do i regreat buying this game? Not at all. I bougth it for 60 dollers(dont live in canada :|) and I'll be buying the DLC that will be released sometime this year.
imperial_agent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#15 imperial_agent
Member since 2006 • 2195 Posts

it took a while to grow on me, but it's a solid game. can be really difficult at times, so be ready for a tough challenge. the main thing I don't like is the user interface. you'll be spending a lot of time in your inventory screen, organizing all your stuff, and it's more trouble thanit should be to manage all of it. some of the buttons in the inventory screen are unintuitive.

I've played better FPS games than this, but it's fun completing quests with your friends. It isn't that fun going at it alone. It's a pretty good game, not awesome but it's definately fun at times. It can get monotonous though so around level 20 I started getting bored.

craigalan23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 craigalan23
Member since 2006 • 15879 Posts
You shouldn't buy the game if you need someone to tell you that you should buy it. You should only buy games that you know you will like.
Avatar image for Dweedleking5000
Dweedleking5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Dweedleking5000
Member since 2009 • 219 Posts
nah its pretty meh.. Average at best. They tried to sell it as the next best RPG but it failed in that respect. Had to warp my copy so I could take it back to EB to get my $$ back
orb_03_2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 75

#18 orb_03_2006
Member since 2006 • 8494 Posts
for $40, that's a steal :D
Sins-of-Mosin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Sins-of-Mosin
Member since 2008 • 3855 Posts
I've never had every single friend who was online play the same game before until Borderlands. I had six friends on last weekend all playing it. It is very much worth the price as the replay value is huge. You can play it four times each one being very different so buy it now!