Bioshock....Harvest or no?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

SuperBeast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 SuperBeast
Member since 2002 • 13229 Posts
Just rented Bioshock and met my first little sister.... Now from what I understand, Bioshock at at least 2 different endings. From what I've seen around the boards the only to get the *good* ending is if you rescue the little sisters. I'm definitely not going to have time to play through the game again and probably won't buy it.... So is the bad ending going to screw up the story or are both endings satisfying?
Avatar image for II-FBIsniper-II
II-FBIsniper-II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 II-FBIsniper-II
Member since 2005 • 18067 Posts

There are three endings.

Harvest All

Save All

50/50

All endings were disapointing imo and you could always watch them on Youtube.

wlcm2atl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#3 wlcm2atl
Member since 2005 • 129 Posts

they are both satisfying....

but if you are an achievement whore (like me) you get an extra one for saving all the little sisters

NSR34GTR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 NSR34GTR
Member since 2007 • 13179 Posts
i thought thers just 2 endings
blue_tape

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 blue_tape
Member since 2007 • 2868 Posts
The game is notably easier if you save all the little sisters, plus you will get more achievement points. Both endings are short and of the same quality, so it's just a matter of your preference.
Avatar image for II-FBIsniper-II
II-FBIsniper-II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 II-FBIsniper-II
Member since 2005 • 18067 Posts
i thought thers just 2 endingsNSR34GTR
There are 3, youtube it.
Zach68486

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#7 Zach68486
Member since 2008 • 884 Posts
I usually harvest them. After going through all the trouble of fighting a Big Daddy, I want as much ADAM as I can get.
SuperBeast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 SuperBeast
Member since 2002 • 13229 Posts

The game is notably easier if you save all the little sisters, plus you will get more achievement points. Both endings are short and of the same quality, so it's just a matter of your preference.blue_tape

I've harvested 3 of them so far, but can go back since I made a save before the first. How is the game easier if you save the little sisters? Seems to be the game would be easier if you harvested them all due to everything you do to them ..... I hear that if you save them all you get a TON of plasmids as a reward, but isn't that near the end of the game? I'm not interested in achievement points.....

club-sandwich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 club-sandwich
Member since 2007 • 8399 Posts
save them all first.
-GhostMLD-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 -GhostMLD-
Member since 2008 • 3282 Posts

Wanna see if you have a soul?

Save all little sisters. See the good ending. If you tear and/or cry, you have a soul.

I harvested and saved them, played twice, but I saved them first.

Avatar image for YourChaosIsntMe
YourChaosIsntMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 YourChaosIsntMe
Member since 2007 • 1228 Posts

It's up to you!

Bioshock is exponentially more interesting if your familiar with Ayn Rand's Theory of Objectivism.

First, you consider how the developers feel about Ayn Rand's theory, and how they may have incorporated Objectivism into the game (did they agree or disagree? Or did they surpass such obtuse limitations, and REALLY utilize Objectivism in the game?)

I found that it was the latter. There is no legitimate solution, really. Your intuition defines what your character will become, so asking advice on how to approach the Little Sisters forces the game to be redundant. The game provides you with information and stimuli, and you're intended to make the choice. There is no real good ending, even that is subjective. When you see all three, you may or may not understand. You have every right to save or kill them, the games setting necessitates the ethical validation of both choices. I've intended to write a blog on the sociological and philosophical themes of Bioshock, but obviously this isn't the place, so I'll leave it here in this cliff-noted disjointed form. So it goes.

blue_tape

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 blue_tape
Member since 2007 • 2868 Posts
There is no real good ending, even that is subjective.YourChaosIsntMe
Or there is a "good" ending, and we just got a bit caught up in ourselves for a moment.
codezer0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#13 codezer0
Member since 2004 • 15898 Posts
If you want to try and get all the achievements in a single playthrough, go through it on hard, disable the vita chambers, and save ALL the little sisters, as well as making sure you pick up/buy every gene tonic and upgrade that you can. Harvesting gets you more adam right away, but every three sisters you save gets you bonus adam and at times bonus tonics that you cannot get any other way. while the adam you get from harvesting three is a little more than what you get doing the saving route, it's IMO not enough to justify the loss of those gene tonics that you can get for the rescue. And sometimes you can glitch your way to get extra little sisters in some levels/chapters. If you can beat it on hard, using no vita-chambers, AND save all the little sisters you can, you can easily earn at least 300 gamer points on that first playthrough - another 50 for doing it on hard.
Avatar image for YourChaosIsntMe
YourChaosIsntMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 YourChaosIsntMe
Member since 2007 • 1228 Posts

[QUOTE="YourChaosIsntMe"]There is no real good ending, even that is subjective.blue_tape
Or there is a "good" ending, and we just got a bit caught up in ourselves for a moment.

A little bit, I think. Sometimes I don't realize how arrogant my "from-the-hip" comments (in person or online) can sound until I read or hear them later. Haha, we all have our hang-ups, eh?

Though, I do believe that there is no legitimate "good ending," just what we would typically consider a "good ending."