BioShock .. is it really THAT good?

• 64 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

hitmanlee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 hitmanlee
Member since 2006 • 279 Posts
Is it really that good? I haven't played or got it yet, due to problems with my vid cable. Getting a new one soon, along with BioShock, and the hype around this is amazing so far .. So I don't think I'll be disappointed .. but is it overrated? I thought Gears of War was a highly overrated game.

Is it as good as everybody says it is?
Avatar image for ColoradoKindBud
ColoradoKindBud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 ColoradoKindBud
Member since 2005 • 23882 Posts
You can't just look at all the high reviews & know that it's a stellar game? I believe it's the 3rd or 4th highest rated game ever at Gamerankings.com Yes, it's that good.
_RA0_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 _RA0_
Member since 2007 • 855 Posts
rent it, then you'll know if its good or not
hitmanlee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 hitmanlee
Well, I looked at the reviews for Gears (Top rated game for 360) bought it, and did not like it. I'm a huge fan of shooters, and I wasn't impressed. Reviews don't mean much to me. But, I mean, the demo was great .. and that was a little taste, so I'm fairly certain that it is that good.
PANDADjCK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 PANDADjCK
Member since 2007 • 57 Posts
Is it really that good? I haven't played or got it yet, due to problems with my vid cable. Getting a new one soon, along with BioShock, and the hype around this is amazing so far .. So I don't think I'll be disappointed .. but is it overrated? I thought Gears of War was a highly overrated game.

Is it as good as everybody says it is?hitmanlee
Play the demo and then buy it or rent it.
hitmanlee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 hitmanlee
Well I did play the demo, and found it to be amazing. I just wanted to know if the whole game was just as good, or better.
Pete5506

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#8 Pete5506
Member since 2006 • 10112 Posts
Yes the game is one of the best game ever to be made
Avatar image for ColoradoKindBud
ColoradoKindBud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 ColoradoKindBud
Member since 2005 • 23882 Posts

Well I did play the demo, and found it to be amazing. I just wanted to know if the whole game was just as good, or better.hitmanlee

Yes, the entire game is just as good/better than the demo.

LiquidOlimar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 LiquidOlimar
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

Absolutely brilliant game all round, great story, enemies and visuals. Unfortunatly i didnt like the last boss

hitmanlee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 hitmanlee
Well, I think that's all the convincing I need guys. Thanks.
bluezclue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 bluezclue
Member since 2005 • 1865 Posts
gears was over rated.... bioshock is under rated (going by gamespots review) but yes...this game is THAT good..
padawon51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 padawon51
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts
Yes! You should play it the first chance you get.
hitmanlee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 hitmanlee

Absolutely brilliant game all round, great story, enemies and visuals. Unfortunatly i didnt like the last boss

LiquidOlimar
For what reason? Too hard, too easy or just no fun?
zzyang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 zzyang
Member since 2006 • 217 Posts
Play the demo. I loved it.
hitmanlee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 hitmanlee
Alright. I'm getting my vid cord Monday or Tuesday, and getting BioShock Thurday. Can't wait to try it out.
warz989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 warz989
Member since 2006 • 1118 Posts

Bioshock was overrated. The enemies all look the same, the game is very linear, and it doesn have much replay value. You either love it or hate it. Theres no in between.

Radiozo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Radiozo
Member since 2006 • 2413 Posts
Best game Ive played in 10 years.
kambion313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 kambion313
Member since 2006 • 712 Posts

Bioshock was overrated. The enemies all look the same, the game is very linear, and it doesn have much replay value. You either love it or hate it. Theres no in between.

warz989

the enemies look the same in all good shooters (half life 2 has like 5 different things you kill, halo maybe has 5 or 6 enemies) if people reviewed games like that you could say whatever you want and make it bad....EX: the new mario sucks, all the enemies look the same and the game is very linear......you can say that about anything...OH and i liked this game A LOT, last time i checked, that is squarely between loveing it and hating it, buy this game if you have a 360, and if you cant be objective when looking at a game, dont say negative things about it....peace

GEARSofWAR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 GEARSofWAR360
Member since 2006 • 1405 Posts
yes its awsome but i wish i would have saved the little sisters so i could have gotten the good ending
warz989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 warz989
[QUOTE="warz989"]

kambion313

the enemies look the same in all good shooters (half life 2 has like 5 different things you kill, halo maybe has 5 or 6 enemies) if people reviewed games like that you could say whatever you want and make it bad....EX: the new mario sucks, all the enemies look the same and the game is very linear......you can say that about anything...OH and i liked this game A LOT, last time i checked, that is squarely between loveing it and hating it, buy this game if you have a 360, and if you cant be objective when looking at a game, dont say negative things about it....peace

i didnt even bother to read your post...all I wanna say is its my opinion and you cant change it

luckypants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 luckypants
Member since 2007 • 674 Posts

eh, its alright, but that is just my opinion. You should rent or buy it. . .

Avatar image for depresedmichfan
depresedmichfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 depresedmichfan
Member since 2005 • 1109 Posts
yes, it's that good. possibly the best gaming experience i've ever had.
xxcommixx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#25 xxcommixx
Member since 2006 • 1426 Posts

I just got back from playing it. I'm nearly done with the game, and this one part is frustrating (but I won't give away any spoilers, don't worry)

Yes, this game is superb. Actually, I didn't enjoy the demo much, but the overall game turned out to be a great experience, and (so far) one of the best games I've ever played. Yes, the game does seem to get a bit repetitive and slow paced, but only at times.

Get it!

Galen20K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Galen20K
Member since 2003 • 556 Posts
Its even BETTER than all the REviews and Hype, you HAVE to play it for YourSelf and let us know then!!!! - D
Galen20K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Galen20K
Member since 2003 • 556 Posts
[QUOTE="kambion313"][QUOTE="warz989"]

warz989

i didnt even bother to read your post...all I wanna say is its my opinion and you cant change it

Boy! That sounds VERY Intelligent and thought out!!! AhaHAhahaa Why even Post it then?

Chack1598

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Chack1598
Member since 2004 • 1351 Posts
[QUOTE="kambion313"][QUOTE="warz989"]

warz989

You're a lovely person

hitmanlee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 hitmanlee
Wow. I just got back on .. didn't expect to see as much posts as I did. Thanks guys. I'm getting this game, no doubt about it.
Guuthulhu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 74

User Lists: 3

#30 Guuthulhu
Member since 2005 • 725 Posts
it was okay. too short, too liniar, barely a story which you have no direct control over, and no replay value other than stellar graphics and sound and achievements. i also found most the plasmids to be useless. it lost it's luster to me just after the 2nd mission. i wish it had more cut scenes like the teaser, but you don't. but, what can you expect from an fps. it's worth playing through once, though i'd rent it first. it'll only take you about 12-14 hours to get through.
furtherfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 furtherfan
Member since 2007 • 3699 Posts

the game is EXTREMELY well made. sound, gameplay, story, art, controls, immersion, all are top knotch.

YES, it's THAT good.

ethanraiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 ethanraiden
Member since 2004 • 1579 Posts
Yes it really is that good, it's the only game with a decent story since HL2
hitmanlee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 hitmanlee

I've heard that the game can take up to 20 hours to beat .. and considering I'm the sort of gamer that likes to explore, I think this game should be of good value to me.

furtherfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 furtherfan
Member since 2007 • 3699 Posts

I've heard that the game can take up to 20 hours to beat .. and considering I'm the sort of gamer that likes to explore, I think this game should be of good value to me.

hitmanlee

there is a lot to collect. and it's nice to do so. i even like the hacking.

hitmanlee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 hitmanlee
[QUOTE="hitmanlee"]

furtherfan

What, exactly, do you hack? You can hack bots .. cameras (I think?) .. turrets .. Also, how do you hack them? A mini-game sort of thing?
Gaara79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Gaara79
Member since 2005 • 4476 Posts

It's a great game. Not without it's flaws, but I can't really get into those in detail without spoiling anything. All I'm saying is don't harvest any little sisters on your fist time through and you'll get the best experience. The game kinda falls apart in the end if you do harvest them. Still I think it'll be my favorite game of the year though.:D

Guuthulhu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 74

User Lists: 3

#38 Guuthulhu
Member since 2005 • 725 Posts
[QUOTE="furtherfan"][QUOTE="hitmanlee"]

hitmanlee

What, exactly, do you hack? You can hack bots .. cameras (I think?) .. turrets .. Also, how do you hack them? A mini-game sort of thing?

yeah. it's like that old pipe dream game where you put the fragments of pipe together. you can aut-hack them as well by using an autohack or paying $$. the downside is the difficult ones can be impossible to do manually because they're generated at random, so it can get frustrating.

Slacker4life77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#39 Slacker4life77
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts
8/10 tis all...
owskie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#40 owskie
Member since 2003 • 425 Posts
its too good
jamejame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 jamejame
Member since 2005 • 10634 Posts
No it's not that good, it'snot my fourth favorite game of all time (as gamerankings lists it a being like the #4 best rated game of all time), but it is a damn good game, with lots of replay value, and in my opinion well worth the $60.
chefstubbies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#42 chefstubbies
Member since 2007 • 2583 Posts
I absolutely love Bioshock. Anyone who says that the gameplay is linear and the enemies all look the same is describing every single shooter ever made. What sets this one apart? You'll have to play it yourself to find out.
SnoopRatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 SnoopRatt
Member since 2007 • 186 Posts
no its garbage, its way over rated much like gears of war
mattg90520

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 mattg90520
Member since 2006 • 3115 Posts
its very addictive... sander cohens is amazing
mastarifla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 mastarifla
Member since 2005 • 2448 Posts
no its garbage, its way over rated much like gears of warSnoopRatt
Hmm... lvl 3 with 11 posts... either a ban dodger or a hard core sony fanboy, either way don't listen
Jade233

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#46 Jade233
Member since 2005 • 191 Posts
Yes it is that good. I too was reluctant to believe the hype. Even after reading all the stellar reviews before playing I was STILL impressed and blown away by this game. If you like FPS this is a must-buy.
amapi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 amapi
Member since 2005 • 2404 Posts
Its good, but I personally think its overrated.
warz989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 warz989
[QUOTE="warz989"][QUOTE="kambion313"][QUOTE="warz989"]

Chack1598

You're a lovely person

I am just tired of argueing about it is all...clearly you havent read all the other 100 bioshock topics exactly like this one.

trentman7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 trentman7
Member since 2007 • 2969 Posts

I have BioShock and I have to say it is an absolutely awesome game. The graphics (especially the water) are great, the enemies are good, the diverse amount of ways you can approach different situations and the atmosphere and storyline. Definately worth a 9.5 imo

neXtgenisis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#50 neXtgenisis
Member since 2006 • 775 Posts
yes