bioshock infinite

This topic is locked from further discussion.

BeNOwNz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 BeNOwNz
Member since 2006 • 2942 Posts

I didn't play bioshock 1 and 2, do we have to play it for infinite? or is it unrelated?

thankss

Xbox360Gamer15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#2 Xbox360Gamer15
Member since 2009 • 3937 Posts
[QUOTE="BeNOwNz"]

I didn't play bioshock 1 and 2, do we have to play it for infinite? or is it unrelated?

thankss

infinite is a new game but bioshock 1 and 2 are awesome games....infinite is a new series
beau_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 beau_x
Member since 2009 • 180 Posts

thankss

BeNOwNz

Bioshock 1 was fantastic, 2 was meh. They both took place in the same city: Rapture, and were loosely related to each other. On the other hand, Infinite is set in a whole new locale. You may not have to play 1 or 2 to play Infinite but I would play them anyway just so you'll have some understanding of the BioShock universe.

With Infinite, I think they are trying to take BioShock in a Final Fantasy direction (i.e. multiple games under the same name, but each with a different storyline and protagonist).

Avatar image for ZzZEVOLUTIONZzZ
ZzZEVOLUTIONZzZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 ZzZEVOLUTIONZzZ
Member since 2007 • 1987 Posts

thankss

BeNOwNz

the game comes out in 2012 so you have some time to play the originals since you haven't. And let me say they are GREAT games.

on topic: they are unrelated.

coasterguy65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#5 coasterguy65
Member since 2005 • 7133 Posts

Infinite is a whole new game, set in a whole different area with different characters.

Seriously though do yourself a favor and at least pick up Bioshock and play it. !!!

javafriek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 javafriek
Member since 2008 • 752 Posts
I agree with everyone here, bioshock 1 and 2 are epic games that simply shouldn't be missed. Im pretty positive infinite is an entirely new storyline than the first 2 and u will be able to just jump right in. But again, the first 2 shouldn't be missed.
SpArKs424

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 SpArKs424
Member since 2010 • 2203 Posts

Atleast play bioshock 1 you dont have too but its a awesome game . Ummm Number 2 was weak IMO lacked in story and depth . but no you dont need to play any of them to play infinate. Just play bioshock 1 if your a gamer you have too lol :P

Legolas_Katarn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 1

#8 Legolas_Katarn
Member since 2003 • 15556 Posts
Unrelated Forget Bioshock, play a better game like System Shock 2 or Deus Ex.
hansmacher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 hansmacher
Member since 2003 • 900 Posts
[QUOTE="Legolas_Katarn"]Unrelated Forget Bioshock, play a better game like System Shock 2 or Deus Ex.

Yes, SS was a great series... I still have both copies, but that is no reason to forget bioshock. It may not measure up to the SS series, but it is still better than 99 percent of the games out there
javafriek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 javafriek
Member since 2008 • 752 Posts

[QUOTE="Legolas_Katarn"]Unrelated Forget Bioshock, play a better game like System Shock 2 or Deus Ex.hansmacher
Yes, SS was a great series... I still have both copies, but that is no reason to forget bioshock. It may not measure up to the SS series, but it is still better than 99 percent of the games out there

ftw!

Ghost_702

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#11 Ghost_702
Member since 2006 • 7405 Posts
Infinite's story is said to be unrelated to the original storyline of Bioshock 1 & 2. So you don't have to play the first two installments, although I highly recommend doing so. The atmosphere in the games is breath-taking.
wiouds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 wiouds
Member since 2004 • 6233 Posts

I would guess that Bioshock infinite is as related to Bioshock 1 and 2 as FF13 is related to FF10.