BioShock 2, come on...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

istuffedsunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 0

#1 istuffedsunny
Member since 2008 • 6991 Posts

It took them 2 years to write a new plot and tack on a dreathmatch mode? Or am I missing something here? Everything looks and feels the same

DranzarTypeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 DranzarTypeF
Member since 2009 • 2623 Posts

It took them 2 years to write a new plot and tack on a dreathmatch mode? Or am I missing something here? Everything looks and feels the same

istuffedsunny
Sequel ring a bell ???
SSBMFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 97

#3 SSBMFighter
Member since 2005 • 3797 Posts

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
But yeah. It did take awhile, and many people were expecting more out of the story.

deadbeat2381

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 deadbeat2381
Member since 2005 • 976 Posts

i am absolutely loving the multiplayer...capture the sister is way way fun...it took me like an hour or two to get it down, but now it is addicting...its different from every other multiplayer experience...havent played through the single player yet, bc im playing through the first one on hard with no vita chambers first...

i dont understand why ppl complain about the game being similar to the first...that is what every sequel is...you dont hear critics bashing halo or gears for doing it...personally i think it is amazing so far, and it is exactly what i wanted...to return to rapture

TrapMuzik92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 TrapMuzik92
Member since 2009 • 3424 Posts
[QUOTE="deadbeat2381"]

i am absolutely loving the multiplayer...capture the sister is way way fun...it took me like an hour or two to get it down, but now it is addicting...its different from every other multiplayer experience...havent played through the single player yet, bc im playing through the first one on hard with no vita chambers first...

i dont understand why ppl complain about the game being similar to the first...that is what every sequel is...you dont hear critics bashing halo or gears for doing it...personally i think it is amazing so far, and it is exactly what i wanted...to return to rapture

couldnt agree anymore man every sequel is the same except the storyh and gameplay...modern warfare 2? new guns and campaign ooo
Enkeixpress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#6 Enkeixpress
Member since 2006 • 525 Posts

Yes, That's why I haven't bought it.. It's way too much like Bioshock 1.. :(

DJ_Lae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#7 DJ_Lae
Member since 2002 • 42748 Posts

Enkeixpress
That's not really a bad thing.
DranzarTypeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 DranzarTypeF
Member since 2009 • 2623 Posts

Enkeixpress
You were expecting a fighting game or a racer ??? I'm confused, what did you expect ?
capthavic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#9 capthavic
Member since 2003 • 6478 Posts
[QUOTE="DranzarTypeF"][QUOTE="Enkeixpress"]

You were expecting a fighting game or a racer ??? I'm confused, what did you expect ?

Yeah I what did you think it would be like?
rolo107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 rolo107
Member since 2007 • 5469 Posts
Um.. If you look at any history of original IPs, or big changes in sequels, it takes more than two years. Two years is the point where you can add a lot artistically, and a few new features, but not much more. There are exceptions to the rule, but it's true in most cases.
HaDoKeN_NaTe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 HaDoKeN_NaTe
Member since 2005 • 1284 Posts

Enkeixpress
i'm pretty sure he was bein sarcastic lol its like saying "i never played sonic 3 because its way to much like sonic 2" cmon like someone said earlier if it aint broke, dont fix it, and i love the little stuff they added
alma996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#12 alma996
Member since 2008 • 87 Posts

Well, they did write two stories, one with the big sister being the villain, and the one we have now, big sisters attacking you after harvesting or saving the last sister in a level.

chefstubbies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#13 chefstubbies
Member since 2007 • 2583 Posts

This couldn't make less sense.

Bioshock 2 is a sequel that takes place in the same underwater city with the same inhabitants...so obviously it's going to be very similar to the first.

And complaining that it took 2 years for a sequel? If it came out after only 1 year, people would complain that it was rushed.

There's no winning or pleasing some people.

drkessence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 drkessence
Member since 2006 • 237 Posts

I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one confused as hell by this. Too much like Bioshock 1? Like everyone else is asking, "What did you expect?" It's a sequel.....why would it not be the same? Sonic 3 was the same as Sonic 2 which was the same as Sonic 1. Banjo-Tooie was the same as Banjo-Kazooie. Twilight Princess was the same as Wind Waker which was the same as Majora's Mask which was the same as Ocarina of Time. I think you get the picture. I'd really love to know OP's and that other poster's method of thinking here. I mean, did you think they'd make Bioshock 2 an RTS or something?

Anjunaddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Anjunaddict
Member since 2010 • 4178 Posts
Maybe he thought there would be a bigger jump in graphics or something.
drkessence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 drkessence
Member since 2006 • 237 Posts

Maybe he thought there would be a bigger jump in graphics or something. Anjunaddict

It's on the same console, why would it look significantly better? It's all the same hardware. It did look SLIGHTLY better since developers are more familiar with the hardware.

RobboElRobbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17 RobboElRobbo
Member since 2009 • 13668 Posts

I love how the wounds in dead corpses are more realistic. You can paint a body red if you melee it long enough, you couldn't on the first game.