Bioshock 1 vs The Darkness

This topic is locked from further discussion.

JustlyHero3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 JustlyHero3
Member since 2011 • 62 Posts
Which one is better? I can't decide. Bioshock is a first person shooter and looks really fun with all of the enemies. However, The Darkness looks like a game that I can just start playing and not stop because having heads that come off of your back is so much fun! Again, I can't decide. Help me, please.
Legendaryscmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Legendaryscmt
Member since 2005 • 12532 Posts

If you had to choose one, I'd go with Bioshock. I enjoyed the setting a lot more, and the plasmids/weapons all felt different, where in The Darkness, you really didn't need any other weapons besides your pistols. Not to say that the Darkness was bad, it was pretty good. With how cheap they are, you could probably get both used for under $20 if you look good enough.

Talldude80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#3 Talldude80
Member since 2003 • 6321 Posts

try the demos of both games then you'll have an idea which you like better. since they are both pretty old, dont bother renting (unless you have gamefly or something). i highily recommend getting Bioshock though, I have it and its a great game.

coasterguy65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#4 coasterguy65
Member since 2005 • 7133 Posts

Both games are really good, but Bioshock is better...it's a classic. Just grab both if you can afford to. You can usually find them for like $10 each.

doll94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 doll94
Member since 2008 • 1559 Posts
Both are great games.. but I would defo go with Bioshock.
EvilSelf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#6 EvilSelf
Member since 2010 • 3619 Posts

This is a very hard choice to be honest. Both are amazing games. I would rate Bioshock slightly higher because it is a bit longer and the story is bit more engaging (due to the plot twist). The Darkness has a story that we might have seen many more times before in other games or movies, but the presentation is top notch. I love both games.

LankyKong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 LankyKong
Member since 2011 • 2678 Posts

Bioshock is the better game.

hansmacher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 hansmacher
Member since 2003 • 900 Posts
Both have great stories but i feel the controls and action of bioshock is better.
Large_Soda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#9 Large_Soda
Member since 2003 • 8658 Posts
Why even choose? Both games are good (if not great) and if you are resourceful enough you could get both games for $10.
kpo2345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 kpo2345
Member since 2006 • 100 Posts
Without a doubt IMO bioshock. Such an amazing game.
Avatar image for deactivated-61cf0c4baf12e
deactivated-61cf0c4baf12e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#11 deactivated-61cf0c4baf12e
Member since 2006 • 6013 Posts

Both games are must have.

If you have to choose one I'd say Bioshock.

The darkness is shorter and way too easy for my taste. Still, both must be pretty cheap so you should get them as soon as you can (before the darkness2 and bioshock infinite come out).

GAMESHARQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 GAMESHARQ
Member since 2008 • 5988 Posts

I've never heard of the Darkness. If I liked Bioshock, do you think I would like the Darkness too?

I just found out that Darkness 2 is coming out soon. Maybe I'll just wait for that.

EvilSelf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 EvilSelf

I've never heard of the Darkness. If I liked Bioshock, do you think I would like the Darkness too?

I just found out that Darkness 2 is coming out soon. Maybe I'll just wait for that.

GAMESHARQ

No, dont wait. From the looks of it, The Darkness 2 wont be as amazing and epic as the first one. The Darkness (the first one) is such an amazing game, with outstanding voice acting, soundtrack, great graphics (yes, even until today) and features an epic story. The Darkness 2 seems to be more action oriented and not as memorable. Play the first game right now, you wont regret it.

YouVandal3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 YouVandal3
Member since 2007 • 1616 Posts

[QUOTE="GAMESHARQ"]

EvilSelf

No, dont wait. From the looks of it, The Darkness 2 wont be as amazing and epic as the first one. The Darkness (the first one) is such an amazing game, with outstanding voice acting, soundtrack, great graphics (yes, even until today) and features an epic story. The Darkness 2 seems to be more action oriented and not as memorable. Play the first game right now, you wont regret it.

Exactly, PLAY THE FIRST ONE! It's such a cool game! But tc both games are really good, I would try to get both for cheap. Craigslist.com glyde.com.

Schreek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15 Schreek
Member since 2007 • 1637 Posts

Bioshock by far. My vote for the best current gen console game so far and I doubt anything will beat it out.

berserker2389

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 berserker2389
Member since 2010 • 4627 Posts
The Darkness, even though I love Bioshock 1
berserker2389

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 berserker2389
Member since 2010 • 4627 Posts

[QUOTE="GAMESHARQ"]

EvilSelf

It's only like 5 bucks now to or something like that.
nethernova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 nethernova
Member since 2008 • 5721 Posts
Well, get both. I'd pick The Darkness over Bioshock any time though. It took me years to finally finish Bioshock because it would eventually start to bore me and I then got distracted by other games. It's still a good game and everybody should at least have tried it but to me The Darkness was much more intense. I hated the bad guys with a passion and I rarely experience that in games.
Samslayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#19 Samslayer
Member since 2005 • 1852 Posts

Bioshock!

One of the best experiences on the 360! Play it!

zombiejonny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 zombiejonny
Member since 2003 • 8277 Posts

I really enjoyed both of them. Bioshock is better IMO though.

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#21 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts
The Darkness.
GAMESHARQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 GAMESHARQ
Before I buy The Darkness, can someone tell me what kind of weapons the main character has at his disposal?
Avatar image for AHistoryofChaos
AHistoryofChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 AHistoryofChaos
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
I don't really remember the Darkness as well as I do Bioshock, but I really enjoyed both games. In the Darkness, you get a pretty cool power. You can use these demon things to do a variety of attacks (I think. Sorry if I'm not all that helpful, i haven't played it since it first came out). And sometimes in the Darkness, you go back to WW2 (I think) time period and fight. Bioshock is a completely different monster. It is definitely the "better" game, but I enjoyed both of them quite a bit.
EvilSelf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 EvilSelf

Before I buy The Darkness, can someone tell me what kind of weapons the main character has at his disposal?GAMESHARQ

First and foremost you have "The Darkness Guns". Well, actually you acquire them later in the game and since i dont want to spoil much i will only say that they are a pair of pistol-like guns, which have a specific reason to be used for.

Then you also have many other "regular" weapons like pistols, shotguns, machine guns, AKs and so on...

Avatar image for DecadesOfGaming
DecadesOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#25 DecadesOfGaming
Member since 2007 • 3100 Posts

just play one, then play the other!

Alex3796

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 1

#26 Alex3796
Member since 2009 • 2669 Posts
Haven't played The Darkness but I've actually been playing the first BioShock through again and it's just incredible.
GAMESHARQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 GAMESHARQ
I played through the first Bioshock again recently too. It is an incredible game. I just wish the Power to the People machines were not so hard to miss. I hate having to use guides to make sure I didn't miss any. I don't really care about the audio tapes though.
The-Tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 The-Tree
Member since 2010 • 3315 Posts

Bioshock stomps The Darkness.

cgamer191

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 cgamer191
Member since 2009 • 131 Posts
Bioshock is the better game. The Darkness was also a good game, try to get both.
braddlesturbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#30 braddlesturbo
Member since 2007 • 212 Posts

Bioshock is a modern day classic. However The Darkness is still worth playing, it has a great story.

elpooz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 elpooz
Member since 2005 • 5883 Posts

Bioshock is the better of the two imo. It's one of THOSE games, that will simply be remembered as apremier gameof this generation. It set the standard for atmosphere in games for this generation and was a great shooter in its own right. The Darkness is a great game too, though, and you should really just get both. I saw The Darkness for $4 used at Gamestop, and I can't imagine Bioshock costing much more.

Gabe11cap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Gabe11cap
Member since 2003 • 1796 Posts

If you're thinking of downloading either from the marketplace, don't. Just buy the physical game and you won't have to take up a bunch of space on your HD and you can get it cheaper. Marketplace games are a form of highway robbery. They're all overpriced.

Avatar image for DecadesOfGaming
DecadesOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#33 DecadesOfGaming
Member since 2007 • 3100 Posts

Before I buy The Darkness, can someone tell me what kind of weapons the main character has at his disposal?GAMESHARQ

have a look at some 'you tube' 'Darkness' game play vids