BEWARE when buying games on Xbox Live!!!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

flexin007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 flexin007
Member since 2008 • 739 Posts

So I bought a new 360s and when I wanted to re-download my games a few were missing in arcade. I called support and they pretty much told me too bad. The games were pulled and they wouldn't give me any codes to re-download what I'd already paid for, nor would they refund my points to spend on something I could play. It's not as if points cost them... Also, the games can't be removed from my list of games. Sony just keeps looking better... I just canceled the 4,000 points card I had ordered from Amazon as a result. I had plans on buying COD 4 and 5 with that.

- THE POINT IS, THINK TWICE, NO THINK THREE TIMES OR MORE BEFORE GIVING M$ YOUR MONEY!!!
- If you think all those games will be available next gen, or even this gen, think again...

- I know I won't be buying Games on Demand anymore and I'm someone whose bought a number of games already and wanted to buy everything that way in the future.

Avatar image for deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
Member since 2006 • 31700 Posts

Sucks man. Maybe this belongs in your blog, though.

SrgtSaggy101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 SrgtSaggy101
Member since 2004 • 1956 Posts

All games you buy are tied to your gamertag, if you baught them recover your gamertag on the new xbox. then you can redown load all of them again for free.

flexin007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 flexin007

All games you buy are tied to your gamertag, if you baught them recover your gamertag on the new xbox. then you can redown load all of them again for free.

SrgtSaggy101
You apparently did not read my post...and no, this is not a blog. It's to make others aware before they shell out for digital content.
Gen007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 Gen007
Member since 2006 • 11006 Posts

SrgtSaggy101

A few games were pulled from live for legal reasons awhile back so theres no way to re download them. I believe it was all the midway games or something like that.

x-2tha-z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#6 x-2tha-z
Member since 2003 • 8994 Posts
What games have you been unable to re-download?
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#7 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

[QUOTE="SrgtSaggy101"]

Gen007

A few games were pulled from live for legal reasons awhile back so theres no way to re download them. I believe it was all the midway games or something like that.

No

Whatever you bought you own a license to, even games that were pulled

All you have to go to is your list of downloads and pick them to download again

There is no single way for anyone to lose their games even if the games have been removed

mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

User Lists: 1

#9 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts

i was able to redownload mk3 when i deleted it by going to my account download section or what ever its called

chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#10 chaoscougar1
Member since 2005 • 37603 Posts
i have had plenty of new hard drives and 360s, i did a license transfer and got everything i already paid for back for free, so i think this is more user error...
Agent_Kaliaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#11 Agent_Kaliaver
Member since 2004 • 4722 Posts

[QUOTE="Gen007"]

[QUOTE="SrgtSaggy101"]

Jaysonguy

No

There is no single way for anyone to lose their games even if the games have been removed

Lets see.... Maybe removing the ability to access Xbox Live on the 360? They did it with the original Xbox so what is to say they won't do it with the 360.
kinger256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 kinger256
Member since 2005 • 1770 Posts
It's not as if points cost them... flexin007
Not true at all. With points you buy stuff, then Microsoft would then pay the developers about 95%(my guess) of the cost. So in theory they do cost money.
chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 chaoscougar1
Member since 2005 • 37603 Posts
[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

[QUOTE="Gen007"]

Agent_Kaliaver

No

Lets see.... Maybe removing the ability to access Xbox Live on the 360? They did it with the original Xbox so what is to say they won't do it with the 360.

why is that even relevant? a new xbox hasnt even been announced, what a nonsensical thing to say...
BL4CKV4LOR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 BL4CKV4LOR
Member since 2009 • 49 Posts

Is your internet plugged in?

archvile_78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 archvile_78
Member since 2007 • 8438 Posts

Go in your download history, its tied to your gamertag so any games that have been removed from the marketplace will still be up for download.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

I agree with what everyone else is saying, it's definitely a user fault.

Everything is linked to your Gamertag, there is no way for them to disappear. Your either trolling or haven't looked properly in the dashboard. Go back and look around, you will find them. I know many people who have recovered their gamertags and memory on new 360's and have got everything back. Maybe your doing something wrong?

loudharley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 loudharley
Member since 2005 • 1852 Posts

I think that this is possibly a fake complaint.Ive never had this problem nor has anyone i know.Not saying it couldnt happen but i smell some shinanigans with your thread.

Xbox360Gamer15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#18 Xbox360Gamer15
Member since 2009 • 3937 Posts

So I bought a new 360s and when I wanted to re-download my games a few were missing in arcade. I called support and they pretty much told me too bad. The games were pulled and they wouldn't give me any codes to re-download what I'd already paid for, nor would they refund my points to spend on something I could play. It's not as if points cost them... Also, the games can't be removed from my list of games. Sony just keeps looking better... I just canceled the 4,000 points card I had ordered from Amazon as a result. I had plans on buying COD 4 and 5 with that.

- THE POINT IS, THINK TWICE, NO THINK THREE TIMES OR MORE BEFORE GIVING M$ YOUR MONEY!!!
- If you think all those games will be available next gen, or even this gen, think again...

- I know I won't be buying Games on Demand anymore and I'm someone whose bought a number of games already and wanted to buy everything that way in the future.

flexin007

dont even think about sony..sometimes theres things that cant be helped

True_Chaos_UK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 True_Chaos_UK
Member since 2010 • 2570 Posts

I downloaded Ninja Gaiden Black again well after it was removed from the dashbord by using the method above posters have listed.

It would be easier if you named what games you were having problems with in your post.

Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts
Now you wish you bought a DVD copy of the game instead
Decoy123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Decoy123
Member since 2004 • 816 Posts

ive noticed it not letting me redownload really really really old freebees from like 2006 not 100% sure but i think yaris was one of them so in a way they did me a favor. did do it through download history to.

dkidfrmdbx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#22 dkidfrmdbx
Member since 2005 • 453 Posts

did you make sure to transfer your licenses, once you do that you should be able to get all your games back

Avatar image for ZzZEVOLUTIONZzZ
ZzZEVOLUTIONZzZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#23 ZzZEVOLUTIONZzZ
Member since 2007 • 1987 Posts

flexin007

I have never once had any issue with re-downloading ANY of my game including my 4 games on demand. dead space, mass effect, burnout paradise, saints row. Every single arcade game, gamer picture, theme, addon package, EVERYTHING was available for redownload. I have purchased a xbox 3 times and every time i was able to recover my xbox live gamertag and redownload everything that i had before via xboxlive.com, sign in, and go to download/purchase history. Sorry you had a bad time but i have nothing but good experiences with this.

Zophar87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#24 Zophar87
Member since 2008 • 4344 Posts

flexin007

So you failed to recover your gamertag? That's not Microsoft's fault.

I smell a troll.

flexin007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 flexin007

I appreciate the help from those of you who gave good advice! Got my games back as well as some pre-order bonuses, themes, etc. Still won't be buying any more games on demand now until they guarantee us future support with upcoming console gens.

ZzZEVOLUTIONZzZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 ZzZEVOLUTIONZzZ

I appreciate the help from those of you who gave good advise! Got my games back as well as some pre-order bonuses, themes, etc. Still won't be buying any more games on demand now until they guarantee us future support with upcoming console gens.

flexin007

If you can digitally download them i am sure you will be able to digitally download them to a new console. The next gen of consoles are not even in the making yet some where i read they are like 4-5 years off still which is why they are doing playstation move and xbox kinect.

bigM10231

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 bigM10231
Member since 2008 • 11240 Posts

[QUOTE="flexin007"]

I appreciate the help from those of you who gave good advise! Got my games back as well as some pre-order bonuses, themes, etc. Still won't be buying any more games on demand now until they guarantee us future support with upcoming console gens.

ZzZEVOLUTIONZzZ

If you can digitally download them i am sure you will be able to digitally download them to a new console. The next gen of consoles are not even in the making yet some where i read they are like 4-5 years off still which is why they are doing playstation move and xbox kinect.

i heard nintendo is going for a 7 year run for consoles but the others are planning a 10 year run
mattg90520

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 mattg90520
Member since 2006 • 3115 Posts
Dont buy Games on Demand anyway. Its a rip-off. Granted, I think the idea of digital distribution is great and I love it but Microsoft has it all wrong. I now see what Gabe Newell of Valve was talking about. These games should be cheap since youre just getting the files, nothing tangible. Any game on demand will cost you 20, 30 bucks on Live, even if its over three years old but go on Steam, you can get games less than a year old for 10 bucks (Heck, theyve got L4D and L4D2 for 6 bucks each right now - they gave away Portal for free for a week a few months back). Only when Microsoft gets this will their on-demand service be worthwhile.
aarencarter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 aarencarter
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
It all depends, but Thnx all the same.
Funconsole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Funconsole
Member since 2009 • 3223 Posts
You go on to support on site and go to License transfer. Then after you're done that, you re-download. :| Fake alert?
ZzZEVOLUTIONZzZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 ZzZEVOLUTIONZzZ

Dont buy Games on Demand anyway. Its a rip-off. Granted, I think the idea of digital distribution is great and I love it but Microsoft has it all wrong. I now see what Gabe Newell of Valve was talking about. These games should be cheap since youre just getting the files, nothing tangible. Any game on demand will cost you 20, 30 bucks on Live, even if its over three years old but go on Steam, you can get games less than a year old for 10 bucks (Heck, theyve got L4D and L4D2 for 6 bucks each right now - they gave away Portal for free for a week a few months back). Only when Microsoft gets this will their on-demand service be worthwhile.mattg90520

You forgot the part where everyone doesn't have a gaming PC but has a xbox 360.