Battlefield 3 or modern warfare 3?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

arsenal262

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 arsenal262
Member since 2010 • 592 Posts

Which one do you prefer?

Avatar image for dragonslayerssj
dragonslayerssj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 dragonslayerssj
Member since 2003 • 1974 Posts
i will end up getting both eventually as i like both games. although i can see this as beeing another why battlefield is better than call of duty thread even though neither new game is actually out yet...
EliteM0nk3y

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 EliteM0nk3y
Member since 2010 • 3382 Posts
Will be getting Battlefield 3. Would rather have it for my PC, but I don't have one capable of running it. I'll likely just borrow MW3 from my brother.
sharkbiscuit79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 sharkbiscuit79
Member since 2009 • 1142 Posts
Battlefield 3, Now can we have no more of these threads EVERY DAY!
king871

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 king871
Member since 2008 • 289 Posts

This is a joke right. again with this mw3 is going to be such a flop. same multiplayer for years to come. same 1 hour storyline i mean come on you and your horrible ideas make me vomit

Stevo7991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Stevo7991
Member since 2010 • 1319 Posts
[QUOTE="EliteM0nk3y"]Will be getting Battlefield 3. Would rather have it for my PC, but I don't have one capable of running it. I'll likely just borrow MW3 from my brother.

Long ago, people used to make threads about: BFBC2 VS MW2, BFBC2 vs Black ops
Avatar image for HilbillyRokstar
HilbillyRokstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 HilbillyRokstar
Member since 2007 • 3236 Posts

Battlefield, no contest.

Alex3796

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 1

#8 Alex3796
Member since 2009 • 2669 Posts
Chances are I won't purchase either. But if I were to buy one, it would be Battlefield 3. I can't stand Call of Duty (other than COD4).
HilbillyRokstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 HilbillyRokstar

Chances are I won't purchase either. But if I were to buy one, it would be Battlefield 3. I can't stand Call of Duty (other than COD4).Alex3796
Chances are you didn't need to say anything. Anyhow, Battlefield is awesome, it's not Bad Co 3. You relly need to give it a try when it comes out.

MercenaryMafia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 MercenaryMafia
Member since 2011 • 2917 Posts
Battlefield 3 first. I will get MW3 later.
gta4_2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#11 gta4_2112
Member since 2007 • 3270 Posts

Battlefield 3. I'm pretty sure most people here will choose BF3.

kungfuchaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 kungfuchaos
Member since 2004 • 5643 Posts

I have to question how all of you are so 100% sure that BF3 is going to be this flawless, once a generation game. Sure from what we've seen it looks amazing buthow much actual gameplay have you seen? About 10-15 minutes or so right? How much of that was multiplayer? ZERO! That's right..NOTTA!!! So how is it that because of some trailers you guys are so sure that BF3 will be so head and shoulders above MW3? I think that in all honesty it all boils down to gameplay preference. These games are both modern military shooters. But they take entirely different approaches to how they play.

HilbillyRokstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 HilbillyRokstar

I have to question how all of you are so 100% sure that BF3 is going to be this flawless, once a generation game. Sure from what we've seen it looks amazing buthow much actual gameplay have you seen? About 10-15 minutes or so right? How much of that was multiplayer? ZERO! That's right..NOTTA!!! So how is it that because of some trailers you guys are so sure that BF3 will be so head and shoulders above MW3? I think that in all honesty it all boils down to gameplay preference. These games are both modern military shooters. But they take entirely different approaches to how they play.

kungfuchaos

Based on the last game, and all of the things Dice has done in the past. They are the current kings of the MP world. It's really not that much of a stretch to believe this game is gonna be really good. Mw3 devs are lazy. They have been called out for it by the competition. Until they get a new game engine, destructible environments, and ded servers they won't be any real competition. (IMO) BTW, nada not notta, it's Spanish for none. FYI

javafriek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 javafriek
Member since 2008 • 752 Posts

[QUOTE="kungfuchaos"]

HilbillyRokstar

Based on the last game, and all of the things Dice has done in the past. They are the current kings of the MP world. It's really not that much of a stretch to believe this game is gonna be really good. Mw3 devs are lazy. They have been called out for it by the competition. Until they get a new game engine, destructible environments, and ded servers they won't be any real competition. (IMO)

Exactly, well said.
HilbillyRokstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 HilbillyRokstar
[QUOTE="HilbillyRokstar"]

[QUOTE="kungfuchaos"]

javafriek

Based on the last game, and all of the things Dice has done in the past. They are the current kings of the MP world. It's really not that much of a stretch to believe this game is gonna be really good. Mw3 devs are lazy. They have been called out for it by the competition. Until they get a new game engine, destructible environments, and ded servers they won't be any real competition. (IMO)

Exactly, well said.

Thank you sir.
vashkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 135

User Lists: 25

#16 vashkey
Member since 2005 • 33781 Posts
Screw both. I'm getting Gears 3.
EXEraserVS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 EXEraserVS
Member since 2011 • 346 Posts
BF3. I'll probably stick with Black Ops for now and there's Gears of War 3 to get in to. Also, Uncharted 3 will be a fantastic multiplayer experience, which means that I won't have time to MW3. So Battlefield 3 is the best choice.
HilbillyRokstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 HilbillyRokstar

Screw both. I'm getting Gears 3.vashkey
Gears 3 will be awesome, but it's no substitute for the Battlefield experience.

darkfox101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#19 darkfox101
Member since 2004 • 7055 Posts
If i could give you all high end computers for the PCbf3 experience i would
HilbillyRokstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 HilbillyRokstar

If i could give you all high end computers for the PCbf3 experience i woulddarkfox101
That's ok, I hate mouse & keyboard controls. I'd still take the computer tho. LOL

Stevo7991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Stevo7991
Member since 2010 • 1319 Posts

I'm getting BF3 for x-mas and get MW3 for my b-day or whenever. 8)

DrD3V1L

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 DrD3V1L
Member since 2004 • 2064 Posts

BF3 without a doubt.

rtpjazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 rtpjazz
Member since 2008 • 97 Posts

Battlefield 3, Now can we have no more of these threads EVERY DAY!sharkbiscuit79
People can make threads about whatever they want when they want. Just chill.

arsenal262

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 arsenal262
Member since 2010 • 592 Posts

Thank you man.

Dukeisback

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Dukeisback
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
Battlefield 3... The call of duty series in my opinion is just to repetitive. Battlefield has always been my favorite fps,who doesn't love using tanks,helis,destructible environments. MW2 was the last call of duty i played,it got annoying when you had a drunk chopper gunner being piloted by Charlie Sheen,piloting away from the action ugh hehehe. I just wish they would finally announce when its due to hit stores.
luc11044

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#26 luc11044
Member since 2004 • 4606 Posts

No doubt about it...Battlefield 3. I'm no longer purchasing COD games...every year feels like a rehash of the previous years' title....just different time and setting.

TentacleMayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#27 TentacleMayor
Member since 2008 • 1469 Posts
Since I like both BF and COD, the answer is simple: BF3 first. Why? Because its multiplayer is bound to die out faster than COD, if the past years are any indication. Then I can get COD cheaper and there'll still be lots of people on, guaranteed. It'll also stay at high trade-in value for longer at Gamestop, hell I got 25 for COD4 a month ago.
HilbillyRokstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 HilbillyRokstar
Since I like both BF and COD, the answer is simple: BF3 first. Why? Because its multiplayer is bound to die out faster than COD, if the past years are any indication. Then I can get COD cheaper and there'll still be lots of people on, guaranteed. It'll also stay at high trade-in value for longer at Gamestop, hell I got 25 for COD4 a month ago.TentacleMayor
I bought CoD 4 for my son over a yr ago for $9.99
gundaicut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 gundaicut
Member since 2010 • 456 Posts
ill get BW3 in a retail copy 360 but for MW3 ill prob just download it modded for ps3 since im not wasting a dam dime on a cod game ever again
JakeMeltzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 JakeMeltzer
Member since 2011 • 243 Posts

Battlefield 3 has significantly better graphics, but I've always been more of a Call of Duty kind of guy. I honestly think I'll have more fun with Modern Warfare 3, but Battlefield 3 is definitely going to be much prettier.

Profiteer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#31 Profiteer
Member since 2011 • 32 Posts
I'll most likely get Battlefield, rent MW3. Despite the complete lack of hype for it, I am still intrigued how it will turn out. It is a small chance, but it would be bad if they proved themselves worthy to the first Modern Warfare. Battlefield 3 will be the first Battlefield game I'll be getting, due to being busy around the release date of the previous members of the series (That said, I did play a good bit of Bad Company at a friend's house). I don't think it'll be flawless, but I do expect a lot from it.
Shoot2kill1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Shoot2kill1989
Member since 2009 • 4015 Posts

I'll be buying both games though i'll be buying Modern Warfare 3 mainly just to play the single player campaign and cant see myself playing the multiplayer too much unless they make some big changes just to refresh the MP as its become very boring now

NintendoAlly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 NintendoAlly
Battlefield 3 because that it has amazing graphics and also have a new frostbite engine while MW3 has the same graphics as MW1, Waw, MW2 and black ops with just other different stories.
NintendoAlly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 NintendoAlly

[QUOTE="kungfuchaos"]

HilbillyRokstar

Based on the last game, and all of the things Dice has done in the past. They are the current kings of the MP world. It's really not that much of a stretch to believe this game is gonna be really good. Mw3 devs are lazy. They have been called out for it by the competition. Until they get a new game engine, destructible environments, and ded servers they won't be any real competition. (IMO) BTW, nada not notta, it's Spanish for none. FYI

We also didn't see MW3 multiplayer either but from the teaser you can already see how MW3's gonna end up just like the other Modern Warfare's.
CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#36 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9150 Posts
both for me MW3 ps3 version and BF3 xbox 360 version
Xbox360Gamer15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#37 Xbox360Gamer15
Member since 2009 • 3937 Posts
im getting both but battlefield 3 looks to be awesome, so does mw3
DujePro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 DujePro
Member since 2011 • 116 Posts
both, great games
hotplayer220

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#39 hotplayer220
Member since 2004 • 1818 Posts

EA= new FROST engine

Infinity Ward= One of my favorite devopers and how they drove one of the biggest game franchises in history. Call of Duty UO still a timeless favorite.

But with the loss of two of the big names in that division. This MW is going to lack a bit of the muscle that IW seems to add each installment.

I think BF will be a better game than MW. But MW is still going to outsell BF as it is the household name.

OO

/2 Cents

luc11044

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#40 luc11044
Member since 2004 • 4606 Posts

kungfuchaos

I'm not going to say that BF3 is going to be flawless but I'll tell you why I'm all for BF3 instead of another COD.

Essentially because the Call of Duty formula has NOTchanged since the original Modern Warfare...basically the same 5 to 6 hour campaign with essentially the same multiplayer experience.

Whereas with Battlefield, every BF title this console generation has been significantly better than the other. The difference? One developer tries to improve and innovate whereas the COD devs (Infinity Ward or Treyarch) essentially deliver the same experience over and over again....

Additionally, for those who bought BF Bad Company 2 NEW at the stores, they were able to get free downloadable maps without dishing a penny. The only payable DLC maps was the Vietnam release and that was a different experience altogether. Does anyone remember how much the new COD maps cost?

Case closed....

Orgymang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Orgymang
Member since 2003 • 314 Posts

Infinity Ward= One of my favorite devopers and how they drove one of the biggest game franchises in history. Call of Duty UO still a timeless favorite.hotplayer220

You do know that UO wasn't made by IW, right? It was made by Grey Matter who essentially merged with Treyarch in 2005.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#42 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44566 Posts
I'll probably get both, MW3 for SP and BF3 for SP and MP.
dstv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 dstv
Member since 2007 • 1384 Posts

I hope those poll results reflect actual game sales oterwise im going search and destory the cod servers

F0urTwenty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 F0urTwenty
Member since 2010 • 1842 Posts
I want it all.