Batman Arkham Asylum game problems

This topic is locked from further discussion.

RedSaber910

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 RedSaber910
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
Ok, so I bought the new batman game yesterday after playing the demo. Once I got it, I put the disk in the xbox and loaded it up. I'm waiting for it to load, but when it gets to the menu screen it comes up with the error message after a few seconds: "This disk is unreadable 1. Clean the disk with a soft cloth 2. Restart your console For more help go to www.xbox360.com/support" So, I tried cleaning the disk, restarting the console, and that didnt work, so i went to the support website and that didnt have anything useful on it. I don't understand because all my other games work perfectly, and the disk wasnt scratched. So, I decided to take it back to the shop and get a new copy, and that copy didnt work either. Same situation, clean, no scratches, manages to get to the menu screen then stops working. What do I do?! Any ideas welcome. P.S. I'm new to the forums so i apologise if this is in the wrong place or if I did anything wrong
BadBoy_Lo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 BadBoy_Lo
Member since 2009 • 121 Posts
such is the case with the xbox360 - every game will work but the one you want to work when you want it to work. the only thing i would suggest is installing the game to the hard drive. since you are able to load to the main menu, that means the drive is able to read the disc and, therefore, should (key word) be able to read the disc long enough to do an install. If you can do that, you shouldn't have a problem. give it a try.
shogoh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 shogoh
Member since 2003 • 571 Posts

My first XBox 360 did that sometimes although at random places in games when I was playing. The warranty was expired so I bought another one (arcade version since I had everything else). My new XBox works perfectly.

One thing you can try is using an air duster and a DVD lens cleaner to try to clean the DVD drive. You could also try playing without the Hard Drive to see if maybe that's the issue.

Enkeixpress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4 Enkeixpress
Member since 2006 • 525 Posts
Try installing the game.. You shouldn't need to be playing off the disc anymore.. You've got that new "Install to Hard Drive" feature, Use it!
aphotic_08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 aphotic_08

There's2 things in my mind that may be the problem:

- the disc is damaged (But you said you replaced it with a new one, so they can't all be broken.)

- It's a non-disc issue (Meaning it's your 360 that has the problem.)

I'm not sure but these may be possible cases.

RedSaber910

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 RedSaber910
Thanks for your advice, got it working now. I took out the harddrive and ran it, then it worked, then put the hardrive back in and it worked perfectly. Thanks again
shlomiw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 shlomiw
Hi! I have almost the same problem. When I start the game with the disc, it says that the game requires installing an update. After I've installed it the xbox rebooted, and then I tried to run the game again. It then says that I require to install the update (yet again), and then it says that the disc is unreadable! I saw what you wrote here. I tried to remove the HD - and run it then the game *works*! but if I return the HD it has the same problem (requires this update again). what exactly have you done? can you tell me the exact steps? I've tried also to install the game on the HD - same problem occurs. Thanks, Shlomi
d4v1dbow13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 d4v1dbow13
Member since 2009 • 614 Posts

i continously get that error when playing oblivion. What i did was installed it to my hard drive and cleared the cache on my hard drive and it works great now

shlomiw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 shlomiw

i continously get that error when playing oblivion. What i did was installed it to my hard drive and cleared the cache on my hard drive and it works great now

d4v1dbow13
I've tried what you suggested, but it didn't work. it still requires me to install this update and then it says that the disc is unreadable. but I don't understand why without the HD it's working. but then I can't save my progress (if I try to insert the HD while the game is running - the xbox is rebooting). Please guys help me out, this is very frustrating!