Are OLDER gamers really LOSERS???

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for FunkyHeadHunter
FunkyHeadHunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 FunkyHeadHunter
Member since 2007 • 1758 Posts

Lets just say that not many things in life get me STEAMED!!!!....BUT when someone tries to tell me what I should and shouldnt do really makes me FAW$%$#^$^$ MAD!!!!...I mean, its nobodies business AT ALL!!!....Im gonna be 36 the end of NOV. and Im gonna game untill I say im done.

I have been married for 15 years now, have 2 boys 13, and 11 and my whole family games..."looks over at wife on her own gaming pc right now"....

Next time someone says something please FOR ME...Kick them in the nutzzz and tell them to play the game of pain!

dojodawg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#102 dojodawg
Member since 2007 • 219 Posts

I used to be the12 year old kid who said that anyone one who had a really deep voice was automaticaly a twnety year old who lived with their parents. Now I'm the thirteen year old and actually has a deep voice and is a bit of a nerd myself. Yet when I would constantly get threats that i would be raped until my balls bled was a little provoking.:roll:

Red122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#103 Red122
Member since 2005 • 409 Posts
Dude you are far from being a loser man. Ive been playing games since the 80's and being 28 now man games are in my blood I have a awesome life a great job and amazing g/f and dude gaming is my fuel, its what drives me. Dont pay one drop to some kid on xbox live man they freakin envy you
-Manntis-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 -Manntis-
Member since 2006 • 635 Posts
This is a common misconception. Gaming is for people of all ages. It's a hobby, something to do for fun. My old BF2 clan had a member who was 69 years old, and you wouldn't even know it, he's a cool guy.
RaC3rFr3Ak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 RaC3rFr3Ak
Member since 2006 • 874 Posts

you are only an old loser if you are 30+ and play in your mom's basement

blue_tape

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 blue_tape
Member since 2007 • 2868 Posts
Little boys chirp chirp chirp, call you out. Little boys then make mistakes, in front of everyone else. The louder and more abusive they get, the more they are on tilt. Soon, other people come around and say, "I like gaming with the guy who isn't yelling and screaming." Then other people start making fun of the kid and pointing out his mistakes. It doesn't take long at all, and it's worth the negative feedback.
zombieman666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 137

#107 zombieman666
Member since 2006 • 3514 Posts
No theres nothing wrong wilth older gammers it doesn't bother me
jet2892

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#108 jet2892
Member since 2004 • 2832 Posts
Im 15 and I don't think that older gamers are losers age shouldn't determine your gaming
Chaism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 Chaism
Member since 2007 • 600 Posts
I think it is just there jealous your a adult, I mean they can think being 19 and a gamer or older and a gamer is a geek with no life. But they can not drive or buy anything they want and also have a bed time. There life is far worse and so they are just trying to impress there other friends.
steveslugga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 steveslugga
Member since 2007 • 1344 Posts
ALL OLDER GAMERS ARE COMPLETE LOSERS....lol naa im just playin im an older gamer myself, who cares what some punk kid has to say, tell him to grow hair on his balls & call it a day man, just ignore those little rascals
Avatar image for deactivated-59913425220eb
deactivated-59913425220eb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 deactivated-59913425220eb
Member since 2002 • 1772 Posts

Hey guys thanks for this thread, i am 17 a senior in High school and planning to go to collage. I always thought that my love for gaming will hinder me in the future, when i try to get a girlfriend/wife and get a good job and good grades(i already have good grades but in collage that is). Now i hear so many people who are over 20+ years who have great lives by the sound of it and now i have a positive spin on things. thanks guys if you guys want to comment more on this please do. and by the sound of things is it true that you will be so busy and so over-loaded in collage that you wont have time for gaming??

siefier25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#112 siefier25
Member since 2007 • 361 Posts

Everytime someone insults me on XBL who is under 18+ years of age, they always accuse me of being a loser because I'm 27 and playing videogames. Is there suppose to be a cut off? College kids are all about gaming so I guess it's safe to assume that they're not losers since they are going to school.

So are gamers suppose to just quit playing games when they get a full time job after college? I'm sure that some people are just too busy to play games when they enter the work field. But does playing videogames after the age of 25 mean that you have an unfulfilled life? I guess most people picture a successful person going out everynight. Clubbin' it up. Hangin' out with chicks gettin' some. Or maybe just always on the grind trying to make business deals. Whatever.

Or maybe we see older people from another generation and since they're not playing games then it must not be a thing that adults do. But I think the reason for that is simply because they didn't grow up playing videogames like we did. And as time goes on, more games are being geared towards adults. So existing gamers really have a lot of variety to choose from even if they're preferences change as they mature or get a older.

I work fulltime in business and live w/ my girlfriend in the suburbs. I play videogames everynight when I go home. And I'll probably be a gamer forever. Am I a loser that needs to get a life? Maybe. But for now, I can live with that.

yucky_straw

Its an inferiority complex. Their balls haven't dropped, and they don't have any kind of pubic hair(facial or otherwise).

siefier25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 siefier25

Hey guys thanks for this thread, i am 17 a senior in High school and planning to go to collage. I always thought that my love for gaming will hinder me in the future, when i try to get a girlfriend/wife and get a good job and good grades(i already have good grades but in collage that is). Now i hear so many people who are over 20+ years who have great lives by the sound of it and now i have a positive spin on things. thanks guys if you guys want to comment more on this please do. and by the sound of things is it true that you will be so busy and so over-loaded in collage that you wont have time for gaming??

GameGuy642003

Just as long as you stay away from MMOs...then you won't have a problem.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 deactivated-59913425220eb
lol ya ive played GW and WoW i almost got sucked into WoW man that game requires every minute of you life. i know man those games get you sucked in. good thing i stopped playing them
Hunterpate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 Hunterpate
Member since 2003 • 83 Posts
i think that it is cool that adults play halo and other games with us, and that slowly the average age of gamers will rise. but i do think thatadults should play less as you get older and spend more time with your kids andyour job if you have them. but by all means come give us a run for our money online!
Sykoh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 Sykoh
Member since 2007 • 1177 Posts

lol ya ive played GW and WoW i almost got sucked into WoW man that game requires every minute of you life. i know man those games get you sucked in. good thing i stopped playing themGameGuy642003

Yea I got sucked into WoW for 2 years. I use to play that game 24/7 but luckily the expansion ruined the game for me so I was able to quit the addiction.

Don't do WoW, kids!

Ra-Harakte

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#117 Ra-Harakte
Member since 2004 • 120 Posts
The majority of gamers are around the early thirties; they're the ones who grew up with Atari 2600, and so on. Game companies have always targetedthat particularage group. As the people get older, the games get more mature. Politicians, unfortunately, do not understand that, as a person gets older, they are able to differentiate the difference between their normal life and interactive entertainment. Video games do not sustitute a life. Don't get me wrong, I am in my thirties and I enjoy gaming. But I have a job, a house, a wife and a family; so if a twelve year old sitting in his basement stuffing himself with doritoes playing Halo for six hours straight wants to call me a loser, I say" go ahead, I don't mind making some kid cry."
tbodine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 tbodine
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts

This is a real interesting topic and I'm glad it got brought up. My friends and I have talked about this before. In my opinion, the author of this thread hit the nail on the head - people in their 20's now all grew up playing video games, so what reason do we have to stop? The current 30-something generation*maybe* grew up playing Atari games, but it's the current 20-something generation that will determine where this goes. Who knows? Maybe some day business deals will be done in front of a TV with Halo 3 on instead of the golf course.

I only think someone is a loser if they play videogames like all day long instead of having a real life. But if you have a real life AND you play videogames (in moderation) then you are no loser.

I_pWnzz_YoU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#119 I_pWnzz_YoU
Member since 2007 • 6032 Posts
If you are in your thirties and I see you online 24/7 the you probably are a loser. This is because if you are on 24/7 this means you have no job or responsibilities like most people in that age group. But if you only play a few hours a day, you are probably not a loser. Just an older guy that likes playing games. This goes for younger players too. You are only a loser if you have no life outside of games.pjoasil
Yeah, but how would you know that they're on 24/7 huh? basically just called yourself a loser right ther :D
gimlifn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 gimlifn
Member since 2005 • 621 Posts

I'm 21 and I have been gaming since the original Nintendo days. I have progressed up and now have a 360 and a PS3. My girlfriend enjoys playing occasionaly and will watch most of the time. Whether gamers are young or old when you go online just be mature and play to win and be a team player, nobody cares if you know the new Gears of War glitch to make you fall out of the map. Gaming is at its best right now, so many great games are out and coming out soon. Game on my compadres.

Gamertag:Thorin09

PSN ID : Thorin14

IIRubenII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#121 IIRubenII
Member since 2005 • 2734 Posts
Am I a loser? I'm 27 going on 28, I love playing video games but between work and my girlfriend...I can't play as much as I'd like. And I just bought a Wii...
ergo33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#122 ergo33
Member since 2003 • 64 Posts
I'm 38, been playin games since the only consoles had one game programmed into it "PONG",then the good ole 2600 came into my life. i have been a gamer ever since and always will be, at least until my hands get so crippled i cant hold a controller. by then we should be using mind control to play, well i guess i will be screwed there too, my mind will be jello by then....DAMMIT. no such thing as a loser gamer unless you consider Lara Croft your "girl", and you think any game with 50 Cent in it is awesome. then i think you might be pushin loser status. seriously tho its all good!!!!! we should all get along and have fun!!!!!!!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 deactivated-59913425220eb

Am I a loser? I'm 27 going on 28, I love playing video games but between work and my girlfriend...I can't play as much as I'd like. And I just bought a Wii...IIRubenII
well man im only 17 and i dont have a girlfriend right now, but since you have a job and a girlfriend then dont worry about playing us much as you would like jsut play when you get the chance, balance it out

-SiiLeNCE-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#124 -SiiLeNCE-
Member since 2006 • 2161 Posts
who cares they are all pricks anyways. however i will say once you hit 30 it starts to become socially unacceptable unless you do it as a group activity with your kids lol its just the way it is
Shadowscale18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#125 Shadowscale18
Member since 2007 • 200 Posts
It doesn't matter how old you are, it all comes down to if you have fun gaming. I'm 18 and have been gaming since I was literally 2 years old, and will remain gaming for a long time. Don't worry about what douchebags say- they don't count.
Magical_Zebra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 Magical_Zebra
Member since 2003 • 7960 Posts

Everytime someone insults me on XBL who is under 18+ years of age, they always accuse me of being a loser because I'm 27 and playing videogames.

yucky_straw

Well count me in on being a loser also, Im 31 and playing videogames since 83... :shock:

dgbiker1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 dgbiker1
Member since 2003 • 2139 Posts
If you're 30 and living in your parent's basement, then yea you are. Otherwise, their just little kid d-bags that are saying that because they couldn't get away with it in real life without getting pummeled.
Magical_Zebra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 Magical_Zebra
Member since 2003 • 7960 Posts
Your 27, heck your a kid compared to me. I'm 37 and from the Atari 2600 generation.badmonkey35
My god. I thought I was one of the only few Atari 2600'ers. *bows down to badmonkey, showing respect* :)
someguy503

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 someguy503
Member since 2004 • 1474 Posts
I hate to say it but its a new concept so its gonna take a while before this "deviance" is considered a norm and not as shocking to other members of society.
giglebits

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 giglebits
Member since 2005 • 148 Posts

man o man it not about how old its the generation of us teens i went to an Mlg tournament and i told kids in my class they looked at me like i was a freak like i had no life i just sit there and video out hey man i chill and smoke with my buds ;0 dam , i chill out the generation is games technology there all self minded people who sterotypical jester about gamers and jokes but hey i am a 17 playing games is my deal they dont fight back and you can play with them as long as they like right.

1 games are better then getting all screwed up
2 not worth making urself cool by smashing ur system in school ( a kid did that at my school it was the sadiest day of my life)

3 if u meet someone who makes fun off u playing games i bet he/she has played games too

i think games are a way of life yah it gotta be

Ket87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 Ket87
Member since 2007 • 3840 Posts
I'm 20 and I've been playing games since I was 6 and i'll probably keep playing them as long as there are still cool things I want to buy. These brats today don't even know how awesome games were back in the early 90's during the real console wars. They think PS3 vs 360 is a huge deal and fanboy it up to all ends but they know nothing of the Sega Genesis / SNES era. Now that I'm older and have the ability to afford all the systems I want I dont have to worry about that crap.
diritto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 diritto
Member since 2004 • 46 Posts

Im 35 years old, lawyer, associated in one of the greatest legal firms in my City, married, have a daughter, and I play at least six ours a week.

daviwinn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 daviwinn
Member since 2004 • 4827 Posts

www.2old2play.com

"The Older Gamers Paradise"

I'm a proud member, and at 27 I'm often the youngest guy in the room when playing online.

daviwinn

Another shameless plug for our site. 12,075 members and growing everday. We've got everything from MLG Pros to Casual Gamers. Clans for every genre. The one thing we have in common is that we are Gamers and we're over 25.

siefier25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 siefier25

I'm 27, No kids, not married, got a girlfriend. And it will stay that way. Because I'm gonna live life for me. I'm selfish like that.

...but do to work, I only get about 1-2 hours of gameplay in, probably about 8 total for the week....still haven't beaten any of my games but gears and Halo3

thegame458

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 thegame458
Member since 2006 • 1326 Posts
I dont think older gamers are losers. When I am older like in my 20's, I'm sure i'll play video games, just not as much as I do now, but i'll still play them
Avatar image for elite_destroyer
elite_destroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 elite_destroyer
Member since 2005 • 1118 Posts

Its a hobby. You dont see kids laughing at eachothers dads for collecting hotwhells. (my friends dad collected them)

They think that "O man, thats cool!"

But when you own them at a game of gears, "YOU HAVE NO LIFE YOU 20 year older who is playing a game suited to his own age!"

mattpunkgd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 mattpunkgd
Member since 2007 • 2198 Posts
The majority of gamers are acctualy 40+ and 18- have the least amount of gamers.
lenson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 lenson
Member since 2006 • 2531 Posts
How does being over the age of 30 and playing video games make you a loser? That does not make any sense. Its a form of entertainment like anything else. This is sort of like saying watching tv would make you a loser too.
DeltaCobra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 DeltaCobra
Member since 2007 • 542 Posts

No, you are not a loser. I'm 26, I have a full-time job, full-time girlfriend, and pretty much a full-time life, but I make the time to Game for a few hours every night if I can. Why? Well, it's just like the topic starter said. I grew up gaming - with NES in the 80's, SNES in the 90's, N64 in the late 90's, PS in the late 90's, PS2, XBOX, XBOX 360, Wii, PS3 in the 00's. I hope I'll be a gamer forever. It never gets old and these developers never cease to amaze me. Plus, it doesn't hurt that my GF is a gamer too!! There are plenty of people here at Gamespot that are in their mid to late 20's and there's also a lot of people in their 30's also. So forget these kids who are being disrespectful because one day they'll be in the same spot.paul52181

Me too man, im 26, full time GF, left full time work to go back to university, but because of my upbringing being more of a reserved one, (not including around 16- 21 thouhg ;)) i am just used to being chilled out at home. I still play basketball ina social comp etc.. but as you get older you need to relax in a way thats easy. Video games has high satisfaction for me and I can afford it.

I think people are referring to those who just smoke dope and play games all day (what a life).

I'll still happily give you 5 hours on gears though!

Lastly grown ups have a differen view on gamers just like we might have a different view on young ones when we are all older parents. Like "why the **** are our kids vommiting everywhere?" or some ****

DeltaCobra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 DeltaCobra
Member since 2007 • 542 Posts

I'm 27, No kids, not married, got a girlfriend. And it will stay that way. Because I'm gonna live life for me. I'm selfish like that.

...but do to work, I only get about 1-2 hours of gameplay in, probably about 8 total for the week....still haven't beaten any of my games but gears and Halo3

siefier25
Thats a shame dude... If you cant have em fair enough.. otherwise you are sad imo
siefier25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 siefier25
Oh well. To each his own.
ThE_SoCK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 ThE_SoCK
Member since 2003 • 459 Posts

I'm 20 years old, full time electrical engineering student. Even though i dont have as much time to game as i used to, i still play whenever i can. I dont have a gf at the moment, but that still doesnt mean i'm a loser.

I would define a loser to be a 30 year old man living in his parents basement who never goes outside and plays WoW all day. Thats a loser.

i also enjoy playing with other older gamers rather than younglings. It is very enjoyable because we dont care if we win or lose, we just have plain fun. I don't find older gamers to be losers either. My bro is like 30 something and plays everquest 2 when he has time.

siefier25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 siefier25

Typically, I just play on teams, or online period, with good friends of mine.

Most of the time if you randomly play with people on Halo, you get immature brats that make loud obnoxious noises that pierce the ear drum.

As a matter of fact, if they didn't have XBL, I wouldn't have it myself. I didn't have XBL until SW:Battlefront II came out on the xbox. Mostly cause I had one or two friends playing halo2. Battlefront II came alot of my friends went on XBL. Been on ever since.

pittongkid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 pittongkid
Member since 2007 • 606 Posts
Games or videogames for that matter knows no age bounderies or limits. Who cares what others think, as long as you're enjoying then thats all that matters. BTW I'm 28, married and that pic on my profile is my 14 month old son :) Even I have work and spend time with my family, I still get to play for at least 2-3 hours a day. Good thing my wife is also fond of videogames :D
killerfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#145 killerfist
Member since 2005 • 20155 Posts

never to old to play games.

IIRubenII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 IIRubenII
Member since 2005 • 2734 Posts

Im 35 years old, lawyer, associated in one of the greatest legal firms in my City, married, have a daughter, and I play at least six ours a week.

diritto

Well, then I guess I don't feel bad anymore. I've seen older men actually make game rooms that look spectacular in their homes. I live in an apartment, so I can't do crap yet...but now that I think of it, I think it's cool to be a dad and play games with your children.

Oh by the way, I've been playing since the ending era of the 2600 going on the 7800...Pole Position II owns joo!

Avatar image for FunkyHeadHunter
FunkyHeadHunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 FunkyHeadHunter
Member since 2007 • 1758 Posts

[QUOTE="badmonkey35"]Your 27, heck your a kid compared to me. I'm 37 and from the Atari 2600 generation.Magical_Zebra
My god. I thought I was one of the only few Atari 2600'ers. *bows down to badmonkey, showing respect* :)

I still have my original Atari 2600...Gonna be 36 the end of NOV!!!

Anabub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 Anabub
Member since 2006 • 8316 Posts
LOL I'm 32 I'm a home owner, have a girlfriend and a job which I have just gained a promotion from! I have been gaming since I can remember first console was a woody atari (whcih i still have) and my first computer was a zx81 LOL Why am I a loser exactly - I just laugh off the noobish comments while handing there backsides to them on a plate during the game ...
Avatar image for CortezThePirate
CortezThePirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 CortezThePirate
Member since 2005 • 209 Posts
yea, you got to remember that the older games now (myself included) are really the first generation to take gaming into the older age group. older people will always play video games from this point on, assuming the younger people now continue to play them just as we have
aajohnny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 aajohnny
Member since 2007 • 472 Posts
I think old people should play games,I mean when they were our age they didn't have 360's or ps3's or comps or whatever,they should be able to play games without getting ripped apart.