Anyone sell their GTA4 from dissapointment?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

beet0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 beet0
Member since 2004 • 134 Posts

Just wondering because i got SR2 and its so better than GTA4 (IMO)

Thanks,

LycanBane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#2 LycanBane
Member since 2007 • 274 Posts
I only played mine like once or twice. I'll prolly end up playing it later but the controls are too funky.
Trogeton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#3 Trogeton
Member since 2005 • 2776 Posts
It took some getting use to, but once I got use to it, I loved the game, I still have mine beat the game and got quite a few achievements, but I have been playing other game, but I'm not going to sell it anytime soon, but you never know
Avatar image for torontomapleafs
torontomapleafs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 torontomapleafs
Member since 2006 • 2019 Posts

Nope was a great game and still fun to just roam around every now and than. Haven't played SR 2 just because well.. it looks like crap compared to GTA IV.

OneLessFinger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 OneLessFinger
Member since 2006 • 1121 Posts
I just traded mine in towards SR2 yesterday
Paladin_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#6 Paladin_King
Member since 2008 • 11832 Posts
Even if it's not exactly what was hoped for in every way (is that even possible?), it's still a good to great game that is a touchstone of what this gen is. Don't see myself ever selling it unless I end up selling everything i own gaming-wise.
SPARTAN_D7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 SPARTAN_D7
Member since 2007 • 477 Posts

ya, the only reason i bought it was cause its a "10" big dissapointment, sold it after a week. (not to game spot, crooks)

Quintinius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 Quintinius
Member since 2006 • 1050 Posts
I beat the game and didn't like it. I played online and tried my best to enjoy it but that's fairly hard. I traded it a few months ago and got like 35 euro back.
JoshChambers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 JoshChambers
Member since 2004 • 1646 Posts
I still have mine and I'm waiting for the DLC this winter. I'll be picking up SR2 tomorrow though.
Mau-Justice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Mau-Justice
Member since 2008 • 4907 Posts

Nope was a great game and still fun to just roam around every now and than. Haven't played SR 2 just because well.. it looks like crap compared to GTA IV.

torontomapleafs

And plus I'm not giving up on it until I play the DLC.

SR2 really isn't that bad though, don't be so hard on it. It doesn't look amazing or anything, but theres so much stupid fun to be had in the game it really is worth it.

gamermanps2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 gamermanps2
Member since 2006 • 1220 Posts

torontomapleafs

Agreed, SR2 looks like a budget rip-off. The only people who were disappointed with GTA were people who expected it to be 5 times better than any game ever made.

stabbystabstab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 stabbystabstab
Member since 2008 • 1019 Posts
[QUOTE="torontomapleafs"]

gamermanps2

Agreed, SR2 looks like a budget rip-off. The only people who were disappointed with GTA were people who expected it to be 5 times better than any game ever made.

I didn't expect that. I just thought it was very poor.

Packt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Packt
Member since 2004 • 3380 Posts
Played it for a couple hours last night. I love that game. I'll always come back to it because it's one of the best sandbox experiences there is.
Mau-Justice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Mau-Justice
Member since 2008 • 4907 Posts
[QUOTE="gamermanps2"][QUOTE="torontomapleafs"]

stabbystabstab

I didn't expect that. I just thought it was very poor.

Well, poor is pretty harsh. Boring I could see.

GTA4 was definitely not poor in any way...they just didn't put enough in the game activity wise. GTA is a sandbox, it's supposed to be an endless game where you can do crazy stuff all day, accomplish nothing, yet still have a blast.

Saints Row is now turning into that game. While it may not be a perfect 10 in any way, I had more fun with the first Saints Row than I ever did in GTA. GTA4 was a great game though, I just wish there was some replay to it.

I don't see why we have to pick sides, I'm glad both games exist to be honest.

Strife88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#15 Strife88
Member since 2005 • 6073 Posts
GTA IV is still one of my favorite titles of the year and I plan on keeping it for a long time. The Saints Row franchises always seemed to try too hard to top GTA, but haven't been successful.
Senor_Kami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Senor_Kami
Member since 2008 • 8529 Posts
I want to sell mine but I don't like to sell games. I feel like one day i'll be sick or something and i'll play the game and like it alot more. But right now its just not fun for me.
69ANT69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 69ANT69
Member since 2007 • 8472 Posts
No, I really enjoyed it. I really don't see why people hated it so much.
sanpreet8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 sanpreet8
Member since 2008 • 2111 Posts
GTA4 is so boring there's hardly any activities you can take part in anyway i got bored with it so i traded mine in for saints row 2.
Lord_Tik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Lord_Tik
Member since 2002 • 888 Posts
I just have no interest in SR2. Too over the top and immature for my tastes.
Star-Killer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Star-Killer
Member since 2008 • 1883 Posts
Well I loved GTA4 but after a month I lost interest and sold it I know there are many things to do but those many things just aren't that fun
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#21 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts
No, I really enjoyed it. I really don't see why people hated it so much.69ANT69
One word: Hype.
redmagic123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#22 redmagic123
Member since 2003 • 566 Posts
[QUOTE="torontomapleafs"]

gamermanps2

Speaking for a lot fo people there aren't you? I for one didn't expect GTA IV to be perfect in anyway cause none of them ever had been, but GTA IV was certainly one of my biggest disappointments in a game ever. Its not because I thought it would be "5 times better than any game ever made" its simply cause it's GTA they're always good with lots of fun whacky crap to do but GTA IV was none of those things the controls where horrible, the graphics are subpar for a next gen game especially the graininess, multiplayer sucks, and for the most part the mandatory missions where boring. Not to mention the "budget rip-off" Saints Row 1 was better then GTA IV

Axelnomad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Axelnomad
Member since 2007 • 872 Posts
I was thinking of passing the game up, but seeing a 10 come out of the woodworks caught me offguard so i gave it a shot. I was pretty annoyed with playing the game being harassed by people on the cell phone was worse then dead rising.
Heroldp813

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#24 Heroldp813
Member since 2008 • 2103 Posts

To all the people that say they hated this game, you need to really get a grip b/c you and i both know when the game first came out you were as excited as the next person. And fine, i do agree with you on the fact that after playing it for so long you get tired of it (I just beat it 2 days ago, b/c i couldn't get myself to play it again till now) b/c of the repetitiveness. But for people to come on here and say "Man I played it for a day then sold it", I know you want to be different from the crowd and be original but really state the reason you don't like the game. I can tell you personally i stoped playing the game for months b/c of you had to start a mission all over if you died and taking friends out or going on dates became a chore. This game is a classic and i guarantee you they put more in this game (Even though some of it was redundent) then they do for most games.

lbcjrballa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 lbcjrballa
Member since 2006 • 38 Posts
[QUOTE="gamermanps2"][QUOTE="torontomapleafs"]

redmagic123

Speaking for a lot fo people there aren't you? I for one didn't expect GTA IV to be perfect in anyway cause none of them ever had been, but GTA IV was certainly one of my biggest disappointments in a game ever. Its not because I thought it would be "5 times better than any game ever made" its simply cause it's GTA they're always good with lots of fun whacky crap to do but GTA IV was none of those things the controls where horrible, the graphics are subpar for a next gen game especially the graininess, multiplayer sucks, and for the most part the mandatory missions where boring. Not to mention the "budget rip-off" Saints Row 1 was better then GTA IV

1st off have u seen the graphics 4 SR2 they **** suck for a "next-gen" game and ur complaining about GTA IV's graphics the controls werent bad they just seemed that way when u 1st played it because u were use 2 da controls from other GTAs i got used 2 da controls in a day and please explain to me how the multiplayer sucked because i thought it was great u had so many modes and u had a free mode where u and ur friends could do whatever u wanted, and before any1 says anythin i myself do not think GTA IV deserved a ten maybe a 9.5 but it is not worse than SR1 or 2 IMO the one thing i do agree was off was the lack off "random" things 2 do in GTA but it wasnt dat bad but hey to each his own opinion

hanzo225

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 hanzo225
Member since 2006 • 237 Posts
i didnt sell it but i was dissopointed
jedbaldoni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 jedbaldoni
Member since 2007 • 440 Posts

Just wondering because i got SR2 and its so better than GTA4 (IMO)

Thanks,

beet0
i loved it
raylewisnfl52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 raylewisnfl52
Member since 2005 • 7146 Posts
no im not dissappointed in it at all, and why sell games you never gain anything from it you just lose money
thewelder1830

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 thewelder1830
Member since 2007 • 305 Posts
i hate this.... everyone knocks this game when theve only gottin like 1/2 way threw it... well the game doesnt get good till around then
Brother_Tevis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Brother_Tevis
Member since 2008 • 195 Posts
If I had somehow been convinced to buy that game, then yeah, I woulda sold it :)
Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#31 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts
I also was a bit disappointed with GTAIV and almost traded it in but just couldn't do it. Trading games is just too much of a rip-off.
cheetfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 cheetfreak
Member since 2005 • 1986 Posts
*signs* sold it the day after i bought it....
Dexs31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Dexs31
Member since 2008 • 365 Posts

Nope I didn't I thought it was fun. I still play it every now and then.

cmdrmonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 cmdrmonkey
Member since 2004 • 994 Posts

I played all the way through it, and it just wasn't much fun. The missions were frustrating, storyline was meh, friends and cellphone got annoying fast, controls were clunky. The only enjoyable mission was the bank robbery, and it's so far into the game it's hardly worth wading through all the other crap to get up to it. And sadly, there's just not much to do outside of the missions. GTA has always been about running around causing mayhem, and if anything, this game tries to punish you for doing that. And once you finish the boring missions, there's just not much left to do. I haven't sold it, but I also haven't gone back and played it all since I finished the storyline. You might ask why I played it for 25+ hours if it was such a blah game. To be honest, I kept hoping it would get better, and maybe I would see why nearly every site out there gave it a 10. Never happened.

Avatar image for Streetrider9873
Streetrider9873

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Streetrider9873
Member since 2003 • 490 Posts

No, I really enjoyed it. I really don't see why people hated it so much.69ANT69

there will always be haters

CardiacKid07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 CardiacKid07
Member since 2007 • 1225 Posts

GTA4 was definitely not poor in any way...they just didn't put enough in the game activity wise. GTA is a sandbox, it's supposed to be an endless game where you can do crazy stuff all day, accomplish nothing, yet still have a blast.

Saints Row is now turning into that game. While it may not be a perfect 10 in any way, I had more fun with the first Saints Row than I ever did in GTA. GTA4 was a great game though, I just wish there was some replay to it.

I don't see why we have to pick sides, I'm glad both games exist to be honest.

very well said. i couldnt agree more. both games are good. ive been a fan of gta since it was on the PS in plain old GTA and ive played and beat the first SR and loved the single and multiplayer, and now im on the 2nd and so far i have no complaints and it looks to be even better than the first.

germanchango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 germanchango
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts

GTA 4 is the best sandbox ever. SR2 is so unrealistic and sooo boring. (this is what I think, dont complain!)

Microdevine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Microdevine
Member since 2008 • 1126 Posts
im a hardcore gta fan through and through.but the latest installment was really a dissapointment to me.they focused too much on realism and emotional story than the over the top humor and gameplay that drove it to be as popular as it is.thats why im so excited for sr2.im picking it up tomorrow.but no i didnt sell it cuz im waiting for the dlc.
wh1te_m4trix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#39 wh1te_m4trix
Member since 2005 • 698 Posts

actually, i loved it so much that i don't think i'll be trading it or selling it anytime soon, the single player story is amazing and so is the multiplayer, although it does have the biggest racist community i've ever seen in a videogame.

Fizzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Fizzman
Member since 2003 • 9895 Posts
i didnt sell it, but i definitely didnt play it as much as i thought i was going to. beat it, and pretty much couldnt force myself to play it again.