Anyone not bother with Gold membership?

• 52 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for Canvas_Of_Flesh
Canvas_Of_Flesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Canvas_Of_Flesh
Member since 2007 • 4052 Posts
I think I'll stick with a Silver membership. I don't feel it's right to pay $60 for a game with multiplayer on it and have to pay another 8 bucks a month to be able to use it. Doesn't make much sense to me.
mtradr43

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 mtradr43
Member since 2005 • 5272 Posts
have fun not getting everything out of your games then. your loss, and no one really cares if you dont play online, since millions do. god forbid you cant spare a few hours of wages on an entire YEARS worth of stuff.
bradly_2795

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 bradly_2795
Member since 2004 • 948 Posts
Yeah I didn't bother with it until I finally got my free month working after buying my xbox and ever since then I've been hooked. However with the first xbox I was skeptical and didn't get on the LIVE wagon,....:|all the missed things:(
Netherscourge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 Netherscourge
Member since 2003 • 16364 Posts

I stayed away from Gold for about a month - but then I gave in and got it because Halo 3 just ain't the same without Multiplayer.

Even the Multiplayer DEMO's require Gold, which is dumb IMO.

Silver is good for Single Player Demos and patches. That's about it.

I actually admire Sony for not giving in to greed. There's no reason to charge for online gaming.

Your ISP gets you online - that should be enough.

I have no problem making a new gamertag for each game I play. If that's what I give up to save $50 a year, so be it.

And if MMORPG's start hitting the 360, like Age of Conan, you'll probably have to pay EXTRA for that too.

bradly_2795

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 bradly_2795
Member since 2004 • 948 Posts

I stayed away from Gold for about a month - but then I gave in and got it because Halo 3 just ain't the same without Multiplayer.

I actually admire Sony for not giving in to greed. There's no reason to charge for online gaming.

I have no problem making a new gamertag for each game I play. If that's what I give up to save $50 a year, so be it.

And if MMORPG's start hitting the 360, like Age of Conan, you'll probably have to pay EXTRA for that too.

Netherscourge

Lol, WoW: The Console Crusade;)

1nverted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 1nverted
Member since 2006 • 1654 Posts
IMHO it's Gold or nothing. PSN is better though, not just because it's free.
califone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 califone
Member since 2008 • 302 Posts

I actually admire Sony for not giving in to greed. There's no reason to charge for online gaming.Netherscourge

Paying for the service makes for much more stable servers. It's worth it.

HellRazer360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 HellRazer360
Member since 2006 • 2693 Posts

Netherscourge
HA..i gotta agree with that one..free online is always good
Hopkins_J

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Hopkins_J
Member since 2007 • 2030 Posts
I'm a sliver member. I do play online because i find 48 trails on the internet, i have a 1 month card still. So yea, i'm never going to pay. Yet i still get to play online. :)
Apocalypse324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#10 Apocalypse324
Member since 2007 • 1486 Posts

I'm a sliver member. I do play online because i find 48 trails on the internet, i have a 1 month card still. So yea, i'm never going to pay. Yet i still get to play online. :)Hopkins_J
Free is good, but that sounds like more of a hassle then its worth, lol.

Avatar image for 8732_YoungJeezy
8732_YoungJeezy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#11 8732_YoungJeezy
Member since 2008 • 1656 Posts
just get gold, its not even tooo much money its like $5 a month
MsCortana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 MsCortana
Member since 2007 • 10565 Posts
50 bucks a year is well worth the service Microsoft provides online.:P
Fredrick2003x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Fredrick2003x
Member since 2005 • 2056 Posts

My Xbox Live Gold account expires soon and I will let it expire, I am just not as into online gaming as I was in the past.

And it is a rip off when you think about it...

Avatar image for patsfan4liferjn
patsfan4liferjn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 patsfan4liferjn
Member since 2007 • 1253 Posts
silver is not fun. u cant experince the amazing online gaming.
D3ADMaggot911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 D3ADMaggot911
Member since 2007 • 880 Posts
thats the way i felt with world of warcraft ... thats a bigger wast of money... and i had live at the same time monthly
so thats 20 a month then i gave up war craft when i hit level 42 i was like woah.. im done with this crap
then i just stuck with XBL ... XBL is a great way to keep in touch with friends .. thats why i like it also ... the multiplayer on halo
i always meet new interesting people. and now i think im just gonna go for the 50 dollers a year .. ill be all set
wanizame98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 wanizame98
Member since 2005 • 143 Posts
I don't. Balls to multiplayer, I say. I don't really like having to depend on other people not being knobs or noobs in order to play a game.
Dante0fSparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17 Dante0fSparda
Member since 2008 • 148 Posts
50$ is nothing, all you complainers are POOR LITTLE WHINOS, and 8$ a month is a rip-off smart people who can add pay 50$ a year
BarraBoii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 BarraBoii
Member since 2006 • 372 Posts
Yeah, it was good while the 48-Hour codes on that Tropicana thing worked but now they've took it off :(
Canvas_Of_Flesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Canvas_Of_Flesh
It's not that I can't afford 8 bucks a month. I own a 360 and a PS3. I just choose to do my online gaming on PS3 because they basically have the same things (online multiplayer, themes, etc) for free. It's the principle of the thing. I pay 60 dollars for a game that includes multiplayer...25 bucks a month for internet service and then they want me to pay another 50 a year? I just believe that after buying a game with something on it you should be able to use it without paying anymore. That just sounds like common sense to me.
J5_Hook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 J5_Hook
Member since 2007 • 104 Posts

ROFL at anyone who honestly thinks that 50 a year is expensive for what you get.

In denial much?

mimic-Denmark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#22 mimic-Denmark
Member since 2006 • 4382 Posts

ROFL at anyone who honestly thinks that 50 a year is expensive for what you get.

In denial much?

J5_Hook

Well, if one is use to playing online for free on the pc for many, MANY years. Then the money microsoft want is not justified, when you can do that plus much more on a pc for FREE.

geordie73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 geordie73
Member since 2007 • 334 Posts

silver and proud!

sp gamer and proud!

playing with real friends and proud!

J5_Hook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 J5_Hook
Member since 2007 • 104 Posts

silver and proud!

sp gamer and proud!

geordie73

Uh no, the thing with Silver is that you CAN'T play with friends, as opposed to Gold where you can.

Oh, and just to play 4 players you need everyone to syncornise to go to one persons house. On Live, you can have teams ofover 6 (which i have done) with a click of a button.

TheWalrusBeast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#25 TheWalrusBeast
Member since 2005 • 1820 Posts
I am on withdrawl for a few months and haven't renewed my subscription because school has been kicking my butt and I need to get my grades back on track. After that I am renewing it again.
mimic-Denmark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 mimic-Denmark
[QUOTE="geordie73"]

silver and proud!

sp gamer and proud!

J5_Hook

Uh no, the thing with Silver is that you CAN'T play with friends, as opposed to Gold where you can.

Oh, and just to play 4 players you need everyone to syncornise to go to one persons house. On Live, you can have teams ofover 6 (which i have done) with a click of a button.

On a pc, you can have teams of over 36, FREE... with a click of a button.

Bane_v2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Bane_v2
Member since 2003 • 6104 Posts
Well, if one is use to playing online for free on the pc for many, MANY years. Then the money microsoft want is not justified, when you can do that plus much more on a pc for FREE.mimic-Denmark
Online PC gaming isn't free. Someone pays for those servers, but that someone has never been you apparently, which is fine. I'm just saying it isn't free. It was upwards of $300 per month to rent a game server the last time I was involved in helping pay the bill.
mimic-Denmark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 mimic-Denmark

[QUOTE="mimic-Denmark"]Well, if one is use to playing online for free on the pc for many, MANY years. Then the money microsoft want is not justified, when you can do that plus much more on a pc for FREE.Bane_v2
Online PC gaming isn't free. Someone pays for those servers, but that someone has never been you apparently, which is fine. I'm just saying it isn't free. It was upwards of $300 per month to rent a game server the last time I was involved in helping pay the bill.

You dont have to rent servers to play online.

JaviBonilla23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 JaviBonilla23
Member since 2007 • 912 Posts

I'm a sliver member. I do play online because i find 48 trails on the internet, i have a 1 month card still. So yea, i'm never going to pay. Yet i still get to play online. :)Hopkins_J

but u dont play ranked and thats were the serious games and matches happen.

zaphod_b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#30 zaphod_b
Member since 2002 • 2201 Posts
I have had my 360 for about two years and I have not had a gold account since my one-month trial expired. I don't miss it. Other than a couple MMO's throughout the years and a 6-month love affair with UT04, I have never really been into it. Maybe if I get a few of my friends to get a 360 I'll change my mind.
strayzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 strayzilla
Member since 2004 • 560 Posts
Anyone who thinks PSN is as good as XBL is delusional. I have both a 360 and a Ps3 and I'll admit, I'm not re-uping my XBL membership when it comes around. Not because it's not a great deal, but I play multiplayer about 3% of my total gaming time and paying for XBL is a waste for me. I'll be going PSN next year. But even I can admit that the PSN interface sucks... bad. It's not half as easy to use as XBL or nearly as good... right now. There's no comparison. If you're into multiplayer, it's worth the 14 cents a day or whatever it costs.
Avatar image for HilbillyRokstar
HilbillyRokstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 HilbillyRokstar
Member since 2007 • 3236 Posts
Hell no! You`ll be missing out on about 80% of the 360`s value. Your loss.
pepperman33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#33 pepperman33
Member since 2005 • 494 Posts

I love it.

I just don't like the incompetence of some players, or the rudeness of others.

FUBAR24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 FUBAR24
Member since 2005 • 12185 Posts
um its 50 bucks a year which equaits to less than 5 dollars a month
Canvas_Of_Flesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Canvas_Of_Flesh
80% of the 360s value is online multiplayer? I figured 360s value came from great exclusives like Bioshock, Mass Effect, Gears of War, and Lost Odyssey.
APOLLOCJD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 APOLLOCJD
Member since 2007 • 2311 Posts

I think I'll stick with a Silver membership. I don't feel it's right to pay $60 for a game with multiplayer on it and have to pay another 8 bucks a month to be able to use it. Doesn't make much sense to me. Canvas_Of_Flesh

Actually it only costs half of what you said, you pay 60 bucks for 12 months + 1 free month so a total of 13 months for 60 dollars (60/13=4.62). So really you are only paying $4.62 a month which in my opinion is definetly worth it for the service you are provided with. But hey it is your loss not mine:)

mimic-Denmark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 mimic-Denmark

80% of the 360s value is online multiplayer? I figured 360s value came from great exclusives like Bioshock, Mass Effect, Gears of War, and Lost Odyssey. Canvas_Of_Flesh

Bioshock, mass effect and gears of war aint exclusives.

swizzy123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 swizzy123
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
ummm...... i think u should get gold if u want to play multiplayer xbox live. wat u should do is buy a 3 month card from gamestop for 20 bucks and test it if u like it.
bdhoff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 bdhoff
Member since 2003 • 4104 Posts
I let my Gold subscription run out. I buy monthly cards when I get a game that I want to play online. That way I really only pay for what I use.
eliedaakour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 eliedaakour
Member since 2007 • 120 Posts

Same as u dude! i dont have gold but still i manage to play online...i had a month gold before and play from time to time on 48hours free. and i still have a month free with my new xbox.

So yes i play online...and if i cant i just keep buying games every week.

GodLovesDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#41 GodLovesDead
Member since 2007 • 9755 Posts
I have a gold membership but I split it with my brother. I don't think I'm going to split the cost next time because there just isn't that many fun online games for the 360. I think I'll just stick with the PC. It's better, and free.
JaviBonilla23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 JaviBonilla23
Member since 2007 • 912 Posts

I have a gold membership but I split it with my brother. I don't think I'm going to split the cost next time because there just isn't that many fun online games for the 360. I think I'll just stick with the PC. It's better, and free.GodLovesDead

OMG I have never heard someone say something bad about the 360s online roster. Its the best one available in any console and in my opinion its even better that what the PC currently offers.

toxik_13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 toxik_13
Member since 2003 • 136 Posts
Seriously, 5$ per month is nothing. Christ, you work for like 30 minutes and you get to play online for 30 days. Even if you don't have a job, that's only one booster pack of Yugioh cards less. Quit QQing.
HilbillyRokstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 HilbillyRokstar
80% of the 360s value is online multiplayer? I figured 360s value came from great exclusives like Bioshock, Mass Effect, Gears of War, and Lost Odyssey. Canvas_Of_Flesh
Dude, 20 tears from now I will remember the friends I made on XBL, people mean more to me than games. If you have ony been around 20 years then maybe you aren`t mature enough to fully grasp this concept.
Avatar image for deactivated-205
deactivated-205

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 deactivated-205
Member since 2005 • 791 Posts
go to 711 and buy 13 months for 50$
TrueProphecy22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 TrueProphecy22
Member since 2005 • 1757 Posts

I love my gold membership... I've had it since I got my first XboX way, way back. It's only $50 a year, that's less than a dollar a week, which is why I can never understand people who complain about the cost. Certainly the other consoles are free, but what does that matter?

Our money gives MS an extra incentive to make the servers all they can be and to keep them up and running. And I'll guarantee you that if game developers get a piece of that pie as incentive for having multiplayer support, we'll see online multiplayer compatibility everywhere.

Canvas_Of_Flesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Canvas_Of_Flesh
Wow, Hillbilyrokstar, I felt that way about online "friends" when I was like 15. Eventually you have to grow up. Sorry for upsetting you by critisizing something I thought wasn't right. At least we know you're a sensitive guy now.
GodLovesDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#48 GodLovesDead
Member since 2007 • 9755 Posts

[QUOTE="GodLovesDead"]I have a gold membership but I split it with my brother. I don't think I'm going to split the cost next time because there just isn't that many fun online games for the 360. I think I'll just stick with the PC. It's better, and free.JaviBonilla23

its even better that what the PC currently offers.

/facepalm

It's hard to believe you even have a PC.

Canvas_Of_Flesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Canvas_Of_Flesh
GodLovesDead, Summoning rocks
HilbillyRokstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 HilbillyRokstar
Wow, Hillbilyrokstar, I felt that way about online "friends" when I was like 15. Eventually you have to grow up. Sorry for upsetting you by critisizing something I thought wasn't right. At least we know you're a sensitive guy now.Canvas_Of_Flesh
No offense about how you were in recent memory, but 15 year olds have NO idea what constitutes a REAL friend. By issuing that statement you proved my point.