iambatman7986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 0

#1 iambatman7986
Member since 2013 • 4575 Posts

I didn't want to create this in System Wars because I don't want fanboys turning this into something different.

I am irritated that MS is giving PC exclusive games like Gears Tactics, but the X1 shares its games with PC. Gears is a Xbox franchise, but this entry will not be on the X1. I don't understand why MS is doing this to its core fanbase.

https://www.polygon.com/e3/2018/6/10/17429816/gears-tactics-pc-trailer-e3-2018

Do you think MS will put this on X1? Does this irritate you as an X1 supporter?

Black96Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Black96Z
Member since 2007 • 955 Posts

Halo is a xbox franchise and they wont even bring Halo Spartan Strike to Xbox.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 13

#3 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
Member since 2008 • 9437 Posts

@Black96Z: that's a very good point. I remember I actually enjoyed that first one, spartan assault was it (?) when I first got my One. Surprised the second one was PC only.

@iambatman7986: Yeah, it's odd. I feel like they should just make a keyboard/mouse thing for the XBox, so you can play RTS games and the like on it.

I mean, imagine how great it'd be if Microsoft could announce Age of Empires 4 for XBox One. Only thing really preventing that is no way to do keyboard and mouse, right?

Verceties

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#5 Verceties
Member since 2005 • 322 Posts

Tactics games like that are naturally just better played with mouse and keyboard. Yes they could find a way to have it on both console and PC but who knows maybe that comes later down the line.

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#6 Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

I'm a Gears fan and it doesn't bother me because of Gears 5, it looks amazing so far overall, and I did read this new tactics game is tailored with M/K in mind so that's why it is not coming to Xbox. It's not a game that interests me really, although I do enjoy the occasional RTS I have not even finished Halo Wars 2 which I consider to be great(for a console RTS anyways).

But anyways, some fans may be upset and it is understandable, maybe if they give enough feedback they might port it....but honestly I would prefer they focus on Gears 5 rather than porting a side PC game.

Not only that, but I am very satisfied with their work on Gears 4, they have updated the game so much and did their best to appease the community, it's a game I played a lot and I'm stoked for Gears 5. The way I see it they can do what they please with their property, side projects, toys, whatever..... some of the income they earn from side projects like that should overall be healthy for the franchise, it could help supplement the budget of the Xbox One entries....just as long as the main titles are well supported on Xbox, it's not a big deal for me but I respect people that don't like it, I understand....you should give The Coalition feedback.

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14801 Posts

No.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@iambatman7986 said:

I didn't want to create this in System Wars because I don't want fanboys turning this into something different.

I am irritated that MS is giving PC exclusive games like Gears Tactics, but the X1 shares its games with PC. Gears is a Xbox franchise, but this entry will not be on the X1. I don't understand why MS is doing this to its core fanbase.

https://www.polygon.com/e3/2018/6/10/17429816/gears-tactics-pc-trailer-e3-2018

Do you think MS will put this on X1? Does this irritate you as an X1 supporter?

Yes its irritating, I gave MS a LOT of shit when they announced Age of Empires 4 exclusive to PC. Now i'm not angry because these games are not on Xbox just angry because MS is using money that has most likely comes from loyal Xbox gamers such as myself to make games for ungrateful PC gamers who not only don't pay for Xbox Live gold, but don't even need an Xbox to play these games.

MS need to stop hedging its bets by making games for Xbox/PC and just focus on its loyal paying base.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@Alucard_Prime said:

I'm a Gears fan and it doesn't bother me because of Gears 5, it looks amazing so far overall, and I did read this new tactics game is tailored with M/K in mind so that's why it is not coming to Xbox. It's not a game that interests me really, although I do enjoy the occasional RTS I have not even finished Halo Wars 2 which I consider to be great(for a console RTS anyways).

But anyways, some fans may be upset and it is understandable, maybe if they give enough feedback they might port it....but honestly I would prefer they focus on Gears 5 rather than porting a side PC game.

Not only that, but I am very satisfied with their work on Gears 4, they have updated the game so much and did their best to appease the community, it's a game I played a lot and I'm stoked for Gears 5. The way I see it they can do what they please with their property, side projects, toys, whatever..... some of the income they earn from side projects like that should overall be healthy for the franchise, it could help supplement the budget of the Xbox One entries....just as long as the main titles are well supported on Xbox, it's not a big deal for me but I respect people that don't like it, I understand....you should give The Coalition feedback.

Its not about porting the game to XB1, its about taking Xbox games and also releasing them on PC, and using money to make PC ONLY GAMES, as a loyal paying Xbox customer why should I be happy/neutral that MS is using gaming funds to create games I as again a loyal customer can't play even if I wanted to.

Yes its their property, but without Xbox gamers the series would have never took off, and PC gamers also get Gears 5 too.

So PC gamers don't have to buy an Xbox to play MS game offerings, nor do they need to pay for live, and yet they get 2 exclusive games.

Now an Xbox owner who pays for the console & live gets rewarded with no exclusives.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ebea105efb64
deactivated-5ebea105efb64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10 deactivated-5ebea105efb64
Member since 2013 • 7262 Posts

It will come to XB1 eventually I think. We might have an XCOM 2 situation here.

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#11 Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

@i_p_daily: I respectfully disagree, there is no indication to me they are using "Xbox gaming" funds to produce this little side game(that could have instead been used to make Gears 5 better), they also launched a comic book series for Gears recently and a clothing store....that does not mean they used gaming funds from Xbox to do that and reduced the budget of Gears 5 as a result. They likely get more funding from Microsoft for each project, so Gears 5 will turn out the same whether or not this little side PC game is produced.

You have to remember this franchise was "dumped" by Epic games years ago and one of the reasons were the astronomical costs to keep producing sequels for it. They need to do things differently this time around to keep the franchise more viable.

Gears 5 is a very high-profile game with a story driven campaign, numerous online co-operative and competitive features. They need every cent they can make and by releasing the game on PC and doing little side projects that brings in more revenue overall and to me this is good for the franchise as a whole and I don't want another exclusive Gears game from RTS or puzzle genre on Xbox unless it makes sense and it is going to do well there... I just want an amazing Gears of War 5 game on Xbox and I will judge them based on how well that game turns out.

BigBadBully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 BigBadBully
Member since 2006 • 2367 Posts

Doesnt bother me as it will likely come to xbox after pc version is completed later on down the road.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 5

#14 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15914 Posts

Xcom can work on consoles. Gears can too.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@Alucard_Prime said:

@i_p_daily: I respectfully disagree, there is no indication to me they are using "Xbox gaming" funds to produce this little side game(that could have instead been used to make Gears 5 better), they also launched a comic book series for Gears recently and a clothing store....that does not mean they used gaming funds from Xbox to do that and reduced the budget of Gears 5 as a result. They likely get more funding from Microsoft for each project, so Gears 5 will turn out the same whether or not this little side PC game is produced.

You have to remember this franchise was "dumped" by Epic games years ago and one of the reasons were the astronomical costs to keep producing sequels for it. They need to do things differently this time around to keep the franchise more viable.

Gears 5 is a very high-profile game with a story driven campaign, numerous online co-operative and competitive features. They need every cent they can make and by releasing the game on PC and doing little side projects that brings in more revenue overall and to me this is good for the franchise as a whole and I don't want another exclusive Gears game from RTS or puzzle genre on Xbox unless it makes sense and it is going to do well there... I just want an amazing Gears of War 5 game on Xbox and I will judge them based on how well that game turns out.

I too have to respectfully disagree. Why do you keep calling it a little side game? Age of Empires 4 is not a little side game and neither is Gears Tactics, they have massive names behind them to be "little side games".

Also I believe the money is coming from MS gaming revenue, which comes from mainly Xbox customers.

iambatman7986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#16 iambatman7986
Member since 2013 • 4575 Posts

The fact that Xbox shares all its MS games with PC, while PC gets exclusives from MS is my problem. I thought MS was about Play Anywhere. Or is it just play Xbox games anywhere?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@iambatman7986 said:

The fact that Xbox shares all its MS games with PC, while PC gets exclusives from MS is my problem. I thought MS was about Play Anywhere. Or is it justplay Xbox games anywhere?

Seems like it.

Fuhrer_D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Fuhrer_D
Member since 2011 • 1125 Posts

Xcom 2 was PC only as well.....

SUD123456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 SUD123456
Member since 2007 • 6949 Posts

@i_p_daily: I think you are irrational about it. Microsoft has a market cap of $758 Billion and liquid current assets of $130 Billion. It is kind of silly to think that gears 5/gears tactics or any other game is constrained by available money or that investment in Xbox vs pc is mutually exclusive. They clearly have the money to do whatever they want and it wouldn't mean a damn thing to the overall corporate financial position.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@SUD123456 said:

@i_p_daily: I think you are irrational about it. Microsoft has a market cap of $758 Billion and liquid current assets of $130 Billion. It is kind of silly to think that gears 5/gears tactics or any other game is constrained by available money or that investment in Xbox vs pc is mutually exclusive. They clearly have the money to do whatever they want and it wouldn't mean a damn thing to the overall corporate financial position.

Do you think Phil Spencer has a blank check to do what he pleases, a say bottomless pit of cash???

pcvirginrace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#21 pcvirginrace
Member since 2017 • 192 Posts

Xbox is getting keyboard mouse soon. That should bring over tactics