Anyone bothered about Kinect

This topic is locked from further discussion.

the1stmoonfly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 the1stmoonfly
Member since 2006 • 3293 Posts

Ive been eagerly waiting for info to unfold, and I really couldnt care about Wii cloned stuff. What I want is support for head tracking style features in games. I want Kinect to be an extension to the 360 controller in serious games. So far, I havent seen anything like this mentioned, although I keep waiting. Anyone else feel the same, or does anyone know if this is going to happen. What i would really like is for a system update that allowed head tracking to work in all my existing favorite games, especially the shooters, but I know that aint gonna happen :(.

Tano218

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Tano218
Member since 2010 • 1505 Posts

im not a big fan of motion controls but motion controls are the new

k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#3 k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts
microsoft is promoting kinect has no controllers not add on for the controller... i get your point but it's not happening this year. maybe next year. p.s do you mean head tracking by turn your head and the camera turns? because i think that be really bad in fps or many games. you need lookm at the screen not worry about turning your head and trying keep your eyes locked on... just my opinion maybe it wouldnt work that great in most games
johny300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 johny300
Member since 2010 • 12496 Posts
Yes i am because i want to sit down playing with a controller. and its games are not as good as the move to be honest.
wwervin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#5 wwervin
Member since 2003 • 10274 Posts
Just like k2theswiss said MS has been marketing this thing as the anti controller basically. All that "YOU are the controller" stuff will seem inappropriate if they start showing games that need the controller to be played. In my opinion it's not worth it. At least for now.. Maybe in the future they'll do things similar to what you said but that's not gonna happen anytime soon.
_fark_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 _fark_
Member since 2005 • 577 Posts

kinect has a lot of potential for hardcore gamers if they allowed system link for single player multi screen games or just a multi screen system. Imagine being able to have 4 50" surrounding you, all showing different aspects of the game

DeanG642

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#7 DeanG642
Member since 2009 • 595 Posts
Sure, from a technological aspect, Kinect is astounding, but from a gaming aspect, I have no interest in it, and microsoft only want to accommodate the casual gamer. But thats understandable. There is enough coming out over the next two years to keep me, and surely other gamers occupied for a long time. So when all you casual gamers are jumping around your living rooms, or waving your hands like a maniac trying to play a DVD, I will look up from my games of BRINK and Halo Reach and think "HA". On the other hand, MS could do a complete turn around. I want Head Tracking for 360. It costs 150 on the PC for head tracking hardware, so I would be happy to pay the same. But they wont.
DeanG642

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 DeanG642
[QUOTE="k2theswiss"]microsoft is promoting kinect has no controllers not add on for the controller... i get your point but it's not happening this year. maybe next year. p.s do you mean head tracking by turn your head and the camera turns? because i think that be really bad in fps or many games. you need lookm at the screen not worry about turning your head and trying keep your eyes locked on... just my opinion maybe it wouldnt work that great in most games

You clearly havent experienced the wonder of head tracking. A friend of mine has it on his PC. Its hard to explain how it works, but its incredible. Once you get used to it, which doesnt take long, it makes games much better.
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#9 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

microsoft is promoting kinect has no controllers not add on for the controllerk2theswiss

Nope, they said the exact opposite

Kinect is for casuals who just will never master a controller

For the seasoned vets with controllers Kinect will be an add on

They said all this at E3

Avatar image for pokemondude2012
pokemondude2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 pokemondude2012
Member since 2010 • 5938 Posts
truthfully i think the kinect will be crap i just dont like motion controlls
DeanG642

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 DeanG642
[QUOTE="pokemondude2012"]truthfully i think the kinect will be crap i just dont like motion controlls

You are everywhere!! :P
wiouds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 wiouds
Member since 2004 • 6233 Posts

Think of controler style (such as controller, and keyboard & mouse,) as a set of gold club. For this think of mothion control is a new putter that is better than the older ones. In normal golf, you use the putter on the green and not anywhere else. You don't drive with the putter or tea off with one. The thing is you can also use the putter for mini golf. Mini golf take less to be made and many can play it without that much pratice. While, normal golf they need more space and not as many can play without practice such as the drving range. When given the choose some game maker will make Mini golf for the new putter than having the putter be use in normal golf.

Avatar image for Night_Shadow955
Night_Shadow955

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13 Night_Shadow955
Member since 2010 • 34 Posts

I honestly don't give a flying ****

pokemondude2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 pokemondude2012

Night_Shadow955
thanks. thats how i feel
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#15 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

[QUOTE="Night_Shadow955"]

pokemondude2012

thanks. thats how i feel

Obviously you care a great deal not only for posting here in the first place but then tracking it all day

KidCudi37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 KidCudi37
Member since 2010 • 3535 Posts

im not a big fan of motion controls but motion controls are the new

Tano218
This. I still don't think Kinect will do very well though.
pokemondude2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 pokemondude2012

[QUOTE="pokemondude2012"][QUOTE="Night_Shadow955"]

Jaysonguy

thanks. thats how i feel

Obviously you care a great deal not only for posting here in the first place but then tracking it all day

no i just saw that there were more post here and i came
xXMotoPsychoXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#18 xXMotoPsychoXx
Member since 2009 • 187 Posts

I believe that the Kinect will be a great big smelly turd. I feel that when they design this peripheral they did not keep the hardcore gamer in mind. So, lets face it there is not much money in the family gaming market. I, for one, am looking forward to the Move. I don't believe that the Move can be compared to the Wii controller. It has much more possibilitiesand the control is not much different than the original controller,which will make for a very smooth transition.

WolfmanRXR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 WolfmanRXR
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts

Game developers have already been planning games that use the kinect and controller together for hardcore titles. they haven't been able to make any yet because they are still getting used to the kinect's tech and control scheme