Any way to get Xbox One's online running more smoothly?

IMAHAPYHIPPO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#1 IMAHAPYHIPPO
Member since 2004 • 4196 Posts

I've been trying to watch games on the Xbox One ESPN app, and good Lord does this thing have problems. It seems like the wireless in the One isn't capable of handling high-capacity online streaming. Hard wiring isn't an option. Has anybody else had any problems with the internet on the Xbox One/have any solutions?

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

Known issue with the ESPN app. I've heard quite a few people complain about it being slow, buffering etc. Obviously a wired connection would help a little but it's not an option with your setup.

IMAHAPYHIPPO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By IMAHAPYHIPPO

@BattleSpectre: Sure would be nice if they took care of that. Kind of the reason I pay extra money annually when I can use all this crap for free elsewhere.

Also, I talked to the MS people, and if anybody else is having problems with shoddy connection, clearing out your cache in your network settings does wonders for your Xbox. They really made this thing like a PC.

kingcrimson24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#4 kingcrimson24
Member since 2012 • 824 Posts

of course it depends on your internet bandwidth too . how much is it ? if its less than 10mbs then this is pretty normal

Venom951

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5  Edited By Venom951
Member since 2012 • 389 Posts

Mine works well sometime there is just lag when selecting a video but I don't have problems buffering or anything

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

@IMAHAPYHIPPO:

It's strange, today my Xbone couldn't connect to my god-teir Asus Dual band RT-AC68u 5.0 Router. I laughed as I was on my wirless devices. I turned on my Wii U, PS3, Two PCs, PS4, and two different Xbox 360s and there was no problem. I've been an Xbox Live Gold member for over a decade, since the original Xbox. I've been using Wifi since the O.G Xbox, Gamecube, PS2 era.

After testing various devices including two smartphones and a laptop, I turned the Xbox 360 on and streamed HBO just to be sure. I got an ACE connection. Ironically, I did so whilst using the HDMI of the Xbone. So, the Xbone was on and couldn't get a connection, and then the 360 was on through the Xbone, and it worked online flawlessly. lol.

Luckily, I'm not playing anything on Xbone so I just turned it off and shrugged. I'll deal with it this weekend or until there is a game I want to play online. I don't play TF anymore, eh.

I commented because this thread has strange timing with my Xbone Online fortunes today. I never had this problem until today...granted, I don't play Xbone much save for that two week period when TF was new. That was the only Online game, the rest of my Xbone games I can fiddle with offline, but I don't have any I'd like to play right now considering I have all the machines so I don't buy lower end multiplats on Xbone.

Maybe this might help. According to Xbox.com, there are issues right now with Xbox Live Gold. Although they say it's only for 360, which I have NO PROBLEMS WITH any of my 360 hardware.

Xbox Live Status

Services:

Social and Gaming: Limited

Affected platforms: Xbox 360

----

Hmmm.

IMAHAPYHIPPO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By IMAHAPYHIPPO

@SolidTy: I actually talked to some MS folk, and they really made the One like a PC. Go into your network settings and clear out your cache every couple weeks, and you should be fine. Once I cleared out my cache, my connection improved exponentially.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By SolidTy

@IMAHAPYHIPPO said:

@SolidTy: I actually talked to some MS folk, and they really made the One like a PC. Go into your network settings and clear out your cache every couple weeks, and you should be fine. Once I cleared out my cache, my connection improved exponentially.

Silly design when all my other machines in the house work perfectly but when I was going to bother spending more than 5 minutes on the Xbone, that was my first step.

I hardly use the thing, I wonder what cache I am going to be clearing out. Whatever the case is, I'm sure it will work. It better anyways. For a launch unit, it's practically brand new due to lack of exclusive quality games and I don't bother with apps.

Thanks for reconfirming my first step when I get around to turning it on. I wish I was worried, but I'm just not...even though I'm a paying XBL Gold member, there's no reason for me to go online right now luckily. I do want that peace of mind though that my expensive device is working properly.

I hope they offer Xbox Gold's Games for Gold program for Xbone, that would certainly get me to go online to DL free games. I do for 360 twice a month, that worked to get me to turn on the 360 after they seemed to drop exclusive support.

IMAHAPYHIPPO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 IMAHAPYHIPPO

@SolidTy: Also, whenever your console gets really bogged down, clear out the system cache. To do that, unplug everything, classic internet router style (because apparently it's 2000 again), and wait 60 seconds. When you plug everything back in, hold down both the power button and eject button to clear everything out.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 SolidTy

@IMAHAPYHIPPO said:

@SolidTy: Also, whenever your console gets really bogged down, clear out the system cache. To do that, unplug everything, classic internet router style (because apparently it's 2000 again), and wait 60 seconds. When you plug everything back in, hold down both the power button and eject button to clear everything out.

I just watched a youtube on that...that's what the guy did. Thanks for posting that and for future posters that want to know how to clear the cache. That is classic router style, lol.

Strange we can't do it from the menu. Hmmm.

IMAHAPYHIPPO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By IMAHAPYHIPPO

@SolidTy: Microsoft sure made an interesting beast of a console.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By SolidTy

@IMAHAPYHIPPO said:

Yes, it also doubles as a Home Security system, frightening would be intruders by it's sheer commanding presence and authority.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 SolidTy

@IMAHAPYHIPPO said:

I turned the Xbone on today getting ready to do that cache clearing as I had some freetime, but instead the Xbone worked flawlessly. It booted up right online.

I think it was an XBL problem. Then I turned it off and now I can go shopping. Weird.