Any RPG Suggestions?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

black_bandit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 black_bandit
Member since 2006 • 37 Posts
I really want to try out a few RPG's for the 360, I like RPG's like Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy, and others like that. Can anyone suggest any for me?
Staryoshi87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#2 Staryoshi87
Member since 2003 • 12760 Posts
Other than Enchanted Arms and Oblivion, it's a VERY weak genre on the box... unfortunately. Blue Dragon, Eternal sonata, and other RPGs are on the way, though! So don't lose hope... ;)
landogg69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 landogg69
Member since 2004 • 129 Posts
Eternal Sonota and Blue dragon, but you will have to wait until august
Mauser_Loader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Mauser_Loader
Member since 2007 • 432 Posts
PS3 Board is Thata way --->>
Mauser_Loader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Mauser_Loader

Eternal Sonota and Blue dragon, but you will have to wait until augustlandogg69

BD is not coming out in AGT.

Not being an ass, but im just telling you the truth

LoneWolfATL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 LoneWolfATL
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
get Two Worlds when it comes out next month. That looks a whole lot better than Oblivion and it has multiplayer.
klusps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 53

#7 klusps
Member since 2005 • 10386 Posts
Oblivion is your best bet. Also there is other titles coming out like Blue Dragons.
Staryoshi87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Staryoshi87
Forgot about Two Worlds... I used to be oober pumped about that game until they omg-delayed it for 2 months.
Mauser_Loader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Mauser_Loader

Forgot about Two Worlds... I used to be oober pumped about that game until they omg-delayed it for 2 months. Staryoshi87

:?

jacksheets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 jacksheets
Member since 2005 • 1747 Posts
There's Enchanted Arms which got mixed reviews. Might want to look into it.
Staryoshi87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Staryoshi87

There's Enchanted Arms which got mixed reviews. Might want to look into it.jacksheets

Any fans of traditional JRPGs (Run around, random battles, level up, kinda corny kind cool storyline that may or may not make sense) I say go for it for sure. I'm glad I picked it up :)

Avatar image for icedfacekilla57
icedfacekilla57

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#12 icedfacekilla57
Member since 2007 • 601 Posts

I've played enchanted arms and i must say i was pretty impressed. The fighting system pits you in a turn-base style play where you move in blocks, and the fighting doesnt make contact with the enemy, meaning the fighter can be 2 blocks away from the enemy and still hit him, depending on the attack.

You get used to it though and the whole storyline is great as well, its a sort of mix between final fantasy and legends of legaia, for all of you old-skool rpgers out there.

Oblivion really isnt my cup of tea, its boring, free-roam, and a little too much freedom. Some people like it but, i'm probably gonna give it another try.

Other than that, the 360 isnt that heavy on rpgs. its more of a shooter, adventure type console.

But dont regret your purchase, the 360 is a fine piece of work, and saying that i hope square enix will eventually sign their rpgs to the 360 (Other than FF11).

Mauser_Loader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Mauser_Loader

I've played enchanted arms and i must say i was pretty impressed. The fighting system pits you in a turn-base style play where you move in blocks, and the fighting doesnt make contact with the enemy, meaning the fighter can be 2 blocks away from the enemy and still hit him, depending on the attack.

You get used to it though and the whole storyline is great as well, its a sort of mix between final fantasy and legends of legaia, for all of you old-skool rpgers out there.

Oblivion really isnt my cup of tea, its boring, free-roam, and a little too much freedom. Some people like it but, i'm probably gonna give it another try.

Other than that, the 360 isnt that heavy on rpgs. its more of a shooter, adventure type console.

But dont regret your purchase, the 360 is a fine piece of work, and saying that i hope square enix will eventually sign their rpgs to the 360 (Other than FF11).

icedfacekilla57

Would you recommend that or should I get FFXII?

acidic_dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14 acidic_dude
Member since 2003 • 1713 Posts
If you talking about any suggestions for my own rpg or a new rpg i would suggest a Vectorman action adventure role-playing game, that would be off the damn hook. But if you're talkin' bout' a game to play then i would just wait for blue dragon in august, because the only other good rpg that is out for the 360 right now is Oblivion but that is not the style you prefer from what you said you like, but there is two worlds coming out on july 31st and that might be something your into, has same producer as final fantasy and you will surely love blue dragon as it is from the makers of chrono trigger, im really interested in that game because of that, but blue dragon dont come out until august, so if i were you and you got the money, get oblivion, play it to hold off your appetite and get two worlds when it comes out, then play that until blue dragon comes out. Then FF13 should be hopefully coming out this year or early next year but you will prolly need a PS3 unless Sony does not open up their pocket book and locks in ff13.
black_bandit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 black_bandit
I looked into the Enchanted Arms and it looks pretty good, thanks for the suggestion everyone.
black_bandit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 black_bandit
Blue Dragon looks equally good.
Spartan874

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#17 Spartan874
Member since 2005 • 2142 Posts
Mass Effect. pretty different than the games you mentioned but still an RPG. itll be amazing too
Avatar image for icedfacekilla57
icedfacekilla57

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 icedfacekilla57
Member since 2007 • 601 Posts
[QUOTE="icedfacekilla57"]

Mauser_Loader

Would you recommend that or should I get FFXII?

Well, if you dont have FFXII then you should already, some people like enchanted arms but it isnt for everyone, if you love rpgs then i suggest you get FFXII because, like i said, Enchanted arms doesnt meet up to EVERYONES standards.

FFXII has a mmo feel to it though, not turn-based, but it still is a fine rpg. Its free-roam and when you encounter monsters it the screen doesnt break into a million pieces or warp into a black hole, still pauses though if you really need to plan everything out.

jacksheets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 jacksheets
Member since 2005 • 1747 Posts
FF XII is for PS2, you're sure you mean that or did you mean XI?
Bromz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#20 Bromz
Member since 2005 • 1639 Posts
With Mass Effect, Blue Dragon and Fable 2 coming this year the 360's rpg line up will be definitely alot stronger soon.
Alpha172

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#21 Alpha172
Member since 2007 • 1437 Posts
I recommend you try out Oblivion, it's really good, nice, awesome graphics and smooth gameplay - well mostly.
The upcoming RPG's you should try are Overlord which is out in two weeks from this post or abit less than two weeks. Then comes Kingdom Under Fire: Circle of Doom which will most likley be out somewhere this year, possibly late september or so.
Avatar image for deactivated-5f89ab8e63049
deactivated-5f89ab8e63049

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 deactivated-5f89ab8e63049
Member since 2007 • 3182 Posts

WE don't have too many RPG's on the ole Xbox, certainly not JRPGs, which is what you seem to be leaning towards.

Pretty much what everyone has said are your options. You can either go for Enchanted Arms (which is... ok... i guess) or Oblivion (which is fantastic!), or wait until later this year for games like Two Worlds, Blue Dragon, Eternal Sonata or Mass Effect. There are also more RPG's which we are likely to see sometime next year, such as Fable 2, Lost Odyssey and/or Elveon.

newmanmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 newmanmaster
Member since 2006 • 187 Posts
Well as of now we dont have to much RPG"s but dont worry after mass effect and fable2 they will start rolling in.
newmanmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 newmanmaster
Member since 2006 • 187 Posts
As of now we dont have much RPG's but dont worry after Fable 2, and Mass effect come out the RPG's should role on in.
Terami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#25 Terami
Member since 2004 • 3992 Posts
Now is the perfect time to experience Knights of the Old Republic I & II, Fable or Jade Empire if you haven't already experienced them on Xbox. Other than these 3 older titles, Oblivion is your best bet until the other RPG's start coming out. This fall will have some big RPG titles coming out.
Anabub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Anabub
Member since 2006 • 8316 Posts
I have to say I really enjoyed enchanted arms alot more than i thought I would ... give it a go
Gregoroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Gregoroth
Member since 2005 • 2552 Posts
I personally hated Oblivion. One of the worst games I've ever played (and I gave it a fair go, 12+ hours)...I would also recommend older titles like Terami hasif you haven't played them such as the fabulous Jade Empire and Fable.

Look out for Fable 2, Blue Dragon, Lost Odyssey, Alan Wake (although probably not classed as RPG). There should be a few more as well but I'm not familiar with them. Now if only Shenmue III was announced...*drools*
kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#28 kitty  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 115429 Posts
you should try out enchanted arms, i've playeda bout 20 hours of it and it seems pretty good
fenwickhotmail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#29 fenwickhotmail
Member since 2004 • 7308 Posts
mass effect september slated to be amazin
odie333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#30 odie333
Member since 2003 • 108 Posts
I think Oblivion is awesome, and it is massive.