An important correction about GTA4

This topic is locked from further discussion.

JaviBonilla23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 JaviBonilla23
Member since 2007 • 912 Posts

Many people think that the music that was in the last trailer is hip hop. Well just for you to learn something new I will share my knowledge on the subject. Its not hip hop is Jamaican Dancehall and in my opinion (Im a music expert so my opinion is strong) its the best music genre in the world. The author of the song is Mavado, he is the hottest dancehall artist in the Carribean and the world right now and in my opinion the best reggae singer since Bob Marley. Another important possible reason for the fact that his song is featured in GTA 4 can be the fact that he is a real life criminal who has been in jail many times and he is a GANSTA 4 LIFE.

I reccomend u to download all of his songs and if u feel lazy just download his best songs: Im on the rock, Top shotta nuh miss, and No man can have mi back

Avatar image for forgetwatyahear
forgetwatyahear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 forgetwatyahear
Member since 2005 • 6260 Posts
movado can be charecterized as hip-hop/reagge...he just did a song with Jay-z. I just hope they have good music stations like in previous games.
Hitchy9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 Hitchy9
Member since 2007 • 2054 Posts
How are you a "music expert"?
Outsider-G

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Outsider-G
Member since 2006 • 2444 Posts

Crazy reggae song. Bounty Killa is good too.

grassdream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 grassdream
Member since 2006 • 1902 Posts

(Im a music expert so my opinion is strong)

JaviBonilla23

lulz

Chezzanator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#6 Chezzanator
Member since 2006 • 291 Posts
Meh, thats your opinion. I think I'll be tuning in KDST Rock (or whatever it's gonna be called) when I'm playing some GTAIV.
BassKreator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 BassKreator
Member since 2007 • 531 Posts
im gonna be listening to their Techno/Trance station if they have one :D
Legendaryscmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Legendaryscmt
Member since 2005 • 12532 Posts
Your opinion is as good as the 360's realiability.
adders99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 adders99
Member since 2005 • 2623 Posts
hahahahahahaha.... your opinion is not strong at all.... if it was... i would listen to it. and this thread really has no point to it except the fact that you want us to download some song that isnt even very good.
beet0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 beet0
Member since 2004 • 134 Posts

Stop hating, if you lived in jamaica like me you would know movado is big as people say.

-If you play video games all day you have know life- Fat-Joe.

Antox-RX8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Antox-RX8
Member since 2006 • 711 Posts

Many people think that the music that was in the last trailer is hip hop. Well just for you to learn something new I will share my knowledge on the subject. Its not hip hop is Jamaican Dancehall and in my opinion (Im a music expert so my opinion is strong) its the best music genre in the world. The author of the song is Mavado, he is the hottest dancehall artist in the Carribean and the world right now and in my opinion the best reggae singer since Bob Marley. Another important possible reason for the fact that his song is featured in GTA 4 can be the fact that he is a real life criminal who has been in jail many times and he is a GANSTA 4 LIFE.

I reccomend u to download all of his songs and if u feel lazy just download his best songs: Im on the rock, Top shotta nuh miss, and No man can have mi back

JaviBonilla23

First Of all mister music expert his name is Movado, and secondly he is the most annoying dancehall singer ever, 1 of every 10 of his songs are good. only two i liked is "gangster for life" and "dying." he keeps going: 'anyway!!" its sooo anoying! this is all my opinion.

killerfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 killerfist
Member since 2005 • 20155 Posts
spice girls ROCK! everyone that listened to music in the 90s knows it! and Im a music expert so my opinions are strong
JoshChambers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 JoshChambers
Member since 2004 • 1646 Posts
[QUOTE="JaviBonilla23"]

Antox-RX8

First Of all mister music expert his name is Movado, and secondly he is the most annoying dancehall singer ever, 1 of every 10 of his songs are good. only two i liked is "gangster for life" and "dying." he keeps going: 'anyway!!" its sooo anoying! this is all my opinion.

Wow, if your going to burn someone get your facts straight. It is Mavado. check out wiki.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mavado_%28singer%29

Lach0121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#14 Lach0121
Member since 2007 • 11783 Posts

JaviBonilla23
first off being a musician myself, I have to say his music really doesnt do anything for me. sorry. i only listen to music that i can feel.... though for you to say that style of music is the best in the world, is opinion, and im so sick and tired of everyone genrelizing music..... but i could say the bands and music i listen to are the best in the world, though i love talented musicians, like ill name a few bands just the ones im enjoying now... Dream Theater(no way you can argue that talent, John Petrucci is prolly the best guitarist i have ever heard, and trust me I have heard many many guitarists.) Iced Earth, some of the best galloping crunches on the guitar.. Arch Enemy, those brother guitarists play so well with each other. Nightwish, they are different but i like some of their style... Nevermore,(jeff loomis is one of the most original guitarists their are) not to mention a bunch of good composers out there like Matt Uelmen, or Clint Mansell. yoko shimumura, and old school stuff like pink floyd, and jan hammer, and classical like beethoven or bach, the four seasons, or the planets.. many many people "musicians and audeinces" have forgotten what music is, it is a universal language of emotion.... not a means to get laid, fit in, or rebel...
Kenshi_is_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Kenshi_is_god
Member since 2004 • 5414 Posts
You're a music expert that supports downloading songs...hence the downfall of the industry. I see you love music.
kieran88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 kieran88
Member since 2004 • 2273 Posts

How are you a "music expert"?Hitchy9

I know, what a douche.

pygmahia5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 pygmahia5
Member since 2007 • 7428 Posts
expert?...someone thinks too highly of themselves
JaviBonilla23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 JaviBonilla23
Member since 2007 • 912 Posts
[QUOTE="JaviBonilla23"]

Antox-RX8

Its Mavado not Movado look it up on the cover of his cd noob.

Chezzanator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Chezzanator
Member since 2006 • 291 Posts
[QUOTE="JaviBonilla23"]

Lach0121

first off being a musician myself, I have to say his music really doesnt do anything for me. sorry. i only listen to music that i can feel.... though for you to say that style of music is the best in the world, is opinion, and im so sick and tired of everyone genrelizing music..... but i could say the bands and music i listen to are the best in the world, though i love talented musicians, like ill name a few bands just the ones im enjoying now... Dream Theater(no way you can argue that talent, John Petrucci is prolly the best guitarist i have ever heard, and trust me I have heard many many guitarists.) Iced Earth, some of the best galloping crunches on the guitar.. Arch Enemy, those brother guitarists play so well with each other. Nightwish, they are different but i like some of their style... Nevermore,(jeff loomis is one of the most original guitarists their are) not to mention a bunch of good composers out there like Matt Uelmen, or Clint Mansell. yoko shimumura, and old school stuff like pink floyd, and jan hammer, and classical like beethoven or bach, the four seasons, or the planets.. many many people "musicians and audeinces" have forgotten what music is, it is a universal language of emotion.... not a means to get laid, fit in, or rebel...

Wow dude, that was very well said! I like your taste in music, although I would have added Nobuo Uemastu to the list of composers:)

Djmaster214

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Djmaster214
Member since 2005 • 3240 Posts
i cant believe he put wiki as a viable source
Lach0121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Lach0121
You're a music expert that supports downloading songs...hence the downfall of the industry. I see you love music.Kenshi_is_god
actually mtv, and vh1 was the start of the downfall of music, way before nabster and kazaa.
Lach0121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Lach0121
[QUOTE="Lach0121"][QUOTE="JaviBonilla23"]

Chezzanator

Wow dude, that was very well said! I like your taste in music, although I would have added Nobuo Uemastu to the list of composers:)

agreed :) i love his stuff too, not all of it of course, but alot of the music he did was beautiful like all the advent children music from the movie, and the music from blue dragon, and lost odyssey... i have to agree he is a great composer, not to forget Martin O'Donnel that did all the halo music, too, halo may be over-rated, but the music in the games is beautiful halo2 still has the best out of the 3.
Aaron89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Aaron89
Member since 2003 • 3377 Posts

im gonna be listening to their Techno/Trance station if they have one :DBassKreator

Hellz yeah. I can't wait to see the rest of the stations GTA:IV will have. If you didn't already know, there's a whopping 18.

Ps2stony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#24 Ps2stony
Member since 2006 • 1888 Posts
How is this an important correction?
Lach0121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Lach0121
How is this an important correction?Ps2stony
lol it was a correction in the TC's eyes, but in all honesty he didnt really know what he was talking about when he was mentioning music, especially for being an "expert" in it, and in no way is an audience more of an expert in music, than a musician himself. period
Avatar image for Legacy_of_Gamef
Legacy_of_Gamef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Legacy_of_Gamef
Member since 2008 • 236 Posts

(Im a music expert so my opinion is strong) JaviBonilla23

Hahahahahaha

Toriko42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#27 Toriko42
Member since 2006 • 27562 Posts
Whatever, either way I know that the music in the game will be the best, cant wait to listen to the house/trance station
Lach0121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Lach0121
Whatever, either way I know that the music in the game will be the best, cant wait to listen to the house/trance stationToriko42
actually GTA has never really had great music, and even further than being the best... and im speaking of all GTA games when i say that including the ones before 3.
Avatar image for XxXFaTTxMaTTXxX
XxXFaTTxMaTTXxX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 XxXFaTTxMaTTXxX
Member since 2005 • 1483 Posts

Music Expert :lol:

I;m confident the music in GTA IV will be good.

They've been doing it well so far.

Hungmonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Hungmonkey
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts

Ha Ha hahhaahahahahah... that is the funniest thing I've read in these blogs!... Killerfist, YOU are a GENIUS!

Hungmonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Hungmonkey
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts

[QUOTE="Ps2stony"]How is this an important correction?Lach0121
lol it was a correction in the TC's eyes, but in all honesty he didnt really know what he was talking about when he was mentioning music, especially for being an "expert" in it, and in no way is an audience more of an expert in music, than a musician himself. period

Well if that's the case.. I am a working musician in Las Vegas with my own piano show on the Strip! I say Weird Al Yancovic is the best damn musician and we need more of HIM in GTAIV! Stick it to the Man!

ARO1993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#32 ARO1993
Member since 2007 • 213 Posts

thats cool with me

i thought u were gonna correct something and say that there wasnt online or something dissapointing like that

Liquidsword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Liquidsword
Member since 2005 • 39 Posts

i cant believe he put wiki as a viable source Djmaster214

I think wiki is more than capable to get the name of an artist correct.

Avatar image for SalchichaGrande
SalchichaGrande

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 SalchichaGrande
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

Thanks for that clarification (you're a huge douche).

Avatar image for metallica_fan42
metallica_fan42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#35 metallica_fan42
Member since 2006 • 21143 Posts

As long as they have some cool classic metal songs and some good rock songs, I'll be happy.

killerfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 killerfist
Member since 2005 • 20155 Posts

Ha Ha hahhaahahahahah... that is the funniest thing I've read in these blogs!... Killerfist, YOU are a GENIUS!

Hungmonkey

hellyea I am8)

slim-pagey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#37 slim-pagey
Member since 2006 • 362 Posts
this is jokesssss
Lach0121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Lach0121

XxXFaTTxMaTTXxX
and i totally disagree, but i tell you now, we would just end up arguing all night because i promise you, you would fold quicker than i especially on the subject of music. so as to be fair to each their own.
kieran88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 kieran88
[QUOTE="XxXFaTTxMaTTXxX"]

Lach0121

and i totally disagree, but i tell you now, we would just end up arguing all night because i promise you, you would fold quicker than i especially on the subject of music. so as to be fair to each their own.

No matter how much of a 'musician' you are, you cannot deny that GTA (since GTA III) has had the best selection of music in video games. It doesn't matter how much 'underground metal' it has - that totaly would not fit with this game. To say it's not had a good selection of music is just plain blind-sighted (or deaf-sighted?) beause it includes genre's you are not a fan of.

Lach0121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Lach0121
[QUOTE="Lach0121"][QUOTE="XxXFaTTxMaTTXxX"]

kieran88

No matter how much of a 'musician' you are, you cannot deny that GTA (since GTA III) has had the best selection of music in video games. It doesn't matter how much 'underground metal' it has - that totaly would not fit with this game. To say it's not had a good selection of music is just plain blind-sighted (or deaf-sighted?) beause it includes genre's you are not a fan of.

lol i should say the same to you, labelling it the best music in any videogame since gta3 i believe is the exact phrase you said, no some of the tracks are decent but to say that it has the best or even a good soundtrack is all a matter of opinion, i prefer halo's soundtrack over it more, i prefer, mass effects, blue dragon, lost odyssey, and those are after gta3, and to say whatever type of music wouldnt fit the game is also just another opinion. cause i could say the same bout all that rap, or hiphop or whatever youwant to genre-lize it to be. your entire post is hypocritical, to say that im deaf for not liking the soundtrack of a game you do, then turn right around and say that im deaf for not liking the particular genre's in it.... you people when you try to talk about music, hardly know what it is.. so i do deny that gta since gta3 has had the best selection of music in videogames..... dont like it sue me,... and until you are actually in the music world, making it, or composing it, or writing it, or even freaking playing covers, you do not have a bit of a real understanding of music. peace
kieran88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 kieran88
[QUOTE="kieran88"][QUOTE="Lach0121"][QUOTE="XxXFaTTxMaTTXxX"]

Lach0121

lol i should say the same to you, labelling it the best music in any videogame since gta3 i believe is the exact phrase you said, no some of the tracks are decent but to say that it has the best or even a good soundtrack is all a matter of opinion, i prefer halo's soundtrack over it more, i prefer, mass effects, blue dragon, lost odyssey, and those are after gta3, and to say whatever type of music wouldnt fit the game is also just another opinion. cause i could say the same bout all that rap, or hiphop or whatever youwant to genre-lize it to be. your entire post is hypocritical, to say that im deaf for not liking the soundtrack of a game you do, then turn right around and say that im deaf for not liking the particular genre's in it.... you people when you try to talk about music, hardly know what it is.. so i do deny that gta since gta3 has had the best selection of music in videogames..... dont like it sue me,... and until you are actually in the music world, making it, or composing it, or writing it, or even freaking playing covers, you do not have a bit of a real understanding of music. peace

I never said you were deaf for not liking the music in it, i was saying you seem to just be spouting opinions as fact because it's a different type of music from your prefference. GTA has had some of the best music in video games, and I dont like rap either, but it set up the mood for san andreas, it's called design. As for certain music styles not fitting being opinion, it's more or less a massive design issue mate. To say I have no understanding of music because you presume i'm not involved in the music industry is just plain stupid man, seriously :P You might want to read my post a little better before thinking i'm attacking you for something :P

Anyway, I can tell you're the type to argue this to the grave, and to be honest, I couldn't care less about your opinions. Try and look at games for more than just a lack of metal ¬_¬ laters.

(for the record I used to be a huge dreamtheater fan)

kerrbee64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 kerrbee64
Member since 2008 • 32 Posts

Holy moley

Bring out the handbags!

Lach0121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Lach0121
[QUOTE="Lach0121"][QUOTE="kieran88"][QUOTE="Lach0121"][QUOTE="XxXFaTTxMaTTXxX"]

kieran88

I never said you were deaf for not liking the music in it, i was saying you seem to just be spouting opinions as fact because it's a different type of music from your prefference. GTA has had some of the best music in video games, and I dont like rap either, but it set up the mood for san andreas, it's called design. As for certain music styles not fitting being opinion, it's more or less a massive design issue mate. To say I have no understanding of music because you presume i'm not involved in the music industry is just plain stupid man, seriously :P You might want to read my post a little better before thinking i'm attacking you for something :P

Anyway, I can tell you're the type to argue this to the grave, and to be honest, I couldn't care less about your opinions. Try and look at games for more than just a lack of metal ¬_¬ laters.

(for the record I used to be a huge dreamtheater fan)

you say i must not read your post as you obviously dont read mine, metal has nothing to do with it. my friend. and you said and i quote "To say it's not had a good selection of music is just plain blind-sighted (or deaf-sighted?) beause it includes genre's you are not a fan of." secondly what i said about being a musician and not is fact not opinion, although you may or maynot be, if u are then u understand the statement if not then you will argue in the audiences defense... and because you say gta has some of the best music selection in videogames, does not make it true, no matter what arguement you come at, and yes i will argue this to the ground because music is very sacred to me, and most just sh** all over it with their ignorance.