Am I the only one who doesn't like Halo?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ICantGetNo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 ICantGetNo
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
OK, this is a bit controversial so please, no flaming. I'm nervously awaiting H4. The Halo series has never stuck with me. I've played them all except the recent Anniversary Edition and had some good fun playing multiplayer with friends over the years. The visuals have improved (esp. Reach) but I don't find it very engaging and a bit boring compared to other FPS's. They all feel too artificial. I think it's a combination of the movement (static/level camera, no recoil, float, constant speed), and visuals (especially anything inside or on buildings). Some of the outside environments are ok. It all feels like it's running on the Quake engine. I much prefer the look, feel and action of other FPS's like BF, COD (any), etc. For an exclusive franchise I'd have expected more. As a comparison Gears (exclusive, though not FPS) is a stand-out - very well done. I don't see much changing with Halo 4. Obviously they're not going to change things dramatically so I don't think it will be for me. This might be the first that I don't buy (or perhaps wait to pick it up used). I'm hoping that after H4 the team will move on to something quite fresh.
3dfd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#2 3dfd
Member since 2008 • 767 Posts

I like Bungie. Won't be buying Halo 4, as I didn't buy Anniversary.

Yoshi9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#3 Yoshi9000
Member since 2010 • 479 Posts

I guess halo just isnt your taste. The movements and graphics are unrealistic but thats fine with me, I like how Bungie has focused more on other things, like story, level design, lots of multiplayer options and forge. I cant tell you how much fun it is to play on custom games with other people on forged maps.

But to answer your question, my friend plays xbox and they dont like halo.

BzForza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 BzForza
Halo 3 and the original Halo are the only 2 that I love. The others, not for me.
NeonNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 115

#5 NeonNinja
Member since 2005 • 17318 Posts

I love Halo. It's one of my favorites. But I certainly don't expect everyone to love the same game. I don't see why you're afraid of being flamed. It's just not something you enjoy. No big deal.

EDIT- On the other hand I hate Gears of War.

Masenkoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#6 Masenkoe
Member since 2007 • 4897 Posts

It's ok OP I've never been a fan of Halo and a lot of people I know hate me for it. Literally they get mad that I don't like Halo.

People need to get mad about things that matter not freaking Halo. Who cares??

tribalTox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 tribalTox
Member since 2006 • 803 Posts

I'm not the biggest fan of Halo and I have Halo 3 and Reach(I only have Reach because it came with the xbox bundle I got). With saying that, Halo:Reach is the only game I play online. There is just something about playing it online that I find fun and entertaining. I don't play the single player story driven game but I know someday I'll get bored and play it.

k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#8 k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts
umm. if i remember right there is like 3-4x more consoles sold then the game. so clearly your not. Also WE ALL know that everyone dose not like the same type of games. With that said i hate these types of topics
HavocV3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 HavocV3
Member since 2009 • 8068 Posts

It's ok OP I've never been a fan of Halo and a lot of people I know hate me for it. Literally they get mad that I don't like Halo.

People need to get mad about things that matter not freaking Halo. Who cares??

Masenkoe

you don't have to make things up to prove a point.

RoslindaleOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 RoslindaleOne
Member since 2006 • 7566 Posts

No it's fine, but please don't act like you're the only one, though. I see a lot of people not liking and or hating Halo. A shame, I think most do it out of spite.

rgsniper1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 rgsniper1
Member since 2003 • 9398 Posts

I have bought them all except the last re-release, solved them all and then quickly forgot them all. Single player I find mostly fun, but the online multi-player just isn't my thing. Bottom line is that they are just something to play but i'm not crazy about them.

BoristheBlade1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 BoristheBlade1
Member since 2012 • 94 Posts

I had the most fun with Halo 3. You either love Halo games or you hate them. Thats it..

Hokusai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Hokusai
Member since 2003 • 162 Posts

I enjoyed them all thoroughly.

The sp portions were really replayable for me as well as the mp.

Years of fun.

a55a55inx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#14 a55a55inx
Member since 2004 • 4188 Posts
You're not alone, but I have to ask; when did you play your first Halo game?...Most of the hype came from the first 2 Halo games (when there was a lack of solid FPS games) and Halo stood out as the best console FPS series... games have evolved since then, and it's harder for Halo to stand out, when you compare it to today's games.
Masenkoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#15 Masenkoe
Member since 2007 • 4897 Posts

No it's fine, but please don't act like you're the only one, though. I see a lot of people not liking and or hating Halo. A shame, I think most do it out of spite.

RoslindaleOne

I don't think it's spite lol, I think some people just don't like it.

RoslindaleOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 RoslindaleOne
Member since 2006 • 7566 Posts

[QUOTE="RoslindaleOne"]

Masenkoe

I don't think it's spite lol, I think some people just don't like it.

And So they don't like it. Then there are people who don't like it because it's popular or if someone is raving about how much they like it.

LovePotionNo9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 LovePotionNo9
Member since 2010 • 4751 Posts
I know you aren't the only person that doesn't like Halo because I don't. So there's two already. And there are plenty of others that don't like the game. Wouldn't worry about it. It's one series among many out there.
ICantGetNo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 ICantGetNo
You're not alone, but I have to ask; when did you play your first Halo game?...a55a55inx
I got my original Xbox mid 2002 and Halo CE a couple of weeks later. And I understand that I'm not the _only_ one who isn't a Halo fan but I feel pressured to like it because of all the talk it gets. Made me wonder how much of an outcast I was... so I'm glad there are a few others here who feel the same. Still, I'll keep an eye and ear on the H4 release. I haven't given up totally yet :)
wii60_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#19 wii60_3
Member since 2007 • 2017 Posts
Halo is the premier shooter, and has more potential than any generic fps u see these days, i hope they stop milking the series with games like anniversary and odst because that is gonna kill a fanbase
Sophette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Sophette
Member since 2005 • 521 Posts
I've always found it particularly boring, but then again, I'm not a fan of first person shooters anyway. I don't "hate" it, I just don't like FPS games and I tried to forced myself to like it when we played it after class a few times and it just wasn't happening.
vtbob88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 vtbob88
Member since 2007 • 638 Posts

I have only really spent time with Reach and the campaign was alright, but I find the multiplayer to be more fun than most shooters.

Vari3ty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Vari3ty
Member since 2009 • 11111 Posts

I've never liked Halo. I've always just liked COD better.

Avatar image for PinnacleGamingP
PinnacleGamingP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 PinnacleGamingP
Member since 2012 • 5120 Posts
Halo is garbage. try playing killzone 3 and resistance 2, 3, you will never touch halo again
driftingsilvia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 driftingsilvia
Member since 2005 • 4089 Posts

Yeah I don't like Halo either. If I'm playing a fps, I'd rather kill people instead of aliens. As bad as that sounds lol

FeiYenKen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#25 FeiYenKen
Member since 2010 • 247 Posts

I do like Halo i own Halo 3, Halo 2, Halo CE(not anniversary) and Halo 3 ODST, i don't like Halo Reach cause it doesn't make sense(the features they added, WTF) And btw most of the Halo games are just the same very year like COD, and i don't play Halo that much cuz im addicted to TF2 on the 360.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#26 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

I only liked the first two halos.

Darksonic666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

#27 Darksonic666
Member since 2009 • 3482 Posts

I personally love the Halo series since Halo:CE was what really what got me into gaming and have played and own every single game in the series except Halo Wars since I hate RTS. But everyone has there own opinions so if you don't like it then you don't like it theres nothing to feel bad or anything about you just don't for what ever reason like it.

cdragon_88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 cdragon_88
Member since 2003 • 1841 Posts

No your not but is it really necessary to ask? ;) I use to play halo 2 on with friends all the time with system link but overall I thought the games were pretty damn good but not as great as everyone said that it was. Would never buy a halo game. I did with reach and sold it a week later--wasn't too fun without friends as they all had a ps3.

Avatar image for Residentevil999
Residentevil999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Residentevil999
Member since 2005 • 948 Posts

I've never been a fan of the Halo series. I DID enjoy Halo: Reach for the story. But other then that, I could never get into them.

tjricardo089

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 tjricardo089
Member since 2010 • 7429 Posts

Then why do you own a 360?

I kid.

almossbb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 almossbb
Member since 2008 • 1979 Posts

i like halo, alittle more than other FPS games. im really not the FPS fan because i get bored of them (like MW3 which i havent played for a month now) and because i feel they are downgrading with every release. halo still has a great single player, proper coop play, great online, etc. so ya im not a diehard halo fan, but if i want to play an FPS id turn to halo.

almossbb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 almossbb
Member since 2008 • 1979 Posts

Halo is garbage. try playing killzone 3 and resistance 2, 3, you will never touch halo againPinnacleGamingP

well, im not too sure about that. both KZ3 and Resistance games have ok stories, halo is abit better. also the fact that halo still has coop play in the story mode and great MP options makes me like it more.

Avatar image for PinnacleGamingP
PinnacleGamingP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 PinnacleGamingP
Member since 2012 • 5120 Posts

[QUOTE="PinnacleGamingP"]Halo is garbage. try playing killzone 3 and resistance 2, 3, you will never touch halo againalmossbb

well, im not too sure about that. both KZ3 and Resistance games have ok stories, halo is abit better. also the fact that halo still has coop play in the story mode and great MP options makes me like it more.

resistance has story coop too, and KZ has way better online
xgraderx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 xgraderx
Member since 2008 • 2395 Posts

^ Do you even own a 360?

Heroldp813

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Heroldp813
Member since 2008 • 2103 Posts

[QUOTE="almossbb"]

[QUOTE="PinnacleGamingP"]Halo is garbage. try playing killzone 3 and resistance 2, 3, you will never touch halo againPinnacleGamingP

resistance has story coop too, and KZ has way better online

You're a long way from home Moo Moo.

Avatar image for Cyanide4Suicid3
Cyanide4Suicid3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Cyanide4Suicid3
Member since 2012 • 733 Posts
I dont really care for Halo, so youre not the only one.
pizzagod17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 pizzagod17
IDK.... I'm hooked on Reach. Love playing multiplayer. The story line was pretty good as well.
labeans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#38 labeans
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

Lol, if this was on Bungie.net the first response would be "You're probably a terribad BK with a 0.5kd, go play COD"

Personally, I would possibly slip into a state of depression if I am unable to play halo for a long period of time(probably not), it's pretty much the only game I play. Regardless, I have friends that don't like it at all and there's absolutely nothing wrong with that.(what would be wrong would be to say that on average COD takes more skill than halo....lol jk iccl)

YoungSinatra25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#39 YoungSinatra25
Member since 2009 • 4314 Posts

I have an odd relationship with Halo this gen. I love the IP, but I hate it's gameplay. I'd literally rather play most any other FPS MP then Halo's MPthis gen. Halo feels soooo dated. It's just not what I nor anyone I know wants to play.

Hope 343i/Halo 4 makes it a bit more exciting to be a super soldier. Crysis 2 did a better job...even though the rest of the game fell short it's worth mentioning.

BiThBhE0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 BiThBhE0
Member since 2008 • 1643 Posts
I never cared for the series. I got Halo 3 for christmas one year and didn't enjoy it at all. Then decided to give it another chance when I got Reach for free when I joined the dashboard beta and still didn't like it. Just felt like a chore to finish the story and multiplayer never sucked me in. It's just not for me.
Avatar image for ToxicGarbageMan
ToxicGarbageMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 ToxicGarbageMan
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts

Halo is the premier shooter, and has more potential than any generic fps u see these days, i hope they stop milking the series with games like anniversary and odst because that is gonna kill a fanbasewii60_3

There's no way in hell Halo is the premier shooter. It's a bunch of morons jumping around taking pot shots at eachother trying to stay alive. You shoot someone in the head 6 times with a battle rifle before they die, and you don't get to choose your weapons at all. If anything it's the old gamers home for people who can't handle speed and reflex of CoD or the tactical variety that Battlefield has to offer.

The campaigns were bad ass until 3, and then it became a retarded soap opera.

If anything, Halo is the generic FPS you see these days.

akdiuuuryttt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 akdiuuuryttt
Member since 2005 • 2854 Posts

no offense to anyone who does not like halo but most "halo haters" are just noobs who dont like games like classic arena style shooters. they need aim down the sights and 3 shot kills with machine guns to have fun. halo is different and thats why its fun

for example: the user above me! lol

people who hate on halo for being "outdated" will probably never like any game that has classic type gameplay. thats not the games fault that is just the users problem. so GTFO

iamc3ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 iamc3ll
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
Reach blows. Nuffff
lilasianwonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 lilasianwonder
Member since 2007 • 5982 Posts
I like it well enough but not to the extreme some of their fanboys take it.
tightlinetv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 tightlinetv
I like it well enough but not to the extreme some of their fanboys take it.lilasianwonder
Haha I know right?
kitchenwindow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#46 kitchenwindow
Member since 2009 • 238 Posts

Nope, I don't care for it either.

Yams1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#47 Yams1980
Member since 2006 • 2862 Posts

OK, this is a bit controversial so please, no flaming. I'm nervously awaiting H4. .ICantGetNo

If you don't like Halo, why are you waiting for it?

For me personally, I loved the first Halo since it was a xbox launch title which I had fun playing way way back... but its been a downward drop of interest for me since then. Halo 2 kinda lost me completely after that, and the rest has been a let down.

I would have a lot more interest in Halo 4 if it was going to be a next gen Xbox launch title. Knowing it will use dated 2005 technology really doesn't excite me at all. Plus if it was a next gen title, that would give more time to make them game that much better.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#48 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

I only like the first Halo game.