All of those against the avatar system

This topic is locked from further discussion.

wildcat37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1 wildcat37
Member since 2007 • 127 Posts

Hate the avatars, they will all look the same and don't really "express yourself" as microsoft intended them to as well as a simple picture, besides i already have a wii and think the miis are already annoying (having to see that little **** in every game is irritating

rustedMECH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 rustedMECH
Member since 2006 • 910 Posts
I also hate the whole idea and so do all of my friends.
jackelzx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 jackelzx
Member since 2008 • 820 Posts

you pay for gamer pics and themes, and know we are getting ripped off.

and theses stupid cartoony people are replacing them.

i would like my points back if they do get ridd of the gamer pics

Vexx88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

#4 Vexx88
Member since 2006 • 33342 Posts
I mean I wasted....over 15 bucks in themes and pics. Actually probably more.
__carwreck__

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 __carwreck__
Member since 2006 • 676 Posts
it was a stoopid idea. everyones now gonna feel like a three year old girl trying to make their avatar look like themselves.
jackelzx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 jackelzx

if i wanted this type of stystem i would have got a wii

but i didn't i got a xbox 360 instead. its does look alot like the wii style

ronnet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 ronnet
Member since 2003 • 9637 Posts
Im not a fan myself, just like I didnt like Home and the Mii things. But its something Microsoft has to do, because for some reason people look at the PS3 and 360 and see similiar console but instead of looking at the exclusives they see Home and get a PS3. It doenst make much sense but there is a 10 year old audience on last gen consoles that is about to enter the current gen now that the prices dropped and theyll want avatars.
STONEMONSTER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 STONEMONSTER
Member since 2007 • 315 Posts

I Think its too early to tell how it will go over but they will have to do something to fix the money we have spent on custom pictures and so forth . who knows it might be good i think we get in a comfort zone and we dont want change but that is happening all around us i have trust that the live folks know what they are doing.

jackelzx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 jackelzx

Im not a fan myself, just like I didnt like Home and the Mii things. But its something Microsoft has to do, because for some reason people look at the PS3 and 360 and see similiar console but instead of looking at the exclusives they see Home and get a PS3. It doenst make much sense but there is a 10 year old audience on last gen consoles that is about to enter the current gen now that the prices dropped and theyll want avatars.ronnet

Ok i see your point and i do agree.

home is a big advantage for ps3 in my eyes. but i got a 360 because for the top games and the best rpgs on on it.

but is avatars the best come back they can think off?????

BoxFan86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 BoxFan86
Member since 2006 • 267 Posts

people that spent money on gamerpics should get the same thing with these new avatars-

they shouldnt lose the things they bought just cuz microsoft decided to change the whole system

-anyway, i could care less about the avatars , im in it for the games-Fallout 3, Final Fantasy 13 and others are coming out for the 360

:)

Vexx88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Vexx88
Can you take off the avatars like switch between Gamerpics and the Avatars?
BoxFan86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 BoxFan86

[QUOTE="ronnet"]Im not a fan myself, just like I didnt like Home and the Mii things. But its something Microsoft has to do, because for some reason people look at the PS3 and 360 and see similiar console but instead of looking at the exclusives they see Home and get a PS3. It doenst make much sense but there is a 10 year old audience on last gen consoles that is about to enter the current gen now that the prices dropped and theyll want avatars.jackelzx

Ok i see your point and i do agree.

home is a big advantage for ps3 in my eyes. but i got a 360 because for the top games and the best rpgs on on it.

but is avatars the best come back they can think off?????

the only big game that sony announced was god of war 3, everything else was blah

why i chose the 360 too-great games, microsoft continues to roll them out.

BoxFan86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 BoxFan86

Can you take off the avatars like switch between Gamerpics and the Avatars?Vexx88

i doubt it-since microsoft is forcing their new avatars on us this fall

jackelzx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 jackelzx

god of war 3 will problerly be the best ps3 as to offer with mgs4,

but why are ms trying to get the realy young audiance in? i get tick off listning to squecky voices when playing gow

it going to be even worse.

--MAV3R1CK--

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#16 --MAV3R1CK--
Member since 2006 • 9346 Posts
I'm actually with it. Its good to see this kind of new thing. Sometimes change is good for people and sometimes its not. Its on your opinion whether or not you like it, but its something that MS is testing out.
ronnet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#17 ronnet
Member since 2003 • 9637 Posts

god of war 3 will problerly be the best ps3 as to offer with mgs4,

but why are ms trying to get the realy young audiance in? i get tick off listning to squecky voices when playing gow

it going to be even worse.

jackelzx

Because there are a lot of them, if Microsoft doesnt act then its easily 20 million more units sold for PS3. Numbers dont mean much, just look at the Wii, many consoles sold but few games. But console sales is what people are going to look at since numbers speak for themselves. Just look at the 1 billion downloads versus 180 million that Sony showed today, if someone is looking for an download console then theyll come to 360.

Avatars arent as deep as Home but it's too late to make something that beats Home, they just need something they can improve on later. I'll make use of it, use cloths from my favorite games because its not a very time consuming thing to do. With that in mind its not like Home, 360 is all about games and the avatar is just to express that.

Livewirez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Livewirez
Member since 2006 • 597 Posts
But what exactly does home have that the new avatars won't? Ok the avatars are much simpler visually, but they've been incorporated with the dashboard so that you never have to leave the dashboard and go into some added program, it's all there from the get go. I think people are missing the point really, they avatars are merely representations of your friends in a party when your joining games and chatting to each other. You can play arcade games, watch movies with each other. If these features were added to the current dashboard as somethings more to the list, they wouldn't have any visual flair, they'd be invisible to people who havn't bought a 360 yet. But when someone sees an xbox switched on, they'll immediately pick up on the avatar and your friends as characters in the scene. Another thing, those gamer pics and themes you bought, you can only use one at a time. Do you usually switch between them or do you just buy the latest pics and themes for a new game being released? Because a brand new interface that's fresh and faster is somthing that i'd welcome, i think once the update is released everyone is just going to forgot about gamer pics and themes when they're playing gears 2, or fable or any of the other new games. Didn't microsoft mention that you'll be able to unlock stuff for your avatars through games anyway so it's not like you HAVE to pay for your avatar?
Toriko42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#19 Toriko42
Member since 2006 • 27562 Posts
I don't mind it, I'll make one
jackelzx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 jackelzx

well theres not much i can do about, just wait and hope i like it when it comes out.

psistarman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 psistarman
Member since 2008 • 144 Posts
i do recall someone saying in an older topic about this that gamer pics will still be able to be used. you don't HAVE to use an avatar.
80bb1t1042

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 80bb1t1042
Member since 2007 • 675 Posts

i have to agree with many of you that the avatars seem childish.

also too be honest i feel rather shafted.

the reason being i have bought quite a few themes because i always change my mind of what i want the dashboard i must have spent around 800-1000 points on themes and gamerpics and now its all going down the toilet.

and its not only the avatars that are annoying me its just the general look of the new dashboard, i think it looks slightly like the ps3s dashboard thingy. and all these new features are just mind boggling, some of them are cool but i dont like all this "every moment will be shared" or whatever it was they said.

i dont really understand why they need to change it? its fine as it currently is, its good looking customisable and easy to use imo but the new one look complicated.

i might post some more later after ive watched the dreaded announcment again

Vexx88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Vexx88
Thats one reason why I hope they give a refund.
BLAS1AN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 BLAS1AN
Member since 2003 • 3508 Posts
the avatars are ridiculously stupid. the average gamer is 30 something. im sick of microsoft copying the competition
xX-General-Xx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 xX-General-Xx
Member since 2008 • 83 Posts
Well, even though I like it myself. I hope theres a option on whether or not want to use it or not. That would be awesome.
jackelzx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 jackelzx

if they do get rid of the gamer pics

i will be expecting a refund.

even if its just the mspoints i want something back.

Phitin_Phils

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#28 Phitin_Phils
Member since 2007 • 614 Posts

Im pretty dissapointed with the new avatars. The only way I could think of it being unique and cool would be to give out special items with every game you buy. For example, say you buy Gears2. You could get special Gears 2 shirts or logos for your little dude.

It really should be that the avatars are more life like, as the Home guys are. The fact that they are too Mii-like is annoying to me. Doesn't fit the 360 much at all.

BLAS1AN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 BLAS1AN
i dont think the gamerpics you bought can still be used. from the looks of the demonstraion your stupid avatar shows up in every menu and when you want to chat or invite freinds you see there stupid avatar. hope im wrong
Avatar image for torontomapleafs
torontomapleafs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 torontomapleafs
Member since 2006 • 2019 Posts
You people need to give it a chance. It5 hasn't even come out yet and your all complaining.
BLAS1AN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 BLAS1AN

You people need to give it a chance. It5 hasn't even come out yet and your all complaining.torontomapleafs

well im hoping MS gets enough complaints so we can keep our same gamerpics, lol

what dude wants to dress there avatars up? everyone is going to make the dumbest looking one
limpbizkit818

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 limpbizkit818
Member since 2004 • 15044 Posts

Ok guys, this is from Kotaku:

The gamerpics and themes you downloaded will work with NXE. And while we didn't get to see it in action, Marc Whitten swears they look "beautiful" on the new interface.

WillieBeamish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 WillieBeamish
Member since 2008 • 1289 Posts
Awesome! all the 12 year olds on here complaining about the avatars will hopefully sell their 360's and leave it for the big boys.. It will be refreshing to not hear you kids hurling racial slurs and screaming.
Avatar image for TheGodfather125
TheGodfather125

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 TheGodfather125
Member since 2007 • 441 Posts
WHy couldn't they do avatars that are actually realistic looking? I mean 360 has the power to show 8 realistic people on screen (duh) so why go and make it all cartoony and Wii like?
bluezy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#35 bluezy
Member since 2004 • 29297 Posts
I'm not a big fan, but i understand that we'll have the option of switching to avatars.
ThugKing6669

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 ThugKing6669
Member since 2008 • 725 Posts
Luckily the only gamerpics and themes I have are the free ones. But are the gamerpics going to for real be useless after this update? I figured themes would still be good to go (not sure necessarily how), but I don't want to lose my joker pic.
p00phead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 p00phead
Member since 2007 • 1203 Posts

it's not original thats one thing looks to much like the ones on the wii