a quick question about dead rising...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for Millennium_King
Millennium_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Millennium_King
Member since 2006 • 4362 Posts
i read somewhere that if i skip the scoop missions on my first play through the game will be a lot more fun and easy my second time through because of the leveling up. is this true?
beaudman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 beaudman
Member since 2002 • 465 Posts

Your level always transfers over to your next save. You don't need to skip anything for that to happen. So if you're level 10 with your first playthrough, then the next time you start a game, you will start at level 10.

Hope that helps.

Avatar image for Millennium_King
Millennium_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Millennium_King
Member since 2006 • 4362 Posts
what i mean is should i skip the missions otis gives me on my first game? i don't wanna get stuck.
beaudman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 beaudman
 I have never completed that first mission, so you won't get stuck. It's not part of the main story. But I don't see how it would affect the second playthrough. Can you please give me a link to where ever you read that from?
beaudman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 beaudman
Oh, sorry. I didn't notice you said missions, I thought you said mission. Even if you skip everything otis asks you to do, you won't get stuck. But you should do them anyway, because they're a big part of the game, and you'll be missing out if you skip them.
Marko_Ragnos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 Marko_Ragnos
Member since 2004 • 209 Posts
omg beaudman what are you talking about... I found that yes first time you play through just mess around killing zombies having fun get one of the crap endings and on your second play through you will find all the scoop missions a LOT easier.
DJCaccy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#7 DJCaccy
Member since 2006 • 43 Posts
I think you're getting confused between Scoops and the story missions (I forget what they're called, but its something different). My first time through I stuck to the main story missions and focused on those, ignoring all but one or two scoops, when I had a lot of time to do them. Playing the game this way I've levelled up to level 21 on my first play through.
I haven't started playing again yet, because I'm playing the overtime mode, but when I play through again I will do the exact opposite, doing all the scoops and ignoring the story missions. My advice would be to do something similar.
AzelKosMos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

#8 AzelKosMos
Member since 2005 • 34194 Posts
Yeah it's true. Just do what you feel like to level up, then when you play through again to follow the main story, it's much easier.
XL70

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 XL70
Member since 2004 • 1196 Posts
i read somewhere that if i skip the scoop missions on my first play through the game will be a lot more fun and easy my second time through because of the leveling up. is this true? Millennium_King
Absolutely true.