A Free Arcade game thats it?

• 126 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

sliker2525

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 sliker2525
Member since 2004 • 157 Posts
Seriously I have heard alot about Call of Duty 4 servers going down , but have you guys tried Gears of War lately? It is so bad you cannot even host a match hardly . Seriously microsoft throwing some crap arcade game in our face for free is not the answer . Why not a free month of live? Or perhaps even better , 1600 microsoft points. Seriously this issue is beyond small . I would rather them shut down the servers till the problem is fixed than toy with them while were trying to play Live on our breaks. I mean the psn is free an they manage there servers just fine . How in the heck does 50 dollars a year from 8 million people not give you enough power to have enough servers ? This is all just riddiculus you cannot sign into messegner 9 times outta 10 . We are getting maybe 2 hours of Live avaliable . The rest is just utter crap with laggy servers and random dropouts. It takes about 10 seconds for me to private chat and invite people now. Fix This! , Shut it down , Or Die Microsoft!
Strider_91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 Strider_91
Member since 2007 • 6570 Posts

Clearly PSN doesn't get as many people signing up to it as Xbox live, for clear reasons, so microsoft are understandably under alot of pressure. And the fact everyone still piles on live expecting there rank and things to go up?

You making more work for microsoft and expect it to be repaired faster? I think anything they give us is fine.

Zemus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 Zemus
Member since 2003 • 9304 Posts

They really don't owe us anything, its good enough we are getting SOMETHING. but don't start to demand more. the first screw up in 5 years is some sort of World Record for Service because Live is Unmatched when compared to any other online service thats free.

A free month of live? isn;t that like 500pts? the average arcade game is like 4-800pts. more than fair.

Millions of Subscribers are reasons enough to prove Live Works. 1 Screw up and the entire world demands compensation. But really thats just typical or our society. We want everything free eventhough we prove to the corporate world were willing to shell out the credit card anyway despite what comes out of our mouths.

If you really mean what you say QUIT LIVE AND NEVER COME BACK.

But we all know YOU WONT because every other online service is a laughable Joke compared to live.

Strider_91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Strider_91

They really don't owe us anything, its good enough we are getting SOMETHING. but don't start to demand more. the first screw up in 5 years is some sort of World Record for Service because Live is Unmatched when compared to any other online service thats free.

A free month of live? isn;t that like 500pts? the average arcade game is like 4-800pts. more than fair.

Millions of Subscribers are reasons enough to prove Live Works. 1 Screw up and the entire world demands compensation. But really thats just typical or our society. We want everything free eventhough we prove to the corporate world were willing to shell out the credit card anyway despite what comes out of our mouths.

But we all know YOU WONT because every other online service is a laughable Joke compared to live.

Zemus

Completely agree

Decko5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Decko5
Member since 2004 • 9428 Posts
calm down.
zael99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 zael99
Member since 2005 • 369 Posts
Think about it. A week of Live would end up costing around 150 MS Points. An XBLA game costs 400-800. Which one would you rather have?
dejo256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 dejo256
Member since 2005 • 2580 Posts

Zemus

Well when you get the worst arcade game i know you will be pissed off even if its 800 points. However if they give us a choice of free arcade game of our choice im cool with that. But i gurantee you they will choose the game and it will be the worst one.

DrowningFish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#9 DrowningFish
Member since 2005 • 2444 Posts

Why do people keep defending Microsoft? ****ing fanboys, get a life.

People pay for a service so they are entitled to EXPECT it to work.

ParadiseAwaits
So when the power goes out, do you sue the power company?
dejo256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 dejo256
[QUOTE="ParadiseAwaits"]

drowningfish999

You idiot you get charged for what you have spent. If you were paying power company upfront then you would make sense.

Strider_91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Strider_91
[QUOTE="ParadiseAwaits"]

drowningfish999

Haha too true man, too true

Strider_91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Strider_91

If you people are getting angry over this problem, first i might add, then don't bother playing live. :)

Then you don't have to 'waste' your money :)

dejo256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 dejo256

ParadiseAwaits

I keep asking myself the same question i know if i wouldnt be defending no matter what system i had.

Zauster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Zauster
Member since 2003 • 158 Posts

ParadiseAwaits

we can all tell who you like judging from your misinterpretation of Halo 3 come back to the forums when you have something insightful and well decent to say. and besides it really hasnt bothered me that Live has been down. Sure it was annoying a few times but all in all its what happens with networks. I didnt expect compensation from them because it hasnt been terrible and anything is better than something. Also with the PS network that is a joke you get what you pay for. less demos less arcade type games less things over all oh yeah and LESS people which will make any server run half way decent.

J_Hook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 J_Hook
Member since 2006 • 126 Posts

As long as the game is NOT on Xbox Live Arcade Unplugged.

I was planning on buying it.

dejo256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 dejo256
[QUOTE="ParadiseAwaits"]

Zauster

we can all tell who you like judging from your misinterpretation of Halo 3 come back to the forums when you have something insightful and well decent to say. and besides it really hasnt bothered me that Live has been down. Sure it was annoying a few times but all in all its what happens with networks. I didnt expect compensation from them because it hasnt been terrible and anything is better than something. Also with the PS network that is a joke you get what you pay for. less demos less arcade type games less things over all oh yeah and LESS people which will make any server run half way decent.

What i tought that Halo 3 was a huge disapointment, thats just my personal opinion. Also i dont own a ps3 and i dont know how is psn but i know game server quality was matched in ps2 against xbox and that is all that matters to me. However having friend list and all that is just a good bonus.

6constantine9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 6constantine9
Member since 2007 • 322 Posts
It's getting really annoying. All I managed to get out of my holidays in Live were 2 Halo 3 matches. Besides that, Live never worked.
dejo256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 dejo256

As long as the game is NOT on Xbox Live Arcade Unplugged.

I was planning on buying it.

J_Hook

It will probably be the worst selling arcade game.

Zemus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Zemus
Member since 2003 • 9304 Posts
[QUOTE="Zemus"]

dejo256

Well when you get the worst arcade game i know you will be pissed off even if its 800 points. However if they give us a choice of free arcade game of our choice im cool with that. But i gurantee you they will choose the game and it will be the worst one.

Ill be the first to admit I probably wont even download whatever free game it is, I really dont care. I don't expect MS to give me anything, ok fine they are giving us a free game. I already know I wont play it.

I just laugh everytime I see someone say this is BS or they are quitting Live over it, then complain even when they are being given compensation.

We all know every single person threatening to quit live WON'T there is no other online service on the consoles that can even remotely rival Live. These people whining will be the first ones online as soon as they are up today and then again the first ones back here as soon as it screws up tonight complaining because they have nothing better to do. The cycle will repeat itself. They already know damn well they arn't leaving, they are just trying to strike up a conversation to pass the time by Trolling

dejo256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 dejo256
[QUOTE="dejo256"][QUOTE="Zemus"]

Zemus

Ill be the first to admit I probably wont even download whatever free game it is, I really dont care. I don't expect MS to give me anything, ok fine they are giving us a free game. I already know I wont play it.

I just laugh everytime I see someone say this is BS or they are quitting Live over it, then complain even when they are being given compensation.

We all know every single person threatening to quit live WON'T there is no other online service on the consoles that can even remotely rival Live. These people whining will be the first ones online as soon as they are up today and then again the first ones back here as soon as it screws up tonight complaining because they have nothing better to do. The cycle will repeat itself. They already know damn well they arn't leaving, they are just trying to strike up a conversation to pass the time by Trolling

I know that not all people will leave however if it does cointinue like this i know i will be out, selling my 360 and going on from there.

ajeff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 ajeff
Member since 2008 • 38 Posts
sorry but if you don't think we should be compensated, people who had rare free time to play over the hollidays for a service we pay for, you're pretty delusional.
Madbhal402

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#22 Madbhal402
Member since 2008 • 612 Posts
nobody say psn is better because it only has 2 million people signed up for it. Live has 9 million signed up for it so of course is gonna server problems. But 1600 microsoft points would be awesome.:D
azorath44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 azorath44
Member since 2005 • 328 Posts

wow technology always has issuses nothing new, so don't whine (unless u have nother better to do than game all the time then go ahead)if your so smart mybe u should fix it,

as for a free arcade game sweet considering they didn't have to offer us anything

Trogeton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#24 Trogeton
Member since 2005 • 2776 Posts
HAHA.. sounds like microsoft bit off more than they can chew..LOL
ParadiseAwaits

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 ParadiseAwaits
Member since 2007 • 1410 Posts

wow technology always has issuses nothing new, so don't whine (unless u have nother better to do than game all the time then go ahead)if your so smart mybe u should fix it,

as for a free arcade game sweet considering they didn't have to offer us anything

azorath44

Maybe some people work 6 days a week and the one day they have off to play on LIVE, it does NOT work.

However people like you who are fanboys for Microsoft will defend the 360 and LIVE to the bitter end regardless of how many problems it has.

reject09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 reject09
Member since 2006 • 510 Posts
xbox live has so many players i could see where the system could get overloaded, but i agree that they should give out a little more than just one small arcade game.
dejo256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 dejo256
[QUOTE="azorath44"]

ParadiseAwaits

Maybe some people work 6 days a week and the one day they have off to play on LIVE, it does NOT work.

However people like you who are fanboys for Microsoft will defend the 360 and LIVE to the bitter end regardless of how many problems it has.

Well considering that im in school i got 2 weeks off for christmas break and i only got to play 2 days before XBL went down.

Strider_91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Strider_91
[QUOTE="azorath44"]

ParadiseAwaits

Where as people like you seem to bash on anything no matter hard it istrying to fix a problem. I've seen you around the forums before and you never have anything positive to say. Please complain to microsoft if you have problems, not us

soul45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#29 soul45
Member since 2003 • 26 Posts
this the frist big problem ms had if dont like it to bad S*** happens but i think halo was a huge failure there are other games
OfficialBed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 OfficialBed
Member since 2005 • 17668 Posts

Seriously I have heard alot about Call of Duty 4 servers going down , but have you guys tried Gears of War lately? It is so bad you cannot even host a match hardly . Seriously microsoft throwing some crap arcade game in our face for free is not the answer . Why not a free month of live? Or perhaps even better , 1600 microsoft points. Seriously this issue is beyond small . I would rather them shut down the servers till the problem is fixed than toy with them while were trying to play Live on our breaks. I mean the psn is free an they manage there servers just fine . How in the heck does 50 dollars a year from 8 million people not give you enough power to have enough servers ? This is all just riddiculus you cannot sign into messegner 9 times outta 10 . We are getting maybe 2 hours of Live avaliable . The rest is just utter crap with laggy servers and random dropouts. It takes about 10 seconds for me to private chat and invite people now. Fix This! , Shut it down , Or Die Microsoft!sliker2525

you want more than a game? lol...give me a break.....when your power goes out in a storm, do you expect some sort of gift from the electricity company?...time to grow up and realize what is and what isn't important

killerfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#31 killerfist
Member since 2005 • 20155 Posts

please people quit your whining. what use does it have for posting such Crp on gamespot. what can gamespot(or we in the forum) do about it?

if you wantto do something, call them up. or leave. and quit spamming the boards.

killerfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#32 killerfist
Member since 2005 • 20155 Posts

you want more than a game? lol...give me a break.....when your power goes out in a storm, do you expect some sort of gift from the electricity company?...time to grow up and realize what is and what isn't important

OfficialBed

agreed

jakjbt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#33 jakjbt
Member since 2006 • 275 Posts

well sorry to change the subject but what arcade game are we talkin bout?

anyway i nevr have any server problems and i live in ireland!

TigerFangRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 TigerFangRed
Member since 2005 • 1928 Posts
how do we get the arcade game? I'm just happy M$ is giving us something, they didn't have to. So how do we get the game?
dejo256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 dejo256
[QUOTE="OfficialBed"]

killerfist

agreed

Disagree because you sir pay for what you have used to electric company. You might then say ohh its only 50 bucks for a year well yea its nothing but i do get pissed of for them not fixing it sooner. I kno they are just waiting for kids to go back to school so they can fix it then. I wouldnt minded it if last week they took XBL off for whole day and just fixed it. But no they will just wait for school to start because its easier or they just might wait for next xbl update.

Soulja_West

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Soulja_West
Member since 2003 • 15084 Posts

Zemus

Yes they do. I've payed 50 dollars for a service that should work.

MarineXXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 MarineXXII
Member since 2007 • 1583 Posts
[QUOTE="Zemus"]

Soulja_West

u paid $50 for a year, that is a damn good deal, so stop whining

gamespotter69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 gamespotter69
Member since 2005 • 202 Posts
And you know the free arcade game is going to be and old has been or a new flop.
Soulja_West

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Soulja_West
Member since 2003 • 15084 Posts
[QUOTE="Soulja_West"][QUOTE="Zemus"]

MarineXXII

u paid $50 for a year, that is a damn good deal, so stop whining

I know $50 is a good deal. I never said it wasn't. Why put words in my mouth?

dejo256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 dejo256

And you know the free arcade game is going to be and old has been or a new flop.gamespotter69

its going to be the worst sold game

cort12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#41 cort12
Member since 2005 • 1488 Posts
[QUOTE="killerfist"][QUOTE="OfficialBed"]

dejo256

agreed

Disagree because you sir pay for what you have used to electric company. You might then say ohh its only 50 bucks for a year well yea its nothing but i do get pissed of for them not fixing it sooner. I kno they are just waiting for kids to go back to school so they can fix it then. I wouldnt minded it if last week they took XBL off for whole day and just fixed it. But no they will just wait for school to start because its easier or they just might wait for next xbl update.

ummmm kids went back to school january 2......

Avatar image for II-FBIsniper-II
II-FBIsniper-II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 II-FBIsniper-II
Member since 2005 • 18067 Posts

I haven't had any problems with XBL for a week now, I have no Idea what you're talking about.

A month of XBL=$3

An Arcade game=$4-8

You're complaining that $.75 worth of live has been not working, would you rather have 75 cents or an arcade game?

kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 kitty  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 115434 Posts

Well i'm not complaining becausei know that reguardless of what you invest money in, theres gonna be a flaw somewhere. Plus, with live being $50 bucks a year ($4 bucks a month).. it isnt so much much of a big deal if it messes up, every once and a while. But it seems everyone is going over board, over a problem that lasted a week. As long as we are getting something free out of the deal then there's really nothing to complain about.

Avatar image for forgetwatyahear
forgetwatyahear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 forgetwatyahear
Member since 2005 • 6260 Posts
I haven't had any problems with live only COD4 and we can all agree taht those servers are crappy(even though i played enough games to complete 2 weapons challenges) but i went and played C&C 3 just fine. Game informer has said taht MS is going to give us Carcassonne and for people who have been with it since the start it will give 500Mp. I don't know if thats reliable or not but it seems like a good deal to me.
Devoo55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#45 Devoo55
Member since 2007 • 3006 Posts

I see a lot of good arguements here.

Some people say they don't care, others say they will sell their Xboxs' because of this. Personally I don't care that much for it. I know MS could have done better but they didn't and that is that. I'm thinking MS was just lazy over the holidays and I totally understand that because if I was in their positions I would be to. I am happy to get a free arcade game but I would much prefer them to let us choose one. I know that won't happen because they will probobly just put an arcade game from __G to Free and leave it like that. Much easier them allowing everyone to choose one.

I just picked up an Xbox 360 about 2 weeks ago. I got LIVE about 12 days ago. This whole Xbox LIVE thing should not be a good impression but I am still having fun with it when it is up and working. I know that if this problem keeps going on a lot of rioting will be going on over the phone and on the Internet. I am sure this will calm down and MS will do something about all of this soon. I know I will stick with them no matter what. 100% better than any other online things out there.

Mikeyspikey0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Mikeyspikey0
Member since 2007 • 146 Posts
I'm kinda getting annoyed from these post now do you even know actualy how much it takes to keep a server from over loading,and plus, that can't just go buy a server and suddenly its working, you have to sup all the files on there, test it out, which can take a week depending on how long you test it for. i find annoying how people think its easy as hell just to keep servers runnnig. sorry for the flame.
dejo256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 dejo256
[QUOTE="dejo256"][QUOTE="killerfist"][QUOTE="OfficialBed"]

cort12

agreed

In Florida we are going back 7th of january

Devoo55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#48 Devoo55
Member since 2007 • 3006 Posts
[QUOTE="cort12"][QUOTE="dejo256"][QUOTE="killerfist"][QUOTE="OfficialBed"]

dejo256

agreed

In Florida we are going back 7th of january

Same with Canada.

bluem00se

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 bluem00se
Member since 2005 • 2185 Posts
I would be satisfied with the arcade game, but its not like Microsoft is gonna let us choose. They'll probably give us like the crappiest game on the marketplace.
dejo256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 dejo256

I'm kinda getting annoyed from these post now do you even know actualy how much it takes to keep a server from over loading,and plus, that can't just go buy a server and suddenly its working, you have to sup all the files on there, test it out, which can take a week depending on how long you test it for. i find annoying how people think its easy as hell just to keep servers runnnig. sorry for the flame.Mikeyspikey0

They just need to upload stuff on servers when they buy the new ones, and they did not buy any. However there must have been on old xbox (never owned it) but there was more people subscribed for xbl and you think that it wasnt as busy if not busier than its now. And yet i hear this is the first time they had this big of a problem