4gb Xobx 360 Consoles even woth getting?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Ryder_49

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 0

#1 Ryder_49
Member since 2011 • 119 Posts

So I was thinking of buying an Xbox 360 again (my old one RROD about 2-3 years ago) and was wondering if a 4gb one is playable. Like at all?

I remember the old 20gb one I had took forever to slowly fill up the hard drive and I'd probably only be playing like 3 different games.

Gears of War 3

Halo Reach

Witcher 2 (when it comes out)

So yeah, I was thinking I would get a 4gb now and maybe in the future if I needed the space just get a 250gb hard drive from somewhere (since the Xbox never used to chew up space). Does that sound like it would work or should I just go for the 250gb straight away?

demonic_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#2 demonic_85
Member since 2009 • 1395 Posts

Nope, i'd never buy one without a hard drive.

soapman72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 soapman72
Member since 2010 • 2714 Posts

no unless your only going to play kinect games...which I highly do not reccomend.

Ryder_49

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Ryder_49

demonic_85
To be fair, 4gb is the hard drive. It's an actual physical one you can remove just like others.
k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#5 k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts
umm 4gb na. but most retailers give $50 gift cards. so i would turn around and use that 50 for hard drive spending $250 for a 254gb xbox
k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 k2theswiss
[QUOTE="demonic_85"]

Ryder_49
To be fair, 4gb is the hard drive. It's an actual physical one you can remove just like others.

4gb is internal there is no removing. the hard drive space is empty
Ryder_49

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Ryder_49
[QUOTE="k2theswiss"][QUOTE="Ryder_49"][QUOTE="demonic_85"]

Ah did not know that. Thanks for clearing that up. Also I just noticed I spelt the topic title wrong, dammit.
Linkpheroth911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#8 Linkpheroth911
Member since 2005 • 414 Posts

Yes and then buy an old 360 hard drive and install that and it's cheaper.

halokillerz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 halokillerz
Member since 2004 • 3406 Posts

[QUOTE="Ryder_49"][QUOTE="demonic_85"]

k2theswiss

you can still remove the 4gb chip by opening the 360, but there's really no point in doing that. Anyways, its worth it if you still have your HDD from your old 360 since you can just put that into the 360. Also depends on how much room u need

kaze347

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 kaze347
Member since 2006 • 1270 Posts

So I was thinking of buying an Xbox 360 again (my old one RROD about 2-3 years ago) and was wondering if a 4gb one is playable. Like at all?

I remember the old 20gb one I had took forever to slowly fill up the hard drive and I'd probably only be playing like 3 different games.

Gears of War 3

Halo Reach

Witcher 2 (when it comes out)

So yeah, I was thinking I would get a 4gb now and maybe in the future if I needed the space just get a 250gb hard drive from somewhere (since the Xbox never used to chew up space). Does that sound like it would work or should I just go for the 250gb straight away?

Ryder_49

I play MW3 and Skyrim on mine just fine and bought a usb flash drive to download RE4 on. Ive got Castle Crashers and Monday Night Combat downloaded on the internal memory and still have 1GB left that I'll probably never use. But I also dont buy DLC for any game. Depending on your needs it could be the way to go, or it could just be a waste of money if you end up needing an upgraded harddrive.

Ryder_49

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Ryder_49

Wait you can put in your old hard drive? I had a hard drive for a Pro, I don't think you can put that on it can you?

nightshadow137

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 nightshadow137
Member since 2011 • 75 Posts
pit in an old hard drive it should be cheaper
nightshadow137

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 nightshadow137
Member since 2011 • 75 Posts
[QUOTE="nightshadow137"]pit in an old hard drive it should be cheaper

i mean "put" LOL
grimms2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 grimms2
Member since 2008 • 63 Posts
I was gonna buy the 4GB system (Biggest mistake I would of made). Save your self the hassle later on, and just buy a 250 gb xbox slim. Thats what I did. I only have 120 gb space left after one month. You will thank yourself later, even if you never have a need to fill it up. You won't have to worry about ever running out of space.
Doctor_Dino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Doctor_Dino
Member since 2012 • 36 Posts

Hard drives fill up on downloadable demos, games, movies, and music. If you are only planning on saving game saves on the hard drive, there isn't really a reason to buy the upgraded hard drive.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#16 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

It all depends what you want to download onto your hardrive because if you want to download movies and games and demos then i would suggest geting a bigger hardrive.

xGamePlayerx19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#17 xGamePlayerx19
Member since 2008 • 379 Posts

well it depends really, if you just going to play some games on it, and dont downaload or install anything, then go for the 4gb, but if you wanna install games and planning to get some games off the market, then go for the bigger hard drive i would say

bloodling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 bloodling
Member since 2006 • 5822 Posts

Wait you can put in your old hard drive? I had a hard drive for a Pro, I don't think you can put that on it can you?

Ryder_49

No, you can't. The hard drives are different in the S models.

k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 k2theswiss

[QUOTE="Ryder_49"]

bloodling

the insides of the hds are the same. Microsoft package them different. with the fat xbox microosft wanted people upgrading them and stuff. in the S microsoft made it smaller and made it a internal wannabe but really a external. so M$ just place it in a smaller casing. SO with that said you can break open the FAT hd and remove the insides and place it in there.
bloodling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 bloodling
Member since 2006 • 5822 Posts

the insides of the hds are the same. Microsoft package them different. with the fat xbox microosft wanted people upgrading them and stuff. in the S microsoft made it smaller and made it a internal wannabe but really a external. so M$ just place it in a smaller casing. SO with that said you can break open the FAT hd and remove the insides and place it in there.k2theswiss

Interesting, I've never heard of that. Thanks for correcting me.

halokillerz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 halokillerz

[QUOTE="bloodling"]

[QUOTE="Ryder_49"]

k2theswiss

the insides of the hds are the same. Microsoft package them different. with the fat xbox microosft wanted people upgrading them and stuff. in the S microsoft made it smaller and made it a internal wannabe but really a external. so M$ just place it in a smaller casing. SO with that said you can break open the FAT hd and remove the insides and place it in there.

Dont even have to break it open, you can remove the screws incase you ever want to reuse the casing

Rattlesnake_8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#22 Rattlesnake_8
Member since 2004 • 18452 Posts

[QUOTE="k2theswiss"][QUOTE="Ryder_49"] To be fair, 4gb is the hard drive. It's an actual physical one you can remove just like others.halokillerz

you can still remove the 4gb chip by opening the 360, but there's really no point in doing that. Anyways, its worth it if you still have your HDD from your old 360 since you can just put that into the 360. Also depends on how much room u need

The hard drivess from the old model 360 don't work with the new 360's. The new ones use an internal hard drive. You get 4gb memory, even with the 250 gb system. The ONLY difference is it comes with a 250gb hard drive, which you can buy separately later on. The main question to ask yourself is will you be downloading dlc, installing games and trying out game demos? If the answer is yes then go with the 250gb.
halokillerz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 halokillerz
[QUOTE="halokillerz"]

[QUOTE="k2theswiss"] 4gb is internal there is no removing. the hard drive space is emptyRattlesnake_8

The hard drivess from the old model 360 don't work with the new 360's. The new ones use an internal hard drive. You get 4gb memory, even with the 250 gb system. The ONLY difference is it comes with a 250gb hard drive, which you can buy separately later on. The main question to ask yourself is will you be downloading dlc, installing games and trying out game demos? If the answer is yes then go with the 250gb.

wrong, just remove the casing from the old HDDs, and presto, u have an internal HDD that works with the slim models
Echo13791

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#24 Echo13791
Member since 2004 • 5029 Posts

A harddrive is totally necessary, especially this late in the generation. There's so many downloadable games and a ton of DLC for full price purchases.

Eternal-Entity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 172

#25 Eternal-Entity
Member since 2008 • 1371 Posts

Lol, I am not one to complain about questions asked repeatedly, but it is getting awkward now. A lot of posts about 4 GB Slim Xbox 360 consoles.

Well, I would say a 4 GB is good enough for a short while, but eventually you should get a $150 320 GB Internal Harddrive. Installing all of the games helps keep your room & your body (because of the heat reduction), and your Xbox 360 (also because of heat reduction) in good shape. Before I started installing games, I had 60 degrees Celcius in my room in the winter. Now I have 45. And this is Canada, west coast...not Africa, India, or Australia.